Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

you're trying to trade Kelce?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

kiimo posted:

you're trying to trade Kelce?

Yea? I need to get rid of either him or Engram and I'm starting to think Engram is more valuable ROS.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'd bet no tight end is more valuable than Kelce from now until the end of the season.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

RCarr posted:

Whoops, got my leagues mixed up. I own him in the 0ppr league.

My roster:

QB: Watson, Ryan
RB: Hunt, Fournette, Howard, CJ Anderson
WR: M. Thomas, Hogan, Landry, Garcon
TE: Kelce, Engram

I'm super against ever holding two QB's or TE's but I grabbed Watson off waivers and someone ITT told me not to drop Ryan yet. I grabbed Engram off waivers as well, and I'm trying to trade him or Kelce after his bye.

Other than Garcon, Matt Ryan would be the best choice to drop for Davis. Thoughts?

Hmm yeah you're kinda stuck. I suppose Garcon is the best drop, but I'd try really hard to get a deal done to divest yourself of your extra QB and/or TE this week so you can both keep Garcon and grab Davis.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

kiimo posted:

I'd bet no tight end is more valuable than Kelce from now until the end of the season.

Ertz to hear you say this, my man.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

kiimo posted:

I wouldn't argue against that, but he's a big name and I could probably get more for him in a trade. I don't think Engram is a big step down, and could even outscore Kelce ROS. Obviously I could easily be wrong because fantasy football.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I wouldn't give up Kelce unless it was a helluva deal.

So I just traded away Ty Montgomery and Bennie Fowler for Sammy Watkins. Needed to do a 2 for 1 to leave room for a kicker. It's not an overwhelming trade, but I like some of Watkins' upcoming matchups as a potential WR2 or a flex - especially with the injuries to Diggs and Sanders. Plus I don't have to see Monty's dumb face on my team since he lost his job to Aaron Jones.

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug
Watson has already had his bye and of the five games that he has started, he has put up a low of 17.7 points. To be sure he'll likely come down to earth a bit, especially this week against Seattle, but it seems like you'll likely never play Ryan.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

DariusLikewise posted:

Ah okay that makes a lot of sense, our scoring is this for comparison. I want to add points for TFL next year though.

Tackle Solo 1
Tackle Assist 0.5
Sack 3
Interception 4
Fumble Force 2
Fumble Recovery 2
Defensive Touchdown 6
Safety 3
Pass Defended 1
Block Kick 3
Tackles for Loss 0
Turnover Return Yards 0
Extra Point Returned 2

TFL's should definitely be scored, blowing up a play behind the line should be rewarded.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

opposable thumbs.db posted:

Watson has already had his bye and of the five games that he has started, he has put up a low of 17.7 points. To be sure he'll likely come down to earth a bit, especially this week against Seattle, but it seems like you'll likely never play Ryan.

Yea I think Ryan is definitely droppable, but multiple people here advised me against that. Hell, I'm starting Watson @ Seattle over Ryan this week. I should just drop his rear end.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
We bless your drop decision. Be free.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I cut his rear end. Feels good man.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Whoa now what the gently caress is wrong with Hopkins?

Kill me!

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

kiimo posted:

Whoa now what the gently caress is wrong with Hopkins?

Kill me!

I think he was protesting Bob McNairs comments. I don't think he's injured.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

No I know. But I am screwed. I side with the players but I mean c'mon man my fantasy team is the important thing here.

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

RisqueBarber posted:

I think he was protesting Bob McNairs comments. I don't think he's injured.

Yep. http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21185499/houston-texans-players-considered-walkout-bob-mcnair-comment

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
Ok so this isn't the first time I have seen ESPN gently caress up Defensive scoring and I am wondering if anyone else has the same issue. Look at the Points Allowed by Miami. Any suggestions on what to do?

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
Yeah they did screw up, they didn't credit that blocked field goal!

(Started Miami last night shh)

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

MrSargent posted:

Ok so this isn't the first time I have seen ESPN gently caress up Defensive scoring and I am wondering if anyone else has the same issue. Look at the Points Allowed by Miami. Any suggestions on what to do?

Espn stopped counting points scored by the other teams defense against the defense which wasn’t on the field

This is a good thing

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Sweeper posted:

Espn stopped counting points scored by the other teams defense against the defense which wasn’t on the field

This is a good thing

I believe they gave up 27 ST&OPA, and 1 Blocked field goal. that gave them 3 pts total in my league.

MarquisDeCarabas
Jun 16, 2012
Shouldn’t it be 28 points allowed, though? Two scores were by the D...

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

MarquisDeCarabas posted:

Shouldn’t it be 28 points allowed, though? Two scores were by the D...

The dirty burds went for 2 on of their tds and failed

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

MacheteZombie posted:

I believe they gave up 27 ST&OPA, and 1 Blocked field goal. that gave them 3 pts total in my league.

MrSargent posted:

It should be 27 but I guess the fumble in end zone screwed up the scoring so far. No clue how it came up with 22 though in any form or fashion...

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Alfalfa posted:

It should be 27 but I guess the fumble in end zone screwed up the scoring so far. No clue how it came up with 22 though in any form or fashion...

It should be 28.

It's currently counting 2 TDs, 2 FGs, and 4XPs, which is 22. But there should also be the fumble recovery TD, which is obviously causing some problems.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I'm trying to get ahead of things for my week 9 byepocalypse (Bears RBs, Antonio Brown) while still maintaining my lineup and bench this week, so I've got one spot to play with. I've got Demarcus Robinson in there, who seems good given Smith's production and the other injuries to the Chiefs staff, but is it worth it to pick up TJ Yeldon instead? I've got McCaffrey and Forte rounding out the Bears RBs.

14 team, standard ESPN.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Poque posted:

I'm trying to get ahead of things for my week 9 byepocalypse (Bears RBs, Antonio Brown) while still maintaining my lineup and bench this week, so I've got one spot to play with. I've got Demarcus Robinson in there, who seems good given Smith's production and the other injuries to the Chiefs staff, but is it worth it to pick up TJ Yeldon instead? I've got McCaffrey and Forte rounding out the Bears RBs.

14 team, standard ESPN.

No, TJ Yeldon isn't worth picking up. Fournette will be fine after the bye.

And even if he's not, I still wouldn't trust Yeldon as a bye week fill-in.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Chiefs staff injuries aside (lol) the injuries to the Chiefs are all line-based. Hill is good, Kelce is good, Wilson is good. Washington is talented and if he and Smith could get on the same page you might see a game like the preseason where Robinson scored 3 touchdowns (Mahomes and Washington developed chemistry working with the second unit).

All that said I wouldn't roster him until Robinson scores much less start him. Hunt, Hill, Kelce, Wilson, DeAnthony Thomas and hell Dimitrius Harris all are more likely to score at this point.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Yeah, it's more looking for any sort of stash play at flex in week 9. Pickings are very slim in 14 team. I'm likely to have to roll with Taylor/McCaff/Forte/Baldwin/Agholor/Brate/Jax/Succop and Robinson felt alright against Dallas in week 9 as a desperate play.

I will not win with that lineup though.

(the chiefs staff injuries I was referencing were just to the WR depth chart but you were very right to lol at me)

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Gobias Ind. posted:

No, TJ Yeldon isn't worth picking up. Fournette will be fine after the bye.

And even if he's not, I still wouldn't trust Yeldon as a bye week fill-in.

This so hard. There's a reason Jax spent the fourth overall pick on an RB.

Also, RCarr, trade Engram while he's hot is my advice. But you and I seem to have differing opinions on his ROS, so it's okay.

Spoeank has a particularly good Thursday Night Farceball, this week. Also, we've got advice on Mixon vs Abdullah. Also just (a dab) Abdullah, CJ Anderson, and RB sleepers.

Also, we've got something for later this afternoon that no one has ever done in the fantasy blogging world, before. At least not that I've ever seen. Stay tuned.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
Oh poo poo, I didn't realize that ESPN stopped counting points scored by the opposing Defense. That is awesome! Still a little screwy but not nearly as messed up as I thought.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

MrSargent posted:

Oh poo poo, I didn't realize that ESPN stopped counting points scored by the opposing Defense. That is awesome! Still a little screwy but not nearly as messed up as I thought.

Yeah, they finally gave into the whiners.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

"This week he gets the Chiefs, who allow the 20th-fewest fantasy points to wide receivers per game,"

Come on man, that's just a misleading way of saying the 13th-most, right? I think you guys have a tendency to sometimes list the "Xth most" of some even when it's really a middle-of-the-pack rating that shouldn't stand out as significant.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Leperflesh posted:

"This week he gets the Chiefs, who allow the 20th-fewest fantasy points to wide receivers per game,"

Come on man, that's just a misleading way of saying the 13th-most, right? I think you guys have a tendency to sometimes list the "Xth most" of some even when it's really a middle-of-the-pack rating that shouldn't stand out as significant.

At least he's a running back so it doesn't matter anyways.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Leperflesh posted:

That sentence actually parsed wrong because I flipflopped on how to say it. I fixed it. They're #20 at points allowed which is... low. About bottom third

And that should say running backs GODDAMMIT

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Okay, I'm excited to unveil what I suspect will become a regular feature:

Fantasy Football Puzzles

If you like them, please share. If you want more puzzles by me, check out the Telltale Games title, Puzzle Agent 2, for which I wrote most of the puzzle content.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Wish me luck goons. Someone in my main league just dropped Evan Engram with the idea that by the time he clears waivers, all players will lock.

Unless your me, and you grab Demarcus Robinson who plays on Monday and put in the waiver for him.

Im waiver 12/14 currently, but there might be 1 other person who has someone from DEN / KC that would be worth dropping so its closer to 2/2 for waivers.

Edit: The guy who grabbed Bennie Fowler has a lower waiver then me. So... pretty good chance I grab him.

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!
So in one of my leagues my WR 1 WR 2 are Jordy and Fitz. WTF do I do with these guys, roll with em? We have a 3 man bench so there are lots of options.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

ScottyJSno posted:

So in one of my leagues my WR 1 WR 2 are Jordy and Fitz. WTF do I do with these guys, roll with em? We have a 3 man bench so there are lots of options.

Post your wire and we can probably help

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

OxySnake posted:

Wish me luck goons. Someone in my main league just dropped Evan Engram with the idea that by the time he clears waivers, all players will lock.

Unless your me, and you grab Demarcus Robinson who plays on Monday and put in the waiver for him.

Im waiver 12/14 currently, but there might be 1 other person who has someone from DEN / KC that would be worth dropping so its closer to 2/2 for waivers.

Edit: The guy who grabbed Bennie Fowler has a lower waiver then me. So... pretty good chance I grab him.

Wait your bench players lock?! drat that's harsh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Espn locks bench players.

• Locked thread