Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
It's 5 minutes between plunder skull drops, so I'm using the opportunity to go around the world clearing all the delves/picking up skyshards that I've missed. Also you force a boss spawn when you first enter the boss area in a delve, so you never have to stand around and wait.

As a bonus, you piss off the players camping the bosses, because it hasn't been 5 minutes since their last boss spawn, and now they have to wait a bit longer. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

So I picked this up from the monthly humble thing. I cleared up enough room on my hard drive for it and used steam to download like 70gigs. Now when I go to run it, the launcher says I need 87 gigs free and that I only have 45 free (since I downloaded 70 from steam.)

Is there a fix for this? Or am I going to have to uninstall stuff somehow to make room and work from there?

kaaj
Jun 23, 2013

don't stop, carry on.

Saxophone posted:

So I picked this up from the monthly humble thing. I cleared up enough room on my hard drive for it and used steam to download like 70gigs. Now when I go to run it, the launcher says I need 87 gigs free and that I only have 45 free (since I downloaded 70 from steam.)

Is there a fix for this? Or am I going to have to uninstall stuff somehow to make room and work from there?

I had something similar going on on my installation. The thread which helped me was https://steamcommunity.com/app/306130/discussions/0/1456202492175727600/

There's a solution in one of the responses, sorry, on the mobile now.

kaaj fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Oct 21, 2017

One Tall Fellow
Oct 22, 2006

Bow wow best friend.

Bow wow best friend.

Bow wow best friend.
Could I get an invite to the guild? I'm in NA as @onetallfellow

Also, I've collected a few monster trophies off of mobs; do these do anything? Given that they are called trophies, I figured there was some way to display them in one of my houses, but I haven't been able to find a way to do so.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

One Tall Fellow posted:

Could I get an invite to the guild? I'm in NA as @onetallfellow

Invite sent.

One Tall Fellow posted:

Given that they are called trophies, I figured there was some way to display them in one of my houses, but I haven't been able to find a way to do so.

Nah, just sell them. They're rare drops that count toward achievements, and you don't need to hold on to them for them to count. The trophies you display in your house are from group dungeon, trial, and arena bosses.

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

come back here
I was still feeling lost on my old nightblade, so I've decided to make a templar with the intent of being a pure healer down the line. I've always enjoyed that role.

Game is fun, i'm into relearning it, and I've been prioritizing murdering delve bosses to try and cash in on these halloween bags while the event is running. Are any of these recipes gonna be worth anything to other players once the event is over? Usually in mmo's holiday stuff seems oversaturated to the point where even seemingly cool or rare items ain't worth much, from my past experience at least. But I got a gold vampire drink recipe i'm considering holding onto instead of learning, just in case.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

brainSnakes posted:

I've decided to make a templar with the intent of being a pure healer down the line. I've always enjoyed that role.

Job's taken. Pick something else.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

I got this game in the Humble Monthly. Could somebody give me an invite to the Chill Goons? @EggOver1979

Also, I see that there's maintenance tonight, how long does that usually last? Back, over a decade ago ( :smith: ) when I played WoW, one of the reasons I stopped was horribly long maintenance days which always happened on my days off. Is ESO pretty reasonable for this or not?

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Agents are GO! posted:

I got this game in the Humble Monthly. Could somebody give me an invite to the Chill Goons? @EggOver1979

Also, I see that there's maintenance tonight, how long does that usually last? Back, over a decade ago ( :smith: ) when I played WoW, one of the reasons I stopped was horribly long maintenance days which always happened on my days off. Is ESO pretty reasonable for this or not?

Every Monday morning at 4AM EDT, unless it's not.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Agents are GO! posted:

Yeah these are regular maintenances, except for this one, which is actually going to be bringing Update 16 to the live servers. Hope you like Clockwork City!

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

What I'm asking is how long does maintenance (usually) last, roughly, are we talking 2-4 hours or 24 hours (which I once experience in WoW.) I work midnights, and I generally keep that schedule on my days off, and I wanted to play tonight.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

I think maint is normally 4-6 hours, it's lasted longer before, and they've had to bring servers down again because poo poo blew up, but typically it's smooth.

*edit* might be longer because of DLC release, not sure.

MF_James fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Oct 23, 2017

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

Could I get an invite, once everything's up again? I'm @polyseme. I might have been in, like, 2 years ago, but let my subscription lapse or something.

kaaj
Jun 23, 2013

don't stop, carry on.
Is there a way to get an item from the guild stash if the item is stacked? Like, it feels weird to withdraw 15 recipes to learn 1 and then deposit 14.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

kaaj posted:

Is there a way to get an item from the guild stash if the item is stacked? Like, it feels weird to withdraw 15 recipes to learn 1 and then deposit 14.

Nope.

Vhadka
Apr 30, 2009

Can I get a guild invite? @vhadka_martini

How is tanking in this game? Is it something I can do while leveling without being kicked from every group for not being max everything with perfect gear? Kind of want to play a brick wall after spending time playing gw2 and it's "dodge EVERYTHING or be stunlocked and/or die instantly" approach.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Vhadka posted:

Can I get a guild invite? @vhadka_martini

How is tanking in this game? Is it something I can do while leveling without being kicked from every group for not being max everything with perfect gear? Kind of want to play a brick wall after spending time playing gw2 and it's "dodge EVERYTHING or be stunlocked and/or die instantly" approach.

Do not level as a tank, you will hate your life, level as either stam or mag DPS, depending on if you want to melee or cast, then swap to tank (or healer) once you're cp160

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost

Vhadka
Apr 30, 2009

MF_James posted:

Do not level as a tank, you will hate your life, level as either stam or mag DPS, depending on if you want to melee or cast, then swap to tank (or healer) once you're cp160

Sounds like good advice, I'll stab things (with a mace!) until I have enough points to not be completely worthless. At least I don't feel as squishy as gw2 so far, even as a dps.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

May I have an invite as well? I'm @Nuzatch or Literally Your Dad ingame.

Also, I made a Dragonknight tankdude, too. Can someone point me to DK DPS leveling or some such thing? Should I be using a 2hander instead or is it about skills? What skills? Oh god I'm so lost.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Saxophone posted:

May I have an invite as well? I'm @Nuzatch or Literally Your Dad ingame.

Also, I made a Dragonknight tankdude, too. Can someone point me to DK DPS leveling or some such thing? Should I be using a 2hander instead or is it about skills? What skills? Oh god I'm so lost.

Don't worry about any of that until CP160.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Any word on the transmutation stuff yet? How much of a grind is it?

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
A guy in my housing guild made this beautiful demon baby.

count_von_count
Nov 6, 2012

Mizuti posted:

A guy in my housing guild made this beautiful demon baby.

:perfect:

Unrelated: when dual-wield mobs do that flying cartwheel over your head thing, I always think of this.

Akula Raskolnikova
May 12, 2013
Can someone drop me an invite to the goon guild? jedi blasphemy, account name is Svartrmund Blackhand.

Akula Raskolnikova fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Oct 26, 2017

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

I hate to ask again, but could I get an invite? EggOver1979

Zvim
Sep 18, 2009
Since the clockwork update i am getting a ton of errors with the Advanced UI mod, is anyone else still using it or can recommend another good addon that does a similar job?

Got to level 30 today. :)

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Yeah AUI is fuckt now and I don't think the guy updates it anymore?

Also looking for another decent UI mod like it if anyone has suggestions, I hate playing UI roulette.

I should really stop being lazy and figure out the modding for ESO like I did in EQ, but :effort:

Emo Rodeo
Dec 28, 2006

This is one mystic quest
Sorry, long thread so this may be addressed, but is there any solution to the unlimited loading screen? I got the humble bundle monthy, installed the game, made an account and the game has only loaded to character selection once, and all other times it just stays on the loading screen.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

How long did you let it sit? Ive only been playing for a couple weeks myself, sometimes it goes almost immediately, sometimes it takes 2-3 minutes.

Might be an internet problem.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

It's definitely an issue. A lot of times it hangs on that screen for 5+ minutes (I've let it goas far as 10) before I alt+f4 out and when I try it again if loads up in under a minute.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben
It seems to take especially long after an update, but eventually loads. If there's a connection problem it'll kick you back to the login screen.

I used to experience the infinite loading screen fairly often when traveling between highly populated areas (entering/leaving the Rawl'kha outlaws' refuge was especially bad), but haven't had it happen recently. Wonder if they've finally fixed it.

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!
Hey just thought I'd drop a note in here too that tomorrow night (Friday 10/27) we'll be doing another normal Trial rush at 7:30 PM CST. So come get you coffers and whatnot and bad gear drops or maybe good ones, who knows. Drop a line in the Discord channel or be in game around that time and say something in chat.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben
Soloing group bosses as a stamsorc is fun, but you know what really feels badass? Soloing group bosses as a glass cannon magicka Dragonknight wearing almost all light armor, and using no potions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9jLqXDWpOQ

I actually hosed up quite a bit here (I blame lag in addition to my own stupidity) but still pulled through. Harness Magicka + Coagulating Blood is amazing.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Mr. Carrier Pigeon posted:

Hey just thought I'd drop a note in here too that tomorrow night (Friday 10/27) we'll be doing another normal Trial rush at 7:30 PM CST. So come get you coffers and whatnot and bad gear drops or maybe good ones, who knows. Drop a line in the Discord channel or be in game around that time and say something in chat.

That's 5:30 PDT/8:30 EDT for those of you who use normal time zones.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Hey all so I don't do many group dungeons, will people hate me for jumping in the queue with my level 3 sorcerer to get leveled fast?

E:pubbies I mean not us in the guild

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Yes they will.

Because you can't queue till level 10.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Aramek posted:

Yes they will.

Because you can't queue till level 10.

Right I forgot about that

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Who cares what the gently caress they think, anyway? If they can't get through a battle leveled normal dungeon with a level ten, then they weren't going to get through it anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MF_James
May 8, 2008

JackBadass posted:

Who cares what the gently caress they think, anyway? If they can't get through a battle leveled normal dungeon with a level ten, then they weren't going to get through it anyway.

This. Alternatively, do randos with goons once you hit 10.