Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

corn in the bible posted:

bring back gex imho

this but unironically

also Aero the Acro-bat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Chieves posted:

I'm just bummed because I really dig the aesthetic and atmosphere of Forces. It seems like a really nice mix of edgy/campy in the best SA2/ Unleashed way possible, the graphics look nice, and the music is extremely my poo poo, but it's all wasted on this miasma of mediocre-sounding gameplay and lack of effort in any non-artistic part of the game.

Even artistically the displays all look like rear end

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iL3Fqw1pX-M

I'm liking this remix

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

It's been leaked. The stream that was playing stopped once the official Sonic account joined the chat and asked him to though. The levels aren't in the order you'd expect (Classic Sonic's Green Hill is mission 9, lol.) and there were a couple unrevealed areas/bosses. The story is, uh, something.
Here, have some real dialogue:
They've been torturing Sonic for weeks!

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

It's been leaked. The stream that was playing stopped once the official Sonic account joined the chat and asked him to though.

lol

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

im very happy to get more remixes of shadow's songs from sa2, especially this one

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
"Hey guys, you streaming my unreleased game is NO GOOD!" *finger waggle*

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Can we just get all of Shadow's SA2 songs remixed to this level?

Actually can Shadow just be the entirety of Forces?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Shadow is great (when he doesn't have his own game)

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

It's been leaked. The stream that was playing stopped once the official Sonic account joined the chat and asked him to though. The levels aren't in the order you'd expect (Classic Sonic's Green Hill is mission 9, lol.) and there were a couple unrevealed areas/bosses. The story is, uh, something.

:allears:I need to hear more please. Is this the new Sonic 06 plot we've secretly been praying for.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

ChaseSP posted:

:allears:I need to hear more please. Is this the new Sonic 06 plot we've secretly been praying for.

I only saw the last couple levels of the stream before it got shut down but from what I've read... Not quite. It's pretty dumb though. After Modern Sonic's GHZ, Infinite beats him and everyone thinks he's dead. Tails freaks out and is useless and doesn't help until Classic Sonic appears out of a portal later in the game. After Sonic is defeated it is explained via text that Eggman went on to conquer 99% of the world. Turns out Sonic's alive but imprisoned on the Death Egg where Eggman has been allegedly torturing him and the avatar's first stage is the one from the demo where they end up getting a shuttle to space. Avatar frees Sonic who fights Zavok and he escapes back to earth. After that there's some levels in the jungle including an Infinite boss fight and Classic Sonic and Tails go around Green Hill and the stream got shut off around there.
It's melodramatic but not that convoluted. Sonic's constantly making wisecracks and you can wear crocs so it feels more lighthearted than 2006 at the very least.

Also there's a QTE in Modern Sonic's Death Egg level that looks really cool. I probably wouldn't like playing it but it was fun to look at.

Hitlersaurus Christ fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Oct 27, 2017

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/MrCrazyFace98/status/923924311722856449

Can anyone tell what store that bag came from?

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
Target.

I'm so looking forward to this game, but mostly to mercilessly razz my brother for buying it while we play it together

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Discendo Vox posted:

There are some hidden cameos in that, like the earlier ones.
So I know about Poppy O'Possum (from the webcomic/-novel of the same name) and her daughter Lily showing up in the first, and saw the photo frames of Sally Acorn in the third; who cameo'd in the second?

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Will no-one think of Croc.
I think of Croc all the time. Tank controls may have damned it to obscurity for most people, but not from my heart. Yazoo!

Besides that, as Hitlersaurus Christ pointed out...

you can wear crocs

...Sonic Team thought of Croc too.

Shadow Hog fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Oct 27, 2017

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*
Saw one of the new levels and bosses from the leak, and without spoiling I think it looked pretty fun. Not the best stuff ever, but clearly a step up from the demo stuff and looked solidly fun. Hopefully the game gets better from there.

That SA2 remix is great btw

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Can we just get all of Shadow's SA2's songs remixed to this level?

ftfy

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I need to know if the "Easter Egg" in the game concerning Sonic Mania I saw elsewhere is true.

Il Federale
Oct 10, 2012

Tim Burns Effect posted:

this but unironically

also Aero the Acro-bat

dont forget awesome possum and chuck rock

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Some people are claiming it's revealed Mania didn't happen since Infinite's power is illusions?

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Justin_Brett posted:

Some people are claiming it's revealed Mania didn't happen since Infinite's power is illusions?

Yeah that's what I was referring to.

If it's true I could see some people getting quite upset over how that sounds. Even if it's not what Sonic Team intended.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
So apparently Sonic Forces has about 50 levels.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Justin_Brett posted:

loving

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Oh i thought the track naming in mania was just a neat naming scheme
Ruby Illusions
Egg delusions
Egg reverie

One of them is probably wrong but still, itd be fitting

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ArfJason posted:

Oh i thought the track naming in mania was just a neat naming scheme
Ruby Illusions
Egg delusions
Egg reverie

One of them is probably wrong but still, itd be fitting

Ruby Delusions Also Mania still happened one of the Phantom Ruby's powers is just that it creates highly realistic Illusions. The reason Shadow and Chaos are evil in this game is because they are illusions of them no the actual ones.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Tim Burns Effect posted:

this but unironically

well good cause i loving meant it that way!

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

MonsterEnvy posted:

So apparently Sonic Forces has about 50 levels.

50 minute long sonic game confirmed

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

corn in the bible posted:

50 minute long sonic game confirmed

More like a 5 hour one. As the guy who reported this stated after an hour in they finished 10 levels and the game says they are 20% done. Unless the later levels get much longer and more complex.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*
It must be destiny that the people who get leaks/early copies of Sonic games are always the people with the least amount of Sonic experience. But the streamer guy did have this funny quote (no actual game spoilers here):

"Oh a Tag Team level! That reminds me of Sonic Heroes!"

*immediately jumps into a pit at the start of the level*

"That reminds me of Sonic Heroes too!"

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Actually they've been doing it for about 20 or so years

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

MonsterEnvy posted:

More like a 5 hour one. As the guy who reported this stated after an hour in they finished 10 levels and the game says they are 20% done. Unless the later levels get much longer and more complex.
Still longer than generations which was about 3-4 hours and crammed challenges. If Forces has no "Okay now play three of these challenges before moving." then it's pretty meaty for a Sonic game.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Pants Donkey posted:

Still longer than generations which was about 3-4 hours and crammed challenges. If Forces has no "Okay now play three of these challenges before moving." then it's pretty meaty for a Sonic game.

Appearntly it has a bunch of challenges and stuff too. Though it appears they are optional.

The first Infinite fight is also pretty cool.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Oct 28, 2017

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

MonsterEnvy posted:

Appearntly it has a bunch of challenges and stuff too. Though it appears they are optional.

The first Infinite fight is also pretty cool.

To clarify, there are 50 story missions, you go around different environments so you start in Green Hill, then the Space Port, then up to the Death Egg, then back down and up and down and all around. Which is a near idea. Then during the story there are SOS missions which are optional levels that can be played

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Pretty much all of those missions are much shorter than previous games' levels though.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
Considering my expectations were reset to low, this is actually looking almost kinda cool.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Szmitten posted:

Considering my expectations were reset to low, this is actually looking almost kinda cool.

Yeah, I think my opinion actually slightly improved after seeing the leak. It doesn't look fantastic but it looks sort of just, alright.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

The whole game's been streamed. Well, that was something. Spoilers about the bosses: The only returning villains you fight are Zavok and Metal Sonic, and technically you fight him twice since the final Infinite battle is just a reskin of it.
Various plot spoilers: There's no reveal of who Infinite is and he just fades away after you beat him. The chaos emeralds are never seen or mentioned. It's a pretty sloppy plot, though I wouldn't rank it anywhere near as bad as 06 or Shadow.

Overall I have to say it didn't look as bad as I was expecting after the demo but still worse than I expected before it.

Hitlersaurus Christ fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Oct 28, 2017

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

So no Super Sonic at all then? That's a first (for the 3D games anyway). Is there at least a new Eggman-controlled machine to fight aside from the Egg Dragoon popping up in Green Hill?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Oct 28, 2017

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Larryb posted:

So No Super Sonic at all then? That's a first. Is there at least a new Eggman-controlled machine to fight aside from the Egg Dragoon popping up in Green Hill?

No Super Sonic yet, but the streamer hasn't done any of the extra missions and the % completed jumps to 99.99% after the credits so there may be some more stuff.

The last fight is an eggman robot, just called "Death Egg Robot" but it's not the same one from Sonic 2. Has similar shape but is grey all over with multiple arms. Has a last phase that looks a lot like the Nega Wisp Armor but with more arms and is white.

edit: Oh okay extra levels apparently send the % to over 100%

Ventana fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Oct 28, 2017

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

I'm going to avoid this thread until Forces' release to avoid spoilers and bad vibes.

I hope you all have fun and enjoy sonic.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Various plot spoilers: There's no reveal of who Infinite is and he just fades away after you beat him.

The one thing that seemed intriguing about this game was the plot, specifically how they would beat an essentially unbeatable villain who immediately crushes Sonic on their first encounter, but if the answer is just that Sonic gets good and hits him until he goes away then it doesn't even have a story hook to keep me invested.

I've cancelled my preorder; I haven't even played Nier Automata yet, so I've got plenty of better things to spend the money on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I mean
at least the music is decent

EDIT: these side levels are just kinda sad

Augus fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Oct 28, 2017