Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

System Metternich posted:

KarEndzStUffz., wenn schon :colbert:

:eng101:

:hitler:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Nooooo :negative: *fills out 17 forms to get permission to fall defeated on the ground*

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Kann man überhaupt noch mit Karriereziel StUffz Berufssoldat werden oder geht das bei Neueinstellungen nur noch für Feldwebel und Offiziere?

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Kein Wunder ist die Wehrkraft im Keller

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

Goa Tse-tung posted:

honestly erstimme spd is still the rational way to go unless you're in a hochburg

Nope. Due to the new Wahlgesetz, the rational way to go is now to vote for the candidate you like the most in relation to their party.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Bonfire Lit posted:

Keine Sorge, die Karriereendziel-Stuffze kümmern sich schon darum, dass das alles schön arisch bleibt.

Ich hab 2004-2006 mit Muslimen und Russen gedient, die KES-Brigade hat schon damals total versagt. :v:

(Und eine unserer Frauen war eine winzige, zarte Elfe von der Statur her, mit roten Haaren. Zählen Elfen noch als arisch?)

Libluini fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Oct 26, 2017

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

aphid_licker posted:

Ist der kulturelle Mainstream der Bundeswehr also undeutsch??

Die Bundeswehr ist eine Parlaments- und keine Volksarmee

Multilake
Dec 11, 2016

If you're in a jam, a crayon scrunched under your nose makes a good pretend moustache.
Die Bundeswehr hat kein Problem mit Nationalisten. Hier gibt es nichts zu sehen!

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

https://twitter.com/Hoeckewatch/status/923637931277012995

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

How many layers of irony is this guy on? :psyduck:

It's none, isn't it?

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.

That has to be someone who is trying to hard to get a an internship at Titanic

Dommolus Magnus
Feb 27, 2013

Wengy posted:

Not sure what weirds me out more, the German (and Austrian) fetishization of academic GRADE or the Croatian pajama-sharing extravaganza. In conclusion, Europe is a continent of contrasts.

From everything I've heard the Austrians are far more crazy about this than us. My advisor once told me that he got preferential treatment when buying a washing machine when he was living in Vienna.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Dommolus Magnus posted:

From everything I've heard the Austrians are far more crazy about this than us. My advisor once told me that he got preferential treatment when buying a washing machine when he was living in Vienna.

It was the equivalent of a Lord. Herrdoktor (always spoken as one word) has lost a lot of its luster with all the Taxi driving Dr. phils., but even a good old Ing. (Engineer, and not comparable with the German Ing, you only need to have finished your Matura at a berufsbildende höhere Schule and worked five years) still get you some respect in the more rural areas.
We Austrians really never got the Obrigkeitshörigkeit out of us, and if we can't have our Herr Graf and Frau Freivogt we by god will have our Herr Magister (gently caress your Master), Herr Generaldirektor and Frau Doktor.

Decius fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Oct 27, 2017

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Yo, any of you Deutschgoons getting the new Wolfenstein? I just remembered that it would be subject to the same legal jibberjabber as all previous parts, and thus illegal to sell in Germany. Now, Bethesda is apparently distributing a nerfed version over here, but my Steam account is still 100% American, including payment and all, has anyone heard anything of Steam rolling back naughty versions of games due to dumb German laws?

I recall something along the lines of it not being specifically illegal to own the original Wolfenstein, just to sell it/buy it, so this would be sortakinda technically grauzonenlegal/illegal to get via Steam? I'm confused. Though, to be fair, I don't really have moral objections to laws broken in order to punch Nazis, even if it's virtual ones.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
It's regionlocked, meaning you need a VPN to unlock the Non-German version (and even to play it?) in Germany and Austria, where the whole legislation regarding Swastikas doesn't apply in the first place. They removed the region lock in the first one after some months, so I might get it later on. I don't get why they went so overboard with changing it - removing all Swastikas should be enough. You don't have to remove all references to Nazis (or change fundamental things like the KZ scene in part 1 where they really removed any meaning from it).

And yeah, selling stuff with verfassungsfeindlichen Symbolen is illegal, owning them isn't, but Bethesda made it extremely hard to play such a version, most likely to avoid any potential bad press.

I simply wish some publisher with money behind them had finally the balls for ausjudizieren of the whole "games aren't art, and thus not protected" thing from the Eighties, which was always a very shacky reasoning.

I just want to shoot Nazis, not Fidgetspinner worshippers dressing up kinda like Nazis.

Decius fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Oct 27, 2017

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

iirc, your region is tied to your account, billing address and payment, which is why none of my American friends ever had any problems with regionlocked content. Since my Steam account is basically American, I doubt I'd get the German version, but I'm also not sure if my account would ever "become" German since it's probably not being used in continental US ever again.

Bonfire Lit
Jul 9, 2008

If you're one of the sinners who caused this please unfriend me now.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I recall something along the lines of it not being specifically illegal to own the original Wolfenstein, just to sell it/buy it, so this would be sortakinda technically grauzonenlegal/illegal to get via Steam? I'm confused. Though, to be fair, I don't really have moral objections to laws broken in order to punch Nazis, even if it's virtual ones.
It's not even grauzonenlegal, it's legal period, short of maybe violating some part of Steam's license agreement which I haven't checked. The only people who can get into legal trouble are the ones who distribute Wolfenstein; you can buy, own and play it perfectly legally (maybe don't stream or lets play it though).

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Duzzy Funlop posted:

iirc, your region is tied to your account, billing address and payment, which is why none of my American friends ever had any problems with regionlocked content. Since my Steam account is basically American, I doubt I'd get the German version, but I'm also not sure if my account would ever "become" German since it's probably not being used in continental US ever again.

I migrated my US account over to Germany a few years ago, but before I did, I got the non-censored American version of every game I bought. Think the last one was Left 4 Dead 2?

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
the gently caress

https://twitter.com/sebastiankurz/status/923532348892868608

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

:eyepop:

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Bei den Straftatbeständen, die bei Videospielen einschlägig sein könnten (Gewaltdarstellung, verfassungsfeindliche Symbolik*, Jugendschutz), sind ist der private Besitz weder verboten noch strafbar. Ebenfalls nicht untersagt ist es, dass ein privater Kumpel dir das entsprechende Spiel aus dem Ausland rüberschiebt. Das Problem ist eher, dass das durch die digitale Vertriebspraxis mittlerweile nur noch schwer bzw. gar nicht mehr möglich ist. Das gilt auch, wenn die Videospiele wegen Gewaltdarstellung, verfassungsfeindlicher Symbolik oder Jugendschutz beschlagnahmt worden sind.

* Ob Hakenkreuze in Videospielen wirklich verboten sind, lasse ich hier mal ausgespart.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

lmao what a way to phrase that

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

1/2 more like 14/88 imho

But yeah that's like the worst possible way they could have chosen to deliver that message. Deutsche Sprache, schwere Sprache I guess

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

It seems to be a general case that the laws never quite caught up to things being now data instead of something tangible like a disk. Whether that is games, music or whatever media you can think of that is digital nowadays.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Randler posted:

* Ob Hakenkreuze in Videospielen wirklich verboten sind, lasse ich hier mal ausgespart.

Yeah, I've been wondering, how does that actually work out? To my understanding, you can get an exemption on artistic grounds (which is how I'd imagine stuff like Obersalzberg got through), but games never seem to try that route. Do publishers just not bother because it's cheaper to just put out a patched version instead of going through the relevant channels, or has there been some sort landmark decision where it was decided that games generally don't qualify for this?

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Wie habt ihr eigentlich eure Gewerkschaft ausgesucht? Einfach joah, wenns scheppert bei der Arbeit = IG Metall, Maus klicken = Verdi?

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

aphid_licker posted:

Wie habt ihr eigentlich eure Gewerkschaft ausgesucht? Einfach joah, wenns scheppert bei der Arbeit
Honest labor, in my thread?

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

It's me, I'm Staplerfahrer Klaus

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

aphid_licker posted:

Wie habt ihr eigentlich eure Gewerkschaft ausgesucht? Einfach joah, wenns scheppert bei der Arbeit = IG Metall, Maus klicken = Verdi?

Die Grenzgänger-Gewerkschaft, because the only place I live is on the edge :cool:

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

aphid_licker posted:

Warum willst du dein Geld irgendwelchen Funktionären in den Rachen schmeißen.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

GaussianCopula posted:

Warum willst du dein Geld irgendwelchen Funktionären in den Rachen schmeißen.

What a surprise, GC is anti-union :rolleyes:

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

aphid_licker posted:

GEW, weil, äh, joa.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

System Metternich posted:

What a surprise, GC is anti-union :rolleyes:

Ich bin pro Union, Europäische, Christlich Demokratische, Christlich Soziale ... alles sehr gute Unionen.

Gab natürlich auch schlechte Unionen, wie zum Beispiel die Protestantische Union.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

GaussianCopula posted:

Ich bin pro Union, Europäische, Christlich Demokratische, Christlich Soziale ... alles sehr gute Unionen.

Gab natürlich auch schlechte Unionen, wie zum Beispiel die Protestantische Union.

Wie stehst du zur Union Sozialistischer Sowjetrepubliken?

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

aphid_licker posted:

Wie stehst du zur Union Sozialistischer Sowjetrepubliken?

Tendenziell positiv - man weiß nicht was aus West-Deutschland geworden wäre ohne den Kommunismus als Feindbild.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

GaussianCopula posted:

Tendenziell positiv - man weiß nicht was aus West-Deutschland geworden wäre ohne den Kommunismus als Feindbild.

Hat ja für Weimar auch prima geklappt!

Katalonien unabhängig huiii

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

aphid_licker posted:

Not a Gewerkschaft, more like a guild: Tekom.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

aphid_licker posted:

Katalonien unabhängig huiii

Den Nationalismus in seinem Lauf, den hält nicht Ochs noch Felipe auf!

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Perestroika posted:

Do publishers just not bother because it's cheaper to just put out a patched version instead of going through the relevant channels, or has there been some sort landmark decision where it was decided that games generally don't qualify for this?

It's the former, while they often claim the latter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

Randler posted:

Den Nationalismus in seinem Lauf, den hält nicht Ochs noch Felipe auf!

Also mindestens ein Nationalismus wird da auf jeden Fall aufgehalten.