Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Just killed my first klansman. Can't say how because it would spoil a surprise, but they're going to have to pick him up with a shovel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

nostalgia4ass is getting back into eve and I know for a fact a lot of you nerds play because only vets are broke brained enough for that game. would any of yall ever want to play together?

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

nostalgia4ass is getting back into eve and I know for a fact a lot of you nerds play because only vets are broke brained enough for that game. would any of yall ever want to play together?

no
loving
way
in
hell

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
also i've been thinking about playing through Fallout New Vegas again

Wish I could port it to the FO4 engine.

like make it like FONV Special Edition like skyrim

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

ded posted:

no
loving
way
in
hell

I've played with I LOVE COCK SALAD before

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Ahahaha gently caress no.

That game is much better to read about than to play.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Those days are gone.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

I've played with I LOVE COCK SALAD before

man

i was in loving ATUK

edit : also i loving love gigabit. i set FONV to download, go to grab a beer and it's done

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Arc Light posted:

I had the opposite problem with the Bethesda Fallouts. They're set hundreds of years after atomic warfare. I'd expect the cities to be almost fully overgrown (given that the lore precludes rebuilding East coast American society). Instead, nobody's ever bothered looting most of the buildings, and skeletons are perfectly preserved for centuries, in the exact positions where people died. The few pockets of peaceful survivors basically live in a vacuum, surrounded on all sides by endless tides of super mutants and raiders.

New Vegas did it way better. Society moved on, people re-formed society and built their own new world in the shadow of the old one. Anyplace worth visiting has already been re-purposed by successive generations of survivors, and people collectively formed real societies to stave off raiders/mutants. Mechanically it's a much better game, but also conceptually.

Ugh, if I weren't engrossed in the new Wolfenstein, I'd roll up a new FO:NV character.

Yeeeep.

Bethesda Fallout: Oh gee shucks watch out for Generic Raiders attacking our homes made of toilets!!!

Obsidian Fallout: How the gently caress y'all ain't got functioning governments and poo poo? God drat.

Unrelated, the new Assassin's Creed is really, really fun. It's also loving gorgeous. I'm zooming around as a cat deity and shoving spears into chumps.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

Vasudus posted:

God drat, Shadow of War has a lot of content. Almost too much content. I'm still barely scratching the surface (level 15 and can't even dominate yet, still in the second zone) but I straight up ignore the lore dump that the artifacts and stuff give.

I took ages to get dominate as well, but in hindsight it might be better to rush through the story to get dominate and that way you can dominate captains when you’re loving around instead of killing them?

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

A Bad Poster posted:

As a "congratulations for having a computer again you idiot" gift, my buddy bought me Stellaris. Goodbye real world.

Hmm Stellaris eh?

I wonder what that's about?

Oh it's on offer.

*4 hours or watching little blobs move round the screen later* gently caress YOU RANDOM GOON.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

All I've managed to do in a month is getting blown up a couple of times doing exploration ( never in wormholes or null sec though. Both times were in low sec). And mine a poo poo ton of ice while trying to train my other guy into manufacturing.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Dude McAwesome posted:

I took ages to get dominate as well, but in hindsight it might be better to rush through the story to get dominate and that way you can dominate captains when you’re loving around instead of killing them?

Yeah that's what I did. I didn't realize that it was a few story quests away so I just went and did them. Now I'm going to 100% the forest map before moving on because reasons.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

Vasudus posted:

Yeah that's what I did. I didn't realize that it was a few story quests away so I just went and did them. Now I'm going to 100% the forest map before moving on because reasons.

Oh poo poo yeah. The more you do the more skill points you can get to gently caress up Orcs. So it’s win/win. Also, Bruz is ridiculous cos he just pops up to say hello and poo poo when you’re midway through fighting dudes and then fucks off again.

Unrelated, Destiny 2 on PC is fun. I’ve yet to get too grindy with it, but it’s made a pretty good first impression.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Do the commanders stop sending the alarm if you aren't spotted for a while?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Searching twitter for “Wolfenstein racist” is hilarious.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Not a fan of getting stuck at a checkpoint because they dont give you any supplies

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Ahahaha the stuff with Hitler is great

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

Searching twitter for “Wolfenstein racist” is hilarious.

https://twitter.com/Valent11/status/924344867001643008

https://twitter.com/TheKrieger/status/924147604979462144

https://twitter.com/BarryWirth/status/924040452109508608

https://twitter.com/RareShiftshape/status/924037295421788160

https://twitter.com/DrownedBurrito/status/923942242900836353

That last one is from a black dude :thunk:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Maybe shut the gently caress up about the political stuff in this thread. Also guess where I am.

Yeah yeah I have infinite health, just using it to avoid environmental damage while taking screenshots. Also switched to windowed mode because the Steam overlay and hotkeys aren't working for me in borderless.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

Steam overlay and hotkeys aren't working for me in borderless.

Oh good that isn't just me. It's loving weird how this game has issues with borderless fullscreen :(

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

So the ending is kind of abrupt. It kicks you back to the sub to do the other ubercommander missions if you want, and the sub vault should open in ten days so we'll see what's in there then. I get the feeling the real resolution is going to be in the DLC (unfortunate) or in Wolf III.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Got some real body horror poo poo going on with this gear. I picked the constrictor upgrade and now I can squeeze through pipes about wide as my head

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

brand engager posted:

Got some real body horror poo poo going on with this gear. I picked the constrictor upgrade and now I can squeeze through pipes about wide as my head

You can find the other gear in the side missions. Picked option 2 and then found your pick in a level, but still haven't found the stilts.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Dragon’s Dogma Dark Arisen is 12 bucks in green man gaming for PS4.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

This hitler cutscene is loving incredible. best part of the game so far

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

cowboy elvis posted:

Dragon’s Dogma Dark Arisen is 12 bucks in green man gaming for PS4.

It's a really good RPG. I paid like 40 bucks for it last year and I regret nothing.

edit: I'm down to the last kingdom in Shadow of War, still technically in Act 2 I think? I don't recall there being anything saying I was in Act 3. I'm level 33. I got the achievement for bringing a grunt up to overlord completely unintentionally. I was fighting a really lovely warchief, ran up a wall to a ledge to get a stealth kill (that would refill my health fully) and a random goober smacked me and killed me, getting promoted to captain/epic. I then went out to kill him, and got ambushed by a goddamn dragon at the absolute worst time, using up a last chance; this caused the captain to enrage and then kill me a second time, becoming a warchief/legendary. I then got turbo pissed and found him then intentionally brutal executed him, cleaving him in two. I'm out sieging the castle and surprise surprise, this fukkin orc comes back with the new title "The Machine". So this time around I dominated him and let him rule the kingdom. He's earned it.

Vasudus fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Oct 29, 2017

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

brand engager posted:

This hitler cutscene is loving incredible. best part of the game so far

When you go back later, check the chair at his desk. There are piss stains. You can also find a letter from him to the new commander with a paragraph done in the style of a Trump tweet.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

Vasudus posted:

It's a really good RPG. I paid like 40 bucks for it last year and I regret nothing.

I bought it on steam but haven't played that game yet. Maybe once I finish Divinity I'll play that one.

In other news I landed 2 SKS kills at 800 meters in PUBG with the longest being 809 today. Played like poo poo tonight in squads though.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

When you go back later, check the chair at his desk. There are piss stains. You can also find a letter from him to the new commander with a paragraph done in the style of a Trump tweet.

I want to believe

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
The new Assassins Creed being open world is really neat. All kinds of poo poo is just happening all over the place that you can stumble upon.

Like this!

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Super Mario Odyssey is real great. If you own a Switch or are thinking of getting a Switch, do it for this game. Metro Kingdom and New Donk City is a lot of worth it alone. It is a lot of fun and reminds me of Galaxy in a good way.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
bruz why

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Lol

Some russians shovel ware in early access

http://store.steampowered.com/app/736600/Piccle_Ricc/

hey morty, morty come here quick
i turned my self into shovel ware morty

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

how do i catch that god drat bird in mario

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Yesterday i found that if you charge over slime/oil you can slip and miss your swing. You can also critically fail that swing and hit yourself. You can also critically damage yourself and you if you have an axe and the proper skills you can cutoff a limb or even behead yourself.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

He mad

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

:stare: that guy needs therapy and that woman needs a woman's shelter like, now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

FrozenVent posted:

:stare: that guy needs therapy and that woman needs a woman's shelter like, now.

Looks more like someone took a photo of their squalid basement and made up some LOOK AT ME GETTING MAD AT VIDEOS GAMES GUYS story