Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

FactsAreUseless posted:

She's going to post here on Tuesday.

what year?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

sneakyfrog posted:

what year?
Tuesday.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

:aaaaa: this explains a lot

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Yeah, and that's when Wimpy is gonna pay me for all those damned burgers he's eaten!

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

lol TCC's gonna have a field day with this one

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/26/health/opioid-crisis-kratom-potential/index.html

e: isn't 6 pills like in the photo basically a miniscule fraction of an average user's daily dose?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Kelp Me! posted:

e: isn't 6 pills like in the photo basically a miniscule fraction of an average user's daily dose?

"Can gasoline put out this fire? Richard Quest with the latest."

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
They need to start cutting Heroin with Krokodil for maximum efficiency.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Kratom actually does help opioid addicts taper down, since it's legal, cheap, and easy to reliably dose.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Is kratom the stuff the guy was on when he went through the plate glass.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Kratom actually does help opioid addicts taper down, since it's legal, cheap, and easy to reliably dose.

If they're actually trying to ween off instead of drinking giant green smoothies of it daily

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:
It's hard to take enough kratom to get really hosed up without puking it all up immediately. It's just a mild high - nothing like the harder opiates. No one's gonna OD on plain leaf kratom. It's addictive but nowhere near dope fiend levels. It's described as more like a caffeine or nicotine addiction. I tried a small sampler pack of it a few years ago from a thread-recommended vendor (because why not, it's cheap and legal) and it didn't do much for me and I never ordered more.

FST though is the form of kratom everyone in the TCC thread was hooked on for a long time. No one knows exactly what's in it but it's an extremely strong extract that's probably mixed with research chemicals. It's expensive and only sold by one vendor. I've never tried it but I've seen several people claim it's better than heroin (and just as addictive). Lots of people in there have spent tens of thousands of dollars on this mystery fluid over the years. It's nuts.

Last year when there was threat of a ban on kratom, FST became unavailable to everyone but a select few (the biggest spenders) who got secret catalogue access. This lead to most people in the thread weaning themselves down to just using the regular plain leaf kratom, which is by far the lesser of two evils. I'm sure some of them had to have gone back to street drugs though.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

What happens if you pack your bum full of the leaves?

Asking for a friend

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

LingcodKilla posted:

Asking for a friend

Hemorrhoids

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

more like Assy Knows

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.

LingcodKilla posted:

You get a really lovely high.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

LingcodKilla posted:

Asking for a friend

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

One thing I always wonder when people post these kinds of things - is this a real quote from a super weird show, or a translation error, or just someone adding fake dialogue like with Newspaper Spiderman?

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

That is a super weird show, but it is also fake.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
If you've ever done the cinnamon challenge or even watched a video of it then you have an idea what taking kratom is like. Its hard to become as addicted as someone is on opiates to plain leaf because you physically have to ingest so much of it. There are ways to mitigate it coating your throat but they don't always work. If you're really trying to eat ounces of plant matter you can I guess go the pill capper route and take 30 every morning, or mix it with peanut butter aka poo poo paste (it looks like poop on toast). FST aka full spectrum tincture (maybe something similar to tramadol but like kratom who knowsss what it is) is SUPER addictive, goons have spent over 100k and some closer to 200k on it in a few years easy. Read the kratom threads in TCC. Don't decide to order some yourself for funsies.

I hope some kratom users come in and correct me because :lol: at the whole thing.

LingcodKilla posted:

Asking for a friend

Your poo poo is already super impacted from all the plant matter you're eating that is also dehydrating AND makes you poop less like opiates you so one way or another you're getting a bum full of leaves!

In regards to the opioid epidemic, probably

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

I hope some kratom users come in

no don't

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

come on, it'll be just as funny as when the steroid people came in to defend hyperthyroidism, gynecomastia, and bacne.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Dillbag posted:

come on, it'll be just as funny as when the steroid people came in to defend hyperthyroidism, gynecomastia, and bacne.

It'll be exactly like that. The $ amounts are staggering

here is shitpaste:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Eugh, marmite. :barf:

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:

If you've ever done the cinnamon challenge or even watched a video of it then you have an idea what taking kratom is like. Its hard to become as addicted as someone is on opiates to plain leaf because you physically have to ingest so much of it. There are ways to mitigate it coating your throat but they don't always work. If you're really trying to eat ounces of plant matter you can I guess go the pill capper route and take 30 every morning, or mix it with peanut butter aka poo poo paste (it looks like poop on toast). FST aka full spectrum tincture (maybe something similar to tramadol but like kratom who knowsss what it is) is SUPER addictive, goons have spent over 100k and some closer to 200k on it in a few years easy. Read the kratom threads in TCC. Don't decide to order some yourself for funsies.

I put "tens of thousands of dollars" in my post up above which I think is more the average among the heaviest users but there were a couple guys who were just totally out of control at a level dwarfing even other serious addicts in that thread.

Like, most of the worst addicts spent one new car on FST. A couple guys spent 3, 4, 5 new cars worth of money on it.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I've done the cinnamon challenge, the saltine challenge and the tabasco challenge multiple times and I still think kratom is a loving retarded drug for idiots.

e: they sell that poo poo at loving gas station counters lol :thumbsup:

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

what is it with getting people to do anything as long as (a) there is a camera and (b) it is phrased as [NOUN] challenge

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Pastry of the Year posted:

what is it with getting people to do anything as long as (a) there is a camera and (b) it is phrased as [NOUN] challenge

9/11 Challenge!

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I didn't do it for any on-camera ice bucket challenge thing, just drunken college jackassery.

Saltine and tabasco challenges are nothing, the cinnamon one sucks though :downs:

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

I hope some kratom users come in and correct me because :lol: at the whole thing.

Your poo poo is already super impacted from all the plant matter you're eating that is also dehydrating AND makes you poop less like opiates you so one way or another you're getting a bum full of leaves!

In regards to the opioid epidemic, probably

Wait how much does this poo poo cost per “dose”, I don’t want any btw

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

LingcodKilla posted:

Asking for a friend

This is called roughage and if you want to cut out the middle man and not eat a salad you can always just put leaves up your butt.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Burt Sexual posted:

like $5ish?

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

Burt Sexual posted:

If you have $100,000 you can always be dosed

until you run out of money and need another $100,000

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

Burt Sexual posted:

This sounds about right if not cheaper. You buy it in kilos. To be clear this is the super mild "plain leaf" we're talking about which you have to really work at to eat to get high but is still a giant step up from gas station/headshop kratom. I can't stress how nauseating it was for me, both the act of eating and then the feeling after.

FST is some devil juice poo poo that ruins lives. I never tried it but people would have to spend a lot of money to get access to the secret catalog with bigger bottles of this chemical (as originally you'd only be offered 2/4ml and the addicts want the price break on the 48ml) that you had to lie and say you were doing research with. The thread never got it together over several years to send a sample of FST in to a lab to get it analyzed to see what it actually was because EVERYONE WHO BOUGHT ANY USED IT ALL :lol:

Read it around holidays or if it gets banned again (it was scheduled to be but got overturned I think due to outrage?) because people flip out when they realize what days fed ex ships packages and a day without is a life deal breaker

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

jesus gently caress lol

just smoke weed you dweebs, they got those dabs now that send you to another planet

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

This sounds about right if not cheaper. You buy it in kilos. To be clear this is the super mild "plain leaf" we're talking about which you have to really work at to eat to get high but is still a giant step up from gas station/headshop kratom. I can't stress how nauseating it was for me, both the act of eating and then the feeling after.

FST is some devil juice poo poo that ruins lives. I never tried it but people would have to spend a lot of money to get access to the secret catalog with bigger bottles of this chemical (as originally you'd only be offered 2/4ml and the addicts want the price break on the 48ml) that you had to lie and say you were doing research with. The thread never got it together over several years to send a sample of FST in to a lab to get it analyzed to see what it actually was because EVERYONE WHO BOUGHT ANY USED IT ALL :lol:

Read it around holidays or if it gets banned again (it was scheduled to be but got overturned I think due to outrage?) because people flip out when they realize what days fed ex ships packages and a day without is a life deal breaker

My all time favorite SA Forums saga is the ongoing one where TCC posters continue to find ways to destroy themselves with chemicals that nobody else has ever even heard of.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Kelp Me! posted:

I take kratom (supervised by my rheumatologist) to reduce pain and swelling from an autoimmune condition. Assuming those pills are the same ones I have (size 0 I think) I take between 25-35 pills a day.

I'm not sure how that compares to dosages for users of recreation or dependence dosages but I can check. I think each pill is 0.4 grams.

Edit: whoops, hadn't read up. Sounds like about 30 pills/day is what other people use too. I'm not going the extract route because of concerns about adulterant and dependence, just capping pills of leaf.

WrenP-Complete has a new favorite as of 04:26 on Oct 27, 2017

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

WrenP-Complete posted:

I take kratom (supervised by my rheumatologist) to reduce pain and swelling from an autoimmune condition. Assuming those pills are the same ones I have (size 0 I think) I take between 25-35 pills a day.

I'm not sure how that compares to dosages for users of recreation or dependence dosages but I can check. I think each pill is 0.4 grams.

have you considered smoking mad weed my brother because that sounds frankly bonkers

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Kelp Me! posted:

have you considered smoking mad weed my brother because that sounds frankly bonkers

*sister

Yes, I recently moved states and my new doctor is working on getting me a medical marijuana card now. The recreational strains don't seem to help as much as the medical ones in the state I moved from.

Not gonna lie: the whole thing is pretty bonkers.

Your summary seems basically correct. I'll see if I can find a picture of the kratom smoothie someone (Moist von Lipwig?) made.

WrenP-Complete has a new favorite as of 04:37 on Oct 27, 2017

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Kelp Me! posted:

This is actually true though. Those caps could be ~4.5g which is a normal dose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

WrenP-Complete posted:

I'll see if I can find a picture of the kratom smoothie someone (Moist von Lipwig?) made.

Moist von Lipwig posted:

Because I said I would