Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BovineFury
Oct 28, 2007
I moo for great justice!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfYOiI3-rCE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

The General posted:

What if they're a nazi?

Look sometimes the right thing to do isn't the legal thing to do.

BovineFury
Oct 28, 2007
I moo for great justice!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyyIiNK2zss

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
https://i.imgur.com/qAnhkiK.gifv

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

Is that the new

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

mng posted:

Is that the new

Heheh. I never get tired of that one.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Oh thank God. I feel much better now.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
i like how this derail pretty much started with one dude incredulously asking how you'd know the guy in the mosh pit is a nazi as if they aren't actually literally showing up wearing swastika armbands at metal shows (pro tip: yeah no, they literally are, and/or swastika & ss lightning bolt tattoos etc)

my neighbor in texas was a nazi, and i knew it because he had the nazi eagle tattooed on the front of his throat, SS lightning bolts on one arm and swastikas on the other arm, and you could see 'em because he'd wear a wife-beater specifically to show off those tattoos so people could see that he was a nazi, because he was proud of himself for being a nazi

"oh but it's such a slippery slope because people on the internet call everybody a nazi for disagreeing with them" well in real life there are actual literal nazis who self-advertise as actual literal nazis, because they're actually, literally nazis

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

InediblePenguin posted:

i like how this derail pretty much started with one dude incredulously asking how you'd know the guy in the mosh pit is a nazi as if they aren't actually literally showing up wearing swastika armbands at metal shows (pro tip: yeah no, they literally are, and/or swastika & ss lightning bolt tattoos etc)

my neighbor in texas was a nazi, and i knew it because he had the nazi eagle tattooed on the front of his throat, SS lightning bolts on one arm and swastikas on the other arm, and you could see 'em because he'd wear a wife-beater specifically to show off those tattoos so people could see that he was a nazi, because he was proud of himself for being a nazi

"oh but it's such a slippery slope because people on the internet call everybody a nazi for disagreeing with them" well in real life there are actual literal nazis who self-advertise as actual literal nazis, because they're actually, literally nazis

I'm boring and don't go to mosh pits so hell if I'd know that peo- sorry, Nazis were just out and about walking around with swastikas and poo poo on them.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

No, you are obligated to call them a wise guy and maybe try to slap them. But be warned they may duck your slap resulting in your hitting someone else who wasn’t previously involved in the altercation.

But, what about spinning around with a 2x4 on your shoulder in self-defense?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

I'm boring and don't go to mosh pits so hell if I'd know that peo- sorry, Nazis were just out and about walking around with swastikas and poo poo on them.

I saw a guy at a gas station just north of here with a huge HH 88 tattoo across his whole neck. "Here" is the San Francisco bay area.

:smugdon:

e: i mean tbf it only implies the words "Heil Hitler," it could certainly be an acronym for some other phrase and the 88 is just a coincidence

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Sagebrush posted:

I saw a guy at a gas station just north of here with a huge HH 88 tattoo across his whole neck. "Here" is the San Francisco bay area.

The training institute at my workplace had two Nazis show up who work for the same construction company in Florida. One of them had 1/3 of his neck tattooed as the Confederate flag and both of them had multiple visible swastikas, Thor's Hammer, and in one case a very poor tattoo of marching brownshirts.

I looked them up and they're both members of American Front, arrested in 2012 after an undercover cop found them planning to start a race war by attacking people at an anti-racist protest. They were on a compound in St. Cloud and even had a white nationalist from the National Guard training them.

They just don't give a poo poo. Nazis tend to be very, very proud about being Nazis.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
The schadenfreude is from goons making out they'd be throwing any actual punches.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Sagebrush posted:

e: i mean tbf it only implies the words "Heil Hitler," it could certainly be an acronym for some other phrase and the 88 is just a coincidence

Herbert Hoover class of '88

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

InediblePenguin posted:

That was me, and I've never seen someone with those at a metal show, and it was unrelated to the derail really. Then again (again) I don't live in the US.

Don't get me wrong, there are nazis here too but I guess they are more low key than wearing nazi tattoos or arm bands at metal shows. They have their own admittedly Nazi bands and shows for that.

Don't really go into pits anymore, I got old and don't want to break my glasses, but it was pretty common for there to be some assholes there who had the wrong idea who'd get elbowed but never noticed them specifically being nazis.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Samizdata posted:

But, what about spinning around with a 2x4 on your shoulder in self-defense?

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

RareAcumen posted:

my neighbor wasn't in a mosh pit, he was just in the neighborhood, existing, with his nazi tats hanging out because nazis exist in america and are proud of themselves for it, at least in Texas

haven't seen any openly "hi i'm a nazi look at my nazi swag" nazis in New York so far but I'm sure they're around too, tbh

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

https://i.imgur.com/J8KTY8L.mp4

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

What am I looking at, ruptured oil tank?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Admiral Joeslop posted:

what did you just call me?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

I mean, now in 2017 I'm not surprised but from the story I'm assuming this was like a few years ago at the latest. Like, 2013 at the earliest.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

canyoneer posted:

what did you just call me?

You heard me. :colbert:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Yeah, it looks like the guy tore a hole in his oil pan by driving over that metal thingy.

Luckily that thirty feet or so isn't enough time for the oil to fully drain and cause engine damage, provided he shut the car down as quickly as possible. It'll be an irritating repair, but replacing the oil pan and oil is a hell of a lot cheaper than scrapping the engine because a piston seized.

Like this guy for instance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJ0S_NJxVK0&t=180s

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
We have an unfinished muppet for a president. The time for assuming the best of people has come and gone.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

This is some total cow-ninja-parkour right here, and I think that the guy lands in cowshit (observe the stain on his jacket when he gets up). That little calf needs to be elected sheriff or something. It would take no guff from idiots.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Ariong posted:

Yes, it is too much to ask me to reduce my chances of survival in order to preserve the life of the person who is trying to kill me.

Yeah but you literally don't deserve to live?

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts
I regret everything.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

https://i.imgur.com/lg2WHgA.gifv

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon
As a German, I.....

quite like this video, especially from 0:43

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pk8g86S8CRY&t=43s

I'm...sorry, I don't want to derail, just "inform" you of an important difference:

Self-defense laws in Germany are different, because you are not expecting every-loving-one to have a deadly weapon with easy-mode on them. I never was afraid of being shot in Germany in my life.

First gun experience:
Kid in other 5th grade played with dads weapons.The story was it was a gun with blanks (Schreckschusspistole) and he put it on his ear, pretending to shoot himself. And then pressure to the ear something killed him. Maybe that was just the story for us kids. But he was definitely dead.

Second gun experience:
2 years ago or something 5 towns over the owner of a Sportwettenbüro, Sports gambling thing, was shot on the street in the night.

That's it. Otherwise I never heard from anyone I know (or someone that knows someone that knows someone) about a gun related death. Or even a stabbing. Making deadly weapons illegal for everyone to "just carry around" and restrict access to the most deadly ones has quite a nice effect, like, for feeling safe.

Come to Frankfurt, I'll show you around. At 3am in the red light district. We can start trouble with dudes on the street or even some Türstehers if you want.
We then will be asked to leave or may catch a beating. But we won't get shot. Maybe i can start a tourism thing here under that premise........

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

This is some total cow-ninja-parkour right here, and I think that the guy lands in cowshit (observe the stain on his jacket when he gets up). That little calf needs to be elected sheriff or something. It would take no guff from idiots.

The cow should have the guy's job and the guy gets turned into burgers.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

RabbitWizard posted:

Kid in other 5th grade played with dads weapons.The story was it was a gun with blanks (Schreckschusspistole) and he put it on his ear, pretending to shoot himself. And then pressure to the ear something killed him. Maybe that was just the story for us kids. But he was definitely dead.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon-Erik_Hexum

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I mean, I’ve also never personally heard of anyone I know being shot or stabbed or doing any shooting or stabbing. That doesn’t mean I’m going to assume that nobody ever gets shot or stabbed in a fight or home invasion.

Like, knives exist? Even when they’re illegal to carry concealed?

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

RabbitWizard posted:

Come to Frankfurt, I'll show you around. At 3am in the red light district. We can start trouble with dudes on the street or even some Türstehers if you want.
We then will be asked to leave or may catch a beating. But we won't get shot. Maybe i can start a tourism thing here under that premise........

Tourism thing for 3am in the red light district? I imagine there is tourism things there already for that, but hell go for it.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/bad-judge-resigns-after-hes-outed-as-a-bad-judge/article/2638773

A dirtbag judge resigned after public attention was brought to how much of a dirtbag he is.

quote:

In August 2016, “Mother A,” an African-American resident of Jackson, was traveling through Pearl while looking for employment. She was a passenger in a friend’s car, and her child rode with them in a car seat. When the car was stopped for a minor traffic violation, it was discovered that both adults had outstanding warrants for routine misdemeanor offenses. Upon arresting the women, the officer contacted DHS claiming that the child was “abandoned” as a result of the women being detained. The baby’s grandmother arrived on the scene within minutes, yet the officer still insisted that the child be taken before Judge [John] Shirley at the Pearl Youth Court. Less than half an hour later, Judge Shirley awarded custody to the baby’s grandmother. An order was later entered prohibiting “Mother A” from having any contact with her baby until court fees were paid in full.
:stare:

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

chitoryu12 posted:

I mean, I’ve also never personally heard of anyone I know being shot or stabbed or doing any shooting or stabbing. That doesn’t mean I’m going to assume that nobody ever gets shot or stabbed in a fight or home invasion.

Like, knives exist? Even when they’re illegal to carry concealed?

Uh, I think I forgot to clarify that my gun experiences were that! Like, that's it. I found a more toy-like gun with blanks in my grandfathers drawers after he died, but otherwise I don't even know anyone owning a (real) gun. Or came in contact with one during my whole life.
And yes knives exist and recently some dude in a skyscraper broke a window and threw like 5 knives a second into a crowd and I think over 50 people died. But that's freedom I get behind, because I need to cut onions.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Please don’t conflate owning a shotgun for home defense with owning several assault rifles for mass murder.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
I keep one shotgun for mass murder.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

RyokoTK posted:

Please don’t conflate owning a shotgun for home defense with owning several assault rifles for mass murder.

You can use a rifle for home defense, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017

Holy lol they spelled his name wrong in the tribute

quote:

"When a star dies, its light continues to shine
across the universe for millenniums.
John Eric [sic] Hexum died in October of this year...but the lives he touched will continue to be brightened by his light
...forever...and ever."