Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
we don't really know why he asked misuzu out. she didn't know, and he's never mentioned it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

we don't really know why he asked misuzu out. she didn't know, and he's never mentioned it.

I'm thinking we'll find out why in this arc, is the thing.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

To avoid his relationship with Tomo changing.

The reason he dated her
The reason this is still going on

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp.

The most classical of anime misunderstandings.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Let's take a more literal look at the past...

We've gone back to where it all began, so let's take a look at where it actually began...

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Somehow what surprises me most is that this is only the first time this has happened in the comic.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

I mean does this even really count as a misunderstanding? She clearly doesn't have any sort of romantic feelings for him right now based on her conversation with Misuzu so it's not like Jun is getting the wrong idea about anything.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he acted like it was the most absurd thing in the world like 5 minutes prior, but when tomo reacts more or less the same way he did it's some terrible affront.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
jun's really dumb, almost as dumb as societal expectations

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

he acted like it was the most absurd thing in the world like 5 minutes prior, but when tomo reacts more or less the same way he did it's some terrible affront.

I mean it completely threw him for a loop and shocked him to his core, while Tomo is just laughing it off. He is probably just astonished at her ability to not be bothered by it and complete faith that nothing can change in their relationship, which he will now attempt to emulate for the rest of time.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

And this is to go even further beyond!

Jun has reached blockhead 3

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I can't wait for the story to Benjamin Button itself further and show 8 year old Tomo telling Jun that she likes him and that this has been a thing for at least two months past their first meeting.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
"I can't believe a person that I didn't even realize was a girl until earlier this morning doesn't want to date me." - An idiot

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

SpacePig posted:

"I can't believe a person that I didn't even realize was a girl until earlier this morning doesn't want to date me." - An idiot

Jun's just having a hard few days here. His best friend is suddenly a girl, he touches said friend's boob, she says she doesn't mind if it's him, he hears her laughing off any chance of them dating, then he sees her interacting with other boys normally.

For an awkward teenager, this is like a tsunami of mixed emotions.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's basically a shounen villian backstory

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture
jun is the villain of this manga so

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Wallrod posted:

jun is the villain of this manga so

Yeah. Jun what are you doing?

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Blockhead level 4 reached

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Jun's quest to become the ultimate blockhead.

He's doing a standup job.

quote:

Hiatus. Tomo back Monday the 6th.

Well my week is ruined.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Compendium posted:

Blockhead level 4 reached

And as a flashback, you just know he can go even further beyond. Goddamn, Jun.:ssj:

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
she's gonna beat the crap out of him

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

she's gonna beat the crap out of him

That's exactly what he wants.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Hormonal early teenager has a hard time processing emotions, flails a bit in his relationships with others; film at eleven.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

these teens are so rude!

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Jun status: Still a dumb idiot baby

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Dear Jun,

I came here to laugh at you.

-Char.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Blockhead status, confirmed.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I'll give him credit about thinking about it through more than most kids his age

still, a blockhead

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Wonder what middle school trauma Jun goes through/gives himself to forget about all of this by high school and be back to thinking Tomo's a boy by where the manga starts.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i thought the issue at manga start was that he doesn't see tomo as a girl (a subtle but important difference from actually thinking she's a boy)

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

SpacePig posted:

Wonder what middle school trauma Jun goes through/gives himself to forget about all of this by high school and be back to thinking Tomo's a boy by where the manga starts.

Shizuo Heiwajima's school life but it all takes place over a single week.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

SpacePig posted:

I think idea is that Jun is now aware Tomo is a girl, confronted by the fact that he's attracted to her, and then immediately confronted with the possibility that she might not be attracted to him.

So Jun falls back onto "Tomo isn't a girl" as a psychological wall to bottle up his jealousy.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Jun is also really, really dumb.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Neo_Crimson posted:

I think idea is that Jun is now aware Tomo is a girl, confronted by the fact that he's attracted to her, and then immediately confronted with the possibility that she might not be attracted to him.

So Jun falls back onto "Tomo isn't a girl" as a psychological wall to bottle up his jealousy.

It's a fall back onto "Tomo is a girl, but she doesn't mind me treating her as a boy, and its easier for me to do so."

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Really the whole comic is just Jun desperately trying to keep the status quo, and these flashbacks just show how far back that goes.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Jun. Jun. Dude.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
What the gently caress.

That was worse than I expected.

Why, Jun.

Why?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Is this when Jun decides to ask Misuzu out.