Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Back Hack posted:

I've had six legendary engrams in a row give me the same knight helment for my hunter. It's driving me insane! Give something else already game.

Jokes on you because you can't buy anything like in D1 so hope you like RNG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Jokes on you because you can't buy anything like in D1 so hope you like RNG.
They did explicitly say that they're looking into reducing the rate of duplicates, but who knows what that actually means. Could mean a negligible change, could mean a significant one.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Is it canon that our Guardian isn't one that did much during D1 (and isn't the one we played)? Your Ghost seems to know absolutely gently caress all.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Steve2911 posted:

Is it canon that our Guardian isn't one that did much during D1 (and isn't the one we played)? Your Ghost seems to know absolutely gently caress all.

Even if you import a D1 character on console versions and the script is changed in subtle ways to reflect that, Ghost is still a dipshit.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Steve2911 posted:

The only change that stuck out with me was my ghost knew what the taken were on my PS4 version but didn't on PC.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
also lot of dialogue is bugged out

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

forkbucket posted:

Would it be cool if I bring a couple chill irl friends into this clan?

Absolutely. Come one come all.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Is there an EU goon clan? I saw one in OP but it says 100/100. Is there a reject clan for rejects?

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Republicans posted:

The only change that stuck out with me was my ghost knew what the taken were on my PS4 version but didn't on PC.
That's wild! I was wondering why my ghost acted like he never saw the Taken before. Not that my character in D1 ever got the DLC and thus never saw the Taken but man, so weird that they'd even put in this effort. I kinda wonder if the PC version even has the alternate voice lines in any files, considering it's impossible to import to the PC because Bungie are lazy loving... <rant begin>

Cronodoculous
Jun 29, 2006

You light up my life

this is my new friend, and me. he's the cat. i'm the robot in a robe. robeot.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Also, when the Crucible says "Level Advantage Removed", what does that mean? I just rolled in with my starter guns and did alright, but everybody was Level 20 and seemed to have some sweet gunz.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Jeza posted:

Also, when the Crucible says "Level Advantage Removed", what does that mean? I just rolled in with my starter guns and did alright, but everybody was Level 20 and seemed to have some sweet gunz.

Their guns don't do more damage than yours but they have neat effects yours don't

forkbucket
Mar 9, 2008

Magnets are my only weakness.

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

That's awesome! I joined the clan (username Neon), who do i bug to invite my friends?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
I was real worried about this game being just more Destiny 1 but my friends got it so I caved since co-op with buddies is always good.

But hey what do you know, there's actually a ton of quality of life improvements in D2. All stuff that should have been in D1, but hey, better late than never.

Still a few things I would really like them to add but its a much better start than Vanilla D1's mess.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Steve2911 posted:

This was super loving jarring for me. "Its the Taken! They're these guys who..." Yeah no poo poo, we fought Crota and Oryx and all that poo poo, I killed their leader. I know who the gently caress they are!

Republicans posted:

Harumph.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

is there a built in screenshot key for this game or do you need to use a third party option?

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
So I just got a Call To Serve, and it's a fancy-schmancy looking M1 Garand with 18 rounds. :woop:

It's also the first scout rifle I have tried, so I would probably have said this about any scout.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Donnerberg posted:

So I just got a Call To Serve, and it's a fancy-schmancy looking M1 Garand with 18 rounds. :woop:

It's also the first scout rifle I have tried, so I would probably have said this about any scout.

Keep an eye for nameless midnight. Zavala will offer it to you as a quest reward for doing the strike series. It's also in his loot pool for ranking up with strike tokens.

It's by far the best pve scout.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Cowcaster posted:

is there a built in screenshot key for this game or do you need to use a third party option?

3rd party is your only option and it has to be something whitelisted by Bungie like Nvidia's Shadowplay.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
Any good Titan subclass guides about how to best use them? Just got the hammer bros and I'm a bit lost as to which of the three I prefer, so tips on how to best use them may help me find my niche; all I seem to find are descriptions of the abilities or stuff from the beta.

Otherwise really enjoying the game so far; especially now that I have a landspeeder.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Mo_Steel posted:

Any good Titan subclass guides about how to best use them? Just got the hammer bros and I'm a bit lost as to which of the three I prefer, so tips on how to best use them may help me find my niche; all I seem to find are descriptions of the abilities or stuff from the beta.

Otherwise really enjoying the game so far; especially now that I have a landspeeder.

Sunbreaker is ridiculously bad right now. By far it's most redeeming trait is an exotic chest item that speeds up grenade recharge.. and that's not saying much.

Sentinel is decent, the shield throw is pretty fun. Though I really haven't played it much because:

Striker is where it's at. Both trees are a heap of fun the top one gives shoulder charge which will murderize everything around you. It also gives you double grenades, and pulse grenade just so happens to be the best grenade in the game. The bottom tree gives you a perk that restores health every time you kill something so you can rush into a group and punch the poo poo out of all of them.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

really good video guide on the rat king exotic quests https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXQwx1EolD8

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Uh oh. What did he do now?

Nap Ghost
I'm sure this comes up a bunch but I don't want to go diving through the thread:

What were the Hunter abilities I'm not supposed to get? And are there any for either of the other classes?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

ImpactVector posted:

I'm sure this comes up a bunch but I don't want to go diving through the thread:

What were the Hunter abilities I'm not supposed to get? And are there any for either of the other classes?

In the top gunslinger tree, don't pick the one that gives you rapid fire.

In one of the shadowstalker trees, don't pick the one that gives you rapid fire.

There's no "must skips" for the other classes that I know of.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

xzzy posted:

Sunbreaker is ridiculously bad right now. By far it's most redeeming trait is an exotic chest item that speeds up grenade recharge.. and that's not saying much.

Sentinel is decent, the shield throw is pretty fun. Though I really haven't played it much because:

Striker is where it's at. Both trees are a heap of fun the top one gives shoulder charge which will murderize everything around you. It also gives you double grenades, and pulse grenade just so happens to be the best grenade in the game. The bottom tree gives you a perk that restores health every time you kill something so you can rush into a group and punch the poo poo out of all of them.

The striker tree looked interesting in the intro, but murphys law loving hates me and of course when I use my punch time ultimate to just get the one meatwall in the tutorial over with quicker, the fucker decides to spend most of my super flying in the air with his jetpack :v: poo poo like this is why I picked Hunter first and threw Arcstrider into my desk drawer ASAP, even though the non super related traits in the other classes looks way more practical at a glance.

If you want to show off how badass and cool the power of the light is, stop making enemies worth blowing a super on spam knockback shockwaves when I get close, fly in the air, have mile high weakpoints when not flying, etc, yeesh. Though not even magical guns and arrows can get around "Surprise! We popped invulnerability"

Section Z fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Oct 28, 2017

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Section Z posted:

The striker tree looked interesting in the intro, but murphys law loving hates me and of course when I use my punch time ultimate to just get the one meatwall in the tutorial over with quicker, the fucker decides to spend most of my super flying in the air with his jetpack :v: poo poo like this is why I picked Hunter first and threw Arcstrider into my desk drawer ASAP, even though the non super related traits in the other classes looks way more practical at a glance.

Yeah, you kinda gotta know your enemy. But in general you want to be using supers on red bar wusses. You see a big pack of stuff ahead of you mash those buttons and obliterate them all.

There are some bosses you can ground pound just fine, but not many.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

xzzy posted:

In the top gunslinger tree, don't pick the one that gives you rapid fire.

In one of the shadowstalker trees, don't pick the one that gives you rapid fire.

There's no "must skips" for the other classes that I know of.

man the arrow spam rules though

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Yay, just soloed the whole game at level 18. In a pleasant turn of events, the 30 minute long last boss fight ended with us both killing each other on the very last hit... but it still counted it as a win and rolled the credits, so that's nice. I was expecting "gently caress you, back to the check point".

Edit: Whoever said beating it automatically levels you to 20, that's not the case cause I'm still 18.

Edit 2: I specifically remember the Eververse saying you can't buy silver until level 20 but it unlocked it anyway, I guess beating the game at 18 broke stuff.

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Oct 28, 2017

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

juggalo baby coffin posted:

really good video guide on the rat king exotic quests https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXQwx1EolD8

Oh my god 3d movie maker holy poo poo

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

It was weird when one of the dialogues went "You took down Oryx the Taken King so this group should be nothing for you."

No I didn't...

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Elysiume posted:

They did explicitly say that they're looking into reducing the rate of duplicates, but who knows what that actually means. Could mean a negligible change, could mean a significant one.

0.04%

juggalo baby coffin posted:

man the arrow spam rules though

Yeah people keep saying not to unlock it, but don't forget arrow damage increases with successive hits. It's a pve class so whatever

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

SGA you are a radiant soul

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
The only things I dislike about this game so far are the war dogs (i always hate dog mobs tbh), the phalanxes, and the cooldowns. The cooldowns should be three times as short imo, nerf the damage I don't care, but right now those abilities might as well be one use only

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

please knock Mom! posted:

The only things I dislike about this game so far are the war dogs (i always hate dog mobs tbh), the phalanxes, and the cooldowns. The cooldowns should be three times as short imo, nerf the damage I don't care, but right now those abilities might as well be one use only

Get like a sunshot or some equivalent and all you have to do is shoot one dog and blam they're all gone.

Cooldowns on like abilities? Did you play D1? You know like... gear changes poo poo right?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Zero VGS posted:

Yay, just soloed the whole game at level 18. In a pleasant turn of events, the 30 minute long last boss fight ended with us both killing each other on the very last hit... but it still counted it as a win and rolled the credits, so that's nice. I was expecting "gently caress you, back to the check point".

Edit: Whoever said beating it automatically levels you to 20, that's not the case cause I'm still 18.

Edit 2: I specifically remember the Eververse saying you can't buy silver until level 20 but it unlocked it anyway, I guess beating the game at 18 broke stuff.

Talk to everyone you're supposed to in the tower duder, you'll get leveled after that

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

please knock Mom! posted:

Like Zaphod said, bear in mind that the dogs are trash mobs, and although fast and annoying, a single melee strike can take them out.

You can take down an aggressing pack of them reasonably efficiently with melee + gun combos as they rush you. They DO 'spook' and will draw back if you Show your Strength.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Ok so I don’t want to lose my spot in Hotdogs, but I also don’t want debilitating memory leak issues either... what do?

If I remake my warlock with a better face and level her to 20, will she not get the powerful weapon engrams because she is my 2nd warlock or can I delete my first one and she’ll get all the loot?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Zaphod42 posted:

Get like a sunshot or some equivalent and all you have to do is shoot one dog and blam they're all gone.

Cooldowns on like abilities? Did you play D1? You know like... gear changes poo poo right?

I embarrassingly died to a late game room full of dogs, even after opening up with my cluster rocket launcher. Then pulled out my drastically underleveled by that point sunshot and welp that went much better.

It's when they go full bore super spam on melee trash mobs that it's a pain in the rear end. Normally you don't need any tricks at all, no matter what you are playing or using. Then sometimes they spam them extra hard, and you are reminded that proximity will just make you lunge for melee spam from mid double jump rather than throw down your sweet exploding knife into the crowd :v:

EDIT: frivolous wishlist. A way to more specifically choose if you use normal melee or fancy melee. A lot of the time I've wasted my knife throw when I wanted a normal melee, and a lot of the time I warped farther than expected into a pile of enemies at low health when I was expecting to throw an explosive knife into a crowd then make my dramatic escape :downs:

Section Z fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Oct 28, 2017

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

I keep meleeing Cursed Thralls because I am idiot that enjoys shoving my knife into things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I missed this but loving lol

• Locked thread