Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Real Name Grover posted:

C'mon man, we have First Friday artwalks like all lib oases

Also,

Woof

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

You all just don't appreciate folk art because you're a bunch of East Coast elitists.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

but that isn't a painting and clearly looks like either colored pencil or pastels :colbert:

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

What the hell kind of fine art is there in Nebraska

Not Nebraska, but most people don't know that Tulsa has an insane museum scene.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

So if you want Matt Campbell, you gonna owe Iowa State hella dollars

TL/DR: Matt's buyout after this year is $9,400,000.

That's not a typo.

E:

FBScoop posted:

In the closest recent example we could find, Colorado State tried to fence in Jim McElwain with a $7.5 million buyout. The Gators eventually smoked McElwain out of Fort Collins thanks in large part to a public campaign run by then-AD Jeremy Foley that made the idea of McElwain returning to Colorado State impossible for both sides, but Florida wasn’t stroking a $7.5 million check to get him. Instead, Florida paid $3 million, McElwain himself covered $2 million and Florida made up the difference by paying Colorado State $2 million for a game at The Swamp in 2018.

That was Florida, a blue blood of college football, and still $7.5 million was too much for them. And Campbell’s buyout in nearly $2 million higher than that. Now add in the $4 or $5 million salary Campbell would command, a similar number he would require to pay his staff, and you’re looking at a price tag approaching $20 million in the first year alone to extract Campbell from Ames.

DJExile fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Oct 24, 2017

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

I gave up my OG title for this.

Kim Jong Il posted:

I'll add Dino Babers to the list. Baylor was stupid not to go after him last year. His tenure hasn't been perfect, but dude knows how to coach offense, and I think he'd be insane with better talent.

James Knapke is not a Babers fan.

EDIT: Jeff Brohm's 2017 Buyout number is $5.9 Million.....the .9 is the money Purdue loaned him to buyout his WKU deal.

wernox fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Oct 24, 2017

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I’m seeing all kinds of rumors about Mac being out soon at Florida. Please be true.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

nachos posted:

I’m seeing all kinds of rumors about Mac being out soon at Florida. Please be true.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
So how toast is Bert

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Benne posted:

So how toast is Bert

"Why did I leave Wisconsin..." probably.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

Get that rich Orange Baron from Yeehaw Junction to back up a dump truck of money to Chip's house.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

an adult beverage posted:

Get that rich Orange Baron from Yeehaw Junction to back up a dump truck of money to Chip's house.

Please don't speak about our President that way

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/AschoffESPN/status/924400217083932672

ahahahahah yes!!!!

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Is loving a shark cause?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

iospace posted:

Is loving a shark cause?

i think that's ok but lying about receiving death threats or receiving death threats and failing to give the UAA any info about them is cause

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry
Good call doing 3 runs between the tackles for the same result, PSU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

MatildaTheHun posted:

Good call doing 3 runs between the tackles for the same result, PSU

Wrong thread

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Just pay the buyout, whatever Mac did is probably pretty dumb but it's not worth sending this message to the next coach you want to hire.

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Just pay the buyout, whatever Mac did is probably pretty dumb but it's not worth sending this message to the next coach you want to hire.

What message? That if you violate university policy and possibly the law that there are consequences? gently caress that noise. I know he's really being fired for lovely results on the field, and this wouldn't be a thing is he was winning but man whatever "message" it sends to other coaches I am 100% ok with.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

The rumor is that UF is negotiating a reduced buyout with his agent. If he doesn't take it, they will do the "for cause" firing and let it run through the courts for a few years.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

After Muschamp and Mac the next UF coach is going to have it on easy mode as long as the offense has a pulse.

torturemyballs
Feb 25, 2015

drunk leprechaun posted:

What message? That if you violate university policy and possibly the law that there are consequences? gently caress that noise. I know he's really being fired for lovely results on the field, and this wouldn't be a thing is he was winning but man whatever "message" it sends to other coaches I am 100% ok with.

Ya but what if they're eyeing bobby petrino?? What now, mister??

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

nachos posted:

After Muschamp and Mac the next UF coach is going to have it on easy mode as long as the offense has a pulse.

Yeah I'm sure everybody will be hunky dory when they're losing every game 56-35 instead of 28-10.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
That is some loving bullshit if Mac is fired before Butch

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I want to hire

...uh...

lol

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Ehud posted:

I want to hire

...uh...

lol

Steve Spurrier for permanent interim coach

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
kiffin to florida already has the ink dry fyi

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

General Dog posted:

Yeah I'm sure everybody will be hunky dory when they're losing every game 56-35 instead of 28-10.

I would literally be fine with losing year 1, 56-35

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

vyst posted:

I would literally be fine with losing year 1, 56-35

Sure, I'm just saying if it was 5 years of that they'd be just as unhappy.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
My god, I just saw that Georgia passed the ball 7 times

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

General Dog posted:

Honestly yeah. At least the losses would be entertaining football rather than boring 5 TDs through 8 games or whatever we have now.

2007 8-4 Florida is a great example. Awesome offense with Tebow's Heisman season with a green, lovely defense. Sure it was frustrating that the defense held the team back, but I enjoyed watching the team that year even with the mediocre record. I'd rather have 2007 Florida not even winning the east, but being fun to watch, than 2015-2016 Florida winning the east but like watching paint dry.

And I'm not too worried I guess about the defense since Florida has had ten years of pretty great DC hires:

Charlie Strong (Texas, Louisville, USF HC)
Greg Mattison (DC Ravens, Michigan)
Teryl Austin (Lions DC)
Dan Quinn (Atlanta Falcons HC)
DJ Durkin (Maryland HC)
Geoff Collins (Temple HC)

Ehud posted:

I want to hire

...uh...

lol

Chip Kelly baby.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
florida is going to hire charlie strong and we're all going to regret it horribly

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
No one forced Florida to give McElwain such a high buyout. Seems pretty short sighted to not just pay the man what he was guaranteed and move on from your mistake. Not like Florida is lacking for money.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

come on butch davis to florida

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Randy Shannon Interim Gators HC

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Dilber posted:

come on butch jones to florida

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

why go for the knockoff when Al Golden is available. He's got NFL experience now!

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Steve Sarkisian might be available again in a few months. He has both Saban ties AND NFL experience!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Adun posted:

No one forced Florida to give McElwain such a high buyout. Seems pretty short sighted to not just pay the man what he was guaranteed and move on from your mistake. Not like Florida is lacking for money.

yeah totally why would the university want to save millions of dollars? it's not like it would keep the boosters happy or anything.

• Locked thread