Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Bob NewSCART posted:

Lol if you don’t think they do this on purpose

Never ascribe to malice what you can ascribe to incompetence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

Emron posted:

Halon's Razor should be the name of an exotic Sword in D2.

Exotic perk: makes a fart noise when you swing it.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Jade Rabbit was so good.

A shame people made a poor purchasing choice.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Vintersorg posted:

Jade Rabbit was so good.

Counterpoint: Sector 618.

ReverendDre
Apr 1, 2006
TheOneAndOnly

xzzy posted:

Counterpoint: Sector 618.

Maybe the worst Destiny map in existence. Jade Rabbit was fun though!

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Vintersorg posted:

Jade Rabbit was so good.

I'm actually enjoying it and it turns out delayed gratification owns because D1 is now interesting for me with new gear droppin.

Both Destiny 1 and Destiny 2 are dead but only Destiny 1 is gay.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

el B posted:

Yuuuuuup

B-b-but I have 420 kills on my nightstalker emblem :ohdear:

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Also I accidentally went over 420 kills on my sunbreaker blaze it emblem AGAIN on pc, god loving drat it lol

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

the good fax machine posted:

Also I accidentally went over 420 kills on my sunbreaker blaze it emblem AGAIN on pc, god loving drat it lol

Just go to 666. Hail Satan.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

My hunter is boasting a stalker's shot emblem with 69 kills.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Get to 69420, there's your endgame grind

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

haveblue posted:

Get to 69420, there's your endgame grind

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Emron posted:

True but then on the other hand, video game publishing companies lmao

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Bob NewSCART posted:

True but then on the other hand, video game publishing companies lmao

Activision doesn’t own Bungie, they don’t get a say in content. They can however set deadlines via really gross contract incentives (say, “ship game by x date or surrender y percent of company”) which can force a developer to hack and slash the game to pieces just to get it out the door

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Legs Benedict posted:

Activision doesn’t own Bungie, they don’t get a say in content. They can however set deadlines via really gross contract incentives (say, “ship game by x date or surrender y percent of company”) which can force a developer to hack and slash the game to pieces just to get it out the door

And these are just the main level contracts. Who the hell knows what are in subcontracts or amendments implemented under the main one that don't get disclosed in quarterly filings, let alone all the soft power a publisher wields under the existing contractual framework.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Norns posted:

It's the players

This is why the new endgame is friendship

Mr. WTF
Jun 12, 2003

I DON'T GET JOKES

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

And these are just the main level contracts. Who the hell knows what are in subcontracts or amendments implemented under the main one that don't get disclosed in quarterly filings, let alone all the soft power a publisher wields under the existing contractual framework.

Actually the whole internet knows. Bungie's destiny 1 contract was leaked. I used to have a copy lying around...was novel and interesting to look at

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
So apparently bloom isn't a thing on hand cannons on PC.

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

I don't think about my hands too much. Just trying to hit the ball in the air. Hit the ball in the air!

texaholic posted:

I have not tested it but I’ve heard this and can confirm, hand cannons crispy af

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

texaholic posted:

Horseshit :mad:

Edit: dunno where this originated

mango sentinel fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Oct 27, 2017

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

texaholic posted:

Their server tick rate is also way higher. I talked to a buddy of mine last night we're both pvp heavy players. Said he's yet to have a ghost bullet with hand cannons and has died round a corner once.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Mr. WTF posted:

Actually the whole internet knows. Bungie's destiny 1 contract was leaked. I used to have a copy lying around...was novel and interesting to look at

Dude you completely missed my point. Yeah the internet knows the leaked contract, but we don't know whether it's still operative in that form, the amendment strings, the accidental and purposefully ambiguous provisions, milestone and deliverable exhibits that get tacked on later, etc. Just trust me here...it's not that simple.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

It's bizarre - because I have a weirdly good memory, I don't forget voices and the stories attached to that person.

But then attaching them to a gametag and a forums name, when they continuously change, is exhausting.

Time to go make some groups in the wonderful Bone UI - Reverse Mahjong!

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

:negative:

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Welfare trials engrams

Watch them put a modifier in that only allows kinetic gun use. No abilities, no jumps, no crouching.

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

PathAsc posted:

Welfare trials engrams

Watch them put a modifier in that only allows kinetic gun use. No abilities, no jumps, no crouching.

That would be rough. Everyone would be hanging back and team shooting with MIDA.

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum

Brine posted:

That would be rough. Everyone would be hanging back and team shooting with MIDA.

No ADS either. CS:GO is the most popular FPS in the world and it doesn't have ADS so clearly MLG Destiny doesn't either.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Brine posted:

sensible_chuckle.gif

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Im kinda annoyed that D2 on PC has both better server tick rates and better weapon tuning that makes the game play a little faster and look a whole lot more fun. No hand cannon bloom has them as actually viable and from watching streamers there's a whole lot less kill trading and deaths around corners.

Why the gently caress is it not in the console version.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

mango sentinel posted:

Horseshit :mad:

Edit: dunno where this originated

Phenomenal.

Miggles
Dec 8, 2003

Just watching Destiny 2 (EDIT PC) feeds on Twich while at work has me screaming at the screen (4 destiny players at work).

No one looks at the radar, resulting in the "where the gently caress did he come from" obligatory comments.

"I don't crit with this gun" while hip firing.

Best one, some dude with 24k followers, pro-gamer. His whole chat is telling him to infuse a blue Auto into his Uriels. However the blue was kinetic, he never moused over the infuse button at all and was just straight arguing that it was a different slot and he couldn't do it.

I mean, the game looks beautiful on PC, smooth as all gently caress and mouse keyboard looks so fun, I am thinking about a Xim, but man how do these unfunny loving dummies get 24k viewers man?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I honestly regret putting the calus shader on any of my guns. it's so gaudy I can't stand it.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

hiddenriverninja posted:

I honestly regret putting the calus shader on any of my guns. it's so gaudy I can't stand it.

Boo this man!

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

hiddenriverninja posted:

Ssssssssssssssssssssssss

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

hiddenriverninja posted:

Umm why do you even play if you don't want to look as gaudy as possible?

Miggles
Dec 8, 2003

hiddenriverninja posted:

Its free to take em off.

Kinda liking the way my warlock is turning out with no shaders at all (made yesterday, finished campaign got welfare legendaries)

Miggles
Dec 8, 2003

Also : http://db.destinytracker.com/d2/en/items/3884999792 makes my warlock look like she sleeps on the subway.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

hiddenriverninja posted:

Mods

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Brine posted:

:yum:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

hiddenriverninja posted:

Which shader? You’re wrong either way, but I’m trying to determine how wrong you are.