Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Maxwells Demon posted:

You don't want fissile material to roll or to be able to gather in a sphere. So coin-shaped is the default these days.

Edit: like this

Coins will roll dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bozart
Oct 28, 2006

Give me the finger.

xtal posted:

Coins will roll dude

on the plus side they are easy to stack

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Helios Grime posted:

Remember the Molasses disaster from 1919? There is now a one person reinterpretation for it from Russia.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5011457/Mother-dies-molten-caramel-gushes-tank.html
(sorry for the dailymail link, didn't find a better English source)

quote:

Reminds me of the tragic case when a worker fell into a vat of fruitcake mix, and got dragged under by a strong currant.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
My Grandfather drowned in a vat of varnish. It was a horrible end, but he had a beautiful finish.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Why is this rear end in a top hat in the cabby hat so pissed to be around such a bitchin' dog?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

New Zealand can eat me posted:

This is a sexy tire boob

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

tire tiddies.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

*screams internally*

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Say Nothing posted:

My Grandfather drowned in a vat of varnish. It was a horrible end, but he had a beautiful finish.

:getout:

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Say Nothing posted:

Dad?

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Let me tell you, after being mostly on-board with PPE, having a drill bit snap and gouge the lens of your safety glasses makes you an instant true believer. :pray:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Nuevo posted:

Let me tell you, after being mostly on-board with PPE, having a drill bit snap and gouge the lens of your safety glasses makes you an instant true believer. :pray:

Yep. I've got a pair of safety goggles with hazy rough pockmarks melted into the lenses where I got a spray of carb cleaner (xylene, acetone, methylene chloride) in the face. Without the goggles it would have been right in my eyes.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
That brake clean spray poo poo is not fun to get in your eyes, ask me how I know

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

`Nemesis posted:

That brake clean spray poo poo is not fun to get in your eyes, ask me how I know

poo poo that can't feel good, I used to take oil off of concrete with that poo poo.

Farmdizzle
May 26, 2009

Hagel satan
Grimey Drawer

`Nemesis posted:

I can say with authority that actual DOT3 brake fluid isn't much better in that regard...

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

`Nemesis posted:

It's hillbilly wasp nest destroyer around here.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

ive got a pair of not safety glasses with a nice gouge in one lens from when a line releasing 4400 psi compressed air hit me in my idiot loving face and would have taken out my eye if i wasnt wearing them. gave me a pretty healthy respect for ppe and also how insanely lucky i am

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

ChesterJT posted:

It's hillbilly wasp nest destroyer around here.

One of the absolute most useful things you can buy in an aerosol can

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

No mate, this is a solvent.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Groda
Mar 17, 2005

Hair Elf

shame on an IGA posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

shame on an IGA posted:

Is there an edit with MH370 in the picture?

SelenicMartian fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Oct 28, 2017

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Nuevo posted:

A guy at one of our other stores had a removed iPhone battery suddenly inflate and explode, scorching his hand and getting something in his eyes. He recovered by the end of the day, but I went out and bought a pair of goggles to fit over my glasses.

My glasses seem to be enough to deal with the occasional bits of glass we get when removing screens, but I think an exploding battery might be a bit much.

EssOEss
Oct 23, 2006
128-bit approved
Aircraft remover is a total scam!

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

EssOEss posted:

Aircraft remover is a total scam!

So that's what happened to Malaysia Airlines Flight 370...

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

:eyepop:

E: haha my new av rules

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

poo poo, we didn't learn that one this week. I *just* finished my IRATA Lvl.1 assessment this morning. Climbing ropes to get to the jobs instead of scaffold now.:shrug:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

YOU SEE IVAN

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

Sockington posted:

poo poo, we didn't learn that one this week. I *just* finished my IRATA Lvl.1 assessment this morning. Climbing ropes to get to the jobs instead of scaffold now.:shrug:

Do tell more!

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Xir
Jul 31, 2007

I smell fan fiction...
Handy that his last holstering has modified his pants to better accommodate the muzzle.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Accidental discharge.

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

tactical crack

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

`Nemesis posted:

gently caress no. Worse than gasoline in both eyes.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Hexyflexy posted:

Accidental discharge.

There is no such thing. Negligent discharge is the proper term.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
What about that gun that fires when you shake it gently? Finger no where near the trigger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Ak Gara posted:

What about that gun that fires when you shake it gently? Finger no where near the trigger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9_YWNo1f-o&t=61s