Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

Backyarr posted:

I've been in a similar situation as you for quite a while -- I'm rocking a G700s and there's no replacement in sight. I was excited when I learned the Roccat Tyon and Leadr existed, but as you say one's got a subpar sensor for today's mice and the other is just way too expensive.
Unfortunately, I can't find anything else that I like. I'll probably just put aside some cash and wait till I can reason myself into spending 150 EUR on a mouse :downs: Some unopened G700 and G600 mice can still be found on eBay (not cheap though) so maybe I'll spring for one more of the same.

I'd probably consider Swiftpoint Z if the money is no objection whatsoever. Looks like to be in the same weight category, and reviews seem good even if it seemed to be a gimmick when I originally heard of its kickstarter campaign. Not the perfect mouse for FPS's due to weight though, but I can think of doing few things with its "multi trigger buttons" like assigning a modifier/shift for a light press instead of an actual press. I'll probably settle for the Corsair once my mouse totally breaks, but it feels like a sidegrade at best, downgrade at worst compared to the Logitech G600. It really feels like mice are kinda stagnant at the moment, especially when considering price point.

edit: Might actually get a Steelseries Rival 500 instead, albeit it had some past issues with disconnections that *seem* to be fixed with drivers.

Dessel fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Sep 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.
I'm debating between a Logitech MX Master 2S, Logitech G903, and Swiftpoint Z mouse. (I'm open to others.)

1) Is the Swiftpoint actually the miracle mouse the marketing materials want me to believe? Does tilting the mouse really work great for leaning out from cover in PUBG?

2) I already have a keyboard which uses Logitech's Unifying Receiver. Would the G903's "lightspeed" receiver interfere? (This is the only reason I am considering the MX Master, as it uses the Unifying Receiver.)

3) Is the G903 going to receive heavy interference from a microwave? My apartment is small, and my old MX Revolution goes to hell when something is being microwaved.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Linus Tech Tips went to Logitech's R&D facility in Switzerland a year or so back: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQxw-pX4dak

If their testing is to be believed, (and follow-up reporting from other sources) Logitech's wireless mice appear to be as-good-as-or-better than wired IN SOME CATEGORIES, to the point that it is known that several CSGO pros use Logitech wireless mice. (Disclaimer: Cloud9 is sponsored by Logitech.)

Also, that video was sponsored by Logitech.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Oct 5, 2017

Ezekial
Jan 10, 2014

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

I'm debating between a Logitech MX Master 2S, Logitech G903, and Swiftpoint Z mouse. (I'm open to others.)

1) Is the Swiftpoint actually the miracle mouse the marketing materials want me to believe? Does tilting the mouse really work great for leaning out from cover in PUBG?

2) I already have a keyboard which uses Logitech's Unifying Receiver. Would the G903's "lightspeed" receiver interfere? (This is the only reason I am considering the MX Master, as it uses the Unifying Receiver.)

3) Is the G903 going to receive heavy interference from a microwave? My apartment is small, and my old MX Revolution goes to hell when something is being microwaved.

Get a BenQ Zowie. Low profile, low bullshit, high performance.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
What? No, hell no. That is a terrible recommendation for the things he's looking for.

I don't have experience with the mice he's considering (as I don't have $200 to spend on a Z and don't like the G900/3), but I have multiple Zowies and they are not at all what he wants.

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.
What I want is a mouse for games. Ideally wireless, but doesn't absolutely have to be.

I buy mice rarely (this is my first new mouse in about eight years), so I don't really know exactly what I might like best.

The Z is interesting, but it's also really expensive and is first generation hardware.

I'm probably going to just get a G903 because I think Logitech makes good stuff, unless someone sells me hard on something else.

Chimp_On_Stilts fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Oct 6, 2017

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
If you want wireless, than G903 is probably a good bet! The only other Logitech mouse I'd recommend trying if you're down for wired as well is the G502, they're definitely different and you might end up liking one more than the other.

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
Don't disregard the G403 if you need fewer buttons. Its fantastic.
I feel like all I've done in this thread since I got the G403 is be impressed by the wireless and suggest it to others looking for wireless. It really is very nice, especially for my desk layout. I plug it in before I go to bed and unplug it in the morning, good to go.
I'm cursed with cable drag any time I use a wired mouse and its a problem I didn't realize was so annoying until it was no longer there.

Horizontal Tree fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Oct 6, 2017

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

So my G900 ended up stolen. Is there any way to get the S/N from the logitech software? :ohdear:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

My G502 shouldn't have this much side-to-side play in the scroll wheel, should it?

edit: new video with narration

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AA3TgtsMrzg

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Oct 8, 2017

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Josh Lyman posted:

My G502 shouldn't have this much side-to-side play in the scroll wheel, should it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGcUZ18rFY4

That's how you scroll side to side, tilting the wheel is two extra buttons.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Rexxed posted:

That's how you scroll side to side, tilting the wheel is two extra buttons.
I thought this might happen if I didn't narrate the video. For the first part, before I spin the wheel, you can see it moving side to side, but that's NOT activating the clicks.

After it's in freescroll mode, I again am able to wobble it before I click left twice and right twice, then wobble it gain.

Now with narration!

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Oct 8, 2017

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Josh Lyman posted:

I thought this might happen if I didn't narrate the video. For the first part, before I spin the wheel, you can see it moving side to side, but that's NOT activating the clicks.

After it's in freescroll mode, I again am able to wobble it before I click left twice and right twice, then wobble it gain.

Now with narration!

Oh yeah, in that case it behaves the same as mine. I presume that there's a little wobble because it's on a springy axle instead of a fixed one due to needing to pivot to hit the side to side scrolling switches.

You can kind of see how it works in this picture, I imagine some flexing is normal with a plastic housing and some kind of spring steel centering it (from this teardown):

Sunshine89
Nov 22, 2009

foutre posted:

If you want wireless, than G903 is probably a good bet! The only other Logitech mouse I'd recommend trying if you're down for wired as well is the G502, they're definitely different and you might end up liking one more than the other.

Does the G903 have the super fast scroll wheel the Master does?

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
It has the same dual-mode mousewheel but better because it isn't 25 grams all on its own

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
the left mouse button on my ancient razer deathadder is starting to go. I'm not really a fan of the logitech gaming mice. Anyone tried the razer basilisk? Are there other brands I should be looking at?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Jose posted:

the left mouse button on my ancient razer deathadder is starting to go. I'm not really a fan of the logitech gaming mice. Anyone tried the razer basilisk? Are there other brands I should be looking at?

Maybe Steelseries?

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Not sure if I'm missing something but are the Logitech gaming wireless doodads different from the regular Unifying ones? I have this new G603 and a K360 keyboard and it seems ridiculous to need separate wireless connections, but the unifying software / dongle doesn't recognise the mouse and vice versa.

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
The Gaming line stuff doesn't use Unifying Receivers, they have to use their own unique ones. Its all about response time and lag reduction.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Jose posted:

Were I not inextricably mired in Logitech gear, I might go with the smallest Zowie mice. (I am a fingertip gripper)

I still may, when this g502 bites it, but I figure Kim Don-Ill will end the world in nuclear fire first.

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.

knox_harrington posted:

Not sure if I'm missing something but are the Logitech gaming wireless doodads different from the regular Unifying ones? I have this new G603 and a K360 keyboard and it seems ridiculous to need separate wireless connections, but the unifying software / dongle doesn't recognise the mouse and vice versa.

I have a Logitech keyboard which uses the unifying receiver and a mouse (G903) which uses the gaming receiver. They are not the same.

Similarly frustrating: the keyboard and mouse use separate software for managing their functions.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Horizontal Tree posted:

The Gaming line stuff doesn't use Unifying Receivers, they have to use their own unique ones. Its all about response time and lag reduction.

Huh, fair enough I guess. I thought that maybe if the gaming one was better they could still get it to talk to the keyboard.

Anyway I have to say I really like my G603 mouse. I thought I liked the previous one, a M510 I am now using for work, but this thing just works really nicely. Also I am considering another monitor, please can somebody stop me buying peripherals.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!
In terms of mousepads I saw someone in another thread claim that they wouldn't get a Steelseries QcK XXL pad, because it was made of the same material as the QcK pad rather than the the QcK+ pad. I thought all mouse pads in that line were made of the same material, and the only difference between the versions was the size? Can anyone confirm or debunk?

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

As far as I can tell, the difference is the thickness. QcK Mini, QcK, and QcK+ are 2mm thick; QcK XXL is 4mm thick; and QcK Mass and QcK Heavy are 6mm thick.

As to what that means for your mousing enjoyment, no clue.

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

drat i splashed out on the g403 wireless and it's extremely cool and also good, i hope this helps anyone who is on the fence about getting a GAMING GRADE wireless mouse

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
Microsoft just brought back the Intellimouse, but with 3200 DPI
https://www.microsoft.com/accessories/en-us/products/mice/microsoft-classic-intellimouse

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

LOL it weighs more than a G502.

The forward thumb button has always been a little out of reach. If it's on sale for $29.99, I guess that wouldn't be a bad choice if you're on a budget.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
That mouse was my jam except I had the wireless version. I used it until it died and went to the MX revo. Unfortunately I’m too used to the auto clutch to go back.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Thanks to whomever suggested the Dechanic XXL upthread. I switched from an Anywhere MX to a G900 which doesn't work on my glass desk, and the Logitech mousepad I got with it last year was getting grody because it didn't have the trim on the edges.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
decided to just get another deathadder since i liked my previous one and got nearly 10 years of use out of it

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!
Need some help deciding on a new mouse since my Steelseries Sensei RAW is dying. I'm on a budget and was eyeing either the G502 or Roccat Kova due to price plus accessible number of thumb buttons; The Sensei, despite having two on the side really only feels like one is usable without hurting my hand. The G502 and Kova have fairly large and easily accessible side buttons, hence my attraction, but I'm not sure about either one. Is there a better offering I'm unaware of as well?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Has anyone used the Lenovo X1 mouse?

https://www3.lenovo.com/us/en/accessories-and-monitors/keyboards-and-mice/mice/KB-MICE-BO-TP-X1-Wireless-Touch-Mouse/p/4X30K40903

I'm looking to get something for work travel and while a bit gimmicky, this seems to be one of the few compact and light bluetooth mice available. Plus, the gimmicks could actually be useful sometimes so I'm leaning towards taking a chance with employer's money :v:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

mobby_6kl posted:

https://www3.lenovo.com/us/en/accessories-and-monitors/keyboards-and-mice/mice/KB-MICE-BO-TP-X1-Wireless-Touch-Mouse/p/4X30K40903

I'm looking to get something for work travel and while a bit gimmicky, this seems to be one of the few compact and light bluetooth mice available. Plus, the gimmicks could actually be useful sometimes so I'm leaning towards taking a chance with employer's money :v:
Looks like an Apple Magic Mouse to me.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

mobby_6kl posted:

MX Anywhere 2 has better multi device connectivity, Bluetooth 4.0, Darkfield laser (meaning better tracking on more surfaces), similar in size, has more programmable buttons, and Hyperscroll.

For the same price I'm not sure why anyone would consider the Lenovo. It isn't even a fair comparison.

poo poo, I think Logitech offers a weird thin mouse that has full out gesture support or something for like half the price.

But you would have to try really hard to beat the MX Anywhere for travel mice.

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Oct 25, 2017

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
I have a weird fetish for Cheapo Chinese Mice, I've owned razr, plenty of logitech, multiple madcatz etc, and my present mouse I just got randomly from ebay, a Redragon Perdition.
12 thumbs like the logitech layout, cheesy red and black colouring. you should be able to find it for about 30 bux. or a third of the mouse its emulating, of course it has zany chinese config software, but its honestly not so bad at all.
http://www.redragonzone.com/Home/Product/item/id/37.html

redeyes
Sep 14, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Comments say that mouse isn't a normal HID mouse device.. some kind of custom BS that doesn't work in Linux, Android, Mac, etc. Only windows. BARF

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

redeyes posted:

Comments say that mouse isn't a normal HID mouse device.. some kind of custom BS that doesn't work in Linux, Android, Mac, etc. Only windows. BARF

That's the spec page. There isn't a comments page unless it's extra buried.

Wait, it's actually not USB HID? Source?

Either way, loving why, Microsoft.

dont be mean to me fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Oct 27, 2017

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

dont be mean to me posted:

That's the spec page.

Wait, it's actually not USB HID?

loving why, Microsoft.

~Made for W I N D O W S~

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Wasabi the J posted:

~Made for W I N D O W S~

Microsoft hardware (Xbox consoles aside) has historically gone for neglect of other OSes, not obstruction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

dont be mean to me posted:

Microsoft hardware (Xbox consoles aside) has historically gone for neglect of other OSes, not obstruction.

Remember winmodems :allears: