Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I'm sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tonic
Jan 4, 2003

Play Kenny Stills, they said

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

tonic posted:

Play Kenny Stills, they said

NO
THEY
MOST
CERTAINLY
DID
NOT

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
My opponent:

PLAYED Jay Ajayi.

PLAYED Jarvis Landry.

DROPPED the Ravens' D earlier today.

:getin:

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
I got 11.5 out of Stills. Not bad for a WR3/4.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Yea im not sure what you were expecting out of Stills he did fine for a bye week replacement

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Welp. Playing against the Ravens D makes me not have to worry about the rest of the week.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
he did fine for a low-end WR3 in PPR (aka barely a startable player) because of the five catches, but in standard any crumb bum who gets 10 yards and a touchdown this weekend will outpace him.

People were talking like he was in for double-digits in standard, which was the problem.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

Edit: Nevermind, I have a different thought.

Someone tell me how much Deonte Thompson sucks. I caught wind of a narrative that makes sense to me and could make for cheap PPR points. See Thompson and Tyrod Taylor played together on Baltimore years back when they were both backups there. I am a believer in those kind've guys developing some real chemistry if they play enough with each other. Tyrod was mentioning after the Bills game that he does trust in Thompson, a holdover from those days. Bills are completely lacking any outside WR presences. Andre Holmes is a nobody (like Thompson), and Zay Jones has been absolutely terrible as a rookie. Thompson didn't play a full complement of snaps in his first game but if Tyrod trusts him enough to target him on chunk plays like he did on Sunday, I think there could be something there and his playing time will increase. He was basically a fulltime player with the Bears before getting cut (which I know is not a great sign). Tyrod has nobody he can trust and the best WR (Matthews) plays best inside. Robert Woods was useful whenever he had to step up when Sammy Watkins was injured. Can Thompson do an imitation of that with nobody else really stepping up after Clay's injury? The Bills schedule looks pretty easy rest of season too.

Ok now tell me if I'm crazy. I love searching for these desperation plays and selling myself on them.

Tiptoes fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Oct 27, 2017

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Tiptoes posted:

Someone tell me how much Deonte Thompson sucks. I caught wind of a narrative that makes sense to me and could make for cheap PPR points. See Thompson and Tyrod Taylor played together on Baltimore years back when they were both backups there. I am a believer in those kind've guys developing some real chemistry if they play enough with each other. Tyrod was mentioning after the Bills game that he does trust in Thompson, a holdover from those days. Bills are completely lacking any outside WR presences. Andre Holmes is a nobody (like Thompson), and Zay Jones has been absolutely terrible as a rookie. Thompson didn't play a full complement of snaps in his first game but if Tyrod trusts him enough to target him on chunk plays like he did on Sunday, I think there could be something there and his playing time will increase. He was basically a fulltime player with the Bears before getting cut (which I know is not a great sign). Tyrod has nobody he can trust and the best WR (Matthews) plays best inside. Robert Woods was useful whenever he had to step up when Sammy Watkins was injured. Can Thompson do an imitation of that with nobody else really stepping up after Clay's injury? The Bills schedule looks pretty easy rest of season too.

Ok now tell me if I'm crazy. I love searching for these desperation plays and selling myself on them.

I mean that's not a bad idea but I wouldn't play him anytime in the next couple of weeks and you're highly likely to find a new shiny toy in the interim. According to Silva he ran only 14 routes last week and was in on just 30% of snaps. That's pretty low, especially if you're banking on PPR points.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

Thompson had just signed with the Bills a couple days before last week's game, so I'm chalking up the low snap total to being new. Probably stays a rotational guy until he learns the playbook but if he makes that connection with Tyrod, that ought to be the most important factor for the coaches given who they're currently running out there. There just don't seem to be many great WR fliers out there in deeper leagues right now after missing out on Doctson. If only the Cowboys would start Brice Butler opposite Dez.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I'm not going to discourage you but banking on a junk wr who was just cut from a wr-needy team getting a bunch of catches in a run first offense because he and the qb were scrubs together like half a decade ago seems like a stretch on a stretch to me

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Tiptoes posted:

Someone tell me how much Deonte Thompson sucks.

He wasn't good enough for the Bears

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum
gently caress yeah Alex Collins, woulda had a TD if the ravens weren’t idiots and wasted a one yard line attempt on Allen

I trusted in the ravens/dolphins bs and it paid off! I made a good fantasy decision, wowow!

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
All I needed was a semi-decent game from Ajayi so I could trade him. Glad I got the total opposite.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Alfalfa posted:

All I needed was a semi-decent game from Ajayi so I could trade him. Glad I got the total opposite.

He's got 450 yards on the season. Kareem Hunt gets that in the first half most weeks.

I hate the fact he's on my team in my big money league.

Edit: Holy poo poo Ajayi has zero touchdowns? It's worse than I thought. Last night his first run was 21 yards. Five plays later he's got a net of zero. I want to trade him so bad.

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Oct 27, 2017

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Spermy Smurf posted:

He's got 450 yards on the season. Kareem Hunt gets that in the first half most weeks.

I hate the fact he's on my team in my big money league.

He’s on mine as well. Wish I pulled the trigger on Ajayi & M. Thomas for C. Hyde & D. Baldwin trade back a few weeks ago now. But I balked because it was when Hyde was getting shopped/dinged up and I already had Wilson and Graham.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

My strategy of just picking the highest ranked defense available on free agency netted me 29 points this week. Thanks Ravens D :)

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
This is why I tell my league it's dumb we play IDPs and team defenses. At least I get more for a pick six with an IDP(10pts) than team defenses get(8pts).

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

DariusLikewise posted:

This is why I tell my league it's dumb we play IDPs and team defenses. At least I get more for a pick six with an IDP(10pts) than team defenses get(8pts).

What part of this is supposed to be dumb? You think Mosley should get more than ~half of what the DST as a whole gets? In most cases, he would have, anyway, since a Dolphins team that can score some points would've reduced the Ravens DST score by a good amount without affecting Mosley.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea what is dumb about that? Besides the fact that it didn't work out for you personally?

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

when will Vikings/Browns(London) inactives be published? I'm over my WR limit with Diggs uncertain

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

insulated staircase posted:

when will Vikings/Browns(London) inactives be published? I'm over my WR limit with Diggs uncertain

5 AM pacific

enjoy!

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

Spoeank posted:

5 AM pacific

enjoy!

loving :argh:

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

RVProfootballer posted:

What part of this is supposed to be dumb? You think Mosley should get more than ~half of what the DST as a whole gets? In most cases, he would have, anyway, since a Dolphins team that can score some points would've reduced the Ravens DST score by a good amount without affecting Mosley.

RCarr posted:

Yea what is dumb about that? Besides the fact that it didn't work out for you personally?

It worked out for me marginally, I have Mosley, I just really hate playing IDPs and team defense every week.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Mosley got 23 pts in my league :smug:

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
NFL.com had my Ravens D showing as 35 points last night. Now it shows as 29. I assume they made an error originally and it has now been corrected, but this has somehow managed to make 29 points feel disappointing. Thanks a lot NFL.com! :argh:

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Sweeper posted:

gently caress yeah Alex Collins, woulda had a TD if the ravens weren’t idiots and wasted a one yard line attempt on Allen

I trusted in the ravens/dolphins bs and it paid off! I made a good fantasy decision, wowow!

I'm happy that Alex Collins got up to 21 points in my league but I'll never understand NFL head coaches. They're so loving obsessed with hiding their play that they'll give a guy who was doing poo poo all with the ball the two yard shotgun draw instead of the guy who was reaving the defense all game and actually just got them to the red zone.

Same thing is happening with Brees now. He'll drive the ball all the way down field, get to the 10 yard line, then the Saints will run some weird stupid sweep play that is a guaranteed 10 yard run for a td.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

MacheteZombie posted:

Mosley got 23 pts in my league :smug:

Out of curiosity what's your IDP scoring settings?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Gobias Ind. posted:

NFL.com had my Ravens D showing as 35 points last night. Now it shows as 29. I assume they made an error originally and it has now been corrected, but this has somehow managed to make 29 points feel disappointing. Thanks a lot NFL.com! :argh:

There was an offensive fumble recovery for a TD. I think they mistakenly credited it to the D/ST at first.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

DariusLikewise posted:

Out of curiosity what's your IDP scoring settings?

It's an all IDP league, start 11, 3LB, 3DL, 2CB, 2 S, 1 complete flex, 8 man bench.

Tackle Solo = 1
Tackle Assist = .5
Sack = 4
Interception = 6
Fumble Force = 4
Fumble Recovery = 3
Defensive Touchdown = 7
Safety = 10
Pass Defended = 2
Block Kick = 6
Tackles for Loss = 3
Extra Point Returned = 2

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Who wants to join my "Hunt Down and Murder Ajayi" elite taskforce

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
Between him and Miami's defense I am considering basically punting the week and getting a head start on McFadden and Corey Davis before waivers. :mad:

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Popero posted:

Between him and Miami's defense I am considering basically punting the week and getting a head start on McFadden and Corey Davis before waivers. :mad:

You should definitely grab Davis

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

kiimo posted:

Who wants to join my "Hunt Down and Murder Ajayi" elite taskforce

Me me me

Love having ajayi in my lineup with 4 points and Collins on my bench with 15 points...

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

RisqueBarber posted:

You should definitely grab Davis

Speaking of Davis, is he worth dropping Garcon over? Garcon has scored over 10 points once this season. (0.5 ppr)

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

RCarr posted:

Speaking of Davis, is he worth dropping Garcon over? Garcon has scored over 10 points once this season. (0.5 ppr)

Garcon has scored over 10 three times in 0.5 PPR. Is he really your best drop?

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

MacheteZombie posted:

It's an all IDP league, start 11, 3LB, 3DL, 2CB, 2 S, 1 complete flex, 8 man bench.

Tackle Solo = 1
Tackle Assist = .5
Sack = 4
Interception = 6
Fumble Force = 4
Fumble Recovery = 3
Defensive Touchdown = 7
Safety = 10
Pass Defended = 2
Block Kick = 6
Tackles for Loss = 3
Extra Point Returned = 2

Ah okay that makes a lot of sense, our scoring is this for comparison. I want to add points for TFL next year though.

Tackle Solo 1
Tackle Assist 0.5
Sack 3
Interception 4
Fumble Force 2
Fumble Recovery 2
Defensive Touchdown 6
Safety 3
Pass Defended 1
Block Kick 3
Tackles for Loss 0
Turnover Return Yards 0
Extra Point Returned 2

tonic
Jan 4, 2003

Offered Collins for Ajayi to my opponent as a joke mostly and he accepted. Not sure that was the best choice :bang:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Gobias Ind. posted:

Garcon has scored over 10 three times in 0.5 PPR. Is he really your best drop?

Whoops, got my leagues mixed up. I own him in the 0ppr league.

My roster:

QB: Watson, Ryan
RB: Hunt, Fournette, Howard, CJ Anderson
WR: M. Thomas, Hogan, Landry, Garcon
TE: Kelce, Engram

I'm super against ever holding two QB's or TE's but I grabbed Watson off waivers and someone ITT told me not to drop Ryan yet. I grabbed Engram off waivers as well, and I'm trying to trade him or Kelce after his bye.

Other than Garcon, Matt Ryan would be the best choice to drop for Davis. Thoughts?

• Locked thread