Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

shirts and skins posted:

Just posting before any overly excited Packers fans reply to this to remind everyone that their board supported the lockout

I'm just going to go out on a limb here and say whoever the President of the Packers board is, he's probably an old white guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

You speak so well Antwan!

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

DariusLikewise posted:

Considering that the owners are 31 old white guys and 1 old brown guy that all probably donated millions to the Trump campaign I would say so.

Said brown guy did did in fact contribute to ARE PRESDENT's campaign.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Eli Wiggum posted:

Is it seriously that difficult to avoid reading comments on a link?

https://twitter.com/tylerthecreator/status/285670822264307712

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
It took 4 days for the NBA to Lifetime ban Donald Sterling from the league and tell him to sell his team.

Does the NFL do anything here other than release a statement that they "are disappointed" and move on?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Athanatos posted:

It took 4 days for the NBA to Lifetime ban Donald Sterling from the league and tell him to sell his team.

Does the NFL do anything here other than release a statement that they "are disappointed" and move on?

The two situations are not really comparable at all.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

The two situations are not really comparable at all.

In the dog whistle-y sense they are, but that’s harder to get people to condemn.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
I firmly believe that if an NFL owner straight up called one of his players the n word and was caught on tape, nothing of consequence would happen to them.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

DariusLikewise posted:

Considering that the owners are 31 old white guys and 1 old brown guy that all probably donated millions to the Trump campaign I would say so.
Lurie donated to Hillary, and it was like $3,000

He also might be the most liberal owner in the league though

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

DariusLikewise posted:

Jeff Lurie is a solid Dem iirc

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
The new 49ers' free agency pitch is basically going to be, "You won't win any games playing for us, but we can pay well and will treat you like a human being, rather than chattel."

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Dr_Strangelove posted:

Said brown guy did did in fact contribute to ARE PRESDENT's campaign.
Where did he say Shad didn't?

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

the figure of speech defense makes no sense. the only way the whole metaphor works at all, figuratively or literally, is if you view the owners as the players masters in some way. thats the entire concept of the phrase

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

You could make the case it was implying that they're employees. Good luck selling that, though.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Besides the fact that the figure of speech is "inmates running the asylum" not prison. The whole point is you don't let people who are mentally deficient to the point of involuntary committal run things unless you're republican in which case you put them in the whitehouse.

Ironic two republicans with failing mental health have done long term damage to mental health care in the USA.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

shyduck posted:

Lurie donated to Hillary, and it was like $3,000

He also might be the most liberal owner in the league though

I think Paul Allen is sort of lefty. He's the elite liberal stereotype that conservatives think of.

Blarfk
Dec 26, 2003

Dan Rooney was literally part of the Obama Administration

After being a lifelong Republican

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

seiferguy posted:

I think Paul Allen is sort of lefty. He's the elite liberal stereotype that conservatives think of.

Yeah. It's pretty telling that the week after the big Trump protest, the only teams that had players kneeling were the Seahawks and the 49ers.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/924014493130264577

i'm at the point where i'm just shrugging

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

My favorite is when someone in the comments attempts to expand the universe surrounding the scene by providing some back story and character motives.
Wasn't there one where people were exchanging recipes in the comments section and best ways to prepare a certain type of food?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Oh man, THE TAKES. It's Schefter's fault!

https://twitter.com/kolpaz/status/924014955136942080

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Unrelated to any of that unimportant stuff there's Big News! Do you have 325-360k sitting around you don't know what to do with? Well you can buy your very own Tom Brady signature edition Vanquish S.

Motortrend posted:

A deep blue exterior—called Ultramarine Black—complements a Dark Knight leather interior. Each car gets a “TB12” badge on the fender, embossed on the headrests, and as a pull tab in the rear of the car, highlighted in California Poppy. The models also feature steering-wheel mounted paddle shifter tips made of California Poppy leather. Brady’s signature can be found on the sill plates of the 12 vehicles, all of which are convertibles.

Aston Martin posted:

It is a car. It goes places or it can just sit in you garage. It could probably sit outside now and then too. It has Tom Brady's name attached to it and some TB12 poo poo for some reason. Please buy it.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Does it come with a MAGA hat?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Duane Brown ended his holdout literally right before this happened

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

fsif posted:

Oh man, THE TAKES. It's Schefter's fault!

https://twitter.com/kolpaz/status/924014955136942080

The media is most definitely complicit in helping turn this from a story about systemic racism, with a focus on police brutality against people of color, into a story about whether NFL players should be allowed to kneel for the anthem. The bullshit made up controversy has completely obscured the original point of the protest.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
I was drinking and watching the playoffs in a bar over in the UK. Some Giants fan from NY gave me poo poo for wearing an Eagles jersey because "Only the Maras dont support the Republicans and buying nfl shirts of non giants is basically giving money to the Trump campaign." I loled and walked away as he started talking about how his dad writes for the NY Times.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Bob McNair’s an rear end in a top hat and so is anyone who would refer to their employees that way. Add to that the obvious racial undertones and the fact that the protest was originally about police brutality and it’s all just disgusting. Even worse I bet every single owner thinks of the players this way.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Am I a bad person for hoping that Trump weighs in with some incredibly awful tweet? Because I want this to blow up.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Adun posted:

Even worse I bet every single owner thinks of the players this way.

Steve Ross and Jed York (!) seem to be sort of sympathetic to the players. I'd imagine Paul Allen could be too.

That might be the end of the list though.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Adun posted:

Bob McNair’s an rear end in a top hat and so is anyone who would refer to their employees that way. Add to that the obvious racial undertones and the fact that the protest was originally about police brutality and it’s all just disgusting. Even worse I bet every single owner thinks of the players this way.

I will fight you over Paul Allen's honor

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
The Chargers worked out Younghoe Koo today.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Dexo posted:

Does it come with a MAGA hat?

No but it does come with self deflating tyres.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/924051501605163010

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

holy poo poo their d line is nuts

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Wow that Jags DL.....

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
gently caress it, where we're going we don't need a better quarterback than Bortles.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Jags going all in.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

man. he should be on the patriots.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Compare what the Bills got for Dareus to what the Jets got for Sheldon Richardson. McCagnin having a good season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Why are the Bills giving away good players when they're 4-2?

• Locked thread