Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BraveJoe
Feb 18, 2010
Wentz should be a Brown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

BraveJoe posted:

Wentz should be a Brown

No. Because that would require the Browns to not do something dumb like trade their pick.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

BraveJoe posted:

Wentz should be a Brown

Wow, really? Just because he makes some plays with his feet we get this?

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

axeil posted:

During the meeting where Bob McNair called his players prisoners Jeff Lurie said he supported the players' right to kneel for the anthem.

Lurie may be the best team owner in sports.

I dunno he did get a mail order vietnamese bride fwiw.

He just seems like the prototypical center right neoliberal that tolerates whatever social norms are hip as long as it doesn't hurt profits. A step up from men that envision themselves as plantation owners for sure, but certainly no saint.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
"best team owner in sports" is a pathetically low bar to clear with regard to social issues hth

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

TheChirurgeon posted:

"best team owner in sports" is a pathetically low bar to clear with regard to social issues hth

I pretty much live on that strategy in my dating life

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Asproigerosis posted:

I dunno he did get a mail order vietnamese bride fwiw.

Because every Asian woman is a mail order bride?

That's pretty racist man.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

TheChirurgeon posted:

I doubt Jerrah can even see where the bar is anymore.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

CyberPingu posted:

I doubt Jerrah can even see where the bar is anymore.

:agreed:

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly
Calvin Johnson to the Eagles is apparently a thing.

https://twitter.com/BrandonGowton/status/924653480987578374

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender
The Lions still hold his rights through either 2019 or 2020 iirc

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

El Patron posted:

C*** K****'s Wild Ride siren begins flashing. I suddenly vomit into my own mouth. I spit it out and all my teeth come with it. My fingernails are bleeding at the edges.

I can't wake up.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

El Patron posted:

I sincerely hope Calvin comes back to the NFL. I don't even care if it's to Philadelphia, since they seem pretty set on receivers. Detroit broke him and let him chase a ring someplace.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

El Patron posted:

Hmmm... I saw the thing about Detroit being approached about his rights and I was thinking the Giants, for obvious reasons. But yeah, why would he want to come back for a team with 1 win and no chance at the playoffs?

on a related note, Howie Roseman is a god among GMs.

a new study bible! posted:

I sincerely hope Calvin comes back to the NFL. I don't even care if it's to Philadelphia, since they seem pretty set on receivers. Detroit broke him and let him chase a ring someplace.

Not really set though... Torrey Smith has sucked. Most of us would like to see rookie Mack Hollins getting his snaps, but Megatron would be even better.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender
It'd be interesting to see how it would happen. Neither Detroit nor Philly has the cap space for Johnson's current contract and I'd be curious to see what the trade value for Johnson would be

e: Johnson's cap hit in 2017 was in the neighborhood of $17M. The Eagles/Lions have around $7M in space

TheChirurgeon fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Oct 29, 2017

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Maybe Calvin Johnson is just going to Philadelphia for fun and history

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/dhm/status/924675440245125121

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Haters will say it’s ‘shopped

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I want Howie to acquire a LT instead

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I sure was wrong about Jalen Mills and Mychal Kendricks.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Kendricks has made so many huge plays this game. It’s incredible.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
Eighteen

And

One

Is

Real

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

aBagorn posted:

Eighteen

And

One

Is

Real

The Eagles already have a loss. I think you mean 17-2.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Go Redskins!

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

aBagorn posted:

Eighteen

And

One

Is

Real

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

What a game! That DL alone may bring us to the promised land. Secondary played some really good football today and while the LBs missed a few opportunities with Beathard scrambling and Hyde breaking free, I thought the unit was adequate. Better than you'd have thought after they lost such a key player, anyway.

I can't say I was pleased with the line play tonight especially with their no name LBs never getting picked up by TEs or RBs and ripping Wentz up (which was incidentally the only thing I was afraid of today). I also wonder what will happen if Big V isn't the answer at LT. Do they put WARMACK there? The play calling was also often suspect. They ran too predictably and they didn't get faster backs that could take advantage of the weaker 49er defenders until the second half. What would have worked a lot better is throwing slants and screens when the run game was getting stuffed on first down. Barner should live on S/T and stay there, stick with Blount/Smallwood/Clement. Receivers looked pretty decent, especially that catch from Alshon where the ball wasn't even thrown very well but he recovered it for that incredible TD. Despite all of these complaints they didn't need to play too well against this football team so I'll chalk it up to they phoned it in against a winless team.

Initially saw some nice Eagles fans trying to fight a guy with a 49ers throw blanket on like a cape, then we got up to the presidential club and met Charle Young, even got a pic with the guy! It was pretty nasty out with the rain but the atmosphere was electric. If you guys can get out to any games this season I highly recommend it, I can't remember the last time I saw the crowd so responsive and into it.

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly
https://twitter.com/StevenAlbritton/status/924705164774305793

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Holy poo poo the Eagles are really going all or nothing this season

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

I think a replacement LT or MLB would be better...

Our WRs have been playing well.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

axeil posted:

While that is true can you really balk at the idea of Calvin Johnson joining our team?

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly

axeil posted:

Would normally agree but it's loving Megatron we're talking about here.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Diqnol posted:

While that is true can you really balk at the idea of Calvin Johnson joining our team?

Dream Team

It's Week 9 at minimum when he gets here. He doesn't know the system. He hasn't played since 2015. Our WRs are playing quite well together. While he *might* improve the team he's old as hell, expensive, it's unclear how good he is, and it would keep us from gaining anyone at other positions hurt by injury. It's a bad investment.

I mean if we get him for like a million dollars or something sure but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
I like that all of this stemmed from a dude tweeting about seeing Calvin Johnson on an airplane.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

CyberPingu posted:

Holy poo poo the Eagles are really going all or nothing this season

I don't blame them. Even assuming either the cowboys or Redskins fix their poo poo, the eagles have the keys to the car and they need to haul rear end away from the rest of the division.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Shinjobi posted:

I don't blame them. Even assuming either the cowboys or Redskins fix their poo poo, the eagles have the keys to the car and they need to haul rear end away from the rest of the division.

Yeah I mean if we can manage to get him for cheap and find a LT solution then I'm all for it. I just don't see how that's possible.

The last time we were 7-1 was 2004.

Don't hope, don't hope, don't hope...

:ohdear:

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
That was a good game and the Eagles dominated the 49ers pretty handily in the second half but the offense was weirdly ineffective. I’m not sure how much was the weather and how much was the o-line but Wentz was getting swarmed and Blount seems to either bust one for 15+ yards or get -2.

Also lol extra points.

e: and the Megatron thing is probably a dumb rumor but gently caress yes let’s make that happen

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I am staunchly against Calvin Johnson coming to the Eagles if it means less playing time for future hall of famer Macklemore "Mack" Hollins

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Fun fact: Eagles can clinch a playoff spot by Week 15 even if every other team in the hunt (SEA, LA, ATL, CAR, NO, WAS, DAL, GB, DET, MIN) wins all their games (which is obviously impossible).

What I'm saying is, I want the Eagles to clinch a playoff berth before December.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Are the cowboys the most penalized team in the league the last ten years?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

The Bengals?

• Locked thread