Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

I HAVE GOOD AIDS posted:

I’m also hoping that it’s someone in Trump’s immediate family just so we can watch what’s left of his brain melt down in real time via Twitter.

Edit: I’m going as the Kush on his Iraq adventure for Halloween so I’m counting on Mueller to Make My Costume Great Forever.

A guy I work with is going as Retirement Obama.

Wraparound shades, Hawaiian shirt and cargo shorts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Mustang posted:

All this SF talk reminds me that I’ve been getting a bunch of emails looking for armor and infantry LTs that are KD complete to be 1st group SF company XOs. Half tempted to apply for the job(s?).

Sounds like all the logistics and resourcing of a normal XO without the authority since all the team leaders out rank you

Do it. You'll have a chill gig until you get out. Or lose your god damned mind and go to selection.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
I think I'm going to. My only concern is that I'm not ranger tabbed.

Though one of the guys I know that has been selected to be an SF company XO is an untabbed IN LT that was considered one of the black sheep of his BN. Pretty sure he was only given the bare minimum to make KD time as a IN PL, solely because he has no ranger tab. He definitely had a lot less PLT time than I do.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

facialimpediment posted:

:siren: MUELLER HAS FILED CHARGES IN THE INVESTIGATION :siren:

https://twitter.com/ElizLanders/status/924070900709896192

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/27/politics/first-charges-mueller-investigation/index.html

Charges are sealed under orders from a federal judge. The charges are grand jury-approved.

facialimpediment posted:

Late edit: Barry got called for jury duty. He's going.

Coincidence?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

at the date posted:

Coincidence?

yes

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Zeris posted:

Some enlisted guy is gonna get indicted lol

Yep.

Always remember the motto for this administration is "the buck stops anywhere but here".

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

In other lighter news. Wolfenstein is pretty fun for mindlessly killing Nazi's. My only disappointment is so far I have yet to be able to shoot at the Klansmen walking around in the game.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mustang posted:

I think I'm going to. My only concern is that I'm not ranger tabbed.

Though one of the guys I know that has been selected to be an SF company XO is an untabbed IN LT that was considered one of the black sheep of his BN. Pretty sure he was only given the bare minimum to make KD time as a IN PL, solely because he has no ranger tab. He definitely had a lot less PLT time than I do.

It should be worth it, even in peace time. SF are the chillest of the sof units and I doubt you'll regret it. And if you really wanna go to Ranger school, there's probably a good chance they'll send you there as well.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

KildarX posted:

In other lighter news. Wolfenstein is pretty fun for mindlessly killing Nazi's. My only disappointment is so far I have yet to be able to shoot at the Klansmen walking around in the game.

That's what far cry is for

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I'm loving new Wolfenstein. I just wish I'd bought some unhealthy snacks to enjoy with it.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

A song for our times:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvTidBjh-KE

BAH GAWD THAT'S JOHN CENA'S MUSIC

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

BUG JUG posted:

A song for our times:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvTidBjh-KE

BAH GAWD THAT'S JOHN CENA'S MUSIC

A self playing piano, neat poo poo.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

whoever was charged will be taken into custody on monday supposedly

October 30, 1981

Birthday of Ivanka Trump.

October 30th 2017... New bracelets for a birthday gift?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

orange juche posted:

A self playing piano, neat poo poo.

I appreciate u

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

at the date posted:

Coincidence?

Particularly since Obama was called up for state court in Illinois, yes.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

:stare:

I wouldn’t be able to not punch a person I hear espousing this poo poo in person.

Goddamn this is awful in just all the wrong ways. What in the wide world of gently caress?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Are jury trials open to the public? Can I go see Obama in court?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I don't know enough about what actual laws the world's stupidest legion of doom could have committed so I can't do the betting pool that I had in my head. The only thing I've heard repeatedly since this whole thing started is that collusion is not actually a law. So it's probably just lame stuff like 8 trillion campaign law violations or money laundering. Lame.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
My step dad just gave me the rundown on how cutting corporate taxes will benefit everyone because companies will have more taxable revenues since they won’t seek out tax havens and that will even out the tax cut and trickle down economics.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
With that logic, I bet corporate tax cuts would bring back company pensions too.

To keep on brand: https://twitter.com/davidmackau/status/924262387183751169

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

There's basically 0% chance that he doesn't get cut from the list of jurors.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

My step dad just gave me the rundown on how cutting corporate taxes will benefit everyone because companies will have more taxable revenues since they won’t seek out tax havens and that will even out the tax cut and trickle down economics.

It's so obvious, libtards!

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

psydude posted:

It's so obvious, libtards!

It's kinda related to my rant earlier about questioning their reality. This is a right wing shibboleth at this point and no amount of pointing to the last 40 years of recorded history will convince them otherwise. They believe it, they'll never stop believing it.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

Because it's worked so well every other time we've done it (it hasn't).

In order to get companies to invest more in their people, you jack the corporate rate up and provide deductions for pension accounts, pay raises, etc.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Pope loving Francis Speaking Ex Cathedra posted:

Some people continue to defend trickle-down theories which assume that economic growth, encouraged by a free market, will inevitably succeed in bringing about greater justice and inclusiveness in the world. This opinion, which has never been confirmed by the facts, expresses a crude and naive trust in the goodness of those wielding economic power and in the sacralized workings of the prevailing economic system. Meanwhile, the excluded are still waiting.

Results: Hard-line American clergy try to have him declared a heretic.

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2017/oct/27/the-war-against-pope-francis

:capitalism:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Mr. Nice! posted:

Because it's worked so well every other time we've done it (it hasn't).

In order to get companies to invest more in their people, you jack the corporate rate up and provide deductions for pension accounts, pay raises, etc.

Well back when Reagan was in office was the last time we had major tax cuts and and and and

I would tell you the rest but this is about where I stopped paying attention and started playing tug o war with Monty.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

I wouldn’t be able to not punch a person I hear espousing this poo poo in person.

Goddamn this is awful in just all the wrong ways. What in the wide world of gently caress?

Racist assholes.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

He was no angel. Look at all of these pictures of him holding guns!

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Yay.

https://twitter.com/natalie_allison/status/924296540096749573

Yay! (Third confirmation, a bit different than the others)

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/924310720786952193

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7Uy0Uznw4E

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

A work of art.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

man it's going to be very dissapointing when some no name low level staffer eats a purjury charge for a technicality

Manafort, Flynn and Trump Jr I can dream

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

This is outstanding.

What was the original scene from?

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

shame on an IGA posted:

Interesting article,of his course his main enemy is an american conservative who's pals with Bannon and Newt Gingrich.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
The White Lives Matter rally is currently being drowned out by Bob Marley.

https://twitter.com/letsgomathias/status/924319611964809216

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

That Works posted:

This is outstanding.

What was the original scene from?

Daredevil season 1 finale.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

Yes, yes (if he's selected as a juror). Check with the clerk of court about whether gallery seats will go by lottery (most likely) or first come, first in.

The Iron Rose posted:

Oprah Winfrey, another famous Chicagoan, sat on a murder trial a few years ago. (But she wasn't a lawyer, which could make a difference)

shame on an IGA posted:

quote:

Pope loving Francis Speaking Ex Cathedra posted:

Some people continue to defend trickle-down theories which assume that economic growth, encouraged by a free market, will inevitably succeed in bringing about greater justice and inclusiveness in the world. This opinion, which has never been confirmed by the facts, expresses a crude and naive trust in the goodness of those wielding economic power and in the sacralized workings of the prevailing economic system. Meanwhile, the excluded are still waiting. 

This was an apostolic exhortation, which is less mandatory than a papal encyclical which is less mandatory than a pronouncement ex cathedra (the last one was in 1950)

joat mon fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Oct 28, 2017

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

The Iron Rose posted:

When that happens, the other attorney should immediately allege a Batson violation.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

oops my bad, kinda weak on canon law from coming up in one of those unaffiliated deep south churches where the only rule was "fear the browns"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007

About time we lock her up

• Locked thread