Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
I imagine it'll be like the Rebirth special. On release day it's 2.99 or whatever, and then subsequent reprintings will be sold at a higher price.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoro
Aug 30, 2017

by Smythe
That's a lot more reasonable. There is NO WAY I'd buy a 30 USD comic sight-unseen.

Also, it looks like DC had the common sense to cancel a story for Trinity that would have been Batman, Wonder woman, and Superman defending Milo from a mob of angry protesters in a story that would have been titled "Divided We Fall", according to BC. Good job dodging that bullet, DC. Don't know if that's old news, but it autoplayed on the article about Action Comics 1000.

Zoro fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Oct 25, 2017

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

lotus circle posted:

I imagine it'll be like the Rebirth special. On release day it's 2.99 or whatever, and then subsequent reprintings will be sold at a higher price.

It's not universe restarting so probably at least $5.99. Probably closer to $10.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Zoro posted:

That's a lot more reasonable. There is NO WAY I'd buy a 30 USD comic sight-unseen.

Also, it looks like DC had the common sense to cancel a story for Trinity that would have been Batman, Wonder woman, and Superman defending Milo from a mob of angry protesters in a story that would have been titled "Divided We Fall", according to BC. Good job dodging that bullet, DC. Don't know if that's old news, but it autoplayed on the article about Action Comics 1000.

Yeah. That was months ago. It was the Milo scene and alt-right emergence that made them cancel it.

edit: To be clear to anyone reading that as fact, I'm sure it was a story about the JLs protecting a fictional bigot, not specifically Milo Yiannopoulos.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Oct 25, 2017

Zoro
Aug 30, 2017

by Smythe

Teenage Fansub posted:

That happened months ago, didn't it?

Alright, it was old news then. Don't know why that video is still autoplaying on their articles.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Yeah, it was supposed to be the immediate arc after the first one.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I want that terrible story but only if it ends with the bigot clapping his hand on superman's shoulder and announcing live on tv, "Even Big Blue agrees! Send back those illegal aliens."

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Go into the Halloween special expecting a rough EC comics sort of horror experience rather than a light silly spook 'em up deal.
The brutality might be shocking if you didn't see Granny Goodness slowly decapitated in Mister Miracle last month.

There were a couple of clunkers, but more interesting stories than I was expecting based on recent anthologies.
They also gave more of a crap about art than I was expecting (your appreciation for Howard Chaykin may vary.)

I'm guessing BrianWilly will not enjoy the WW/Amazons related one.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
Speaking of, oof, today's Wonder Woman. I'd spoil what Diana does in it but it's literally nothing.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
I don't think she's even in the comic, actually

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

KaosMachina posted:

I don't think she's even in the comic, actually

Here is every appearance of Wonder Woman in Wonder Woman #33
-PAGE 9 (8 in the digital version because of the 2-page spread preceding it): on TV punching a generic bad dude, as Baby Darkseid is teething.
-PAGE 10: still on TV
-PAGE 13: guess what? it's the same TV

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Yeah this WW issue was some bullshit. They actually charged money for twenty pages of loving Grail, and not even Grail doing anything interesting or important, but Grail whining on and on about how haaaard it is to beeeeee her and raaaise her evil baby daddy. This is the great big fat important story arc we're giving up the clay origin for (again)?

Seriously, what is it with Rebirth books and these cringeworthy filler issues? A whole lot of books seem to be afflicted with them, no matter how big or small the talent involved.

On the other hand, Detective Comics is still a really great book. I don't think I've ever had as consistently good a time following the adventures of the Bat-family.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

BrianWilly posted:

Seriously, what is it with Rebirth books and these cringeworthy filler issues? A whole lot of books seem to be afflicted with them, no matter how big or small the talent involved.

Gonna take a shot in the dark and assume it's the twice monthly schedule.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

BrianWilly posted:

Some writers can't write a double shipping book and it really shows.

quote:

On the other hand, Detective Comics is still a really great book. I don't think I've ever had as consistently good a time following the adventures of the Bat-family.

And some can and it really shows.

I swear to God though, if all this teasing of Conner in the Bat books and Superman books leads nowhere I'm going to be really mad!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

X-O posted:

Some writers can't write a double shipping book and it really shows.

And some can and it really shows.

I swear to God though, if all this teasing of Conner in the Bat books and Superman books leads nowhere I'm going to be really mad!

It mentions Connor and Bart being in the upcoming crossover

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I'm hoping this leads to a Young Justice revival

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Also, did anyone else find it amusing that this week's Detective Comics and last week's Injustice literally had the exact same last page reveal? That's one hell of a coincidence.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Haven't read the new WW yet, but I think I generally like when storylines move away to focus on the antagonist for an issue.
Of course it all depends on if it's a well written issue, but a double shipping's a good place for the idea.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
WW needs to move back to monthly, the pacing is atrocious.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

WW needs to move back to monthly, the pacing is atrocious.

This but with Flash and Nightwing and Batman and even as I regret saying it Superman as well.Those are all books I've felt really suffer from double shipping. I dropped Batman early on and Nightwing and Flash later. And Superman needs to in order to keep Tomasi & Gleason on the book as those issues without them really showed. The only books I read that I think have completely nailed the double shipping is Green Arrow and Detecitve. I've never felt either of those books drag. Green Arrow had the one crossover issue a couple weeks ago I didn't care for at all, but that was one issue and it was because I wasn't following that event.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I'd prefer for all comics to go back to monthly, and not try to move towards one of the worst parts about the manga industry.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I'm just coming in here to say Hail Darkseid.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

This but with Flash and Nightwing and Batman and even as I regret saying it Superman as well.Those are all books I've felt really suffer from double shipping. I dropped Batman early on and Nightwing and Flash later. And Superman needs to in order to keep Tomasi & Gleason on the book as those issues without them really showed. The only books I read that I think have completely nailed the double shipping is Green Arrow and Detecitve. I've never felt either of those books drag. Green Arrow had the one crossover issue a couple weeks ago I didn't care for at all, but that was one issue and it was because I wasn't following that event.

I'd totally be fine with them going back to monthly on everything at this point. It would open up the schedule for more titles.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Detective Comics has so many characters and has been paced so well I think I would legitimately be disappointed if it went back to monthly. And that's something I never ever expected to say. I feel it has so many interesting characters it can juggle stories focusing on each and not really run out of story ideas. Green Arrow is already going back monthly so that ship has sailed.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I think the double shipping really works for Batman. The storylines suit zooming by, and he's afforded time to experiment and do diversions like Rooftops and the Swamp Thing team-up without slowing things down.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I am actually enjoying my Batman fix every week with Batman and Detective Comics.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

GMo himself confirming that he's taking part in the Metal: Wild Hunt tie-in.
https://twitter.com/grantmorrison/status/922934735495680000

Interview and lettered preview of Kurt Busiek's Batman project
https://13thdimension.com/exclusive-inside-look-batman-creature-of-the-night/

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Oct 26, 2017

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Detective can stay as is. Action too as long as they bring somebody in to script over Jurgens dialogue. I'd also be okay with the GL books staying as is because of the huge casts.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
not enough cheesy references to heavy metal music in this event. come on, dc, you'll only get this opportunity once, and you've already designed the villains to look metal as gently caress!

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
My biggest problem with Tec is Steph is my favorite character in that comic and she's written horribly.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Gotham City Garage is an excellent marriage between Injustice and Bombshells and anyone who's a fan of either would probably dig it.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I can't believe DC published a book that has a short story about toddler Superman killing Martha Kent.

The zombie Justice League story was kinda fun at least.

Roth fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Oct 26, 2017

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
Who's the lady with the gun on the last page of Nightwing: The New Order #3?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Starfire

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Roth posted:

I can't believe DC published a book that has a short story about toddler Superman killing Martha Kent.

The zombie Justice League story was kinda fun at least.

Is this another Metal tie-in?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

ImpAtom posted:

Is this another Metal tie-in?

No, Halloween special

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Leather daddy Billy Bastion is worth the price of admission.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
Finally got to read all of Multiversity (picked up Pax Americana and Thunderworld when they first came out), and I liked it but I had a few questions. First, I haven't read Final Crisis yet, did I miss some important information by doing that? I feel Morrison did a good job of catching me up, but I still feel like I might be missing something from that. Second, while I enjoyed them, I'm not quite sure how The Just, Pax Americana, Mastermen, and Ultra Comics fit in, besides The Gentry showing up a bit (and not even that for Pax Americana, unless I missed something?). Ultra Comics feels like it's possibly the most important part, but I'm not quite sure what to make of it. I guess I just expected them to be a bit more like Thunderworld, where it totally works stand-alone, but it also flows into the main story. And finally, a question about the structure of the multiverse, Earths 6 and 7 make up the "M***** Binary," but why isn't it trinary with Earth 8, since it's both explicitly what Earth 7 was based on, and also quite clearly a stand-in for the classic Marvel universe?

Oh, also, they meet the villain at the very end and he just goes, "get the gently caress out?" A little sudden and jarring, but interesting.

Edit: Does Grant Morrison have an official commentary on this? I feel that'd be fascinating to read.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Teenage Fansub posted:

Leather daddy Billy Bastion is worth the price of admission.

Ah so Twilight of the Superheroes got released?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

catlord posted:

Finally got to read all of Multiversity (picked up Pax Americana and Thunderworld when they first came out), and I liked it but I had a few questions. First, I haven't read Final Crisis yet, did I miss some important information by doing that? I feel Morrison did a good job of catching me up, but I still feel like I might be missing something from that. Second, while I enjoyed them, I'm not quite sure how The Just, Pax Americana, Mastermen, and Ultra Comics fit in, besides The Gentry showing up a bit (and not even that for Pax Americana, unless I missed something?). Ultra Comics feels like it's possibly the most important part, but I'm not quite sure what to make of it. I guess I just expected them to be a bit more like Thunderworld, where it totally works stand-alone, but it also flows into the main story. And finally, a question about the structure of the multiverse, Earths 6 and 7 make up the "M***** Binary," but why isn't it trinary with Earth 8, since it's both explicitly what Earth 7 was based on, and also quite clearly a stand-in for the classic Marvel universe?

Oh, also, they meet the villain at the very end and he just goes, "get the gently caress out?" A little sudden and jarring, but interesting.

Edit: Does Grant Morrison have an official commentary on this? I feel that'd be fascinating to read.

final crisis has the exact same themes as multiversity but is worse. don't read it.

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Ah so Twilight of the Superheroes got released?

if only. twilight would've been peak grimdark and you know because it was moore it would've been really good. and the dark age of comics was already coming, so no marginal harm would've been done by its release that dark knight returns, watchmen and miracleman didn't already do.