Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Trump won't bomb anyone this weekend to try and distract because he'll be golfing right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
Manafort and Flynn AT LEAST are my best guesses. The question is if they will start squeezing more info out of them until the give up more people.

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

Look at this stupid idiot.

Petr
Oct 3, 2000

FizFashizzle posted:

They wouldn’t publicly announce suspending his passport.

Don't need a passport to throw a raft off the southernmost point buoy.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Surprise it’s gonna be Dana Rohrabacher

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Spacebump posted:

I'm betting Manafort because I think Flynn would rat everyone out to save his own rear end.

All circumstantial evidence so far suggests he already has. :v:

JasonV
Dec 8, 2003
I want to see how they're going to avoid the pardons.

Is it going to be all state charges? Are they going to pick someone less important and then if they get pardoned throw a billion state charges at them to warn others that pardons won't save them? Or are they going to pick Don Jr. to start with and as soon as Trump pardons him they're going to try to take it to the Supreme Court to call it obstruction of justice or something and see if they can get the SC to agree, paving the way to remove the hope of pardons?

or... ?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Makes sense that the GOP was trying to sink Trump at first.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I'm not getting my hopes up. I'd love for this to lead to something, but I'm gonna avoid being optimistic so I don't get disappointed.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

maybe i'm not cynical enough, but i genuinely think that trump issuing pardons and/or firing mueller is beyond the pale for many republicans and the public at large.

it's not possible to avoid nixon comparisons. i dont think fox news could effectively spin such a story

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

JasonV posted:

I want to see how they're going to avoid the pardons.

Is it going to be all state charges? Are they going to pick someone less important and then if they get pardoned throw a billion state charges at them to warn others that pardons won't save them? Or are they going to pick Don Jr. to start with and as soon as Trump pardons him they're going to try to take it to the Supreme Court to call it obstruction of justice or something and see if they can get the SC to agree, paving the way to remove the hope of pardons?

or... ?

If it were me, I'd start with federal charges and let the pardons start flying. Then when there's enough piled up for obstruction of justice, go back with the state-level charges. Donny has to be confronted head on.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

I'm sure THIS will lead to impeachment. Oh... wait...

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/25/opinion/republicans-silence-trump.html?_r=0

Oh... I see. Oh.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

QuoProQuid posted:

maybe i'm not cynical enough, but i genuinely think that trump issuing pardons and/or firing mueller is beyond the pale for many republicans and the public at large

it's not possible to avoid nixon comparisons

They’re not poisoning the well with this uranium one nonsense because of how beyond the pale pardoning anyone would be.

Plus he can’t fire mueller. He could only fire Rosenstein and appoint a toaster that could do it, and the senate has already come out and said they won’t confirm his next appointee.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Really hoping for a dark horse candidate here like Dana rohrabacher, Devin Nunes, Mitch McConnell, or Trey gowdy. Keep the GOP on their toes.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

FizFashizzle posted:

They’re not poisoning the well with this uranium one nonsense because of how beyond the pale pardoning anyone would be.

Plus he can’t fire mueller. He could only fire Rosenstein and appoint a toaster that could do it, and the senate has already come out and said they won’t confirm his next appointee.

well, he can go full saturday night massacre and fire people until someone caves

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.c2ec69a060b0

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

In an unexpected twist, Mueller discovered footage of Mike Pence getting hosed by an actual horse in NH.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.
I really can't get over Dana Boente submitting his resignation today. There is pretty much no way that timing is unrelated (Mueller's grand Jury is operating under Boente's district) not sure how to read the tea leaves on that though.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

mcmagic posted:

Come on Jared!!!

Would you dare say...it can only be Jared? :v:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

QuoProQuid posted:

well, he can go full saturday night massacre and fire people until someone caves

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.c2ec69a060b0

Trump hasn’t actually fired anyone.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Pander posted:

Really hoping for a dark horse candidate here like Dana rohrabacher, Devin Nunes, Mitch McConnell, or Trey gowdy. Keep the GOP on their toes.

Jeff Sessions :unsmigghh:

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
What are the chances that Trump is going to listen to his lawyer and shut the gently caress up over the weekend?

:0:

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

FizFashizzle posted:

Still, tomorrow is Saturday...

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

FizFashizzle posted:

im not sure what we are arguing about

wasn’t saying that trump had fired anyone, only that there are ways for him to try and remove mueller that involve smashing through the doj’s leadership

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.
https://twitter.com/PLFino/status/924077258763112449

Seems legit.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

QuoProQuid posted:

im not sure what we are arguing about

This Whole Saturday night massacre conjecture.

Trump doesn’t fire people.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Stairmaster posted:

Trump won't bomb anyone this weekend to try and distract because he'll be golfing right?

I dunno, he's gonna tweet something insane, my first guess is that he'll try to distract people from the coming arrests and charges.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

empty whippet box posted:

I dunno, he's gonna tweet something insane, my first guess is that he'll try to distract people from the coming arrests and charges.

:rip: NAFTA

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

glowing-fish posted:

What are the chances that Trump is going to listen to his lawyer and shut the gently caress up over the weekend?

Slim and None

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
It’s my birthday this weekend the best gift I could ever ask for would be to see trump in handcuffs. Please.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Boris Galerkin posted:

It’s my birthday this weekend the best gift I could ever ask for would be to see trump in handcuffs. Please.

That's not going to happen ever.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

glowing-fish posted:

This is a very zen question, in that pondering it led me to realize for the first time that negative probabilities can exist.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

FizFashizzle posted:

This Whole Saturday night massacre conjecture.

Trump doesn’t fire people.

i was responding to someone else who was wondering if trump would pardon people or fire mueller

i responded by saying that, even if he tried, such an action would be beyond the pale for most people because it would be transparently corrupt and break the doj nixon-style

i don’t think we disagree with anything. i just did a poor job of conveying my point

/end

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

TheScott2K posted:

Boy is your face gonna be red when Mueller perpwalks Trump outta the oval office monday at 7 am!!!

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
No one has mentioned Carter Page yet. I'm gonna guess him.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Boris Galerkin posted:

He's into piss play, not bondage

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Where would you want to see Trump perpwalked?

- Out of the White House?
- Off the golf course?
- At a public event?
- During a press conference?
- During a random public appearance?

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

when you were young, did anyone imagine that news of indictments would give you the ragingest boner?

how life teaches us, am i right?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Farchanter posted:

I think the fastest path to a Trump nuclear meltdown is for it to be Trump, Jr., so that's what my heart wants.

By my mind says Flynn and Manafort.

Jr is the 4th person he cares about the most.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

TheScott2K posted:

Just let me dream

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Ego-bot posted:

No one has mentioned Carter Page yet. I'm gonna guess him.

carter page has absolutely 10000% struck a deal with the investigation to avoid prosecution

carter page cannot keep his mouth shut about anything. doesn't matter who is listening

• Locked thread