Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

WrenP-Complete posted:

Your question did remind me of this funny article though - A Simple and Convenient Synthesis of Pseudoephedrine From N-Methylamphetamine

http://heterodoxy.cc/meowdocs/pseudo/pseudosynth.pdf

lol

quote:

Other side effects may include violent urges or, similarly, the urge to be successful in business or finance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

WrenP-Complete posted:

From my perspective of timeline: I complimented her avatar and then she was immediately banned for something she said in USPol the other day. But it's looking like a 30 day probation on her avatar. And the 30 day probation came after the ban? I don't know what's going on. :ghost:

Holy poo poo....I just went through TBs rap sheet and read most of the pages where she was probed and what a rollercoaster ride. I can't figure out if popping in and starting fights (she really likes condescending remarks about "small words" in particular) is her gimmick or maybe mental illness. Maybe she'll spend her time away from SA and get the help she needs if she's not already on a campus corner screeching small words through a megaphone calling for the death of all men.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
TB is cool and good and people's opinions of her are a good barometer.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Who What Now posted:

TB is cool and good and people's opinions of her are a good barometer.

Agreed

Lot of goons have really thin skin for being called out when they're being lovely.

cue derail :that_hand_smiley:

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

One time in fhe historical facts thread, TB and someone else were debating whether or not a history thing was accurate, and TB started insulting them. Something about them having a big butt? It was really weird. Other than that she seems nice though, and has a way of making bad people angry, so I’m sad that she is gone for 30 days.

the old ceremony
Aug 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Mammal Sauce posted:

Holy poo poo....I just went through TBs rap sheet and read most of the pages where she was probed and what a rollercoaster ride. I can't figure out if popping in and starting fights (she really likes condescending remarks about "small words" in particular) is her gimmick or maybe mental illness. Maybe she'll spend her time away from SA and get the help she needs if she's not already on a campus corner screeching small words through a megaphone calling for the death of all men.
a white dwarf, also called a degenerate dwarf, is a stellar core remnant composed mostly of electron-degenerate matter. a white dwarf is very dense: its mass is comparable to that of the sun, while its volume is comparable to that of earth

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

the old ceremony posted:

a white dwarf, also called a degenerate dwarf, is a stellar core remnant composed mostly of electron-degenerate matter. a white dwarf is very dense: its mass is comparable to that of the sun, while its volume is comparable to that of earth

Do not dox me

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

the old ceremony posted:

:shrug: i cant even tell what youre trying to say here

anyway i just read a couple pages of the historical fact thread and everyones actually having a good time

also whoa hogge wild is probated for a year. i mean i knew he shitposted some, but a whole year?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Powaqoatse posted:

:shrug: i cant even tell what youre trying to say here

anyway i just read a couple pages of the historical fact thread and everyones actually having a good time

also whoa hogge wild is probated for a year. i mean i knew he shitposted some, but a whole year?

A year? :how:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

355 days or something?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

I think this:

Hogge Wild posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

I just went to bed, dunno how awful app shows titles/durations

e: unrelated I guess

Carthag Tuek has a new favorite as of 06:04 on Oct 28, 2017

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
He pissed me off :dukedoge:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Smythe posted:

Lmao drat son

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Powaqoatse posted:

I think this:

I just went to bed, dunno how awful app shows titles/durations

Huh. Now I'm starting to think I remembered that admins could gently caress with exact probation lengths. We never got anything other than 6hr/12hr/24hr/3day/week/month/10,000hours.

Smythe posted:

:supaburn:

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
while TB's heart is very clearly in the right place, she has a habit of making threads get really really awful for a few pages just because someone on her shitlist posted in them, so for the sake of the readability of the forums I'm sort of glad she's getting an enforced break

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

Smythe posted:

Is that new? Never seen somebody get a year before

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Is the going theory still that TB is a slashie rereg?

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I have no idea (and I barely even know who slashie is, way before my time) but I saw someone eat a ban for bringing that up a while back so... I would assume probably not?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
What difference does it make? At some point as a mod you need to take people as they are, rather than who they might have been, otherwise you're just going to be encouraging decades-long grudge matches than can kill a forum for, you know, everybody else who wants to participate.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

After TB has admitted it a couple times, made references to old slashie grudges more times, and generally acts like slashie does, it is up to you to make that decision.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Tardcore posted:

Is that new? Never seen somebody get a year before

Wasn't there someone that had like 4,000+ days? 12 or 13 years I think.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
If TB is Slashie I get the impression they're trying to clean up their act but still having issues with flying off the handle for good and bad reasons.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Proteus Jones posted:

Wasn't there someone that had like 4,000+ days? 12 or 13 years I think.

It's 100,000 hours. It's funny to think that there are people who got that who could come back and post at this point.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I've never interacted with TB. I do remember having read some of her posts - or, to be more specific, streaks of posts, when she decided to enter a thread with a lawn chair and a bullhorn - and I remember thinking something to the effect of "if I met this person at a party, I would want to be as far as possible from them, even if it meant standing in a broom closet or bathtub."

I have gathered the impression that she build up some goodwill with some posters here, which, fine, okay, not everyone is to everyone's taste, but I also gathered the impression that she went through the garbage cans of middle schools collecting discarded "kick me" signs to fashion a three-piece suit out of for the express purpose of doing a slow and tantalizing dance in front of mods she knew extremely well in advance were inclined to take her up on that offer.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3833800&pagenumber=216&perpage=40#post477338001

I thought the comparison in probation lengths was amusing on this one.

Also that whole thread is a shitshow / honeypot, I think it counts as a saga

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

du -hast posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3833800&pagenumber=216&perpage=40#post477338001

I thought the comparison in probation lengths was amusing on this one.

Also that whole thread is a shitshow / honeypot, I think it counts as a saga

There's a reason USPol was banned from D&D in the first place.

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
How do people come to hold forums grudges

Without avatars I can't tell anyone apart

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Did the poster who said she would eat her placenta and write a trip report post it somewhere?

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Furia posted:

How do people come to hold forums grudges

Without avatars I can't tell anyone apart

We've been posting nemeses for years, you cheap cuttlefish gently caress. Don't act like you don't know.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Pastry of the Year posted:

I've never interacted with TB. I do remember having read some of her posts - or, to be more specific, streaks of posts, when she decided to enter a thread with a lawn chair and a bullhorn - and I remember thinking something to the effect of "if I met this person at a party, I would want to be as far as possible from them, even if it meant standing in a broom closet or bathtub."

I have gathered the impression that she build up some goodwill with some posters here, which, fine, okay, not everyone is to everyone's taste, but I also gathered the impression that she went through the garbage cans of middle schools collecting discarded "kick me" signs to fashion a three-piece suit out of for the express purpose of doing a slow and tantalizing dance in front of mods she knew extremely well in advance were inclined to take her up on that offer.

She posts in a thread about interior design where she acts normal, but every time she steps outside of it, she imemdiately eats a hard ban for harassing somebody.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

steinrokkan posted:

She posts in a thread about interior design where she acts normal, but every time she steps outside of it, she imemdiately eats a hard ban for harassing somebody.

I don't read or post in D&D. Do you personally feel like she harasses people, above and beyond this forum's tradition of ribbing people when they stick their asses out, etc.?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Well, good natured ribbing generally ends well short of telling people to kill themselves.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

steinrokkan posted:

Well, good natured ribbing generally ends well short of telling people to kill themselves.

I agree. If "kill yourself" is your best joke/comeback, you're either (if you're being sincere) a genuinely lovely human being or (if you're not) being incredibly lazy.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
The homophobic title we gave Neurolimal was just a false flag to make us look bad!!!

We would never condone such behaviour and prefer in future he be told to kill himself.

the old ceremony
Aug 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
hey thread, just reminding you that 'tis the season... for puckins

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

the old ceremony posted:

hey thread, just reminding you that 'tis the season... for puckins

sometimes what you think is a weird forums gimmick turns out to be a real and very hosed up individual

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

actually, "sometimes"?

might be always

Phyzzle
Jan 26, 2008

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I have no idea (and I barely even know who slashie is, way before my time) but I saw someone eat a ban for bringing that up a while back so... I would assume probably not?

I mean, she's mentioned that she is numerous times and forgotten. It's so dumb that it's now supposed to be an insult. What's wrong with being slashie anyways? What terrible thing did slashie do? Well, she ... started slapfights by calling people bigoted/misogynist. As opposed to TB. (Who once called me racist for not liking the movie review opinions of a critic named "Armond White" because, obviously, he's black.)

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
But no one likes Armond White's contrarian opinions on movies.

e: I haven't read an Armond White review in years but I remember his basic schtick being "actually (bad movie) is GOOD" so I guess I could see what some goons would appreciate him. The same goes for the posters white-knighting TB

Rough Lobster has a new favorite as of 15:14 on Oct 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Armond White is basically SuperMechaGodzilla of "legitimate" reviews, he called Transformers a masterpiece of satire and digital cinematography.