Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I managed to snag an Arena A ticket which I guess is the benefit of having to go alone because all my friends think liking wrestling is weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Osaka rules too but if you're just visiting for a short time it's probably best thought of as a base with easy access to both Kyoto and Kobe with awesome food in the meantime.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Johnny Landmine posted:

Osaka rules too but if you're just visiting for a short time it's probably best thought of as a base with easy access to both Kyoto and Kobe with awesome food in the meantime.

I got Arena B. Keeping my fingers crossed for New Year Dash.

We're also going to check out Kyoto and Osaka as well as Hakone.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Weird question for the guys living in Japan but do you have any idea how busy the theme park at Mt Fuji would be around that time of year? I want to go back because it was really cool but there were so many people last time and also my body was aching from climbing Mt Fuji. Plus it would be nice to see Mt Fuji with snow on top of it.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Fuji-Q Highland? I don't know about that particular park from personal experience but it looks like they'll be open throughout the New Year holidays, and since that's usually the second or third longest span of the year when people get time off, I'd expect it to be pretty crowded. Crowds should drop off on weekdays after around January 3rd, but Monday the 8th is also a holiday next year, so heads up.

This site has a calendar showing anticipated crowds for 2017. It's all in Japanese but the important parts are pretty self-explanatory; white is not particularly crowded and red is "lol why did you think this was a good idea."

Johnny Landmine fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Oct 26, 2017

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/STRIGGA/status/923212787920359425

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
If any of you sitting on the floor aren't cheering for Juice Robinson I will nail you with a beer can

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Geez, that sounds really bad. One would hope that this leads him to re-evaluate returning to the ring, but alas, much like Bryan he is probably too obsessed with being wrestler than to not try a return.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Thauros fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Oct 26, 2017

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

this is the second "NJPW is surprised they are popular in the west" story this year after the G1 Special selling out in hours thing. Maybe this inspires them to make things a little easier for foreign fans by improving the translation of World, letting us order proper merchandise without going through Tenso and letting us join the fan club to get our hands on presale tickets.

Signor
Oct 10, 2005
Huzzah!
Back to general Japan visiting chat, if you're looking to get out of Tokyo and experience something different, a Ryokan in Nikko is really enjoyable. You can do a day trip or stay overnight but it's very tranquil, has some amazing temples, and some great nature as well and it's only an hour or so on the train out of Tokyo.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

he knows...

Signor posted:

tranquilo
sold

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

whatasurprise

Dave posted:

Matt Riddle is not on the New Japan Tag League tour after all...The story is that Riddle had been in talks to do the tour and it was just about a done deal, but before being finalized, things changed. The belief is that Bushiroad, the New Japan parent company, found out about his UFC marijuana test positives

SLUM KING
Nov 16, 2011

SLUM KING posted:

I was able to reserve 2 Arena A tickets on the Lawson site. But I need to pick them up from a Lawson by 10/28. I live in America. I am probably not gonna get these tickets.

Yes I’m quoting myself. Thought I could find someone to pick these tickets up for me but it’s been a bust. Any of you folks in Japan and near a Lawson and cool enough not to take my money and run? I’d throw some extra yen your way to make it worth your while.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Sure. PM me or e-mail me at nineissix at gmail and I'll try to hook you up.

e: may wanna hustle if the deadline is before midnight on the night of the 28th though, since it's already about 6 PM on the 27th here.

TheJunkyardGod
Sep 19, 2004

Do not taunt the Octopus

Mr. Swoon posted:

I was at an art museum last weekend and saw a girl in a BC shirt. It really isn't an uncommon thing these days.

The old lady at the Wal Mart deli counter gave me a too sweet when I had my BC shirt on. It's beyond mainstream now.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Meltzer put over the Naito video https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/924189511902306304

Willninho
Aug 14, 2007
I know the jr tags will never mean much so it's somewhat of a waste of Hiromu but him and BUSHI are such a great team and them versus Kawato/Kushida should be great if there's any meaning to it ever.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Reminder that the second half of the jr tag tournament's 1st round is tomorrow. The semi-finals are at the same time on Monday. I don't have the UK/IE time listed as Euro DST ends right around the same time so I really don't have a clue.

The highlights other than the tournament matches are a now relatively rare Rocky Romero in ring appearance and a collection of great workers in the Tana vs, Ibushi buildup match

Road to POWER STRUGGLE
October 29th at 5:30 EDT
Korakuen Hall

Juice Robinson and David Finlay vs. Bullet Club (Yujiro Takahashi and Leo Tonga)
CHAOS (Hirooki Goto and Toru Yano) vs. Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki and Takashi Iizuka)
CHAOS (Will Ospreay, YOSHI-HASHI and Beretta) vs. Bullet Club (Kenny Omega, Marty Scurll, and Chase Owens)
Hiroshi Tanahashi, KUSHIDA. and Hirai Kawato vs. Kota Ibushi, Dragon Lee, and Titan
CHAOS (Okada, Ishii, Rocky, SHO, and YO) vs. Los Ingobernables de Japon
Super Jr Tag Tournament Rd 1:Jushin "Thunder" Liger and Tiger Mask IV vs. Suzuki-gun (Yoshinobu Kanemaru and El Desperado)
Super Jr Tag Tournament Rd 1:Taguchi Japan (Ryusuke Taguchi and ACH) vs. Suzuki-gun (Taichi and TAKA Michinoku)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Still 2 months to go

https://twitter.com/EvanDeadlySinsW/status/924361600227840000

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

So if they match last year's November/December, that'd put them at a little over 350k and a little over 10% growth? Pretty good.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

ACH & Taguchi's tag team has a name...

https://twitter.com/GoGoACH/status/924532235776147456

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
NICE

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Commentary has been saying it so it's def the official name

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
main event loving ruled

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Tomorrow's show is at the same time 5:30 EST/9:30 GMT, but we don't know the full card and I'm guessing it might not be released at all.

Road to Power Struggle
October 30th at 5:30 EDT/9:30 GMT
Korakuen Hall

Super Jr Tag Tournament Semifinal:Roppongi 3K vs. L.I.J (Hiromu and BUSHI)
Super Jr Tag Tournament Semifinal:Super 69 (Taguchi and ACH) vs. Suzuki-gun (Kanemaru and Desperado)

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

abraham linksys posted:

main event loving ruled

yeah it did. ACH was clearly very happy to be there and is a perfect match for Taguchi

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I'm really pleased ACH has a seemingly permanent spot now with NJPW, I think it's insane ROH missed the bus on him AND Cedric Alexander, certainly lends credence to the whole "ROH doesn't like pushing multiple black people".

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

he knows...
we need to call swimp to mend taguchi's damaged hole

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

they still haven't added an undercard so it's safe to say it'll be a mystery Korakuen aside from the two semi-final matches.

Went back and watched the undercard I missed from his morning and Beretta challenged Omega to a US title match at Power Struggle. Expect that to be added when the full card is announced

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
That's going to be a tough sell. Not as much as YOSHI-HASHI, but still, no-one's gonna buy Kenny's losing the title before the Dome, especially not to a guy who's barely had a singles match in the last what, 5 years?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Could just be a test run for Beretta as a singles heavyweight guy, I don't think they're expecting him to actually put asses in seats here.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

tanahashi/ibushi is headlining..

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

it's also been sold out for weeks which is why they haven't even bothered to announce the card except for three matches yet

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Yesterday was a bit of a nothing card, and I think a lot of that comes from back to back Suzuki gun tags as a card topper.

Is there a reason everyone keeps riffing on Nakamura?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Yesterday was a bit of a nothing card, and I think a lot of that comes from back to back Suzuki gun tags as a card topper.

Is there a reason everyone keeps riffing on Nakamura?

in taguchi's case that's been part of the gimmick since before Nakamura left. He had a parody shirt a couple years back

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

here's the card for this mystery show, as announced at top (I mostly typed this out to avoid watching the opener)

tiger mask & liger vs taka & taichi
yano & goto vs suzuki & izuka or whatever chain guy is called
yoshi-hashi, baretta, ospreay vs omega, owens, scurll
tanahashi, kushida, kawato, makabe, kitamura vs ibushi, dragon lee, juice robinson, titan, david finlay
okada, ishii, gedo vs naito, evil, sanada
taguchi & ach vs despy & kanemaru
sho & yo vs bushi & takahashi

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Oct 30, 2017

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

HOLY gently caress KENNY

https://twitter.com/reasonjp/status/924939882249588736

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

korakuen hall crowd very angry at trent for breaking up a kenny and scurll kiss, and, hell, same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
ibushi/tana is going to be loving awesome.

• Locked thread