Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Dan tried to warn us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
In case anyone watches Harmon Quest, season 2 is coming September 15th to VRV

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

hanales posted:

In case anyone watches Harmon Quest, season 2 is coming September 15th to VRV

Of note, it looks like it also provides all episodes of season 1 free with ads: https://help.vrv.co/hc/en-us/articles/115003591303-Seeso-changes-on-VRV

Looks like they picked up the other good Seeso shows as exclusives as well.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Except for Take My Wife :(

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Watching it again, Season 4 wasn't so bad.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

PostNouveau posted:

Watching it again, Season 4 wasn't so bad.

You might want to check for gas leaks in your home.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
New Harmonquest is good so far and the dynamic between Dan and Erin is exactly the same except he introduces her as "my former better half"

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Klungar posted:

You might want to check for gas leaks in your home.

Also Season 3 was a lot worse than I remembered.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Season 1 was a nice good new warm hearted comedy

Season 2 was pretty much just perfect

Season 3 they really ruined Chang and then gave him far too much of a role.

There was a season 4?

Season 5 made some good changes

Season 6 was also pretty perfect maybe, who knows, possibly

IMO

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Season 4 was terribly formulaic, but the formula was so good that it was still waaaaaay better than most other shows.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
"We finally found a way to make paintball cool again!"

The sheer deafness of that statement sums up everything about season 4 I think.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Most of season 4 is just boring and meh rather than actively bad, imo. But that finale is all kinds of yikes.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I was one of those people who ardently defended Season 4 in this thread when it first came out. But on a rewatch it didn't hold up. That's just me though. I wish I could enjoy Season 4 again because the amount of Community we have just ain't enough.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Hedrigall posted:

"We finally found a way to make paintball cool again!"

The sheer deafness of that statement sums up everything about season 4 I think.

I stopped watching that episode a few seconds after that was said.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Ratjaculation posted:

Season 1 was a nice good new warm hearted comedy

This disappeared far too quickly, and by the end of Season Three we were just watching people be nasty to each other and the people around them. I'm glad we got the amount of Community we did, but at the time is felt exhausting to experience it weekly.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

PriorMarcus posted:

This disappeared far too quickly, and by the end of Season Three we were just watching people be nasty to each other and the people around them. I'm glad we got the amount of Community we did, but at the time is felt exhausting to experience it weekly.
Counterpoint: Season 6

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Season 3 is still the best season, but Season 6 is a close second. 6 was good enough to justify it still existing. Hell, just the end tags of Season 6 were good enough to justify itself.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I'd rank it 2 1 3 6 5 4, which I think all smart adults (Ricks) would agree with.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

FactsAreUseless posted:

I'd rank it 2 1 3 6 5 4, which I think all smart adults (Ricks) would agree with.

:same: with special mention to "Conspiracy theories and interior design" probably being my favorite overall episode of the show.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

FactsAreUseless posted:

Swap 6 and 3

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

3, 6, 2, 1, 5, 4

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
Season 4 >>>>>>>>> that episode of Rick and Morty with the Szechwan sauce > Harmontown > Harmon Quest > Channel 101 > Season 5 > Season 1 > Season 3 > Jokes about gas leaks

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

umalt posted:

Season 4 >>>>>>>>> that episode of Rick and Morty with the Szechwan sauce > Harmontown > Harmon Quest > Channel 101 > Season 5 > Season 1 > Season 3 > Jokes about gas leaks

But where do Computerman and the pilot for Heat Vision and Jack rank?

Edit: I guess Computerman falls under "Channel 101"

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
poo poo, lemme fix that.

Jack Black and Lightning McQueen gently caress Your Mom for a Half Hour > Season 4 > Anything else that hack Dan Harmon made.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Did anyone ever find a full version of "I'm High as Hell" from Ladders episode?

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

hamsystem posted:

:same: with special mention to "Conspiracy theories and interior design" probably being my favorite overall episode of the show.

If you don’t think “App Development and Condiments” is one of the best 22 minutes ever put to film then I don’t know what to tell you other then you are wrong and we should fight.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Remedial Chaos Theory makes season 3 the best season of any TV show ever.

That it also contains gems like Digital Estate Planning, and Pillows and Blankets just solidifies that.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

PostNouveau posted:

Swap 6 and 3
I've honestly gone back and forth on which I like more.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

hamsystem posted:

Goodfellas being one of my favourite movies I have to give Contemporary American Poultry very high praise.
Also I am one of those people that loves the smiiiihittyyyyyy episode.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
I mean I love pretty much every episode except most of season 4. There's just something about "conspiracy theories" that makes me love it most.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I like the fact that Community S3 went so far afield. I like when shows go overboard and do weird things that I don't expect from them. That's how we got The Prisoner.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I wish Paget Brewster and Keith David had been on the show from the beginning instead of Yvette Nicole Brown and Chevy Chase.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ˇTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!

PostNouveau posted:

I wish Paget Brewster and Keith David had been on the show from the beginning
That's nice.

PostNouveau posted:

instead of Yvette Nicole Brown and Chevy Chase.
That's less nice.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I think this is genuinely one of the best scenes on Community.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAIJD5OA4y0

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

PostNouveau posted:

I wish Paget Brewster and Keith David had been on the show from the beginning instead of Yvette Nicole Brown and Chevy Chase.
Brown and Chase were both great, the writers just didn't know what to do with their characters.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Yvette was wonderful and when the writers did have poo poo for her she loving nailed it.

"The word he's looking for is "sassy." He better pray he don't find it."

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Oh Snapple! posted:

Yvette was wonderful and when the writers did have poo poo for her she loving nailed it.

"The word he's looking for is "sassy." He better pray he don't find it."

I want this as my next avatar

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

FactsAreUseless posted:

Brown and Chase were both great, the writers just didn't know what to do with their characters.

Yeah, I guess this is really what I was seeing. They had a few characters (Chang, Shirley, Pierce, Hickey) that the writers didn't totally figure out. Brewster and David, though, right out the gate they had them fully realized.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Shirley is great because she is very much a character you would meet in that environment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
Frankie monologuing to how dumb the Dean is: likely the best scene in Season 6.

• Locked thread