Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

You can't get a 5* during the tutorial roll anymore, unless you mean just going until you get 30SQ to do a normal roll and then rerolling if no SSR, but that sounds miserable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Well just took on the first Medea Halloween quest, and lo, there was a purple heart! ....Now I just need the other one and I can get Casko up to her third ascension.

LightningSquid
Dec 27, 2013
Yeah I wouldn't reroll anyway, I'm pretty satisfied with my setup at the moment, and I got Herc on my first go-around of the prologue so I'm counting my blessings.

How are you guys farming Halloween Princess? I heard you mentioning Atalante a lot, are you going into that quest, killing her, and then withdrawing if she didn't drop it?

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

LightningSquid posted:

How are you guys farming Halloween Princess? I heard you mentioning Atalante a lot, are you going into that quest, killing her, and then withdrawing if she didn't drop it?

Yup. Over and over again

LightningSquid
Dec 27, 2013
Oh. That sounds... fun. :shepface:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Don't bother trying to get the drop. Just get 99% of everything else.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I've already gotten pretty much everything I want, so now I'm just getting trolled by monument drops.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

LightningSquid posted:

Yeah I wouldn't reroll anyway, I'm pretty satisfied with my setup at the moment, and I got Herc on my first go-around of the prologue so I'm counting my blessings.

You wouldn't want to do this before getting everything you want from the store, since this is burning AP for nothing. It isn't something you can probably do if you are just starting the event right now.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Yeah, you don't want to upset your reliable fox shrine maiden.

Yeah Tamamo is basically a giant psycho, Neutral Evil for a reason. I might not like Nero, since she's just kind of a worse Alexander the Great with tits, but at least she's better than Tamamo.

Randomzx
Jul 26, 2007

LightningSquid posted:

You need to offer all your gold apples, it needs to be better than the one she already have.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
It's better if you do the 30AP Free Quest now and pick up incidental drops along the way while going for Halloween Princess and only try to farm Atlante when there's a couple days left.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/w_i_n_t_e_r_/status/923441810315272192

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.
Anyone knows how the guaranteed 4*+ on a 10-roll works? Like do they ever say what the chances of the guaranteed 4* being a servant vs. a CE is?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

In all likelihood it's that 4* Servants and 5* Servants and CEs remain at the regular rate, with 4* CEs absorbing the 3* rates.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Gologle posted:

Yeah Tamamo is basically a giant psycho, Neutral Evil for a reason. I might not like Nero, since she's just kind of a worse Alexander the Great with tits, but at least she's better than Tamamo.

Nero has the ego of Gilgamesh, but the kindness and consideration of Arturia. Iskander is more like, "I'm gonna conquer the poo poo out of everything," while Nero is more, "PRAISE ME, I LOVE ALL THE BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE IN THE WORLD" sort of gal.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Don't tease me like this, I'd love nothing more than a FGO/SRW crossover event or to see FGO characters added to the next SRW game.

(One of Crowe's skills would be DEBT)

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Gologle posted:

People often forget that Tamamo-no-Mae is completely inhuman, and is a legendary monster.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
How badly am I gonna want the Dragon's Reverse Scales once this event ends? I think I can buy like six of the ten in the shop with all the sweet candles I got. Would I be better served turning them into cupcakes for exp cards or other ascension materials?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

EXP cards and the class ascension materials (pieces, monuments) can be reliably gathered through daily quests. The other mats are far more valuable; even the "common" ones like dragon fangs can be a pain since servants usually want a ton of them.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Crasical posted:

How badly am I gonna want the Dragon's Reverse Scales once this event ends? I think I can buy like six of the ten in the shop with all the sweet candles I got. Would I be better served turning them into cupcakes for exp cards or other ascension materials?

It depends on what servants you have/are leveling, but dragon reverse scales are an absolute bitch to farm and a good bunch of servants tend to want 20 or more of them. If it's at all possible you probably want to get as many scales as you can, because I don't think any of the other ascension materials this time are as hard to farm for

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Schubalts posted:

People often forget that Tamamo-no-Mae is completely inhuman, and is a legendary monster.

In the Fateverse she's actually a fragment of the goddess Amaterasu, broken off in order to interact with humans. Which explains why an otherwise fairly-obscure monster is so drat powerful; Tamamo (Caster) is only a fragment of a fragment, and she's still quite impressive.

She's pretty similar to Medusa.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Asimo posted:

Absurdly low yes.

So getting two today is, uh...

After getting 5 in the Moon Goddess event, and two today, I think I am a heart magnet.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
When it comes to mats in this game, just grab whatever, you're gonna need it all eventually anyways, whether it's for ascensions or skill leveling.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I got a Trick of Treat CE drop.

Um. ... Yay?

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Vengarr posted:

In the Fateverse she's actually a fragment of the goddess Amaterasu, broken off in order to interact with humans. Which explains why an otherwise fairly-obscure monster is so drat powerful; Tamamo (Caster) is only a fragment of a fragment, and she's still quite impressive.

Don't tell her that, she'll crotch kick the hell out of you until you're back in your monogamous ways.

Edit: that was mentioned a lot in the past few pages so ... welp, nothing new.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
gods... exist in fate?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Tired Moritz posted:

gods... exist in fate?

Yeah, but my understanding is that you can't usually summon them straight up, they can nerf themselves a bit if they feel like being summoned for some reason though.

Orion is probably the best example I can think of off the top of my head.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Vengarr posted:

She's still a complete monster. In the Extraverse, it gets deeper. It's a more recently Japanese mythologizing of the story but rather than Tamamo-no-Mae just being a monster, she's a reincarnation/reappearance of another monster, a kitsune that possessed Daji, the favorite consort of the last king of the Shang Dynasty in ancient China (Tamamo Cat's NP is a reference to one of the cruel things that royal couple were said to do) and later appeared in ancient India as well. Tamamo-no-Mae is the first time it was her in-person (rather than possession) and although her most recent life is the one she'll talk about and explain about the most, she doesn't really deny that those ancient demon-fox-ladies are an aspect of her.

The Gods are still inhuman no matter how much they pretend at being human, and some of them are really good at roleplaying humans.

Tired Moritz posted:

gods... exist in fate?

The Abrahamic God probably exists. Probably, in some form.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
When are they gonna add servant fusion, oh wait, Mash

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the_steve posted:

Yeah, but my understanding is that you can't usually summon them straight up, they can nerf themselves a bit if they feel like being summoned for some reason though.

Orion is probably the best example I can think of off the top of my head.
the villain of fate/extra just straight up summoned buddha

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Didn't one of the fate extra characters summon a character from melty blood (?) And she was like a god or something? This is confusing.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Tired Moritz posted:

Didn't one of the fate extra characters summon a character from melty blood (?) And she was like a god or something? This is confusing.

That was Arcuied from Tsukihime. (Melty Blood being a fighting game spin off thing from that)

And she's not a god. She's a True Ancestor. A type of Vampire that's an elemental (basically a fairy) rather then a transformed ex-human. She's basically the most powerful being on Earth, being an extension of the will of Gaia itself, but she has to use the majority of her power to keep the bloodlust her kind were cursed with in check.

She's somehow snagged by the Moon Cell in Fate/Extra but luckily her "Master" is an insane idiot because otherwise she would have easily slaughtered, like, everybody in the Holy Grail War.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

the thing you have to realize about type moon's works, is that somehow, fate grand order is one of the more reasonable and sensible universes

poo poo is weird as gently caress

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

Melty Blood is a fighting game based on Type-Moon's first Visual Novel, Tsukihime. Arcueid is the main heroine of Tsukihime, and a vampire. A guy in Fate/Extra summoned Arcueid as a Berserker and he worshiped her like she was a god because he was crazy, even though that's not an accurate description of her.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
Part of the reason I like Fate is that the basic setting premise of the Holy Grail War is already really interesting and good, and then every single part of the franchise has some additional twist or fuckery layered on top because 7 mages with Hero Gods fighting to the death just isn't cool enough alone. Even the Hero Gods had their rules broken and twisted from the jump.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Arcueid is a funny vamp and also the one I will whale for

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
There's a whole species system in Nasuverse, and full divine gods are generally slotted in the middle tier of the power scale.

Probably a good thing the grail cannot directly summon god or they have to downgrade themselves. A whole city could get nuked just from semi-divine servant already.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Oct 27, 2017

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
What are the gods doing during all the wars

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Tired Moritz posted:

What are the gods doing during all the wars
The age of god ended, so they don't have much control over humanity. Hijacking grail summon i guess.

There are some that manage to break away from the planet and hall of heroes like Buddha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Does Jesus exist in the fate universe