Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Fuego Fish posted:

I was genuinely surprised they had Banner show up at all, considering "goofy fun-lovin' Hulk 24/7" has been their go-to ever since Avengers Assemble.

Yeah! Like, I actually even thought that man-wolf absorbing the gamma radiation was going to lead into Grey Hulk rather than Banner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

I sort of enjoyed that episode, but strangely I really liked the very next episode with the fake Mr Freeze guy more. It just felt better written than most of the other episodes so far and actually had some humour I could get into.

Is Gwen and Anya becoming spiderpeople a thing that is confirmed? If so really sad to hear that. I like differentiating characters with different instead of similar power sets because it makes for more varied fights and personalities and, well, not making all of Peter's friends be superpowered. Because as we all know, if everyone is Super, no one is.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Is it just me or is the Batman Vs Two Face not that great? The voice acting seems a lot worse than return of the caped crusaders. It was less fun then it too, and they really made Robin a jilted lover. It was a bit weird with him getting all pissy over Bruce's relationship with Harvey.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

A DC animated film bad?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I found Batman vs Two-Face really fun.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
They're streaming a bunch of new Justice League Action shorts right now.

And they're pretty great.

I still can't get over Plastic Man being voiced by Master Shake. :v:

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
That's great casting.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I thought Tom Kenny was THE Plastic Man

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Space Cabby having 2 shorts is kind of surprising. Also great Superman writing.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

wdarkk posted:

Nothing is wrong with more Patton Oswald.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Teen Titans Go had a pretty great gag in this week's episode. They were sending up awards shows and they did a bit about the "In Memorium" section and all the things they showed during it were canceled DC cartoons using actual clips from the shows. Including the original Teen Titans cartoon.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

wdarkk posted:

I got a DC Encyclopedia in the early 2000's, and I've dreamed only of Space Cabby ever since. Didn't Waid squeeze him into his Brave and the Bold book?

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

muscles like this! posted:

Teen Titans Go had a pretty great gag in this week's episode. They were sending up awards shows and they did a bit about the "In Memorium" section and all the things they showed during it were canceled DC cartoons using actual clips from the shows. Including the original Teen Titans cartoon.

Is there a clip up anywhere? I'd love to have it. Or even the episode title so I could find it myself.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It was S4ep38 "The Academy"

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

Oh man, Good Cop Bat Cop is the funniest poo poo. The best short imo. https://youtu.be/ZaK3DZ3v-WM

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Open Marriage Night posted:

I got a DC Encyclopedia in the early 2000's, and I've dreamed only of Space Cabby ever since. Didn't Waid squeeze him into his Brave and the Bold book?

Apparently he's in a fair amount of Justice League Action too. How's that show in general?

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

FAT BATMAN posted:

Oh man, Good Cop Bat Cop is the funniest poo poo. The best short imo. https://youtu.be/ZaK3DZ3v-WM

It's amazing that this short gets right to the core of Batman and Superman for me. I love that Bats decides to humor him for literally no reason.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
....is that Norm MacDonald as deadsnot?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I figured after the black widow/punisher movie they were done with the anime

https://twitter.com/agentfitz777/status/922157131750694912

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Nope, they made a fairly successful pog commercial anime that ran for a year.

I heard of this new anime but i didnt know it already staryed

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Mary Jane's cameo in the most recent Spider-Man episode really got a chuckle out of me. So far this has been way better than Ultimate Spider-Man.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

TheHan posted:

Mary Jane's cameo in the most recent Spider-Man episode really got a chuckle out of me. So far this has been way better than Ultimate Spider-Man.

The lowest bar to clear next to "better than Avengers Assemble"

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

To this day I don't understand why Legion of Superheroes failed to get any kind of meaningful dvd release. To this date it's even hard to find in the form of :filez:

It sucks because I really want to revisit it.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

TheHan posted:

The facial animation was particularly excellent this week, too. This show's great.

Though, oddly enough, next week's episode is actually an episode just before Miles getting powers, and features Screwball.
http://www.disneyabcpress.com/disneyxd/shows/marvels-spider-man/episodes/

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Oct 23, 2017

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

TFRazorsaw posted:

To this day I don't understand why Legion of Superheroes failed to get any kind of meaningful dvd release. To this date it's even hard to find in the form of :filez:

It sucks because I really want to revisit it.

It is on amazon

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Huh. Duly noted.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
https://twitter.com/HamillHimself/status/923676517598601217

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
That is utterly great. Just Mark Hamil talking to himself.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I love how wholeheartedly Mark Hamill embraces this stuff. He's a super charming dude.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

I love how wholeheartedly Mark Hamill embraces this stuff. He's a super charming dude.

Also a talented voice actor!

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Kurui Reiten posted:

Also a talented voice actor!

What's a voice actor?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

AlternateNu posted:

What's a voice actor?

Nothing much, what's a voice actor with you

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
I love Mark Hamill so much

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

HIJK posted:

I love Mark Hamill so much

You need to watch this Q&A he did at Oxford last year. It's amazing the whole way through.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Been catching up on Teen Titans Go and find it hilarious they made Robin a total psychopath.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

The facial animation was particularly excellent this week, too. This show's great.

Though, oddly enough, next week's episode is actually an episode just before Miles getting powers, and features Screwball.
http://www.disneyabcpress.com/disneyxd/shows/marvels-spider-man/episodes/

Y'know, the episode being aired out of order and featuring a rather one-note character made me think it wouldn't be that good, but I really loved this week's episode. I love how this show uses its cast. Hope that Absorbing Man and Hammer Head are cellmates.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
So my comic book peers keep telling me that comic book heroes would kick Goku and other shonen protagonists rear end in a fight. Are there any good animated films that depict how strong these heroes powers are? Such as Superman, Hulk, Thor, etc.?

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

punk rebel ecks posted:

So my comic book peers keep telling me that comic book heroes would kick Goku and other shonen protagonists rear end in a fight. Are there any good animated films that depict how strong these heroes powers are? Such as Superman, Hulk, Thor, etc.?

The most well known comparison videos are probably ScrewAttack's Death Battles on youtube. They use some sketchy numbers and assumptions for a lot of their comparisons, but in the end, it's all fanwankery, anyway.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Y'know, the episode being aired out of order and featuring a rather one-note character made me think it wouldn't be that good, but I really loved this week's episode. I love how this show uses its cast. Hope that Absorbing Man and Hammer Head are cellmates.

I agree, Screwball was really well-used for this universe and Absorbing Man and Hammerhead were great fun together.

I would love for Absorbing Man and Titania to feature down the line as one of those couples you can't help but root for. Some of the stuff involving them in recent comics like Illuminati and Black Bolt has made me rather invested in their happiness. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

punk rebel ecks posted:

Films? Not really. Almost any instance of "maximum power" stuff that you see is going to come from a comic. As mentioned, Death Battle is the closest thing you are going to get at a proper analysis, mostly because there is nothing consistent about comic book character power levels, or most anime power levels to begin with. They did Goku vs. Superman 2 or 3 times and people still complained.

The tricky thing about comic characters is figuring out what counts toward the character and what doesn't, because of constant retcons and the fact that the TV and movie versions are basically alternate versions themselves. It's an issue most anime/manga characters will never have.