Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Incredible reveal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Hahaha, what the fuuuck

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

oda is good. very good.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Snack Time is sacred, and you'd really think Luffy of all people would know and understand that.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

lmao this manga owns

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
holy poo poo i laughed for like a minute straight

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
also its weird how luffy can hear someone strong. given the doubt of the family around him im guessing that this is voice of all things and not CoO (which seems to be entirely visual).

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

anime was right posted:

also its weird how luffy can hear someone strong. given the doubt of the family around him im guessing that this is voice of all things and not CoO (which seems to be entirely visual).

eh mantra (proto CoO) was amplified by enil's fruit giving him ability to receive like radio waves so it seems to be a very all senses thing

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Oh great. Why'd you have to target your own allies like that, Katakuri?

Now Luffy gets to righteously kick your butt.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
A+ reveal. Just great.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
what the fuuuuuuuck

that was amazing

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Immediately before that page I realized he must keep his mouth covered all the time for a reason.

But I couldn't have predicted.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Oct 27, 2017

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

The lead up was even funnier. Because you just knew something was going on behind there, and it was going to be the beginning of the end of Katakuri.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I’m still torn over whether that was hilarious or creepy as hell.

I mean, that was some straight-up Parasyte poo poo.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
All that talk of how refreshing it was to have a One Piece character who took things seriously.

Oh what fools we were.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

hahah that was great

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
poo poo just got awesome

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
Amazing

I can really never predict what Oda's gonna do and I love it

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Just lol

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Though when he is not eating I would say he just looks scary with his mouth revealed.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

I wonder how he got his mouth ripped off

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Kild posted:

Needed to fit big donuts in

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
That was loving amazing

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

U-DO Burger posted:

But if it's not alive then you can never get the fruit back because it never dies, right?

Just break it, using haki to hit it if necessary.

Huzzah! posted:

New chapter

NEVER interrupt a man's snack time.

Thank you Oda, for finally making Katakuri entertaining. I'll admit, I was honestly resigned that he was just gonna be a cool and boring character and Oda changed it not only in one chapter, but almost one page. That said, I'm curious what his weakness will turn out to be.

U-DO Burger posted:

lmao this manga owns

I think the best part of this to me was that only a few hours ago someone asked "you think Luffy will ever eat the mochi?" and I replied "nah, he's done that joke already" and now he not only ate it as a quick gag and to progress the fight, but made a joke about having to eat it at all.

Kild posted:

I'm betting his Mom is responsible in some way for it, given how she treats Pudding, Lola etc.

oilatsnep
Sep 5, 2011

Oda is a Go.D

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

This is some really good writing (as usual) from Oda. Not only does he subvert the edgy cool badass trope yet again, it plays in to the ongoing theme about dishonesty being the downfall of the Big Mom Pirates - almost every fuckup that's befallen them in this arc has been the result of someone failing to be honest with their comrades or just outright lying. I assume Perospero's undoing is gonna be the fact he lied about the wedding cake to Big Mom.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Oh my loving god :lol: Oda you madman

As soon as the house went up for "snack time" I guessed "Maybe he's a messy eater and doesn't like to be seen?" I didn't expect that.

Also good to get confirmation that the mochi is edible. And Luffy's comment about having to eat his way to victory with these guys. Amazing.

Cat Machine posted:

This is some really good writing (as usual) from Oda. Not only does he subvert the edgy cool badass trope yet again, it plays in to the ongoing theme about dishonesty being the downfall of the Big Mom Pirates - almost every fuckup that's befallen them in this arc has been the result of someone failing to be honest with their comrades or just outright lying. I assume Perospero's undoing is gonna be the fact he lied about the wedding cake to Big Mom.

:agreed:

DizzyBum fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Oct 27, 2017

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Looks like Katakuri has a glass jaw. :grin:

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Looks like Katakuri has a glass jaw. :grin:

And dog teeth. Was Mangastream right all along???

Spidder
Jan 9, 2005

Elfgames posted:

eh mantra (proto CoO) was amplified by enil's fruit giving him ability to receive like radio waves so it seems to be a very all senses thing

Smell too. He knew about the donuts instantly.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Reiche posted:

And dog teeth. Was Mangastream right all along???

:thejoke:

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010

anime was right posted:

holy poo poo i laughed for like a minute straight

I spent like three solid minutes just looking at the details on those pages and soaking it in, laughing my rear end off all the while

such a perfect reveal and he only looks ridiculous on those two pages, even when you see his mouth later it's actually creepy. Brevity is the soul of wit

Thank you Oda on this blessed day

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
I'm pretty sure I look as ridiculous as him when I eat my yummy donuts, Katakuri is my bro.

Piriwi
Feb 20, 2006

Spidder posted:

Smell too. He knew about the donuts instantly.

Maybe the trick Dogtooth uses to sharpen his perception to an insane degree is to stay hungry most of the day. That's why Luffy figured it out so quickly.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Luffy is going to end this arc with the mysterious disease that killed Roger, and it will be diabetes.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Piriwi posted:

Maybe the trick Dogtooth uses to sharpen his perception to an insane degree is to stay hungry most of the day. That's why Luffy figured it out so quickly.

If the revelation is one that tells us how to unlock awakening then it would be cool as heck.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

For some reason I ended up associating Katakuri's lines in that reveal page with the voice of the Turtlez from Tales of Berseria when I got to it.

It was beautiful.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
Katakuri maybe part fish man? Those teeth are awful reminiscent of them. Or even better: he's Moriah's son.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Once he went into his house I totally saw him having some weird mouth and scarfing down food coming but it was executed better than I could have thought.

The lesson of this arc is don't be a cook for the Big Mom pirates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Goddamn that's a good chapter