Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

is floor 6's gimmick just "do a lot of damage" or am I missing something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Evil Fluffy posted:

There's no way in hell that'll be inheritable, right? Not that you'd want to have to stall for 35 turns.

Revo Mystic Knights are inheritable. So probably?

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

Evil Fluffy posted:

There's no way in hell that'll be inheritable, right? Not that you'd want to have to stall for 35 turns.

That LS will be fun in the fights you don't need to deal with preemptives (or have the actives to heal back from them).

99% chance it will be. Hera-Nyx is inheritable and she is a farmable 30% true gravity.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

All the god mask Revos are. Jorm-Ullr is a common inherit for light teams as a heart + light maker that can double as a defense pierce.

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed
I sort of hope Xiang Mei's 2.25/144/0 isn't enough to make her ever worth using by the time we get her.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

is that worth using even now?

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Manatee Cannon posted:

Nah these are are terrible compared to the Diara you would need to make one of them.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea that's what I thought. those are like radra numbers but without the rcv

you yu seems like a really good water sub tho. 3100 atk and doule 7c awakenings

good jovi
Dec 11, 2000

'm pro-dickgirl, and I VOTE!

I want ult XM to be good so bad. I’ve got all these great red row subs sitting around doing nothing

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed

Manatee Cannon posted:

yea that's what I thought. those are like radra numbers but without the rcv

you yu seems like a really good water sub tho. 3100 atk and doule 7c awakenings

Healer team that matches hearts do to damage doesn't need a RCV multiplier, and a row lead with the same multiplier as a rainbow lead will do absurdly more damage.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Manatee Cannon posted:

144x ATK and 2.25x HP is pretty respectable; I get the same bonus with Bleschmali, and she’s my favorite farming leader right now.

The bigger problem with XM is that her sub selection remains terrible.

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体
Gentlemen ults also benefit from being easier to activate on their LSes. XM went from 3 heart matches for 81x, to 2 heart matches for 144x. Even disregarding the ATK boost, she's becoming about 50% less obnoxious to play.

(I still don't miss the days when XM was my only good leader on my NA account)

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Xiang Mei and Xin Hua still have terrible sub selection, and again you're comparing to Diara who is 10x attack and 50% shield for 1 cross and 25x for 2. Effectively a 4/625/4 multiplier max. With Diablos you get 85x pretty consistently with a huge shield and 212.5x or 531.25x with a good board. None of the gentlemen really compare well to that.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Plorkyeran posted:

Healer team that matches hearts do to damage doesn't need a RCV multiplier, and a row lead with the same multiplier as a rainbow lead will do absurdly more damage.

sure. I was just comparing the multipliers. my point was that she's not gonna be something you need to have

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

sure. I was just comparing the multipliers. my point was that she's not gonna be something you need to have

I have her. The problem is that I really don't want to ever feel like I should be using her because she's really loving boring to play.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Just finished up the challenge dungeons. C9 was a pain in the dick, C10 went down in one try. My solution to Cu Chu? Glavenus spike so that Diablos can do the full bar with his guard break :v:

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Pretty glad I haven't bought this red myr yet with Diara coming.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
diara is actually still the strongest leader in the game, even in jp. pretty drat tryhard though, so for anything that you absolutely don't need the 50% shield for you'll go with anubis instead

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Right now the JP ranking places are shuffling their ranks around and don't know if they will have to have a separate "Rii havers" list. Because if you have Rii some leaders just become unreasonably strong.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
Which leaders are best with Rii? I have one but am unsure how to use her. Where are you seeing the information/discussion?

I tried her with Kushii a little but I think the team makeup needs to change a lot due to how many turns it takes for her to be up.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

cryptoclastic posted:

Which leaders are best with Rii? I have one but am unsure how to use her. Where are you seeing the information/discussion?

I tried her with Kushii a little but I think the team makeup needs to change a lot due to how many turns it takes for her to be up.

AFAIK the Rii strats are to bring a 7x6 lead and your actual (combo hungry, high multiplier) lead as a sub with Rii inherit. Stall for Rii inherit to come up, swap your real lead in, crush the dungeon

Superschaf
May 20, 2010

Color cross leads benefit the most from the 7x6 board, so Diara, Rushana, Nise, Kenshin, Paimon, Acala (kind of a worse Rushana) are all very strong options.

Other leads gain a lot as well, but less than cross leads.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

cryptoclastic posted:

Anything that requires a large amount of orbs to hit big multipliers.

And yes, you have to stall for a long, long time. Which is why I am pretty sure the next whale-bait will be a rii-compatible leader with the new skill time reduction awakening,

As for the JP lists, game8 (https://game8.jp/archives/18865) just changed its ranking criteria and you can read the changes in there if you dig around. You'll notice Rushana, Diara and the like pretty high because, well, Rii. Meanwhile, Appmedia has not made many changes (https://appmedia.jp/pazudora/64140) to their criteria so their list is less Rii-centric. There is also gamewith ([url]https://パズドラ.gamewith.jp/article/show/14672[/url]) which groups their rankings by leader style, which includes a Rii-compatible one, alongside a very basic article about how to use her. I think this approach is the best one.

In any case, take those ranking with a huge grain of salt because they focus usually on just a few dungeons and presume you have access to pretty much everything.

There is a reddit guy who aggregates the rankings in here: http://www.bakadata.com/puzzle--dragons/jp-aggregate-leader-list-102517

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

Tarezax posted:

AFAIK the Rii strats are to bring a 7x6 lead and your actual (combo hungry, high multiplier) lead as a sub with Rii inherit. Stall for Rii inherit to come up, swap your real lead in, crush the dungeon

This sounds obnoxious. I get people not liking XM, but whoo boy it sounds better than that

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

Pad radar: what are the golden tickets for?

pankus
Jul 30, 2003
I rolled an hkali which is a extremely disappointing for an 8*.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

ChikoDemono posted:

Pad radar: what are the golden tickets for?

You can fight enemies that use tickets as entry fees
http://padr.gungho.jp/battle/challenge/171025.html

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

pankus posted:

I rolled an hkali which is a extremely disappointing for an 8*.
For some perspective, I think she was the first ever collab mon you could buy in the MP store? I've had one rotting for literally years now. Bad colors and bad Kali active :(

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

dragon enthusiast posted:

You can fight enemies that use tickets as entry fees
http://padr.gungho.jp/battle/challenge/171025.html

As long as you're actually in Japan. I don't think they work across the pond.

Anyways my 3 free halloween rolls got me 1 silver (crap), 1 gold (turbo crap), and H.Blonia (Honia?), which has a decent inheritable skill, I guess. Maybe dark will return to its first love, blue, after the current steamy affair with green?

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

If you know the words, you can join in too
He's bigger! faster! stronger too!
He's the newest member of the Jags O-Line crew!

trucutru posted:

As long as you're actually in Japan. I don't think they work across the pond.

Anyways my 3 free halloween rolls got me 1 silver (crap), 1 gold (turbo crap), and H.Blonia (Honia?), which has a decent inheritable skill, I guess. Maybe dark will return to its first love, blue, after the current steamy affair with green?

How did you get 3 free rolls?

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Gachadra

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Munkaboo posted:

How did you get 3 free rolls?

I play the JP version. (e: I also play the US one, because I started in that one, but lately I have been ignoring it a bit).

They were kinda stingy this time. Only 4 free rolls in a 5-stone REM. Last time it was 5 rolls of a 10-stone one. (I think it was five, since I am counting the monsters I rolled and there are 6 types.).

trucutru fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Oct 27, 2017

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

fuuuuuck, dumb game lagged and didn't accept my input when I told it I didn't want to use a stone and continue but I wasn't paying attention and wasted one :sigh:

at least I finished the dungeon I guess

Joker
Aug 6, 2001
I've been playing for a couple weeks now and I'm rank 73. My god roll was a Fuu, which now that I know a little bit more about the game, I think is fairly lovely. I was pretty excited for a while because I rolled a arbiter of judgment, metatron. Then after I put a bit into her, I realized it was the chibi version that cant be evolved. I'm still using her as my leader currently because her leader skills is still pretty good. I definitely need some friends with resolve build helpers as I can't do poo poo on the evo material dungeons currently. I could also use some friends to help carry my weak rear end team in general. I've got 46 stones right now and I'm just waiting for the next godfest to hopefully get some decent dudes. When a godfest comes around, is it increased rates for all gods, or just a select few?

My friend ID is 330,236,445

Joker fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Oct 28, 2017

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Joker posted:

I've been playing for a couple weeks now and I'm rank 73. My god roll was a Fuu, which now that I know a little bit more about the game, I think is fairly lovely. I was pretty excited for a while because I rolled a arbiter of judgment, metatron. Then after I put a bit into her, I realized it was the chibi version that cant be evolved. I'm still using her as my leader currently because her leader skills is still pretty good. I definitely need some friends with resolve build helpers as I can't do poo poo on the evo material dungeons currently. I could also use some friends to help carry my weak rear end team in general. I've got 46 stones right now and I'm just waiting for the next godfest to hopefully get some decent dudes. When a godfest comes around, is it increased rates for all gods, or just a select few?

My friend ID is 330,236,445

Godfests generally have increased rates for only a select few gods (usually 5 or 10), plus there are several special gods that are only available during Godfests.

We should be getting a Godfest sometime within the next 2-3 days, so definitely hang on to your stones until then.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Resolve is also an outdated strat for evo mats. I'm pretty sure just a hard hitting friend leader that's easy to activate, like Dark Athena, is enough to clear the mid-tier ones you need on their own, regardless of your team and leader. Maybe someone else knows for sure?

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

Friend a Yog.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

DaveWoo posted:

We should be getting a Godfest sometime within the next 2-3 days, so definitely hang on to your stones until then.

they usually put something up for godfests on their facebook and there's nothing there about one right now. plus they're usually on the weekend, aren't they?

but yea holding onto stones for the next godfest (which will probably add a couple gfes) is always the best choice

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

GoodBee posted:

Resolve is also an outdated strat for evo mats. I'm pretty sure just a hard hitting friend leader that's easy to activate, like Dark Athena, is enough to clear the mid-tier ones you need on their own, regardless of your team and leader. Maybe someone else knows for sure?

Match 4 dark with DA and maybe match 3 water orbs will clear the resolve stuff via raw damage. Maybe toss in an extra combo or two if killing a rainbow keeper or it may take 2 turns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RobotRob
Aug 7, 2007

Let's get weird, but not end of BSG weird.

Manatee Cannon posted:

they usually put something up for godfests on their facebook and there's nothing there about one right now. plus they're usually on the weekend, aren't they?

but yea holding onto stones for the next godfest (which will probably add a couple gfes) is always the best choice

They usually do one on a weekend during the middle of the month and then one on the last day of the month/first day of next month. So I would expect there to be one Tuesday/Wednesday next week.