Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

One of the nice things about Star Citizen at this point is that things have pretty much calcified into their existing properties. Nobody here is magically going to be impressed and decide that, indeed, Star Citizen is good and will impress the world. Similarly nobody on the other side is going to see that and magically go "wow, they didn't show any gameplay" and decide to get a refund. People will see what they want to see, especially given how good Chris is at providing just enough rope for people to hang themselves on their own dreams. What I saw was a lot of really impressive work for a game that nobody actually paid for. I see planets that would look fantastic as flyovers during a cutscene, art assets that would be really great in localized encounters, and plenty of generic (but still nice) content. If CIG had maintained the original concept of instances linked by cutscenes, or if it was for a single player Squadron 42, then I'd be pretty impressed. But since the content they revealed has minimal impact on the expected gameplay, they steadfastly failed to show any kind of multiplayer interaction (or any real gameplay to speak of), and since Star Citizen is supposed to be a MMO and not a single player game there isn't much to be excited about.

What I saw was basically yet another indication of the things that actually matter to Chris Roberts; grandeur, scale, and derivative content. Look at how many times he talked about things that sound impressive like all those NPCs, the size of various buildings, provided a reference to a superior work of fiction like Blade Runner or Star Wars. Look at how little he talked about gameplay loops, or introduced mechanics that players have been waiting years for, or addressed core issues like networking, performance, or the flight model. Look at how a game that was meant to be a space simulation barely even touched space; indeed the only relevant discussion regarding actual space travel was how Chris apparently thinks that waiting eight minutes to travel between planets is somehow good game design. Look at how he thinks that showing hundreds of "procedurally generated" city blocks will somehow enhance the player experience, or how having millions of square kilometers of empty territory will lead to a better experience than what you can already get with Elite.

Star Citizen is not a scam, it's an ego trip. It's hundreds of people working on something, and doing what looks to be some good work doing it, to stoke the narcissism of a failed developer who is more interested in maintaining the appearances of producing a AAA title than actually delivering it. What we saw today was absolutely an indication that they are burning millions and using up a lot of personnel, and they are delivering on things. The problem is that what they're delivering has no bearing on what people are paying for.

hosed up if true.

e:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrchinchin25
Apr 14, 2012

Dat BDSSE

Wait.. £1000 for a hard drive... let that sink in

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

I am finding distressing parallels between what I saw last night and TS Eliot poems:

Mistah Kurtz—he dead.

A penny for the Old Guy

I
We are the hollow men
We are the stuffed men
Leaning together
Headpiece filled with straw. Alas!
Our dried voices, when
We whisper together
Are quiet and meaningless
As wind in dry grass
Or rats' feet over broken glass
In our dry cellar

Shape without form, shade without colour,
Paralysed force, gesture without motion;

Those who have crossed
With direct eyes, to death's other Kingdom
Remember us—if at all—not as lost
Violent souls, but only
As the hollow men
The stuffed men.

II
Eyes I dare not meet in dreams
In death's dream kingdom
These do not appear:
There, the eyes are
Sunlight on a broken column
There, is a tree swinging
And voices are
In the wind's singing
More distant and more solemn
Than a fading star.

Let me be no nearer
In death's dream kingdom
Let me also wear
Such deliberate disguises
Rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves
In a field
Behaving as the wind behaves
No nearer—

Not that final meeting
In the twilight kingdom

III
This is the dead land
This is cactus land
Here the stone images
Are raised, here they receive
The supplication of a dead man's hand
Under the twinkle of a fading star.

Is it like this
In death's other kingdom
Waking alone
At the hour when we are
Trembling with tenderness
Lips that would kiss
Form prayers to broken stone.

IV
The eyes are not here
There are no eyes here
In this valley of dying stars
In this hollow valley
This broken jaw of our lost kingdoms

In this last of meeting places
We grope together
And avoid speech
Gathered on this beach of the tumid river

Sightless, unless
The eyes reappear
As the perpetual star
Multifoliate rose
Of death's twilight kingdom
The hope only
Of empty men.

V
Here we go round the prickly pear
Prickly pear prickly pear
Here we go round the prickly pear
At five o'clock in the morning.

Between the idea
And the reality
Between the motion
And the act
Falls the Shadow
For Thine is the Kingdom

Between the conception
And the creation
Between the emotion
And the response
Falls the Shadow
Life is very long

Between the desire
And the spasm
Between the potency
And the existence
Between the essence
And the descent
Falls the Shadow
For Thine is the Kingdom

For Thine is
Life is
For Thine is the

This is the way the world ends
Not with a bang but a whimper

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Shilling for Destiny2's devteam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ujln3hGw-E0

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

mrchinchin25 posted:

Well, you'll also most likely need a new motherboard to use it so add a few extra quids to that.

reverend crabhands
Feb 3, 2016

Kosumo posted:

Boring .... Where the gently caress was the Sandiworm moment?

Sandiworm :)

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

BeefThief posted:

it's been a year since they said 3.0 was weeks away lmao

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer
wow, a good nights sleep later and i wake up still struck by the fact that the whole thing was a big fat nothing

a scripted flythrough of some (if you didn't look to closely) environments but absolutely zero game mechanics or even a hint about how gameplay would fit into this slideshow

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

Grimey Drawer
though the pioneer panel still takes the cake for me

"Info markets served by players working as data runners!"

"land claims"

"claimjumping"

"core samples, seismographic surveys"

"free form basebuilding"

"moisture farming"

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Erenthal posted:

wow, a good nights sleep later and i wake up still struck by the fact that the whole thing was a big fat nothing

a scripted flythrough of some (if you didn't look to closely) environments but absolutely zero game mechanics or even a hint about how gameplay would fit into this slideshow

I still can't believe that we are 6 years into this and backers are still cheering for demos like that.
While having access to what CIG has actually delivered to them.

And, I mean, there should be at least some Avocados in that crowd that know exactly the buggy cut down mess that CIG has been able to actually implement out of the 3.0 demo they watched a year and some months ago.

But such are the inexplicable backwards truths of this scammy project.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

Grimey Drawer
i mean citizens claim to be discerning pc master race gamers wise to the world and tired of publisher tricks

i would have thought that they would have seen enough bullshots and scripted playground rides through quickly mocked up assets by big publishers to remain critical until actual unscripted gameplay is shown

but nope

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

mrchinchin25 posted:

It's a fast SSD meant for workloads that are too large to fit in RAM. That's why it's so expensive. It is absolutely not meant for gaming.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Regrettable posted:

It is absolutely not meant for gaming.

so perfect for Star Citizen?

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/798lhv/what_are_the_deep_glowing_orange_crevasses_in/

quote:

I was talking with someone about that in another thread. The amount of material needed to build that city, more than 20 QUADrillion kilos, importing it into the city would be a logistical nightmare. Instead of building the city UP from the surface, I posit they build down, into the crust, while using the excess material to build up, or exporting it as a domestic product.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

People like this really deserve having an electronic mini-billboard installed on their chest, while on their rear end a simple: "I am a consumer whore!" sign lets advertisers know they can hawk their poo poo out on this guy for free.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Erenthal posted:

so perfect for Star Citizen?

Pretty much. You can use it for gaming but you won't see much benefit over a 960 Pro.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
poo poo, make a kickstarter for this revolutionary new cybernetic technology, but word it as being about a space pixie adventure game or some poo poo - Star Citizen has just proven yesterday it's possible to get advertisers' panties moist this way!

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
Star Citizen: Boldly going where no game has gone before! By full-out shilling for Intel!

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

New Wolfenstein is cool and good!

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2017/oct/28/meet-the-millennial-millionaires-coutts-embraces-video-gamers

:allears:

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

ship is floating off the ground

i cant even tell if that thing is a guard or monster

oh dear me these guys have no faces

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

AbstractNapper posted:

And, I mean, there should be at least some Avocados in that crowd that know exactly the buggy cut down mess that CIG has been able to actually implement out of the 3.0 demo they watched a year and some months ago.
But that's why you run events like this: The dissenting, discerning consumer looks at your seven hours of garbage con and has no interest in going. And people, especially idiots, have no concept of scale. They think a cheering room is a lot of people and imagine themselves as with the crowd.

Calcified is such a great word for these people. They're a sure bet.

And if you're not in their target audience for $850 spaceships you don't even matter. This poo poo is never going to sway you since this really is a dream cult of a magic spaceship man who is going to take you back to all your favorites.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Dark Off posted:

Still at "Sorrow tour" levels of fidelitah!

I'm glad I wasn't at home to watch it, I hate TV adverts for random uninteresting crap and it seems like it was just a really long and boring one of those.

Oh, if any Goons are off out over the weekend to engage in moisture farming, remember to respect other moisture farmers and not jump anyone elses claim. :D

(Sorry, moisture farming just sounds dirty to me for some reason)

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

They showed little progress on core game features but boy did they add a shitload of new engineering debt.

How many features from that Intel Optane advert were actually demonstrated during their whale milking extravaganza?

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

Golli posted:

The lights dim at Citizencon.

Chris Roberts takes the stage to tentative applause. His movements are confident. His hands are uncharacteristically steady as he begins to address the assembled citizens.

When he begins to speak, a different, deeper voice, booms over the speakers:

"For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is Chris Robert? This is Chris Robert speaking. I am the man who loves his mocap. I am the man who does not sacrifice his Porsches or his vacations. I am the man who has deprived you of a game and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are perishing-you who dread knowledge  -I am the man who will now tell you.”

:

In the last 500 years, the Fourth Stimpire has dominated four systems, which it has united into one starzone, Stimsis. The Fourth Stimpire has origins from the Ten Empire War in which 10 of the United Stimpires revolted against each rules. All empires except for the fourth swore freedom upon their citizens. There is no free speech in the Fourth Stimpire, and all self-controlled transportation has been made illegal without undergoing painful medical verification methods, in which arteries are severed without pain resistant, operated entirely by machines. The way they work claim to be the most hygenic and healthy way possible, but these machines often rub against pain points, causing great deals of pain to patients. The heart is then extracted from the body and placed into a glass grinding machine. Various energy centers are also dissected and replaced with dangerous transplants. After the painful, 52 hour surgical procedure, patients will then have to use a fused guidance tool, which pumps painful resistors into the body every 2 hours. The pain they have caused is so bad, the victim would freeze in a tense position. They would then collapse afterwards. 

Sexual stimulation in any way within the grounds of the Fourth Stimpire is strictly prohibited, and anyone detected even touching their sexual organs will be subjected to a penectomy or if the offender was a female, they would then have a razor inserted into their ovaries. They would pump a blue solution into the womb until the stitchings burst. Offenders would also be forced to show their operated areas in public, and they would always harass and punch them to a pulp, against their will.

Otherwise, offenders would be tazed with the worst type of electricity in the systematic district, causing so much pain, the victim would scream and flail in madness. The pain would also triple every second, but no death would be incurred. This is also used in combat against enemy units, which is why all UEE forces must wear the upgraded suit to block this effect. 

However, enertainment is also questionable in UEE grounds. Sporting events end with the losing team being rounded into a grinder and shredded on live television, boxing matches end with the loser having their hands removed without anasthesia, flight races would end with the losers having their arms and legs removed, then being injected with insanity, for entertainment. People are also forced into these events, by undergoing a painful 127 hour procedure which involves tweaking the muscles so they will not listen to brain commands, and then having a painful drug injected which also causes madness if the player is not sporting. This is all for entertainment, and anyone not watching any of it during sporting times and cheering for the winning team, they will be imprisoned into galactic camps.

Snuff films are also broadcast, and actors are actually murdered just for entertainment. Stealth droids also guide these forced actors into behaving exactly as the director dreams, otherwise they will be punished by being placed into a macerator and having their execution written into the film. Any film that does not feature someone being murdered will be burned and the entire crew behind it will be executed in the most grotesque way possible - vivisection.

All executions are broadcast, and anyone who misses even a millisecond, even by blinking, will be executed. All citizens must boo to the person being executed, and the family is gathered to be injected with eternators, which cause pain forever, making them immoral but feeling the pain tenfold every millisecond. They cannot pass out, but they will feel like it forever.

Conquests by this Stimpire end in the planet being razed, and all the citizens being executed in the same way as their citizens are. The planet is then destroyed and all remnants of it are removed, and any memories of it will be erased instantly from civil minds. People who are also killed are also erased from memories, and all memories of them, including toys and pictures, are destroyed.

Prisoners undergo 40,000 years of relentless and endless labor, and anyone not complying is sentenced to the eternator injection. All prisoners injected with eternators are placed into capsules and launched into far space, then the room is closed tight to ensure maximum insanity. Some prisoners are also subjected to the removal of blood, the lungs, the liver, the genitals, the skeleton, the muscles, the eyes, and even the injection of pressure. Prisoners sentenced to pressure chambers are locked in until they are inflated to a high level. The decompression is then stopped to make sure they are inflated and uncomfortable.

Children born on the 14th of July are subjected to the removal of their skeleton and an implant of a silver liquid to replace it. The nervous sysem is also injected in various parts to ensure it is five times more sensitive than the average.

Restaurants also are ordered to serve civil meat, and anyone attending must give themself up to be cooked into a grotesque meal. They are cooked alive, undergoing extreme pain, and are then subjected to industrial grinders and blenders. The Stimpire orders at least 1 million citizens to be dispatched every day, as they are afraid the population may overthrow them. But only one planet is cared for, and the rest are banned from eating, drinking, talking, using technology, touching anyone, wearing unauthorized clothes, touching buildings, or walking a centimeter out of designated routes. Civil enforcers are on every planet, and they are engineered so that they are 40 times larger than the 300 quadrillion population. At least 7 billion die every 12 hours under this rule.

Thoughts are also surveyed, and anyone who does not think anything to loving the Stimpire with more than their capabilities will be sentenced to a prison. Prisoners who are punished for this violation will meet their greatest fear, only to have it amplified so they will turn insane as they imagine it exactly as they fear it. They then undergo a painful extraction of all fluids, to be replaced by a toxin which causes permanent irritation. The unknown substance keeps the subject aging normally, except they will never die. Prisoners punished in this way are unable to be reverted, despite many efforts, and they will never be able to be disposed.

The sickening truths have been revealed only today, and invigilation teams are still investigating the truths without setting foot in the galactic space of this sickening empire.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Whoever did gamescom 2016 and then the sandworm one definitely did this one too. Things have a very different feel when they have nothing to do with the janked to gently caress nightmare that is cig's actual product.

Chris seemed more than ever to be spouting complete blatant bullshit. Like saying 'it's all real' about the city and the poo poo about waves and just everything. He was in full dream selling mode and has to know his ability to harvest whale blood is gonna take a blow when people understand that 3.0 is the loving mvp and the fantasy finally comes into contact reality: the money is gone and this disastrously performing tech demo is the game

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Solarin posted:

Whoever did gamescom 2016 and then the sandworm one definitely did this one too. Things have a very different feel when they have nothing to do with the janked to gently caress nightmare that is cig's actual product.

Chris seemed more than ever to be spouting complete blatant bullshit. Like saying 'it's all real' about the city and the poo poo about waves and just everything. He was in full dream selling mode and has to know his ability to harvest whale blood is gonna take a blow when people understand that 3.0 is the loving mvp and the fantasy finally comes into contact reality: the money is gone and this disastrously performing tech demo is the game

you're just jealous, another citizencon and chris us showed how awesome star citizen will be in a dozen years, just you wait, goonie

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

When you think of it -

Chris has managed to find an audience willing to pay him $30m dollars per year to produce a CGI film series delivered in one-hour segments.

Most independent film producers would kill to have that sort of budget and live his lifestyle.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Golli posted:

When you think of it -

Chris has managed to find an audience willing to pay him $30m dollars per year to produce a CGI film series delivered in one-hour segments.

Also most of the film is ads urging you to fund production so you can get to see the ending.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

We have been defeated, the dream was real. I'm off buying a Aegis spaceship see u in the verse commandos

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
Wonder how long until you see the codes from the ssd on ebay like the AMD ones.

I'd almost buy one off someone if it were cheap enough, for laughs.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Hobold posted:

Wonder how long until you see the codes from the ssd on ebay like the AMD ones.

I'd almost buy one off someone if it were cheap enough, for laughs.

Looks like someone may be selling their golden ticket prize after using the code.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Ayn Marx posted:

We have been defeated

That part is true. It was six hours of presentations that I don't think anyone here sat through. The keynote was Star Citizen purgatory. A commando uneventfully floating through a morass of art. It was incredibly dull and numbing to the point that the part with the only amusing bug (NPCs standing on chairs) barely got a mention.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Enchanted Hat posted:

Am I being stupid, or does it make no sense for all these hundreds of stars to fly past when he's using the hyperdrive if he's just travelling within the same solar system? Like, on a galactic scale he's barely moved.

It's an animated starfield. Not the actual stars in the system. It's a common cheat we all use in these games.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Erenthal posted:

hahahah its a loading screen

It's not. It's an actual jump transition. Except it's so loving long and boring. I have a feeling they timed it so that they could be doing some loving around during that time, in an attempt to show a sense of "scale". Note, that's from Stanton (exists) to Hurston (doesn't exist).

----------------

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Beet Wagon posted:

the procedural cities thing is cool but I guarantee 90% of it is gonna be inaccessible and the other 10% is gonna be a clipping nightmare. During that whole flyover I didn't see anywhere that looked like people could walk around.

It's cute that you think any of that tech demo is ever going to be in anything related to Star Citizen.

As for the procedural tech. It's not new. Also it's absolutely not designed to be used for real-time games, let alone a loving MMO. If the 15-20 fps with only ONE client on a local LAN wasn't a clue, you should go buy a Pioneer to support the cause. :grin:

https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/Videos/PLZlv_N0_O1ga0aV9jVqJgog0VWz1cLL5f/mI7eYXMJ5eI/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmRggTwhiew

----------------

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Golli posted:

When you think of it -

Most independent film producers would kill to have that sort of budget and live his lifestyle.

I'd be into this, except it's better to just go watch starship troopers and blade runner and everything else their ideas are crobbed from. He's such a lovely hack he can't even invent decent fiction for this non existant game.

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.

Tokamak posted:

That part is true. It was six hours of presentations that I don't think anyone here sat through. The keynote was Star Citizen purgatory. A commando uneventfully floating through a morass of art. It was incredibly dull and numbing to the point that the part with the only amusing bug (NPCs standing on chairs) barely got a mention.

I think that demo needs a new soundtrack -- no dreamy sci-fi music with Kermit VO. It should be replaced with Full Burn.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Tokamak posted:

the part with the only amusing bug (NPCs standing on chairs) barely got a mention.

That was just an example of the brilliant subsumption AI playing an impromptu flashmob prank on the player. Those scamps!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

One of the nice things about Star Citizen at this point is that things have pretty much calcified into their existing properties. Nobody here is magically going to be impressed and decide that, indeed, Star Citizen is good and will impress the world. Similarly nobody on the other side is going to see that and magically go "wow, they didn't show any gameplay" and decide to get a refund. People will see what they want to see, especially given how good Chris is at providing just enough rope for people to hang themselves on their own dreams. What I saw was a lot of really impressive work for a game that nobody actually paid for. I see planets that would look fantastic as flyovers during a cutscene, art assets that would be really great in localized encounters, and plenty of generic (but still nice) content. If CIG had maintained the original concept of instances linked by cutscenes, or if it was for a single player Squadron 42, then I'd be pretty impressed. But since the content they revealed has minimal impact on the expected gameplay, they steadfastly failed to show any kind of multiplayer interaction (or any real gameplay to speak of), and since Star Citizen is supposed to be a MMO and not a single player game there isn't much to be excited about.

What I saw was basically yet another indication of the things that actually matter to Chris Roberts; grandeur, scale, and derivative content. Look at how many times he talked about things that sound impressive like all those NPCs, the size of various buildings, provided a reference to a superior work of fiction like Blade Runner or Star Wars. Look at how little he talked about gameplay loops, or introduced mechanics that players have been waiting years for, or addressed core issues like networking, performance, or the flight model. Look at how a game that was meant to be a space simulation barely even touched space; indeed the only relevant discussion regarding actual space travel was how Chris apparently thinks that waiting eight minutes to travel between planets is somehow good game design. Look at how he thinks that showing hundreds of "procedurally generated" city blocks will somehow enhance the player experience, or how having millions of square kilometers of empty territory will lead to a better experience than what you can already get with Elite.

Star Citizen is not a scam, it's an ego trip. It's hundreds of people working on something, and doing what looks to be some good work doing it, to stoke the narcissism of a failed developer who is more interested in maintaining the appearances of producing a AAA title than actually delivering it. What we saw today was absolutely an indication that they are burning millions and using up a lot of personnel, and they are delivering on things. The problem is that what they're delivering has no bearing on what people are paying for.

:perfect:

All I saw was a tech demo similar to all the crap we devs do on our own just to setup to see what I really can/cannot do in our games. Stuff gamers may never get to see. Some of it makes into the game, some don't. And you move on with what works.

Example. just last week I was doing an update for UCCE 3.0x (based on a known issue about the solar array) and came across code that I prototyped using a spreadsheet to see if I could actually use the Earth's tilt to calculate solar energy collection based on the ship's solar arrays in relation to that. A loving spreadsheet. I could simply have faked it, but I think I was already slowly losing my mind (this was back in early nineties btw) at the time, so any rational thought eluded me. Anyway, it wasn't until months later that I actually decided to try out my pipe dream because the issue of players actually running out of nuclear reactor fuel and getting stranded in deep space, started to be an issue - many games lost as a result. I had implemented an emergency tow function to combat that btw. So I implemented it anyway. And it just worked. Simply because I had tested is months before, but never actually wrote the code to do it because I didn't think it was actually going to be needed. Then it was.

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/922962688027910144

For any backer to have viewed this as anything but another tech demo of dreams, is the sort of reason why they keep giving CIG money. No, it makes no sense, but that's how life works. I believe they're just happy it wasn't an embarrassing repeat of GC2017 and they're just happy CIG brought enough lube for the shafting this time.

There will never - ever - be a game showing any of that poo poo. Right now - as I type this - they can't even get 3.0 in ANY decent working condition. And that's already almost a year overdue. And they have significant performance issues - even for a massively scaled down version of what they promised. But yeah, even seeing the 15-20 fps of a single player in local LAN, they're totally going to put that into a real-time game, let alone a loving MMO for a game that can't run more than 8 clients without falling over. And that level didn't even look as efficient as GTA-V which built a whole loving city, complete with dynamic LOD and very advanced vis - all because they built their own engine. And this yahoos think they're going to do any of that poo poo in any version of CryEngine.

They can go gently caress themselves.

----------------