Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Wanna see Deku and Bakugo get into a proper fight with each other. Just a real severe knockdown drag out affair. A fuckin' dire punch-up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

paragon1 posted:

Wanna see Deku and Bakugo get into a proper fight with each other. Just a real severe knockdown drag out affair. A fuckin' dire punch-up.

It's a shonen anime. We will almost certainly have another tournament arc, and this will almost certainly happen.

SpacePig fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Oct 26, 2017

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014

Aurora posted:

the best guy is *flips through rolodex* m-mineta!?

If mineta actually becomes a hero he's gonna be really weird in positions of power over defenseless female crime victims. I personally hope they follow through on high performers in class B replacing low performers in class A - mineta is an obvious choice but I think it would be interesting as well to have likeable but quantifiably underperforming class A people like kaminari or mina get bumped.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
How the hell did Mineta pass the entrance exam in the first place. I can't imagine him actually destroying any robots with his ability, or rescuing anyone.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

CharlestonJew posted:

How the hell did Mineta pass the entrance exam in the first place. I can't imagine him actually destroying any robots with his ability, or rescuing anyone.

It took a lot of balls. :grin:

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.

Nonexistence posted:

If mineta actually becomes a hero he's gonna be really weird in positions of power over defenseless female crime victims. I personally hope they follow through on high performers in class B replacing low performers in class A - mineta is an obvious choice but I think it would be interesting as well to have likeable but quantifiably underperforming class A people like kaminari or mina get bumped.

Mineta is in the top half of the class on test scores and almost single handedly beat a pro hero in his final exam tho. Moreover his character arc is pretty clearly going to be one where he grows past his baser instincts to become a cool hero people can admire.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

CharlestonJew posted:

Apparently that was a common question! I know this is the anime thread but there are no spoilers here:

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

CharlestonJew posted:

Probably just stuck a heavier robot's leg in place while it was moving, causing it to rip itself apart by momentum alone.

fake edit: oh, that makes sense too.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Nonexistence posted:

If mineta actually becomes a hero he's gonna be really weird in positions of power over defenseless female crime victims.

As dumb and gross a character archetype Mineta is It's a million billion times weirder and grosser to write fanfiction/concoct scenarios where he's sexually assaulting battered women tbh.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

mineta's power is really cool and i like it a lot and i want to see him win more fights

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Nonexistence posted:

Whether someone is in class A or class B isn't about performance, the only reason that one dude has such an inferiority complex about it is because class A ends up in the news a lot and Bakugou did some poo poo talking.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

CharlestonJew posted:

His balls are apparently impossible to separate from for an entire day. It's one of those feast or famine powers where it's non-threatening until you're stuck to the ground/yourself and can't do anything. He falls under a 'Controller' type class which is perfect for hero work (Kill less, arrest more.)

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Nonexistence posted:

I personally hope they follow through on high performers in class B replacing low performers in class A - mineta is an obvious choice but I think it would be interesting as well to have likeable but quantifiably underperforming class A people like kaminari or mina get bumped.

Given the focus on a few Class B members during the tournament and even one from Class C, it's a distinct possibility, and one I would love to see.

Better not be Kaminari or Mina, though. Take Major Lazer instead. :argh:

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Navel Laser is the best pun name in the show

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Shinso deserves a place in the class.

lowercase16
Apr 19, 2008

Cyclops actually has two eyes.

sirtommygunn posted:

Whether someone is in class A or class B isn't about performance, the only reason that one dude has such an inferiority complex about it is because class A ends up in the news a lot and Bakugou did some poo poo talking.

Yeah, I think they might be confusing the idea that people from the General Course can be moved to the Hero Course if they prove themselves.

I wonder if someone from the Hero Course needs to drop out for that to happen. It does seem like Classes A and B have full rosters of 20 each. Then again, I didn't even know there was a Class C until forums user symbolic mentioned it above.

edit: Been googling it and apparently classes C-H are different Courses? So A and B are Hero Course, C through whatever are General Course, whatever through whatever is Support Course, etc.

lowercase16 fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Oct 26, 2017

lowercase16
Apr 19, 2008

Cyclops actually has two eyes.

Sorry, for the double post, but there's been something I've been wanting to discuss for a while.

What happened to last year's Class A?

We know Eraserhead expelled the entire class. He plays that off as a lie to motivate the kids, but his subsequent conversation with All Might reveals that it's true. What did they do? Was it not a specific incident, but Eraserhead simply judged them all to not be hero material? Was this an entire class that was sub-Mineta?

I really want to know more about them. This entire class of kids who applied to a prestigious hero school, got accepted, passed the hero course entrance exam and then turned out to be a bunch of rowdy delinquents and shiftless losers? Where's that omake?

And I can't help but wonder what happened to them afterward. Did get totally expelled or just moved to other courses? If they were expelled, did they give up on their dreams or did they go to a different hero school? Did Eraserhead effectively create a bunch of future supervillains?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

What they did was show him that they had no potential or growth from what he says.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

lowercase16 posted:

Sorry, for the double post, but there's been something I've been wanting to discuss for a while.

What happened to last year's Class A?

We know Eraserhead expelled the entire class. He plays that off as a lie to motivate the kids, but his subsequent conversation with All Might reveals that it's true. What did they do? Was it not a specific incident, but Eraserhead simply judged them all to not be hero material? Was this an entire class that was sub-Mineta?

I really want to know more about them. This entire class of kids who applied to a prestigious hero school, got accepted, passed the hero course entrance exam and then turned out to be a bunch of rowdy delinquents and shiftless losers? Where's that omake?

And I can't help but wonder what happened to them afterward. Did get totally expelled or just moved to other courses? If they were expelled, did they give up on their dreams or did they go to a different hero school? Did Eraserhead effectively create a bunch of future supervillains?

They probably just went to another school. Like UA isn't the only show in town, it's just the most prestigious and hardest to get into. They probably fell back into some more lax schools.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Kild posted:

What they did was show him that they had no potential or growth from what he says.
That's a pretty extreme statement for a full class of 20, considering that even Kaminari got through, and his power seems pretty one-and-done.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Makes you wonder what the second years' UA sports festival was like.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
The main question is how did Koji Koda get past the entrance exam. Did they let a herd of animals into the entrance exam stages along with the robots or did he take robots down with bugs?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Ularg posted:

The main question is how did Koji Koda get past the entrance exam. Did they let a herd of animals into the entrance exam stages along with the robots or did he take robots down with bugs?
Bugs and small animals, iirc. Chew through the wiring and such. Plus, he could probably get a bunch of rescue points, knowing his personality.

Edit: Motion to make that our explanation for everyone except Mineta whenever someone asks that question. "How did-" "Rescue points. Derail over."

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
You're no fun. Fine.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Should be noted that Mineta had Midnight utterly beaten. She could not move from that spot. Her hand was stuck to the Whip and the Whip was stuck to the ground. And she can't get the stuff off her.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Still absolute horseshit that Sero failed when Mineta would have been sleeped otherwise.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

EmmyOk posted:

Still absolute horseshit that Sero failed when Mineta would have been sleeped otherwise.
:agreed: :mad:

Guavatin
Mar 30, 2017

I think my tongues trying to kill me
So keen for season 3! I've considered reading the manga instead multiple times, but I really want to stick to the anime. Can we expect it in a season or two?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I just want to say I'm annoyed that MAN WITH A MISSION did "My Hero" for Inuyashiki instead of MHA Season 3.

The Inuyashiki manga is great though

MHA needs some love from a good band for its OP. One OK Rock, MAN WITH A MISSION, Jam Project, something

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Guavatin posted:

So keen for season 3! I've considered reading the manga instead multiple times, but I really want to stick to the anime. Can we expect it in a season or two?

It was announced as soon as S2 finished so I doubt we'll have much of a wait. If it helps, S1 finished on June, 2016 and S2 started on March, 2017 so there was less than a year of wait, it'll likely be the same here.

Fabricated posted:

MHA needs some love from a good band for its OP. One OK Rock, MAN WITH A MISSION, Jam Project, something

I'd love to have MAN WITH A MISSION or JAM Project for S3.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

EmmyOk posted:

Yeah that was lame, especially since Bakugao was also basically carried out and he passed.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Radish posted:

Yeah that was lame, especially since Bakugao was also basically carried out and he passed.

The difference is Bakugo did stuff. And did not also get low grades on the written exam.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

MonsterEnvy posted:

The difference is Bakugo did stuff. And did not also get low grades on the written exam.

They literally both would have failed if Sero hadn't saved Mineta. Yes Mineta did well and overcame is weaknesses but only because Sero saved him in the first place. It's fine if he failed on grades alone but they mention him falling asleep as a contributing reason.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
I wouldn't say Sero didn't help, because him saving Mineta ultimately wins them the round, but I think the idea is that he should have been more effective than he wound up being.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Shere posted:

I wouldn't say Sero didn't help, because him saving Mineta ultimately wins them the round, but I think the idea is that he should have been more effective than he wound up being.

I wonder how well he could have just taped over Midnight's sleep gas sleeveholes.

Or wherever else it ends up emitting from.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

It's all her skin so doing that would have meant just totally capturing her anyway

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

Indeed, but then she'd at least need to take the time to rip holes or whatever else.

I was going to say "I doubt she'd just disrobe" but ya never know with someone who's willingly titled herself "18+ only hero."

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Zomborgon posted:

I was going to say "I doubt she'd just disrobe" but ya never know with someone who's willingly titled herself "18+ only hero."

I'm pretty sure it's stated she used to go around basically naked until the government made he stop, so ya.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

EmmyOk posted:

It's all her skin so doing that would have meant just totally capturing her anyway

Dealing with it piecemeal would've at least bought them time and shown that Sero can think smartly on his feet. It's one thing to heroically push someone out of the way of danger, it's another to do that and also mitigate the danger to yourself in the process. Sero did the first, but didn't have the foresight to do the second.

I don't disagree that he should've gotten some credit for what he did, but he for sure didn't do enough to merit a full passing grade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
People just trying to sabotage Mineta's accomplishments, imo

• Locked thread