Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Can't wait to go to the moon, in 6.0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

I mean, they show the moon. There's nothing there except Elidibus and the WOD. I think that's just where they wanted to hang out to have a suitably ominous establishing shot.

Besides, they're nigh omnipotent interdimensional beings without a permanent corporeal form. "Being on the moon" seems like it would be a little limited for them.

This is the franchise where there have been multiple dungeons inside the moon. There will be one in FFXIV and the inside will probably be a trippy bizarre extradimensional space.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I guess I just don't see it being quite as inevitable as you guys do.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

I guess I just don't see it being quite as inevitable as you guys do.

I mean your argument is "well, yes, they established the villains are based on the moon, showed the villains on the moon talking, but that doesn't actually mean anything and they will never again use the moon" which sounds significantly more unlikely.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

They're inevitably going to have a lunar colony residential district.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I said it doesn't necessarily mean that. They could have instead shown them in a dark room like pretty much every other stinger, but on the moon overlooking the planet just looks cooler. I didn't say that it's never going to happen, I just don't have the same level of certainty as you guys.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Dalamud used to be a moon. So technically we've already fought inside of a moon three times (for those of us that have done Coil.)

The real question to 'are we going to the moon' is 'how are we going to get there' not 'are we going to the moon.'

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Also it doesn't really help that that's literally the only hint at going to the moon. It hasn't come up again in over two years of plot development. Instead we're going with Elidibus trolling the emperor, which imho is a lot more interesting than "the bad guys are on the moon, let's go to the moon".

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Gruckles posted:

They're inevitably going to have a lunar colony residential district.

That district should look something like this.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Yeah that's why they won't release the moon expansion until the story is like "okay we've driven them back to their home, the moon, let's go and finish the job" and then all the ascians are dead and we can take a vacation to meracydia

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

most popular MMOs have you visiting a moon sooner or later

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Flavahbeast posted:

most popular MMOs have you visiting a moon sooner or later

oh god not moongates

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
The only Moongate that matters in the FF series is the freakin' Tower of Babel.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
in a game with evil space wizards that are on the moon, which is also an evil moon god, making plots from the moon, in a game series which is famous for a game in which you get on a ship and fly to the moon to fight evil space wizards, and an evil moon god, i think we will go to the moon

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
idk, "the moon" is where some of the most iconic ff moments are, if they blow golbez & team on a 24-man or an Omega tier i'll be convinced otherwise, but until then the moon does seem pretty inevitable

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

EponymousMrYar posted:

The only Moongate that matters in the FF series is the freakin' Tower of Babel.

Well there was the Lunar Gate in FF8 but uh. Lets just have a radical Ultimecia fight in Omega instead of anything at all to do with Adel.

Leofish posted:

That district should look something like this.

This is clearly a Martian colony, not a lunar colony. :colbert:

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
a lunatic pandora instance where 3 parties of 8 have to battle through a monster-strewn city to get on board a spaceship in time and beat up adel would be pretty cool, actually

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
Isn't there some lore stuff about the Alagans having a bunch of space poo poo? I mean, aside from sticking bahamut in a bottle and tossing it up real high?

What Im saying is, next Azys Lla on the moon, TIA.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Gonna grt to the moon in 2020 and my first sight will be people picking at rocks and fishing in moonholes

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Thundarr posted:

This is clearly a Martian colony, not a lunar colony. :colbert:

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
:golfclap: Very good.

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man
Was there actually more evidence of the moon poo poo other than the one stinger? Obviously it's better storytelling if that stinger suddenly randomly being on the loving moon is actually relevant but on the other hand it could've just as well been just a suitably ominous spot to meet a dude who can't come into the special cosmojizz realm all the assians hang out in.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Farg posted:

in a game with evil space wizards that are on the moon, which is also an evil moon god, making plots from the moon, in a game series which is famous for a game in which you get on a ship and fly to the moon to fight evil space wizards, and an evil moon god, i think we will go to the moon

I just rememberedd the whole Lunar Cry thing from ff8 thanks to you. Holy poo poo was that buried.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Hra Mormo posted:

Was there actually more evidence of the moon poo poo other than the one stinger? Obviously it's better storytelling if that stinger suddenly randomly being on the loving moon is actually relevant but on the other hand it could've just as well been just a suitably ominous spot to meet a dude who can't come into the special cosmojizz realm all the assians hang out in.
It's literally stated by Hydaelyn that Zodiark was banished and became a moon in Word of the Mother MSQ cutscene

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://twitter.com/shellie_chippi/status/924290857120837632

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I stand corrected.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
me as a level 90 FSH on the moon

https://youtu.be/60BjkUtqxPE

Frumply
Dec 7, 2004

The Rising event from a few years ago that had all of the developer stand-ins had YoshiP jokingly mention that the first expansion would possibly be on the moon.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I have no idea what I'm looking at here.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

DizzyBum posted:

:same: but i'm enjoying the ride

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

They solved the heavensfall knock into towers successfully, then the orange zones in the third picture chase you around the arena.

Then Bahamut returns to his normal rotation and based on the time passed and HP totals, the first two pictures are the fifth and final based on datamining Trio mechanic.

It's the furthest part of the fight publically known so far.

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

DizzyBum posted:

Dragons casting their equivalent of Knights of the Round, sure, why not. :stonk:

re: the moon: Yeah, we're probably going there, whether on board an Allagan rocket, a Garlean one, the back of Midgardsormr, or by hitching a ride on Omega. No shortage of things that can fly through space in this setting.

More importantly, after like 20-something runs of Castrum Abania, I finally got my Ethica and never have to go there again. I can understand people not getting Number XXIV's element-shift mechanic right away, but I'm amazed at how many parties completely screw up the STAND ON THESE THINGS mechanic that he has. It's the same indicator as like 20 other STAND HERE mechanics you'd have to have gotten past to get to that point!

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

More importantly, after like 20-something runs of Castrum Abania, I finally got my Ethica and never have to go there again. I can understand people not getting Number XXIV's element-shift mechanic right away, but I'm amazed at how many parties completely screw up the STAND ON THESE THINGS mechanic that he has. It's the same indicator as like 20 other STAND HERE mechanics you'd have to have gotten past to get to that point!

Count yourself lucky it was only 20-something. I can't even count how many times I've done Baelsar's/Sohm Al HM, both when it was current and afterward, and I have never seen the tank chestpiece drop. I've seen the dog three times in Baelsar's (and won it twice) but never the tanking coat.

I kind of want the healing chest from Xelphatol/Gubal HM, now that I'm leveling SCH, but I'm dreading the possibility I may never see it.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Fister Roboto posted:

Also it doesn't really help that that's literally the only hint at going to the moon. It hasn't come up again in over two years of plot development. Instead we're going with Elidibus trolling the emperor, which imho is a lot more interesting than "the bad guys are on the moon, let's go to the moon".

This is FF14. This game frequently acts as a love letter to the franchise as a whole, and the "classics" in particular. Final Fantasy as a franchise has a habit of going to the moon, and particularly did so in the game that really made the company (FF4). Take that into account with Ascians on the moon and the likelihood of Zodiark BEING the moon and yeah, it's a really really safe bet we're going to go to the moon eventually.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

what if the big reveal is that we were on the moon the whole time, and zodiark is actually the planet

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

I'm loving sorry are those the goddamn motherfucking dragon helpers from loving T9 and also Ultimate Phase 2 just chilling in the outside in that upper right screenshot

gently caress my life

E: Twin and Bahamut are up there too so this is the fifth trio attack oh my god why would you do I can't even

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ainsley McTree posted:

what if the big reveal is that we were on the moon the whole time, and zodiark is actually the planet

Would certainly make the whole 'travel inside the planet to talk to momcrystal' thing a little confusing.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Yoship is gonna make the moon crash into Eorzea and you're going to have to use your flute to play a song every 72 hours to reset the moon crashing into Eorzea.

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

Leofish posted:

Count yourself lucky it was only 20-something. I can't even count how many times I've done Baelsar's/Sohm Al HM, both when it was current and afterward, and I have never seen the tank chestpiece drop. I've seen the dog three times in Baelsar's (and won it twice) but never the tanking coat.

Well, that's not counting the other 15 or so times I ran it to get the matching tome for my Summoner. :shepicide:

They are pretty though! The butterflies fly around a bit when you open them and everything. Which completely matches Ruin IV's new spell effect, come to think of it.

Phone posted:

Yoship is gonna make the moon crash into Eorzea and you're going to have to use your flute to play a song every 72 hours to reset the moon crashing into Eorzea.

Does that mean I'll have to level ARC/BRD?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Ainsley McTree posted:

what if we're just