Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Noir89
Oct 9, 2012

I made a dumdum :(
I love the new races, i really do. I have had a ton of fun with Morathis delfs and Kroq'gars dinos. But something was missing, and i just figured it out.

It's a little spell named Wind of Death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blinks77
Feb 15, 2012

Stephen9001 posted:

Seriously? That's amazing. Is the "chariot master" trait thing true as well?

It is indeed. In fact.

Beer Hall Putz
Sep 10, 2005

Unpleasent snacking

Mortal Empires. I did it. :dance:

Things we have learned today

- Breaking military alliances is not good in a mode where success is mostly based on diplomacy.
- Kill the Dwarves, or be the Dwarves (who thought letting those fuckers capture everything was a good idea!).

Mortal empires is fun, but gently caress doing that again till old Norsica is removed. :v:

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Robo Turnus posted:

This seems a little buggy! Im at like turn 120 with no chaos invasion, and grimgor ironhide shows up randomly in other factions' waagh stacks. So i get to kill him twice. Otherwise I've been giving people mighty big dwarven paddlings and successfully took back karak eight peaks. Though its special building chain is kind of a disappointment, since I already own all the provinces around so the plus magic damage doesn't really do anything for me.

I somehow fought a stack that had Grimgor, azhag, and wurrzag in it. Not reinforced, they were functioning as heroes or something. V bizarre

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
So Spear+Shield Saurus kinda run roughshod over almost everything Vampire Counts rely on huh :v:

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Oh, another "fun" thing about these lovely Chaos stacks the tunnelvision on you: they KEEP loving SPAWNING until the final Chaos event is done. Meaning every few turns you get MORE of their bullshit charging directly at you, without interacting with any other parts of the game whatsoever, as a gigantic "gently caress YOU FOR EXISTING" thing.

Good luck trying to get stacks to hunt down that one Chaos Warherd stack that's invisible in Norsca that none of the AI will loving kill when you're dealing with loving EIGHTEEN DOOMSTACKS every 10 turns or whatever it is. It's loving stupid. Holy poo poo.

The issue is that they literally do not interact in any way with the rest of the world. AT ALL. No one touches them, they don't look at anyone other than you, they march through everyone's territory with absolute impunity to come attack you, and they KEEP loving SPAWNING until the AI gets its poo poo together and ends the final Chaos event. Holy loving poo poo this is stupid and TEDIOUS AS gently caress.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Gonkish posted:

Oh, another "fun" thing about these lovely Chaos stacks the tunnelvision on you: they KEEP loving SPAWNING until the final Chaos event is done. Meaning every few turns you get MORE of their bullshit charging directly at you, without interacting with any other parts of the game whatsoever, as a gigantic "gently caress YOU FOR EXISTING" thing.

Good luck trying to get stacks to hunt down that one Chaos Warherd stack that's invisible in Norsca that none of the AI will loving kill when you're dealing with loving EIGHTEEN DOOMSTACKS every 10 turns or whatever it is. It's loving stupid. Holy poo poo.

The issue is that they literally do not interact in any way with the rest of the world. AT ALL. No one touches them, they don't look at anyone other than you, they march through everyone's territory with absolute impunity to come attack you, and they KEEP loving SPAWNING until the AI gets its poo poo together and ends the final Chaos event. Holy loving poo poo this is stupid and TEDIOUS AS gently caress.

Yyyyyyep!

Thankfully, there's a mod to delay the Chaos Invasion until turn 998 or something so the campaign is still playable until they fix this.

Mightypeon
Oct 10, 2013

Putin apologist- assume all uncited claims are from Russia Today or directly from FSB.

key phrases: Poor plucky little Russia, Spheres of influence, The West is Worse, they was asking for it.
OK, the chaos thing currently sucks.

And is another reason to preemptively genocide Norsca with a Dino stack because then you can actually find that stupid beastman stack who wanderered off instead of beelining you.

Le sigh.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
jesus what was wrong with the chaos event in TWW1 to make us deserve this?

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

NeurosisHead posted:

jesus what was wrong with the chaos event in TWW1 to make us deserve this?

GW is taking the reigns a bit more strongly this game: "You're gonna get more Archaon AND YOU'RE GONNA LIKE IT."

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Blinks77 posted:

It is indeed. In fact.

That is absolutely incredible. Truly, this is Surtha Ek's Revenge. Or is it the revenge of his girlfriend?

EDIT: You know what would be amazing? If when new Norsca get's patched in, Surtha Ek has a similar custom trait. He already got a custom chariot!

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Stephen9001 fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Oct 28, 2017

Inverted Sphere
Aug 19, 2013
So it's weekend time now and I'm about to grab WH1 while it's on sale to get into this crazy train, as someone who hasn't played a Total War since Shogun 2 (I tried a bit of Rome II but it didn't quite catch me) how is it overall? I'm under the impression this is basically the best Total War game in the series and the introduction of fantasy elements only took an already fun series and made it ten times better.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Inverted Sphere posted:

So it's weekend time now and I'm about to grab WH1 while it's on sale to get into this crazy train, as someone who hasn't played a Total War since Shogun 2 (I tried a bit of Rome II but it didn't quite catch me) how is it overall? I'm under the impression this is basically the best Total War game in the series and the introduction of fantasy elements only took an already fun series and made it ten times better.

Yah. Monsters and magic make it really nice. That and having fantasy things like this two handed sword also works like a shield against missiles owns.

Also varied artillery.

Some of the races are rough starting out, the AI is still not great, but over all it is a good game. The QOL features in the second game are also really good over the first.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
this kinda sucks at the moment so i'm going back to warhams 1 and finish up all the campaigns i literally never touched like the Norsca or Wood Elves.

Hopefuly this becomes good by December!

fargom
Mar 21, 2007
If you're just starting with total war warhammer, i can't recommend the "better camera mod" enough. The default camera is rear end.

Jum-Jum
Oct 23, 2013

Gonkish posted:

Yeah, the whole "chaos invasion spawns three different groups of five or six hellstacks each, all of which are automatically at war with you and only you and ignore literally everything else to come gently caress your poo poo" is annoying as gently caress. Especially when they're packed with late game units and all I can field without going instantly bankrupt are loving bleakswords and poo poo.

The Chaos invasion from the first game was fun because you could basically plan around it. Everyone fought it. This one is just "lolololololololol you're the player so get fuuuuuucked nerd" where it's as if the rest of the loving world doesn't even see this massive pile of Chaos marching through their territory to come gently caress with me. That those stacks are ALSO blind to everything but me is loving terrible, too.

I don't see what was wrong with the first game's approach to the Chaos invasion. Why does the player need three different groups of doomstacks that, as far as the rest of the game is concerned, basically don't exist since no one else interacts with them? It's weird.

I just took a break from my Teclis campaign as they spawned 6 stacks close to the Lustrian coast and I have no armies nearby, because I conquered everything. Maybe the Bretonnians on the east could help? Nope, because I am the only ones on the entire map in war against Chaos. I'm just going to assume that this is going to be patched in soon or someone will have a mod for it, because Chaos is suppose to be a threat to everyone in the world but instead only me. I only finished one Vortex campaign because of those random Chaos spawns now they are forced on me aaaauuuurgh!

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
Regarding the giant Chaos Invasion That Only Hates You, if you have military allies will they opt into war with the invasion if you request them to join you? Or do they go "Nah it's cool"

I know that's not a solution for everyone but since I'm Wood Elves I have LOTS OF FRIENDS and could actually salvage my campaign when this happens through the powers of friendship.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Regarding the giant Chaos Invasion That Only Hates You, if you have military allies will they opt into war with the invasion if you request them to join you? Or do they go "Nah it's cool"

I know that's not a solution for everyone but since I'm Wood Elves I have LOTS OF FRIENDS and could actually salvage my campaign when this happens through the powers of friendship.

Literally only if you give them billions of gold and even then they'll probably just make peace the next turn. It's literally just a "gently caress YOU, PLAYER" thing.

The stacks don't even declare war on you, they're just AT WAR with you (and only you) as soon as they spawn. So your allies don't even get forced into a war with them or anything. They just exist to gently caress you over.

Gonkish fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Oct 28, 2017

Helion
Apr 28, 2008
My fire sorceress just racked up 364 kills. Fire Storm is pretty good you guys.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
So i hear that the Chaos event is bugged now? What exactly happens? Should i just put my current game on hold and wait for a patch? If it's just gonna unimmersively beeline straight from the top right of the map to the bottom left to attack me not attacking the AI i'd rather wait.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Dongattack posted:

So i hear that the Chaos event is bugged now? What exactly happens? Should i just put my current game on hold and wait for a patch? If it's just gonna unimmersively beeline straight from the top right of the map to the bottom left to attack me not attacking the AI i'd rather wait.

It sounds like it spawns a stack (or 2?) for each major power in the game. Instead of splitting off or attacking anything its close to, it starts at way with usually only the player faction and will actively avoid any other faction.Since all the stacks are high end and come only for you, it makes the event either game ending or fun sapping.

You could try playing with http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1181951362 if you don't care about the invasion even happening, it should work so long as its enabled before they spawn

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Dongattack posted:

You know the chaos murder stacks that spawn when you start a ritual in the vortex campaign? It's like those. They ignore everyone but you, everyone else ignores them, and there's a shitload of them (3 factions, each with about 5-6 stacks).

They continue to spawn until the "Age of Peace?" message. Good luck getting that by relying on the AI.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Agents are such lovely game design. Some chaos nobody tribe I've beaten back to one settlement locks down my army for multiple turns in his territory and then swoops in and kills it with a big-rear end tier 1 army he shouldn't even be able to afford anyway once it's whittled down by attrition.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Gonkish posted:

You know the chaos murder stacks that spawn when you start a ritual in the vortex campaign? It's like those. They ignore everyone but you, everyone else ignores them, and there's a shitload of them (3 factions, each with about 5-6 stacks).

They continue to spawn until the "Age of Peace?" message. Good luck getting that by relying on the AI.

Supposedly it uses the same code as the vortex campaign and spawns a stack for every settlement you have involved in the ritual, only because there is no ritual it's one for every settlement you have.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

new phone who dis posted:

Agents are such lovely game design. Some chaos nobody tribe I've beaten back to one settlement locks down my army for multiple turns in his territory and then swoops in and kills it with a big-rear end tier 1 army he shouldn't even be able to afford anyway once it's whittled down by attrition.

I consider passive ai agents to be an essential gameplay mod.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
I'll probably use the mod to disable Chaos for now then. It's gonna be a crappy endgame event compared to Dwarves going rampant and taking over half the map like usual anyway :P

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

Ammanas posted:

*Lights gejnor signal* we need....GREEN IZ BEST

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6LGJ7evrAg&t=81s

They return to you now, at the turn of the tide:

Green Iz Best
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1182817272&tscn=1509158621
This will make your boyz tougher, but is mostly for the player to use rather than the AI

Chaos Rising
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1182817196
Chaos rising brings back most of the foundation patch QOL upgrades such as upkeep and replenishment changes!
Also, the warriors of Chaos are once again fully immune to horde infighting!

More will come, but theese are the most pressing right now.

Also, if you want the greenskins to truly dominate the badlands:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1158924766

Gejnor fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Oct 28, 2017

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Dongattack posted:

I'll probably use the mod to disable Chaos for now then. It's gonna be a crappy endgame event compared to Dwarves going rampant and taking over half the map like usual anyway :P

Dorfpocalypse is the real end game anyway.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
The mod creator of GCCM is gonna have higher quality maps for ME.

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=1170633091

quote:

What is new?
GCCM now supports 'conquer everywhere', because CA kind of forced us to. Not all settlements will have race-specific variants for every race. Races that don't have a race-specific variant of a settlement will get the 'main' custom map for that settlement.

We are reviewing and updating all TWW1 GCCM maps before we include them in the Mortal Empires campaign, because now that we are starting fresh, we will have stricter quality control.

also this

quote:

The future
The long term goal is a custom map for every settlement, as well as custom land battle maps for different regions to increase variety there as well.

We have also managed to add unique maps for when you sally out of a settlement (attack the besieging force), and when for when you use a different army to attack an army that is besieging your settlement (settlement relief). We will start adding these maps once we're done reviewing and updating the old maps.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

It's kinda bizarre to me that public order is a colossal pain in the dick when playing as High Elves, but Skaven? No problem. They never rebel.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I think helfs are the only(?) faction that don’t have a public order commandment for provinces, so that probably factors into it.

Their public order buildings do give income at least, so there’s little reason not to have at least one per province

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

also dont helfs not get public order from settlement level or am i misremembering

Jum-Jum
Oct 23, 2013
Hey, Gejnor... I usually don't poke people for requests but do you think there is anything you can do about the chaos invasion not being at war with everyone but only the player?

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.
HElfs get corruption cleansing from every level of their settlements, but no public order. That being said, their public order building also makes money and is boosted by the entertainment buffing building so you basically just build those everywhere you don't have ports and it sorts itself out.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

SirPhoebos posted:

An idea I had for a "New World Colonies" Vortex campaign would play up the fact that you're a long way from home, and the goal is to either a) build up enough to get the colonies named a full member of the Empire or b) declare independence and defeat a doomstack of Empire armies that included Karl. The Vortex wouldn't be a direct concern, but it's still happening and eventually you would have to side with one of the factions fighting over it (Helves and Lizardmen would be the normal options, but siding with the Delves or Skaven is presented-and picking those locks in the rebellion victory path).
New World Colonies are Estalian Colonies not Imperial Colonies.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

So is the chaos invasion intentionally or unintentionally borked?

I'm hearing conflicting things; either that they hosed up and just used a modified script from The Vortex campaign to generate chaos waves that attack only you a la rituals, which was a mistake, or they declare war on the most expansive factions but just make a beeline for you.

Either way I figured they'd just invade from the north and bjornlings or whoever from the south, intent on end timesing it up rather than punishing you for getting gud.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I think helfs are the only(?) faction that don’t have a public order commandment for provinces, so that probably factors into it.

Their public order buildings do give income at least, so there’s little reason not to have at least one per province

The income is tiny compared to that of the crafting building, so I'm always reluctant to waste precious space on plazas. Need trade goods, need growth, need walls, need troops, sometimes need untainted corruption, drat this settlement has a unique building (or two) got to have that.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Aurubin posted:

So is the chaos invasion intentionally or unintentionally borked?

I'm hearing conflicting things; either that they hosed up and just used a modified script from The Vortex campaign to generate chaos waves that attack only you a la rituals, which was a mistake, or they declare war on the most expansive factions but just make a beeline for you.

Either way I figured they'd just invade from the north and bjornlings or whoever from the south, intent on end timesing it up rather than punishing you for getting gud.

It's a clumsily hacked Vortex invasion.

Needed a few more weeks not months in the oven.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

sassassin posted:

Yeah, according to a few people on Reddit they use what is basically the same script as the Chaos invasion armies from the Vortex campaign. The number of stacks is determined by how many "ritual sites" (in mortal empires read: any and all settlements) you control. So CA seems to have taken a shortcut that essentially ruined the Chaos invasion.

Hopefully they will fix this. Preferably that will be done sooner rather than later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

sassassin posted:

Stop being as rear end about the Weeks not Months thing. It's not funny.

Particularly when they kept their promise and it came out in weeks.