Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goredema
Oct 16, 2013

RUIN EVERYTHING

Fun Shoe
Currently at CitizenCon: "We're going to charge you real money to speculate on real estate in a game that doesn't exist."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer
NONE OF THIS WILL HAPPEN

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I wonder if MOMA of 2 years ago thought that this is where the project would be now.

Lol what a loving idiot.

No, no - you see, nothing in life can be predicted, previous patterns of behavior mean nothing, and extraordinarily obvious and undeniable evidence is all completely meaningless. In reality, everything has the same chances of happening, all things are a gamble, and you need to have disposable income and realize that spending it, no matter what you spend it on, is always an uncertainty and you have to be ready to lose that money.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

SirViver posted:

What an embarrassing shitshow. They're designing and arting their butts off for something that has zero gameplay foundation. Throwing dreams at a wall and looking what doesn't get flushed down the space toilet.

I used to feel bad for the employees but these guys are complicit in the scam. They're selling lies to keep their jobs.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

The camera's trying to run away.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Erenthal posted:

NONE OF THIS WILL HAPPEN

STOP SPREADING FUD

Its all here on the screen

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Maybe we're not just a bunch of frak-ups after all.

hot balls man no homo posted:

omg I can smell the sadness through the screen

I'm sure that smell isn't just sadness.

Double Agent fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Oct 27, 2017

Fangrim
Aug 23, 2017

Every day I hate the world just a tiny bit more...
Technical debt rising eponentially over time.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Goredema posted:

Currently at CitizenCon: "We're going to charge you real money to speculate on real estate in a game that doesn't exist."

Did they actually say they will be selling land or is this just what we know is already coming?

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

i really expect that someone throws something at CR later

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

Grimey Drawer

big nipples big life posted:

Did they actually say they will be selling land or is this just what we know is already coming?

search your heart

this is cig

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Everything they sell you can buy with $$$

Btw, is there even one thing one could earn through other means only?

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

Grimey Drawer
core samples

seismographic surveys

info markets

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
Tony Z is full on ~dreams~

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Goredema posted:

all we need now is to invoke the blockchain and the scamming will hit a peak

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I wonder if anyone at the Con is realizing they’ve been had yet

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

Grimey Drawer
every single thing that's coming out of their mouths right now is creating massive unbearable technical and system debt

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Land not lootboxes.

Gotta think big

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

They're speculating about speculation.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Golli posted:

Land not lootboxes.

Gotta think big

Land made out of lootboxes

Tsar Mikey
Nov 30, 2005

When will then be now?

I need to pick up a commando from planet Microtech and drop him off over the planet HH Gregg and then we'll stop off at the moon of Sheetz to refuel.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Erenthal posted:

every single thing that's coming out of their mouths right now is creating massive unbearable technical and system debt

They piled five years of technical debt onto the game in as many minutes, it's insane

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Taintrunner posted:

I wonder if anyone at the Con is realizing they’ve been had yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8mduTEvnU0

Zakutambah
Jan 17, 2007

#include <Mastodon.h>
#include <Pterodactyl.h>
#include <Triceratops.h>
#include <SaberToothed_Tiger.h>
#include <Tyrannosaurus.h>

void megazordSequence();
College Slice
Did some work, got some lunch, came back... they're speculating space real estate now? What?

Tsar Mikey
Nov 30, 2005

When will then be now?

X-Ultron posted:

I need to pick up a commando from planet Microtech and drop him off over the planet HH Gregg and then we'll stop off at the moon of Sheetz to refuel.

I purposely used a dead company for a planet name because that's how dead this game is.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
They are sitting in really expensive need for speed gaming chairs that cost like 400 dollars/each.

Goredema
Oct 16, 2013

RUIN EVERYTHING

Fun Shoe

SelenicMartian posted:

They're speculating about speculation.

Citizen Con: It's ALL Speculation

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Erenthal posted:

search your heart

this is cig

I mean I know they are going to try it eventually cause idiots will buy it, I just wanted to know if they officially announced it.

The official announcement is worth far more lols than just knowing it's going to happen.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

X-Ultron posted:

I purposed used a dead company for a planet name because that's how dead this game is.

ah ok, i just wanted to ask

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

wait wait wait did they really try to present a picture of Enceladus as their own work?

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I wish all of this really was in a game that existed just so I could see goons drop nukes on mining plots that these idiots paid real money for.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
Basically, Basically, Basically, Basically
Basically, Basically, Basically
Basically, Basically
Basically, Basically, Basically
Basically, Basically, Basically, Basically

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Are bases in the cash shop yet. How much is the SotA crossover castle.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

Fangrim posted:

Holy poo poo!

He's selling this concept as if it's a real physical thing!

"Sit down, watch TV", "Having dinner wioth your friends", etc.

I guess the spergs are now rubbing themselves thinking about actually living in Star Citizen.

That's the key to the dream friend. Real life is hard and lovely. Star Citizen will be the thing that finally makes you happy.

Open your wallet.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Beet Wagon posted:

wait wait wait did they really try to present a picture of Enceladus as their own work?

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

Grimey Drawer
how can anyone in the audience that is not a literal drooling retard listen to this poo poo and not go "gently caress, i've been had"

they could just as well been promising a genetically engineered flying unicorn to each backer in the room, waiting just outside to take them home

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Why the hell not? Bit skint after ordering a new SSD?

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

someone plz post this over at the frontier thread #v23

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

What was the context though, was it something where they were talking about using existing planets as guidelines or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

I mean I know they are going to try it eventually cause idiots will buy it, I just wanted to know if they officially announced it.

The official announcement is worth far more lols than just knowing it's going to happen.

I think I heard him say that you can buy land that comes with some sort of UEE 911 protection.

But if the UEE is busy eating donuts, better be armed.

Or you can just claim land with no UEE protection.