Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Chip Bok posted:

In 1980 Ronald Reagan debated George H W Bush in the New Hampshire primary. The debate was sponsored by the Nashua Telegraph. But the FEC ruled it violated election regulations. So the Reagan Campaign took over sponsorship of the debate.

When the day of the event arrived chairs were only arranged for Reagan, Bush and a moderator. Four other candidates stood awkwardly onstage. Reagan demanded they be included. Editor Jon Breen, the moderator, asked the sound tech to cut off Reagan’s mic. The crowd booed.

The Gipper angrily responded, “I’m paying for this microphone, Mr. Green.” His name was Breen but, whatever. The crowd went nuts.

In 2016 Hillary Clinton paid for a dossier on Donald Trump. Among other things, the document claimed Trump paid Russian prostitutes to pee on a bed where Barack and Michelle Obama had slept in Moscow.

Journalists were aware of the dossier but considered it sketchy, unverified and un-newsworthy. At least most did.

The big questions were: Who paid for the dossier and did its allegations contribute to the appointment of a special prosecutor to investigate Trump for Russian Collusion?

The Washington Post broke the story Tuesday night that the Clinton Campaign and the DNC paid for it. They used the law firm Perkins Coie to hire the opposition research firm Fusion GPS. That way Fusion GPS could claim attorney client privilege when questions were asked. Fusion GPS then subcontracted with British spook Christopher Steele to compile the Dossier.

A Republican donor initially engaged Fusion GPS but dropped out after Trump won the primary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
This reminded me that the balance between the free market and regulations is an actual policy argument that reasonable people can disagree about. Remember those?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
So what do conservatives want to happen with Hillary? I mean, she lost the election, what's worse? They control all branches of government, if they want to LOCK HER UP so bad why isn't there more stuff demanding that the administration do that?

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

I swear this is a repost.

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

So what do conservatives want to happen with Hillary? I mean, she lost the election, what's worse? They control all branches of government, if they want to LOCK HER UP so bad why isn't there more stuff demanding that the administration do that?

They want her to be a scapegoat.

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

They want to keep her in the public's eye so that they can use her as a deflection of criticism.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I guess I'm just wondering where all the cartoons telling the President or Congress to do something about Evil Hillary are. If you genuinely think she's that nefarious, and your people are in power, isn't that a natural reaction??

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Office Pig posted:

Served on a platter of Russophobia is the jingoistic confectionary claimed by the Russian Federation for the delight of, uh, election meddling and cyberattacks.

... Trump?

I thiiiink it's supposed to be something like "Trump's election and allegations of Russian meddling are giving fuel to a new generation of hostility between Russia and the U.S."

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

A deep learning machine averaged all the Ramirez cartoons.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

I guess I'm just wondering where all the cartoons telling the President or Congress to do something about Evil Hillary are. If you genuinely think she's that nefarious, and your people are in power, isn't that a natural reaction??

I don't think you get the GOP mentality. When stuff went down for Weinstein and his sexual harassment case and people brought up that he was a democratic donor, it wasn't because they disapproved of his actions, it was to go "Neener neener, democrats are hypocrites". They just want a way to deflect, they're still going to hug the poo poo out of each other instead of looking for ways to improve matters.

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Ramos posted:

I swear this is a repost.

It totally is. I just have no real easy way to mass search for it in this thread. But there are google links going all the way back to May at least on other sites.

Either way, this is just the same as any other stock market cartoon. DOW UP! Economy (wants to) soar!

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

A deep learning machine averaged all the Ramirez cartoons.

And yet completely forgot to include something labeled 'DEBT'. At least we can sleep easy knowing that true AI is a long way away!

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Regalingualius posted:

I thiiiink it's supposed to be something like "Trump's election and allegations of Russian meddling are giving fuel to a new generation of hostility between Russia and the U.S."

Bizarrely enough there is some kernel of truth to this. Sanctions levied against Russia have been having the effect of exacerbating the hyper-nationalism within the country, reinforcing the belief it's them versus the world. Oddly enough, despite the benefits that would come with a friendly moron in the white house, this is the sort of antagonistic relationship that benefits an autocrat who positions himself as a defender against the West for the sake of more easily looting the country.

Don't expect that last bit from a Kremlin mouthpiece, though.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
I feel like I must have just missed this one but god drat.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Vib Rib posted:

Those are some amazing proportions.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Vib Rib posted:

Wow, Garrison actually put himself on that list.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Why is the pope on his nice list?

Edit:gently caress me that says pepe doesn't it?

Fulchrum fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Oct 27, 2017

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

“Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement.” - Jesus of Nazareth. Or possibly Gandalf the Grey, I always get them confused.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Keiya posted:

“Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement.” - Jesus of Nazareth. Or possibly Gandalf the Grey, I always get them confused.

I'm not willing to spend the time to figure out a good joke about how much Evangelicals love Jesus the white.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Well, he's not wrong about Polanski.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Is there some publishing reason the MAGA hat is blue?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

A majority of college student-consumers, who are paying thousands upon thousands of dollars to study and sometimes even live on college campuses, have decided that they'd rather not have certain political opinions pushed into their faces while they carry out their work, a free market solution. AGC?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Office Pig posted:

Holy poo poo.:lol:

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Samurai Sanders posted:

Is there some publishing reason the MAGA hat is blue?

Weekday newspaper strips aren't typically colored by the author of the comic. They only color their own strips on Sundays. The syndicates have their own colorists who do weekday strips. Sometimes this leads to misunderstandings. I don't know what kind of bubble someone would have to be living in to not know MAGA hats are supposed to be red.

Ah yes, all those nazis on the left who they refuse to criticize, such as

Pakled fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Oct 27, 2017

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

Lodin posted:

It's hypocritical as gently caress. He hates Kurds just as much as everyone else in the Middle-East but because they pretty much don't affect Israel in any way he can pretend to be good and compassionate.
Fucker.

Actually, it's more likely he's being sincere. The Kurds are strangely well liked in Israel, even among right wing assholes like Kirtch'. Apart from the small but significant population of Jewish Kurds living in Israel (around 130 thousand), there's a kind of kinship mythos that's built up in Israel which sees the Kurdish struggle for independence as analogous to their own (it's not). Israel has sent aid and supplies to Iraqi Kurdistan in the past, and various sources, including Israeli ones, claim they occasionally provided them with weapons and training.
I've even seen, more than once, bizarre rightwing comments on news articles regarding Kurdish independence that refer to them as a 'bulwark to the islamic threat', somehow skipping past the fact that most of the Kurds are Sunni.

In cartoon news, Gorrell steps in line:

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

But then where are all your comics on O'Reilly and Ailes :thunk:

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

Starving Wolf posted:

Actually, it's more likely he's being sincere. The Kurds are strangely well liked in Israel, even among right wing assholes like Kirtch'. Apart from the small but significant population of Jewish Kurds living in Israel (around 130 thousand), there's a kind of kinship mythos that's built up in Israel which sees the Kurdish struggle for independence as analogous to their own (it's not). Israel has sent aid and supplies to Iraqi Kurdistan in the past, and various sources, including Israeli ones, claim they occasionally provided them with weapons and training.
I've even seen, more than once, bizarre rightwing comments on news articles regarding Kurdish independence that refer to them as a 'bulwark to the islamic threat', somehow skipping past the fact that most of the Kurds are Sunni.

Huh, interesting!

On the other hand, many exile kurds I've met in my country tends to have a very strong affinity for the palestinian struggle, seeing a kinship there themselves.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Very happy to see this classic title

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Garrison did a Christmas cartoon less than a week prior to Halloween. He truly has no redeeming qualities.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Pants Donkey posted:

Garrison did a Christmas cartoon less than a week prior to Halloween. He truly has no redeeming qualities.

I assumed it was from last year, but Maxine Waters, the NFL and "Rocket Man" are on there.

God dammit Garrison.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Trump releasing the entire Rockford Files collection is a genuinely bipartisan move that is good for America.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Oh hey good song :buddy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9m7tPikH0UA

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Office Pig posted:

That is so goddamn pathetic.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Fathis Munk posted:

That is so goddamn pathetic.

"Daddy loves me! Daddy loves me!"

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Gonna get a bag of Cummies for Christmas! :woop:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Fathis Munk posted:

Gonna get a bag of Comeys for Christmas! :woop:

Adbot