Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Well yeah
Bunker Buddies was a bad show co hosted by an incompetent

look he''s boring but I'm not sure I'd call Travis incompetent

heyooooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I've enjoyed Trends Like These the couple of times I've dipped in.

We've been bitching about how terrible podcast ads are. I've been listening to Casefiles, an Australian true crimes podcast, which has a big big audience. The latest episodes have ads for two major Hollywood revenge-movie releases, whose titles I cannot remember because brainsieve. We'll know the McElroys have hit mainstream when MBMBaM or TAZ get ads for comedies or SF.

MaxFun podcast 'The Greatest Generation' was sponsored by The Inhumans for a few weeks. I know it's supposed to be a lovely tvshow or movie or whatever, but I was genuinely shocked to hear a podcast sponsored by something other than a garbage food/clothing delivery service.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i would put the Inhumans tv show on a level below NatureBox tbh

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Bunker Buddies' biggest issue was his co-host tried to be all "So my mom is a crazy survivalist and tried to make me one but I'm TOTALLY normal hahahah" and then instantly went full "we all need more guns and the government actually is gonna destroy the world tho". Like, maybe this is just being southern and all but I know a ton of people like that and they all suck. It's just entirely 'no no see my dad, HE'S nuts, he thinks the Jews are gonna use the blacks to cause a civil war so they can murder every straight white christian person, as we all know the Jews want. I just think the GOVERNMENT is gonna use FALSE FLAGS to start a civil war so they can murder EVERYONE, as we all know the government wants. See, much more reasonable, anyway buy colloidal silver."

Schmanners is actually pretty solid, though. It's not that funny but it's really not supposed to be.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Schmanners is a great podcast to fall asleep to.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I want to like the Travis and Brental Floss show but the news just loving sucks so much the last two years and an hour and a half of it is the last thing I wanna hear. Before poo poo got real and it was mainly an internet news show I enjoyed it more but these serious issues do nothing but stress me out.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

I went off Trends Like These when they were like 'The british prime minister hosed a pig? So what? We all did poo poo in college'.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

I like Sawbones a lot but listening to the eugenics, opioid addiction and conversion therapy 1+2 episodes, only broken up by tickling was rough. All the episodes where Sydnee just lists endless horrible poo poo we did/still do, while Justin is unable to make any jokes are hard to listen to.

Justin is the best brother.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Psychedelicatessen posted:

I like Sawbones a lot but listening to the eugenics, opioid addiction and conversion therapy 1+2 episodes, only broken up by tickling was rough. All the episodes where Sydnee just lists endless horrible poo poo we did/still do, while Justin is unable to make any jokes are hard to listen to.

Justin is the best brother.

yea that was a rough stretch. Great for educational stuff, Sydnee is, obviously, a smart lady who comes prepared but...not a lot for the J-man to riff off there. Can't really set up a signature McElroy goof off 'so yea we chemically castrated and/or emotionally tortured BASICALLY anyone different than us, and poorer than the people in charge, and there are people who still today think that's a good idea we should do more of...'

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

sexpig by night posted:

yea that was a rough stretch. Great for educational stuff, Sydnee is, obviously, a smart lady who comes prepared but...not a lot for the J-man to riff off there. Can't really set up a signature McElroy goof off 'so yea we chemically castrated and/or emotionally tortured BASICALLY anyone different than us, and poorer than the people in charge, and there are people who still today think that's a good idea we should do more of...'

"And one of them is Vice President". *sad trombone*

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I listened to the Sawbones episodes on opioids and eugenics and they felt like child's play after listening to The Dollop's episodes on the exact same subjects.

I might be broken.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
This week's episode of Still Buffering was good but poor Rileigh sounded half dead.

Also Teylor officially came out as queer on Twitter :)

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I started listening to Uhh Yeah Dude finally after it came up in this thread so many times. It is really good. I am very sad that it took like 550 episodes before i even knew it existed and another 60 before i actually listened.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Oh thank god the live show PvP rule is a huge improvement

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real

inthesto posted:

I listened to the Sawbones episodes on opioids and eugenics and they felt like child's play after listening to The Dollop's episodes on the exact same subjects.

I might be broken.

the sawbones eps on those topics are okay primers, but yeah, if you really want to know the nitty gritty and have a strong stomach, check out the dollop episodes and go from there.

a half hour comedy-tinged medical history podcast isn't the best format for talking about those things beyond bullet pointing

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

The Dollop do a great Phineas Gage episode as well. Listen to The Dollop, basically.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

myron cope posted:

I started listening to Uhh Yeah Dude finally after it came up in this thread so many times. It is really good. I am very sad that it took like 550 episodes before i even knew it existed and another 60 before i actually listened.
you can definitely see their influence on griffin

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

sexpig by night posted:

Bunker Buddies' biggest issue was his co-host tried to be all "So my mom is a crazy survivalist and tried to make me one but I'm TOTALLY normal hahahah" and then instantly went full "we all need more guns and the government actually is gonna destroy the world tho". Like, maybe this is just being southern and all but I know a ton of people like that and they all suck. It's just entirely 'no no see my dad, HE'S nuts, he thinks the Jews are gonna use the blacks to cause a civil war so they can murder every straight white christian person, as we all know the Jews want. I just think the GOVERNMENT is gonna use FALSE FLAGS to start a civil war so they can murder EVERYONE, as we all know the government wants. See, much more reasonable, anyway buy colloidal silver.
As a fellow B.B. listener until Travis left, yeah. Andor is a bit shrill and a bit much. The ep they did on wildfires was informative though.

Coffee And Pie posted:

Also Teylor officially came out as queer on Twitter :)
Aww yeah for Tey :)

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I want to like the Travis and Brental Floss show but the news just loving sucks so much the last two years and an hour and a half of it is the last thing I wanna hear. Before poo poo got real and it was mainly an internet news show I enjoyed it more but these serious issues do nothing but stress me out.

Yeah. I can't stand to watch John Oliver or Samantha Bee any more, because I'm more than depressed enough already.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Ojjeorago posted:

Schmanners is a great podcast to fall asleep to.

This is 100% accurate.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Yeah. I can't stand to watch John Oliver or Samantha Bee any more, because I'm more than depressed enough already.

:hf: I've found topical political comedy extremely depressing for about 3-5 years now

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Just re-listened to the like, 4 year old episode with Dan Savage as a Guesspert where he jokes that there's enough room for all of them in podcasting so long as all three stay contained to one podcast. I'm forced to assume they're in a blood feud now.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Never watch Samantha Bee in the first place because it's bad neolib centrist garbage.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
thank you for bringing that extremely cool opinion to this unrelated thread

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
to be fair it's always valid to remind people that Sam Bee is literally anti-integration and both she and her woke rear end husband actively fought dirty poor black kids going to school with their kids. Also she gave a big loving interview with Glen Beck to 'build bridges' and can absolutely eat a fart.

Oliver's pretty funny, mainly because he's acknowledging how impotent he was with stuff like the "WE GOT HIM' button and all.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Fellatio del Toro posted:

Oh thank god the live show PvP rule is a huge improvement

:agreed:

it fixed the problem real good

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I remember them like a year and a half ago advertising an episode with Paul Scheer as guestpert, but don't recall the episode ever actually happening. Did that fall through?

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Next time they do a Q&A, I'd love to know how Griffin or Justin or whoever does the edit manages music rights. I remember Griffin grumping in, I think, a TAZ show that Travis was singing enough of a song that they might have to get a clearance. You'd think that Justin's singing entire songs whenever he gets killed in Awful Squad would be an issue.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

I always thought that was a gag (that other people also do.)

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Crocoswine posted:

I always thought that was a gag (that other people also do.)

Nothing having to do with ASCAP rights is a gag.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Next time they do a Q&A, I'd love to know how Griffin or Justin or whoever does the edit manages music rights. I remember Griffin grumping in, I think, a TAZ show that Travis was singing enough of a song that they might have to get a clearance. You'd think that Justin's singing entire songs whenever he gets killed in Awful Squad would be an issue.

I assumed he was covered by whatever lets people fill YouTube with acoustic covers of songs

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
hi guys it took a year but i listened to every mbmbam

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

I'm down to the first 30 or so, I started in April I think :shobon:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I've been thinking of the Travis talk earlier, and I've got another good example of moments where he shines.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q32oL0HN8zk

Justin and Griffin do all the legwork, but just as you're done laughing Travis chimes in with the second post idea and I'm laughing all over again.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Shinjobi posted:

I've been thinking of the Travis talk earlier, and I've got another good example of moments where he shines.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q32oL0HN8zk

Justin and Griffin do all the legwork, but just as you're done laughing Travis chimes in with the second post idea and I'm laughing all over again.
I have a dead, rotten heart and that still slays me

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

JT Jag posted:

I have a dead, rotten heart and that still slays me

We've been hacked!

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

About a couple of months in and I'm at episode 94. I dunno why I'm doing this. :downs: I also need to catch up with TAZ.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Meet The Press has the fire chief from Huntington on to discuss the opioid crisis. Not a surprise, but it really does sound like the town's getting shredded by it.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

One of the last things Mike Pence did as governor of Indiana was gently caress all to combat opioid. Guess what? We then had an HIV epidemic to go with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Admiral Joeslop posted:

One of the last things Mike Pence did as governor of Indiana was gently caress all to combat opioid. Guess what? We then had an HIV epidemic to go with it.

Uh excuse me

He also hosed a horse