Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

This seems fitting – and more cash is good.

Monday 3:34pm

Elvira chats in the park while behind her a building burns. Firefighter of the year.

I have to order her to sort it.

Tuesday 12:51am

We suddenly get $105,000! I have no idea where from, Elvira got a promotion, but should not have gotten a bonus.
I think Cousin Who just died folks.

Raul goes to work for the first time!

Twins! You have your own beds ladies!

12:27pm

Elvira now seems to be all but living at the fire station.

Raul and his friend ignore tables and work outside.

Wednesday 10:10am

Elvira gets an award for putting out that one fire.

Kane works on his art.

What have you two done?

Hmm, if only there was a decorated firefighter around.

Oh well, Julia will just have to do it.

The whole family, and the help, are soon involved.

Then Brusiers's ghost catches fire! Okay, maybe the grass, but it looks like he's gone to the bad place here.

Thursday 3:40pm

Raul visits a friends house. But his friend is not there. How embarrasing.

It's rare to get this many people around the table.

Saturday 8:48am

The long gallery finally gets some use!

4:00pm

The entire family go on a trip to pirate cove! Its rare that they are all off at one time.

Most of the family go for a swim.

Sunday 9:00pm

They are being pretty dull to be honest. But Raul ages up soon. At least they are all healthy! No fat goons living in a basement here!
They are healthy goons living in a bunker, and that makes all the difference.

Monday 6:00pm

Raul, the least famous Enterprise, has a birthday party.

No, that is NOT your hair style.
I sort his wardrobe out.

What should Raul's career be?

With $150,000 in the bank, what should I do?

Invest in more real estate?
A MEGA PROJECT (please state what)
Something else?

Grey Hunter fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Oct 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.
I stand by my previous statement that Raul should become Leader of the Free World, or: "gently caress you, Dad!"

As for the cash, real estate is always a good investment (thank god The Sims doesn't model the economy).

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Show the family tree as the names are starting to get jumbled around in my head.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Real estate, a partner in several businesses, president. We have the potential to create the Anti-Trump here folks.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Keep Raul on the Graveyard Shift. It really is fitting.

Jayme
Jul 16, 2008

General Revil posted:

Show the family tree as the names are starting to get jumbled around in my head.

Seconding this, please - I can't quite remember who Elvira is (is she Kane's sister?), and it's just going to get more confusing the more ghosts/blood relatives we have floating about. Also, since we have a firefighter in the family, I'm assuming you have at least Ambitions - do you have any other add-ons that add careers? (AKA what are the options?) For right now, I agree that Leader of the Free World is a fine choice for Raul - he's already dressed for it, after all! Great LP, by the way - this is making me tempted to re-download Sims 3 and try my own legacy challenge.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Here you go, a bit rough, but it shows the info,

Where this gets interesting is when we need to start the next generation - we want two at least, and a wife means we will be running close to the 8 people max. Once Kane and Elvira die, we will have more options of course.

Only the heir (currently not chosen) has bloodline kids, so kids off the other two will not gain us anything except any cash they bring in.

Grey Hunter fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Oct 24, 2017

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Tuesday is the black sheep of the family right?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Non-heir offspring should be moved to other houses with our windfall once of-age (and thus left to their own devices). The family will aim to own the entire town by generation ten.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

I disagree with the "of age" part - if we move them out we can't count their cash as our points, or ours to spend

Moving them out is okay, but only if we have to. Keep them bringing in the :10bux: as long as possible without negatively affecting the bloodline

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

I have to agree, the house is worth $150k atm, so one point of twenty we need.

I have no idea how I'm going to make this place worth 2 million at this rate. its a bloody mansion already!

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

E: Here's the tl;pdmmr - Build a ludicrously extravagant public toilet and stuff it with riches plundered from foreign lands.

--

You want a valuable house? Art. Art everywhere. Just after you're properly in real estate, but don't leave your home museum to the last second. Buy art, crank out art; the latter method of acquisition always appreciates (and doubly so when the artist dies) as opposed to the fluctuation of bought art, but it does cost time that could be spent doing anything or one else.

I think flamingos count as bought art, but we need to get space efficient before we must get space efficient. Make Krystal paint flamingo crowd still lifes so we can have multiple flamingos on a wall. And then all the walls. And then paint all the paintings on the walls and put that on a wall. Still counts, imo.

Replace the current camouflaged point of bunker ingress with the poshest public toilet you can imagine. Multiple floors, columns, some of that art, a huge fountain or two to assist shy bladders. And Mooloolaba thought they had The Loo With a View - ha!

--

And here's the borderline metagame one that gets wordy and quite, quite involved. Can fully understand if you NOPE out of this because of such.

Travel to places, complete adventures, and take all the relics the family can find and/or buy. Displaying full collections has an extra positive moodlet effect for the room in which they are shown off, and you just keep picking up hundreds or thousands of simoleons' worth of fancy rocks and whatnot.

Here's what determines how long you can stay overseas:

Baseline: 3 days regardless of how many sims are travelling.
Prepared Traveller LTR: +3 days per rewarded sim. (You could even reward Krystal and leave her at the home base if you don't go to Egypt do not take a vampire to Egypt unless and until you buy a house in Egypt; everyone else can use the extra days.)

Extra visa levels unlock notches on the slider that also increase your vacation time and travel cost, but you won't have any of those for your first time.

(Taking that holiday would fully equalise the Heir-Off if the participants can only romance the locals.)

VivaLa Eeveelution fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Oct 24, 2017

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Grey Hunter posted:

I have to agree, the house is worth $150k atm, so one point of twenty we need.

I have no idea how I'm going to make this place worth 2 million at this rate. its a bloody mansion already!

Gold
Plated
Flamingoes

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Would it be cheating if we put arts in the entombments? All the better if there's a mod that lets you buy big piles of treasure and a treasure box that you can just strew around the room.

Fake edit:

http://www.modthesims.info/archive/index.php?t-511762.html

http://modthesims.info/d/383093

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Raul adds a bar to the family's portfolio.

We also become partners in the film lot.

Tuesday picks her lifetime wish.

Tuesday 9:51pm

With his skills, this seems to be a perfect choice for Rual.

The twins continue to be close.

Rual trains his mother.

Wednesday 5:00pm

Julia does her homework in the streets with a friend.

Thurday 2:28pm

Julia takes a nap outside school.

Her skills are a nicely varied.

Her sister, not so much.

Friday 11:25am

Raul works out, but realizes his slob trait means he will be slow to move up the promotion tree.

Rual's unofficial goal is to own half the town, so we get a third partnership.

We then start on his portrait.

Sat 5:20am

Tuesday gets a award. I'm avoiding any that will give any advantage in the race to wed.

Julia has this, and a need to wear more cloths. She has earned 19,000 points.

Raul has two both aimed to combat the slob trait and the inability to work hard. He has earned 21,000 so far.

And there is Julia's lifetime wish – I basically take the first thing that pops up as an extra challenge.

I add in a music studio. Which I'm not happy with and may edit later.

6:34pm

Raul gets a promotion, but is bringing home peanuts.

Krystal finishes his portrait as well. Its worth$1,200.

Sun 1:38am

All three kids want to be partners in a large number of business. As this makes us money I'm going to aim for it. We're in this for the long game, and those incomes will mount up quickly.

Raul is racing up the athletic track.

5:53pm

Kane! Noooo!

He is honouring a deal apparently. As he leave us, we have 10 Points. 3 from generations, 1 from the house, 5 from portraits and 1 from his lifetime achievement points.

This tanks everyone mood, even as the girls age up. Bruiser is possessing the table and chairs by the way. The family now think this is completely normal.

Julia gets cat person. Not a amazing trait., but not one of the bad ones either.

Tuesday on the other hand is trying her hardest to not become our heir.

What rules do you want for heir selection?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
The first to marry and produce an heir becomes the heir to the Enterprise Dynasty.

We're rich now, talent doesn't matter! :wotwot:

Leon Cross
May 10, 2016
Doesn't that just mean whichever one Gray puts the effort into first / puts the most effort into?

I mean, you can -try- to balance your time and efforts without having set rules, but.

Maybe each gets to attempt one date a day (if the person rejects going out with them or doesn't show up, they're out that day) with the order being decided at random?

Similar limitation on only being able to try each action to move the relationship forwards once per day. So if you kiss you can't also ask them to move in, etc. And if you botch the kiss, well, good job romeo, try again tomorrow.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Triple date. Have each find a potential match. Then invite all three over and see who is the first to be succesful. Leave it to ingame autonomy if possible.

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
First-born should always be the heir, unless they're having way too much trouble or someone else falls in love first by chance. I think this will be more difficult and entertaining.

Are there any Sims 3 mods which alter the style of faces so that everyone isn't a podge-person? I think it would be cool if you could see facial features being passed down from generation to generation.

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet
GAVELKIND

Jayme
Jul 16, 2008

Leon Cross posted:

Doesn't that just mean whichever one Gray puts the effort into first / puts the most effort into?

I mean, you can -try- to balance your time and efforts without having set rules, but.

Maybe each gets to attempt one date a day (if the person rejects going out with them or doesn't show up, they're out that day) with the order being decided at random?

Similar limitation on only being able to try each action to move the relationship forwards once per day. So if you kiss you can't also ask them to move in, etc. And if you botch the kiss, well, good job romeo, try again tomorrow.

Randarkman posted:

Triple date. Have each find a potential match. Then invite all three over and see who is the first to be succesful. Leave it to ingame autonomy if possible.

These both sound like good ideas - Leon's sounds like the fairest way, but Randarkman's would probably be the easiest/least time-consuming. Or hell - you have that new park area, just invite the town and don't let anyone leave until one of the three manages to snag a spouse!

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

The one that his/her parents love the most. I don't know how to judge that in this game.

Also, it's super villain as gently caress to allow the daughter to just do whatever she wants to the secret lair.

WampaPartyEX
Jan 13, 2012

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

How would that even work? I'm not splitting the house and losing any points!

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!

Grey Hunter posted:

How would that even work? I'm not splitting the house and losing any points!

Every heir gets one floor of the bunker

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

The firstborn gets the bunker, and property investments are then split amongst the whole family?

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Yeah. I'm not doing anything to reduce the wealth of the hier.

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

Households have a limit of eight (without mods) - we really should punt at least one current resident to make room for the next generation.

In all fairness...it should be Krystal. Make her bite Tuesday - or one of the others in the unlikely event of Tuesday's success - before leaving the household. Tuesday was born for bunker life.

In regards to the court-a-thon, I reckon the best course of action is to hold parties at the bunker and restrict non-autonomous romantic interactions to those gatherings.

Also remember that it's a race to making the next generation. If they Wish to use the Genepool before filling out all that pesky marriage paperwork, do it. (Best. Party. Ever.) The conception chance in hot tubs is suboptimal, so the RNG might just favour Tuesday ahahahaha I'm kidding but also sad because I like her the most.

(And you likely ensure cousins so a few generations later you can fold their descendants back into the main family line, like a proper dynasty.)

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

Leave the family business to whoever the current head of family likes best, or whoever would run the family business the best. Or pick an attribute at random and give it to the Most Whatever like Most Famous or Most Short Tempered, new ones each generation

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

Grey Hunter posted:

Yeah. I'm not doing anything to reduce the wealth of the hier.

What? You don't want all the heirs to get their feudal rights? HERESY!!!

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Date off - 3
1st born - 2
Fathers favorite - 2

Still close.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

How is father's favorite not the best option guys? We already have a future movie star, this is a reality show in the making!

Squats
Nov 4, 2009

Assuming Kane didn't have have of his sprog at 100/100: Father's Favorite.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Father's favorite.

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

Parsing sage, rotating time

Ultimogeniture!

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

What kind of degenerate society would base position off of anything but the order they poped out the womb? Just a God intended. :colbert:

1st Born

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

The Great Mate Off

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

Date off

Skanky Burns
Jan 9, 2009
Father's favorite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Father's Favorite
Claim they've been granted the despot title.

• Locked thread