Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

syscall girl posted:

Remember winmodems :allears:

:nallears:

Those were some dark days. (But also not made by Microsoft.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Wasabi the J posted:

MX Anywhere 2 has better multi device connectivity, Bluetooth 4.0, Darkfield laser (meaning better tracking on more surfaces), similar in size, has more programmable buttons, and Hyperscroll.

For the same price I'm not sure why anyone would consider the Lenovo. It isn't even a fair comparison.

poo poo, I think Logitech offers a weird thin mouse that has full out gesture support or something for like half the price.

But you would have to try really hard to beat the MX Anywhere for travel mice.
All right, thanks, I didn't even notice the MX Anywhere because it looked like a full size mouse pretty much, though it clearly is a bit more compact than normal. In terms of specs, yeah, it's much better of course. The weird Logitech mouse is actually like $20 more expensive here than the Lenovo but whatever, I'm not too concerned about that or to be honest the actual DPI or the darkfield stuff.

I really wanted something small that could be stuck in a pocket or sleeve, with the performance and ergonomics being a tradeoff since I wouldn't be using it full time. But since nobody seems to have any experience with these wedge mice I just need to decide if I want to risk it or go safe with the MX.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I have the original MC Anywhere and it's the perfect travel mouse.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
If that's what you wanted, look at the Microsoft Arc Mouse: https://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-ELG-00001-Arc-Mouse-Black/dp/B072FG8LBV/ and click on the product video.

I make no endorsement on it, it's just the only mouse that I know of that can be "stuck in a pocket or a sleeve" and doesn't bulge like... well. You know.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Oct 27, 2017

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Josh Lyman posted:

I have the original MC Anywhere and it's the perfect travel mouse.

Heck, it's a really good regular mouse too. I've been using one for work and home for the past seven years as it was the only ambidextrous mouse I liked until the G900 came along, and I only got that when it was on sale for $100 CAD. If you can solder, just get a strip of replacement microswitches for a couple bucks and you'll be able to keep it running forever.

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009
My new Mionix Castor has this problem where sometimes (often), if I've lifted it from the desk and then put it down again, the cursor won't move and just sort of vibrates slightly unless I swing the mouse around a bit, and then it's fine. Works fine otherwise, the clicks work when the cursor is sticking and what have you. I got a black cloth mousemat at the same time. Is this a problem with the mouse sensor or the surface? It won't work at all if I try to use it on my bare desk or on a piece of plain paper.

Edit: Just gonna get a refund for the drat thing.

Dr Snofeld fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Oct 27, 2017

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
The new intellimouse is nearly 130g and has some garbage office sensor unfit for enjoyable gaming, so don't get too excited about it

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
I need a new MMO mouse - one of those ones with the twelve button grid on the side. I've used a couple Razer Nagas, but it's stuck double left-clicking and the mouse wheel isn't rolling well. What are the good options these days for mmo mice?

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

staberind posted:

I have a weird fetish for Cheapo Chinese Mice, I've owned razr, plenty of logitech, multiple madcatz etc, and my present mouse I just got randomly from ebay, a Redragon Perdition.
12 thumbs like the logitech layout, cheesy red and black colouring. you should be able to find it for about 30 bux. or a third of the mouse its emulating, of course it has zany chinese config software, but its honestly not so bad at all.
http://www.redragonzone.com/Home/Product/item/id/37.html

Arivia posted:

I need a new MMO mouse - one of those ones with the twelve button grid on the side. I've used a couple Razer Nagas, but it's stuck double left-clicking and the mouse wheel isn't rolling well. What are the good options these days for mmo mice?

Probably find it on ebay or amazon. search for redragon perdition.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

staberind posted:

Probably find it on ebay or amazon. search for redragon perdition.

I said a good option, not a $30 cheapo from China I probably couldn’t even get in Canada.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

A bunch of "cheapo" options from China are actually real good. Sorry he tried to save you a buck or two.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Vegetable posted:

A bunch of "cheapo" options from China are actually real good. Sorry he tried to save you a buck or two.

really good at what? :confused:

Mayne
Mar 22, 2008

To crooked eyes truth may wear a wry face.
At being a cheap mouse for everyday use.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Mayne posted:

At being a cheap mouse for everyday use.

well if that's their only condition, I guess that's fine. :)

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
I bought a white logitech G203 a few days ago and it came in. Tweaked the light settings, sadly it can't do a convincing brown color :nexus: but I like it a bit better than the G100s I was forced to migrate to as the left button on my G1 starting going flaky. Particuarly the cord, I hate the cord that the g100s has. The only think I can dink the G203 for so far is needing to install their dumb software to adjust the color and that the cable is a bit short.

sarr
Mar 24, 2008

Praise the Sun!
Anyone tried the Logitech Powerplay thing? I was considering doing the jump to wireless since it seems Logitech really nailed it with the recent top models.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
The powerplay mat works. The battery life in the G703/903 is really long anyway though, so it's pretty much just a gimmick gadget that should lead to future improvements and innovations.

nftyw posted:

The only think I can dink the G203 for so far is needing to install their dumb software to adjust the color and that the cable is a bit short.
logitech isn't razer, their software suite is very good and lightweight

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
I've never used Razer before so I don't have that experience, but I'll keep it in mind if I ever have to. From what I have seen from a problem someone had with their gaming laptops I haven't the highest opinion of their support.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Arivia posted:

I said a good option, not a $30 cheapo from China I probably couldn’t even get in Canada.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Redragon-M90...sAAAOSwARZXle3f

I have been using this non-stop for work and play for over 2 years, if it was poo poo, I would not have recommended it.
(just for you, I made it more expensive) (Jk, its your micky mouse money)

honestly, I am as surprised as anyone here, behind me i have the logitech this is based on, (yes, white.) and 2 (two) R.O.D.E.N.T (of some description, i dont care, mad katz are stupid) M.M.O. T.E. and I am still using this.

astral posted:

really good at what? :confused:

my computer has a slotload drive for S T Y L E so i just downloaded th drivers from their site, and then had a nice close look at them, they are not turning my puta into a bitcoin slave.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Coxswain Balls posted:

Heck, it's a really good regular mouse too. I've been using one for work and home for the past seven years as it was the only ambidextrous mouse I liked until the G900 came along, and I only got that when it was on sale for $100 CAD. If you can solder, just get a strip of replacement microswitches for a couple bucks and you'll be able to keep it running forever.
We don't have the Arc Touch mouse available and the older one seems to be RF only and I don't want to use the dongle.

So I think I'm going to go with the MX Anywhere, I'm not fully sold on the weird flat mice. What's the difference between the 2 and 2s? The 2s is a bit more expensive but otherwise identical as far as I can tell :iiam:

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Anyone know a mouse pad the same size as the QCK XXL (35"x15") but with a stitched edge?

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Razer Goliathus, off the top of my head.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Razer Goliathus, off the top of my head.

Goliathus is only about 11" deep, it's what I was using before. Or 13 for the Large, but then i lose the width.

Koskun
Apr 20, 2004
I worship the ground NinjaPablo walks on

Deviant posted:

Anyone know a mouse pad the same size as the QCK XXL (35"x15") but with a stitched edge?

A quick Amazon search yielded this one.

I picked up this for 8 bucks or something earlier this year and it has a nice stitched edge (though the size is smaller than what you are looking for).

I make no claims to the quality of that first one, it was just one that matched your size requirement.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Are we to expect any kind of good deals for black Friday? I think last year the g403 wired went for $35 - but I can't remember if the wireless was ever on sale?

If it gets to $50 I'd definitely pick one up.... I can wait a month to save $50.

doctorthefonz
Nov 17, 2007

I've been using this one for about a year and I love it! The stitching is really consistent all around, it cleans up really easily, and doesn't slide around much. The amazon pic makes it look like the corners curl a little but mine is nice and flat.

edit: and the logo is nice and small and out of the way, I just rotated mine so I never actually see it

doctorthefonz fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Nov 1, 2017

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Pad curl is fixed by throwing the pad into your dryer on the lowest heat setting for 5 minutes.

doctorthefonz
Nov 17, 2007

Shoot, good to know :cheers:

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Deviant posted:

Goliathus is only about 11" deep, it's what I was using before. Or 13 for the Large, but then i lose the width.

If the depth requirement is a little flexible, the Corsair MM300 is 36.61" x 11.80" with a stitched edge.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

mobby_6kl posted:

So I think I'm going to go with the MX Anywhere, I'm not fully sold on the weird flat mice. What's the difference between the 2 and 2s? The 2s is a bit more expensive but otherwise identical as far as I can tell :iiam:

The 2S seems to have more battery life and a 4000dpi sensor vs. 1000dpi on the regular MX 2. It also looks like it has Logitech's version of Synergy to let you move the mouse between different computers, which might be kinda neat depending on your workflow. It'd be handy for being able to move between my workstation and my laptop when I'm at my desk and it's just acting as an extra monitor, but my old MX is still chugging along so it's not something I'd bother upgrading for.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Thanks for all the suggestions, but I really wanted the extra 15" depth. Guess I'll stick with the QCK XXL

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Is it worth it to get a mouse with Bluetooth over one with an old-style USB receiver? I need to buy a mouse and I was thinking of getting something similar to my old Logitech mouse, like the M507. That got me thinking whether I should use ones with Bluetooth instead, though.

doctorthefonz
Nov 17, 2007

Deviant posted:

Thanks for all the suggestions, but I really wanted the extra 15" depth. Guess I'll stick with the QCK XXL

fwiw the one i posted is 36"x18" with the "Pro 36 Tall Heavy" amazon option which is bigger & thicker + i think the stitching is nice but ymmv

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Pollyanna posted:

Is it worth it to get a mouse with Bluetooth over one with an old-style USB receiver? I need to buy a mouse and I was thinking of getting something similar to my old Logitech mouse, like the M507. That got me thinking whether I should use ones with Bluetooth instead, though.
Bluetooth is worse for mice than a good USB wireless dongle. The only reason for bluetooth is if you are hard up for USB ports or hate dongles.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
I have a G900 (and a couple of Logitech), and while I like my QcK, it's a pain to clean and ends up looking kinda crappy.

Are there any other mats that might get the job done? The Dex looks interesting, but I have no idea of how it feels and works, so what are some other options?

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Uhhh I think my G603 has died already. It won't connect for more than a second, I've tried it in different USB sockets, different computer, restarting. No joy. Any clever ideas before I do a warranty claim?

ufarn
May 30, 2009

knox_harrington posted:

Uhhh I think my G603 has died already. It won't connect for more than a second, I've tried it in different USB sockets, different computer, restarting. No joy. Any clever ideas before I do a warranty claim?
If it's new, it's probably not a loose connection in the cable. My FILCO requires little more than a sneeze to disconnect, but that's due to the short cable and USB's lack of locking mechanisms.

For something with that much hassle, I'd just warranty it and save myself the trouble, present and future.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Coxswain Balls posted:

The 2S seems to have more battery life and a 4000dpi sensor vs. 1000dpi on the regular MX 2. It also looks like it has Logitech's version of Synergy to let you move the mouse between different computers, which might be kinda neat depending on your workflow. It'd be handy for being able to move between my workstation and my laptop when I'm at my desk and it's just acting as an extra monitor, but my old MX is still chugging along so it's not something I'd bother upgrading for.
Thanks! The DPI difference is huge of course but the store neglected to make such a useless parameter clearly visible.

Pollyanna posted:

Yeah the RF dongles work perfectly and are probably better overall as kaschei said. I'm going for bluetooth as I'd be sometimes using it with a tablet that doesn't have a full size USB port, and if it did, I wouldn't want to take it up with the mouse.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
The MX Master has a receiver but also does Bluetooth. I have it paired with my work desktop (USB), work laptop and Surface Pro via Bluetooth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
here's a trick they don't put in an obvious place with the MX Anywhere mice: You don't need to load two batteries into it, it will run just fine with one. I find it to be a distractingly-heavy mouse with both batteries in.