Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Caros posted:

Uh, do you know what jury nullifcation is? Because a not guilty verdict would suffice in your example.

My point was that if you know about Jury Nullification you're more informed than most people who are likely to be on a jury and are less likely to fall for prosecutorial bullshit.

Gyges fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Oct 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Is that big guy in the front the same one from Charlottesville? He was in a ton of photos, but I'm having a hard time finding any now for some reason.

He is btw. Same vest.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Crow Jane posted:

I also have jury duty coming up. Would saying I have absolutely no faith in the Baltimore police or justice system get me disqualified, do you think?

Last time I got summoned I had to sit in a stuffy room watching horrible romantic comedies for seven hours and never even got called up, it was the worst.

You were very likely tapped for a panel that ended up settling out of court. This happened to me and the judge had the decency to come and tell us this instead of us just being dismissed at 6:00pm without an explanation.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Fitzy Fitz posted:

He is btw. Same vest.

Weird my google for "dumb hick nazi fucker" didnt find him immediately

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Crow Jane posted:

It's more or less the truth, but honestly I'm too much of a coward to try. I don't mind serving, if it comes to that, but it'll probably be another day spent sitting on a hard plastic chair watching J Lo movies. At least I'll get 15 bucks, I guess

Out of all of the jury summons I've received, I only had to show up at court one time. It was federal & for this trial -> https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Portland_car_bomb_plot

I was the final juror not selected and I openly said I wasn't sure I could be impartial because I didn't trust that the FBI wasn't out there entrapping the low hanging fruit. In the end I got paid $35ish a day from the feds for 2 and half days of hanging out in the courthouse. And instead of going back to work for the afternoon on the third day I went day drinking.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Tatsuta Age posted:

Weird my google for "dumb hick nazi fucker" didnt find him immediately

He's pretty bad. After Charlottesville alot of the more prominent bios circulated and as I recall, this fucker is a life-long Nazi fucker with militant leanings and criminal histories that would make your skin crawl.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

quote:

"I cannot believe the media produced such beautiful children," Trump said.

this man's brain is smooth and long and does not resemble a pile of yogurt at all.

quote:

"How does the press treat you? I'll bet you get treated better by the press than anybody in the world," he added. "These are beautiful, wonderful children. You’re gonna grow up to be like your parents. Don't answer."

"That can only get me in trouble, that question," he added.

goddamn i am so loving embarrassed by this man

quote:

As the visit winded down, Trump joked that the children could stay but that their journalist parents should get out.

"They can stay," he said about the kids. "The parents, maybe not so much."

:wtf:

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

highme posted:

Out of all of the jury summons I've received, I only had to show up at court one time. It was federal & for this trial -> https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Portland_car_bomb_plot

I was the final juror not selected and I openly said I wasn't sure I could be impartial because I didn't trust that the FBI wasn't out there entrapping the low hanging fruit. In the end I got paid $35ish a day from the feds for 2 and half days of hanging out in the courthouse. And instead of going back to work for the afternoon on the third day I went day drinking.

I've been selected for jury duty 3 times. All 3 times I never even set foot in the courthouse as the case they were going to seat plead out.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Your Taint posted:

I've been selected for jury duty 3 times. All 3 times I never even set foot in the courthouse as the case they were going to seat plead out.

Most of my summons were on the county level where you call in the night before to see if your number was selected.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

highme posted:

Most of my summons were on the county level where you call in the night before to see if your number was selected.

That's what mine was.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

SirPablo posted:

The Very Fine People have battle shields now.

Unsurprisingly the cops banned everyone from bringing shields and weapons but have mysteriously overlooked everyone on the Nazi side.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe
The only good thing that ever came out of Tennessee was Jack Daniels whiskey.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

KickerOfMice posted:

You need to go to Nashville, son.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Oh for one stealth bomber to just drop a payload on them all.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

You need to go to Dollywood, son.

Fixed it for you.

Nashville is a pit.

EDIT: Dollywood isn't much better, but at least it has the benevolent spirit of Dolly Parton protecting it's residents.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/JackSmithIV/status/924324217314861057

I'll admit it, I laughed. :v:

Zoro
Aug 30, 2017

by Smythe

https://twitter.com/natalie_allison/status/924371213060800513

They got cucked hard.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I'm only going to contribute to the jury duty detail because the last time I was called in the case was about a domestic dispute involving a plate of spaghetti. That was all they told us. I wasn't chosen for the jury, and it haunts me to not know what happened.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

KickerOfMice posted:

Beale Street and the Grizzlies and the May Festival. Memphis is good.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I'm only going to contribute to the jury duty detail because the last time I was called in the case was about a domestic dispute involving a plate of spaghetti. That was all they told us. I wasn't chosen for the jury, and it haunts me to not know what happened.

A sad world we've become, where a family member can be demeaned and beaten by a plate of spaghetti.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

KickerOfMice posted:

A sad world we've become, where a family member can be demeaned and beaten by a plate of spaghetti.

White shirts are no match for slippery pasta in red sauce.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Captain Invictus posted:

Apologies if this was posted already but it's fantastic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7Uy0Uznw4E&hd=1

I would hope that we would be rising up before that happened.

This seriously picked up my spirits today, thank you!

Zoro
Aug 30, 2017

by Smythe

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I hope she made lots a' spaghetti!

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Fitzy Fitz posted:

A literal Noodle Incident.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

Captain Invictus posted:

Apologies if this was posted already but it's fantastic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7Uy0Uznw4E&hd=1

This is amazing

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MichaelEHayden/status/924300471396904961

Now this is a message that'll unite people

JasonV
Dec 8, 2003
Jury Nullification. That's where a bunch of racists don't get themselves removed from jury selection and then, regardless of the evidence, they decide to put the black person in jail or let the white supremacists go free, right?

TrekBek
Mar 27, 2013

slug life
I just saw the weirdest poo poo about Trump and Melania on CNN, gushing over them having a cheek kiss and her not visibly curling away from his touch as if this is a great whirlwind romance.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Munkeymon posted:

Now this is a message that'll unite people

That man is woke as gently caress, also Brady is a Trump supporter so honestly gently caress him.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

TrekBek posted:

I just saw the weirdest poo poo about Trump and Melania on CNN, gushing over them having a cheek kiss and her not visibly curling away from his touch as if this is a great whirlwind romance.

CNN, Trump will never like you. Stop trying.

TrekBek
Mar 27, 2013

slug life
I mean, it was done by that one reporter whose Reporter Voice always makes her sound vaguely sarcastic? But, I just don't know.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
The secret to getting out of jury duty is to be both well informed and opinionated as all hell.

My one time getting called was just after my father had sliced his toe with a lawnmower, so I was fully prepared to argue to the panel I needed to be at home to help take care of him while he recovered. From the questions I got on the questionnaire, the case they were preparing for seemed to involve unions and on-site accident compensation, and it just so happened I was related to someone who was in just that situation a few years prior, and I honestly answered that was the case.

After we came back from break, I was removed on the first round of dismissals.

(also, I'm pretty sure either becoming a billionaire or serving at least at state-level of political office permanently removes you from the jury rolls)

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

JasonV posted:

Jury Nullification. That's where a bunch of racists don't get themselves removed from jury selection and then, regardless of the evidence, they decide to put the black person in jail or let the white supremacists go free, right?

Don’t blame the tool, blame the user. In the right hands jury nullification is a good and useful thing.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/924384813682962432

:byewhore:

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Hillary has no bounds on the depths on what she will do.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Glazier posted:

Don’t blame the tool, blame the user. In the right hands jury nullification is a good and useful thing.

So, not in the hands of the US justice system.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Why now?

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

A slightly darker take on this otherwise magical event:

Der Meister posted:

stone insinuated AT&T is going to fire a bunch of CNN people once the takeover is complete. basically saying Trump is using regulatory approval to leverage bringing CNN to heel. lol

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

He flipped his poo poo and started explicitly harassing Don Lemon last night, calling him a "covksucking" "partyboi" "liar", and called Charles Blow a "fake news piece of poo poo".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Kerning Chameleon posted:

(also, I'm pretty sure either becoming a billionaire or serving at least at state-level of political office permanently removes you from the jury rolls)

Obama just got called up for jury duty so I don't think that's quite right.

• Locked thread