Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fsif
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/minakimes/status/923875631707848704

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

sharknado slashfic posted:

Hey yall I've been thinking about this for the last hour or so. I've been watching the Ravens since they first came to town in 96, and for the last couple years I've been annoyed that Flacco has been stealing money from my favorite team and wanted them to fire him into the sun. But he was always such a nice unassuming guy who I figured just wanted to go home and eat chicken nuggets and gummi bears (haribo brand of course) with his kids and watching him get his head jacked up tonight bothered me. I want the guy to be able to play with his kids and be cognizant to see them graduate high school and college. I know too much about CTE now to ignore this stuff. I was already irritated by the Kaep blackball and frankly now I'm not sure football is for me anymore. I know, it'll be a tragic loss if I stop posting. Anyways make me a tff meme or whatever. I'm also drunk and reserve the right to deny I ever posted this tomorrow regardless of someone quoting it at me.

A proud AFCN tradition. :911:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

sharknado slashfic posted:

Hey yall I've been thinking about this for the last hour or so. I've been watching the Ravens since they first came to town in 96, and for the last couple years I've been annoyed that Flacco has been stealing money from my favorite team and wanted them to fire him into the sun. But he was always such a nice unassuming guy who I figured just wanted to go home and eat chicken nuggets and gummi bears (haribo brand of course) with his kids and watching him get his head jacked up tonight bothered me. I want the guy to be able to play with his kids and be cognizant to see them graduate high school and college. I know too much about CTE now to ignore this stuff. I was already irritated by the Kaep blackball and frankly now I'm not sure football is for me anymore. I know, it'll be a tragic loss if I stop posting. Anyways make me a tff meme or whatever. I'm also drunk and reserve the right to deny I ever posted this tomorrow regardless of someone quoting it at me.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Wow gently caress Bob McNair

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Eli Wiggum posted:

Wow gently caress Bob McNair

You just convince Rick Smith about the issue and Bob will somehow believe it's all cool.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

That whole piece...

Troy Vincent, you a bitch

quote:

As owners filed into the large conference room featuring a massive, football-shaped table, everyone feared the discussion could get ugly. NFL executive Troy Vincent, who cared deeply about the players' concerns but had little patience for the protests, called San Francisco 49ers GM John Lynch the Saturday before the meeting. He told him that if safety Eric Reid, one of the most ardent protesters, knelt the next day, he shouldn't "bother to show up" at the players-owners meeting because nobody would take him seriously, according to people briefed on the call. Reid knelt anyway. And he intended to show up.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
lol

https://twitter.com/christomasson/status/923911915788574720

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Owned

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

If someone has video of Anthony Barr dropping the Degeneration X cross chop I will go buy an Anthony Barr jersey today.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
You probably should anyway. Dude is legit.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

What a disastrous misquote of the expression "inmates running the asylum". He managed to take a an already wrong-headed sentiment and then add a 10x damage multiplier.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

This was a lovely piece about how Jerry Jones didn't get his way.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
N: Anquan is on the trading block.

V: I would be content trading next year's 1st rounder to bring Boldin back to Baltimore for a half season.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

As a packers fan, if this story is true, Barr owns.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

You probably should anyway. Dude is legit.

I've got Bridgwater, and Allen. I'm trying to get to decide between Harrison Smith, Barr, Cook, and Diggs.

Im leaning towards Diggs.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
The silver lining in the controversy over the kneeling is that cranky old guys are too distracted to complain about all the new celebrations.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Qwijib0 posted:

This was a lovely piece about how Jerry Jones didn't get his way.

Seriously, gently caress Jerry Jones

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

The Puppy Bowl posted:

N: Anquan is on the trading block.

V: I would be content trading next year's 1st rounder to bring Boldin back to Baltimore for a half season.

I'd probably wait to see if Flacco is dead, unless you're just aching for Mallett2Boldin.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
That's a fair point. Anyway, Justin Tucker likes to celebrate.

https://twitter.com/Ravens/status/923725112297381888

I can't get over Mallet's awful handshake.

Nov 6, 2002

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I can't get over Mallet's awful handshake.

He was just moving some product.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Did they show the bowling celebration after the Maclin TD? I was at the game so I saw it, but a bunch of guys did it at like midfield so I don't know if it wound up in the broadcast or not.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

If you watch the clip you can see that Rodgers is joking. He says it on the Conan Clueless Gamer segment they just recorded. He ends the story with "there's no respect in this business anymore" I mean come on.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

https://twitter.com/Seahawks/status/923747904887562240

Seahawks are a fun team

also I'm going to the Hawks/Texans game this Sunday to keep my tradition of attending one seahawks game a year alive. :hawksin:

I feel like the game will either be a blow out for the Hawks or a 17-13 affair with good defense and sloppy poop dick play on offense from seattle. if they come out like they did against Indy they could lose

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Bob McNair sees himself as a slaveowner, huh

Abolish owners and have all teams be city-owned like the Packers

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I did enjoy Romo tripping all over himself searching for ways to compliment Ryan Mallett

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Why does McEvoy's jersey say Macklemore

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

shirts and skins posted:

Why does McEvoy's jersey say Macklemore

he got it at a thrift shop

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
lol nfl.com writers, Sammy Watkins isn't good, better just call that 2nd round pick and starting corner a loss and trade him off for a 4th

quote:

Los Angeles Rams: Sell Sammy Watkins

Edward Lewis: Watkins hasn't been bad for the Rams this season, but he certainly hasn't been worth the second-rounder they gave up for the soon-to-be free agent. He has just 264 yards and two touchdowns thus far, so the Rams wouldn't miss his production. And with a name brand that would command more than he's probably worth at the moment, the Rams could possibly get back a starter somewhere else, or at least future draft compensation.

Potential compensation: 2018 fourth-round pick.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

he got it at a thrift shop
:cripes:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

DariusLikewise posted:

lol nfl.com writers, Sammy Watkins isn't good, better just call that 2nd round pick and starting corner a loss and trade him off for a 4th

They said panthers should trade peppers to ne for a conditional seventh.

Nov 6, 2002

I agree they should both make those trade with NE.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I wish the Chiefs would make a big splash at WR this season, whether its trading something small for Boldin or something huuuge for Landry. Probably not a smart move long-term but I want instant gratification

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I wish the Chiefs would make a big splash at WR this season, whether its trading something small for Boldin or something huuuge for Landry. Probably not a smart move long-term but I want instant gratification
The Chiefs have like literally zero available cap space, dont they?

Any chance they decide to move on from Alex Smith next year simply for the cap relief? How cuttable is Tamba Hali? I am amused that he was talking a lot of poo poo on twitter then ended up on IR this year.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

FizFashizzle posted:

Isn't peppers leading the team in sacks

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

The Chiefs have like literally zero available cap space, dont they?

Any chance they decide to move on from Alex Smith next year simply for the cap relief? How cuttable is Tamba Hali? I am amused that he was talking a lot of poo poo on twitter then ended up on IR this year.

They have like 3-4 mil I think. The Jarvis Landry trade is pure madden fantasy but sending the Bills a mid/late round pick for Boldin would be a fantastic move

No clue about moving on from Alex Smith, I have no idea what's going to happen with the Chiefs QBs this offseason its a weird situation. Tamba Hali can come off IR, hopefully they are saving him for the end of the season or something

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Tamba is gone next year. 7M off the cap immediately. Same for DJ. If they move on from Alex they suddenly have like 34M in cap space after those moves.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

FizFashizzle posted:

The NFL desperately wants the Trade Deadline to be relevant

SHOAH NUFF posted:

They have like 3-4 mil I think. The Jarvis Landry trade is pure madden fantasy but sending the Bills a mid/late round pick for Boldin would be a fantastic move

No clue about moving on from Alex Smith, I have no idea what's going to happen with the Chiefs QBs this offseason its a weird situation. Tamba Hali can come off IR, hopefully they are saving him for the end of the season or something

The Chiefs have 3.6 million of cap space right now and an estimated -990k next year as-is. They have to move on from Alex Smith next season.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

DariusLikewise posted:

The NFL desperately wants the Trade Deadline to be relevant

The Chiefs have 3.6 million of cap space right now and an estimated -990k next year as-is. They have to move on from Alex Smith next season.

cutting tamba and DJ puts them at 14M in space for next year, before the 3.6 carries over.

They don't have to move on from Smith and may elect not to.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

DariusLikewise posted:

nfl trade deadline pieces are 100% awful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I dare KC to move on from Alex Smith after the season he's having

• Locked thread