Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

raditts posted:

I've thought about it, and I think you need to cut it out with this blasphemous poo poo

they're right, if you're fast enough you can even get your coins (rings) back after you die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sunning posted:

Even though it's a Star Wars game, EA is footing the bill while Lucasfilm is licensing it to them. They have a lot more to lose if the game appeals to just Star Wars enthusiasts instead of a more mainstream audience.

Star Wars enthusiasts are like the biggest audience in the world

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

In Training posted:

Star Wars enthusiasts are like the biggest audience in the world

I don't see how their weight has anything to do with it.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Lizard Wizard posted:

I'm taking a break from video games to watch Sonic Underground. Sonic is about to charge into a horde of robots and lets out the quip "Let's tease 'em and squeeze em"

the only good episode of sonic underground is when sonic and his siblings find a sonic baby, and then the sonic baby falls off a cliff and turns out to be a robot

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

In Training posted:

they're right, if you're fast enough you can even get your coins (rings) back after you die

counterpoint: mario odyssey is a good game

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the meme of all sonic games being bad must die

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Sonic 3D blast is the best 16-bit logo compression of all time

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The Colonel posted:

yeah, its hosed up, can't believe everyone forgets about sonic labyrinth and sonic spinball

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

So I just found out I have a $15 best buy gift code on my account that expires in a week, are there any good games I should put it toward or should I just buy an eshop / steam card or the wedding bowser amiibo

al-azad
May 28, 2009

raditts posted:

So I just found out I have a $15 best buy gift code on my account that expires in a week, are there any good games I should put it toward or should I just buy an eshop / steam card or the wedding bowser amiibo

there are no good games

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Yeah this week has been pretty lackluster I think

Edit: I am reading this book about the history of the NES and it has a bunch of fascinating details. Like the Famicom's player two controller had a microphone instead of start and select buttons, so you had this kind of thing happen:

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Oct 28, 2017

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

homeless snail posted:

you lose coins when you die, there's a spin dash, you build up momentum as you go down hills... is odyssey secretly a sonic game?? think about it

trust me and we will escape new donk city

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

al-azad posted:

there are no good games

I guess I should note that I already have mario, am saving wolf 2 for after I finish wolf TNO, and have no interest in asscreed

I was thinking more in terms of less popular games

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Alright, chat, do I spend tonight trying to find a way to make TV + Switch time more comfortable and play Mario Odyssey, or do I play some more Shadow of War

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

John Carpenter's Escape from New Donk would be pretty cool

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

The Colonel posted:

It's no meme.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

raditts posted:

I guess I should note that I already have mario, am saving wolf 2 for after I finish wolf TNO, and have no interest in asscreed

I was thinking more in terms of less popular games

Etrian Odyssey 5 just came out, if that's the kind of thing you like. I'd probably get a steam card though.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
My pet peeve: steam games listed as having full controller support thats actually just a really lovely steam controller config. Latest example being Grim Dawn. Welp.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Reality Winner posted:

My pet peeve: steam games listed as having full controller support thats actually just a really lovely steam controller config. Latest example being Grim Dawn. Welp.

I've played that with a 360 controller. Kinda janky but it shows the proper prompts too.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Now that the game is our I can say that yes there is still something disconcerting about New Donk City

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
meet the new donk city

same as the old donk city

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

New Donk City owns. I was really enjoying the game before Metro Kingdom but man, it's a super strong level.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Moon Monster posted:

Etrian Odyssey 5 just came out, if that's the kind of thing you like. I'd probably get a steam card though.

It totally is, but I should probably get around to finishing EO4. I don't even know why I stopped playing it a couple of years ago, I was pretty close to the end I think.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

raditts posted:

It totally is, but I should probably get around to finishing EO4. I don't even know why I stopped playing it a couple of years ago, I was pretty close to the end I think.

i left the game at the final dungeon and now when i try to get back into it im just confused by the maze like layout and dont remember what the hell i was supposed to be doing

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i literally didn't have any idea buying South Park 2 got me the first one for free, until Sony sent me a message about how some people had trouble accessing it, so now i know i own it (i played it on PC before)

cool little bonus, definitely looking forward to replaying it

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I Donkey Kong actually in New Donk City? Do you unlock original DK style levels because that would be even neater.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

al-azad posted:

I Donkey Kong actually in New Donk City? Do you unlock original DK style levels because that would be even neater.

...kinda

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

The Colonel posted:

mega man x is not even the greatest mega man game. face me, chumbler

I don't think most people claiming mega man x as best game played the zero series

This is of course ignoring the true champion, mega man legends

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Mad jealous of all you Mario goons right now

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I’m hearing that the new Wolfenstein isn’t the font of political commentary the marketing would have you believe. Makes a lot of sense given it probably got written before Trump won but I have to admit to feeling disappointed that that might be the case

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Looper posted:

Mad jealous of all you Mario goons right now
if it makes you feel any better, its a very good mario game but its probably not my goty or even favorite mario, so far

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Jay Rust posted:

I’m hearing that the new Wolfenstein isn’t the font of political commentary the marketing would have you believe. Makes a lot of sense given it probably got written before Trump won but I have to admit to feeling disappointed that that might be the case

Yeah, so far it's very straightforward "nazis are bad" and it only feels like commentary because the real world is suddenly wishy-washy about that.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Shooting Nazis is political commentary now

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Jay Rust posted:

I mean, I don't know what you expected out of it other than wolfenstein stepping back up to the microphone to say "by the way, in case you didn't get it the first time, Nazis are loving bad". There is a black lady character that talks about white america like she's ranting directly about america in 2017 though and BJ's response is exactly as cheesy as it should be if that counts

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Jay Rust posted:

Oh word?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Apparently all the Nazis are just standard German. I think American Nazis are scarier

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The people who wrote the wolfenstein game where hitler was right and the Jewish race were descendants of an Atlantis alien race armed to the teeth with world ending weponry made a conservative game? I'm appalled.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Jay Rust posted:

Apparently all the Nazis are just standard German. I think American Nazis are scarier

If that's what you're worried about, don't be, there is plenty of "the american people sympathize the nazis now because they've been brainwashed by stockholm syndrome"

edit: Often shortly followed by "but we gotta ignite a revolution and make them realize that actually nazis are still bad!!"

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Finally. Somebody had the balls to stand up to Nazis, the comical stand in for evil since 1929.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
You sound very upset for no actual specified reason my man

• Locked thread