Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Third World Reggin posted:

I dunno man. I keep reading things in this thread about confederation that I don't experience. It doesn't seem hard or impossible.

Also, a ways back someone said you couldn't confederate if you were in an alliance with someone but I've been able to do that as well.

Same. I'm confederating all the time, to the point where the penalties cause me serious long-term problems.

You've just got to take advantage when they're feeling vulnerable. Ellyrion down to half a stack with three factions surrounding their capital? Free city and fully upgraded gate for me (rebellions elsewhere imminent).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Aurubin posted:

Were Luminarks of Hysh always mega murder machines or is that new to TWII? I knew they were ok for large unit sniping, but drat. I usually never used them, because they wouldn't fire if there was a branch on the ground obstructing their view.

Did they fix it so they stopped doing wheelies every time you told them to attack anyone?

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry

Third World Reggin posted:

I dunno man. I keep reading things in this thread about confederation that I don't experience. It doesn't seem hard or impossible.

Also, a ways back someone said you couldn't confederate if you were in an alliance with someone but I've been able to do that as well.

Sounds like you are an honorable and trustworthy player, keeping to your treaties and never trespassing.

The rest of us are backstabbing asshats though and I can't blame them for not wanting to confederate. :)
Not wanting to trade though, can't wrap my head around that, its pure profit for everyone involved!

RBA-Wintrow fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Oct 28, 2017

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Gonkish posted:

Confederation as AI: "Is same culture? Is off cooldown? CONFEDERATION GO!"
Confederation as player: "gently caress. YOU. gently caress YOUR FACE. gently caress YOUR CLOTHES. gently caress YOU FOR EXISTING."

They never confederate unless they're down to their last city, it's being sieged, they have no armies, no money, it's a Tuesday while Mercury is in retrograde, their chakras are aligned, and they've conducted the requisite seventeen seances to commune with their great-great-great-great Aunt Agnes to discuss whether they should consider possibly almost sorta kinda confederating; and then they'll still want 70,000 gold for a Moderate chance of agreeing, at least. Then they'll still say no.

Confederation is hosed.

Really because as Tyrion I confederated basically all of Ulthuan with no difficulties whatsoever. :shobon:

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

You can't be bad at the Diplomacy game and expect people to confederate with you. Get off that untrustworthy rating then ask.

TheNakedFantastic
Sep 22, 2006

LITERAL WHITE SUPREMACIST
The diplomacy AI is wonky and opaque. Last Tyrion HE game I played I was "trustworthy" the entire game, never declared war on HE, had trade agreements etc. I couldn't get the last couple of HE factions down to one or two cities to ally much less confederate. Well some of them did confederate, with Teclis (no pre existing relationship) who almost immediately lost the cities to DE and rogue armies.

CA strategic AI has never been good or logical.

Mightypeon
Oct 10, 2013

Putin apologist- assume all uncited claims are from Russia Today or directly from FSB.

key phrases: Poor plucky little Russia, Spheres of influence, The West is Worse, they was asking for it.
Lel, Mazdamundi being Lizard hitler and declaring on me (as Kroq Gar) brought benefits. After I ehm, vacated Queek from the premesis in the Southland Queek set up shop in the badlands (which is really obnoxiously bad terrain for Lizards, it also has 40% chaos corruption right now because some beastmen there went hogwild), but due to my righteous Vampie smiting, and because Queek does not like Lizard Hitler either, we now have a pretty nice trade route and a defensive alliance.

Meanwhile, Grimgor has 18 settlements and confederates everything, so Queek just became the designated buffer.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
The AI doesn't like to confederate with you if your at war with half the world, they got enough on their plate without being dragged into your forever wars.

Blinks77
Feb 15, 2012

Welp, finally got tired of the unending chaos stacks. After the 4th wave of them i just felt "mehhhh"

Kinda want to fight other things.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Fellow Skrolk players how are your main (non-slave) armies laid out? Besides a ton of artillery obviously. Still fighting endless Lizardmen and thinking about just throwing out all my clanrats and Night/Gutter Runns and replacing them with Plague Monks backed up with Globadiers since Skrolk gets cheaper ones.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Main line is plague monks and clan rats alternating. Usually 2-4 skaven slaves just to break up enemy charges. 2 gutter runners with poison to beat up enemy cav. 2 plague claws and 1 warp lightning. Fill in the rest with whatever you want. Globadiers, rat ogres, storm vermin

SMP
May 5, 2009

What the gently caress? About 100 turns ago Lothern confederated the Order and then conquered a poo poo ton. Then Order spawned in again (???) and a few turns ago then confederated Lothern. I lost all my diplomacy with them since it's technically a new faction.

SMP fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Oct 29, 2017

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Are you playing Vortex or ME? I had Kroq get gibbed by rats in my Vortex campaign and he re-appeared later on, I think Legendary Lord factions just do that.

SMP
May 5, 2009

Pierson posted:

Are you playing Vortex or ME? I had Kroq get gibbed by rats in my Vortex campaign and he re-appeared later on, I think Legendary Lord factions just do that.

ME. I'm mostly just shocked by the fact that the Order somehow confederated the 2nd strongest faction in my game :v:

e: AND IS NOW CONQUERING MY EMPIRE ALLIES WHAT THE gently caress

Hryme
Nov 4, 2009
Varg and Skaeling started moving stacks around at turn 35ish in my latest game. At around turn 45 Kislev was destroyed by Varg and they started attacking the northern Empire Nations with around 5 full stacks. Isn't this kinda early?

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
ME trip reports, gently caress the new Chaos invasion, installing that delaying mod asap.

-Wood Elf campaign is hilarious, even without their Foundation updates. Tirion declared war on me before I'd even set sight on Ulthwan so that gave me an excuse to run over with a trio of stacks and turn it into the largest floating forest in the world. Managed to strike a lucrative alliance with Skavenblight of all people, they managed to maintain 3 doomstacks despite only holding Skavenblight itself, they ran around that little bay where the Bjornlings spawn and kept it Chaos free.

-Vampires seem to go absolutely nuts every game I'm not playing them. Twice now they've bee-lined for Franz and ate most of the Empire. One time they essentially swapped positions with Karl, with the Empire being relegated to Sylvania and the Vamps to Reikland.

-Had a weird bug or something happen as Tirion. Vassalised a bunch of provinces because I needed the extra cash and they just refused to Confederate. Built a second stack and sent both over to Athel Loren to begin some weed-pruning. Then the Chaos invasion triggered and every single Vassal turned on me. No notifications of war, just 5 suddenly angry factions with stacks all over my territory in inner Ulthwan. Needless to say I abandoned that campaign.

-Queek good but Grimgor best. I essentially had a friendly rivalry with the little twitchy bastard. He'd declare war, throw a doomstack at me then sue for peace for a lot of loot. Repeat until I got bored and burned his little stronghold in Lahmia to the ground.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Hryme posted:

Varg and Skaeling started moving stacks around at turn 35ish in my latest game. At around turn 45 Kislev was destroyed by Varg and they started attacking the northern Empire Nations with around 5 full stacks. Isn't this kinda early?

I made this if you want Varg and Skaeling to cool it a bit:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1182733930

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Is there a mod that reduces tactical banner sizes to something smaller than a circus tent?

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Ynglaur posted:

Is there a mod that reduces tactical banner sizes to something smaller than a circus tent?

There is a slider for banner size in the interface options menu (can access in battle) or hold space in battle to turn off on the panel on the right.

Hryme
Nov 4, 2009

Vargs posted:

I made this if you want Varg and Skaeling to cool it a bit:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1182733930

Thanks.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
God drat I'd forgotten how bad the TWW1 legendary item quests are.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Oh yah. Have some cheater mods.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1167936850

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1167937204

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

TheNakedFantastic posted:

The diplomacy AI is wonky and opaque. Last Tyrion HE game I played I was "trustworthy" the entire game, never declared war on HE, had trade agreements etc. I couldn't get the last couple of HE factions down to one or two cities to ally much less confederate. Well some of them did confederate, with Teclis (no pre existing relationship) who almost immediately lost the cities to DE and rogue armies.

CA strategic AI has never been good or logical.

Trustworthy is actually a pretty bad reliability rating. It goes Steadfast - Dependable - Trustworthy - Untrustworthy - Unreliable

New Butt Order
Jun 20, 2017

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

How the heck do I get food as Queek? I can’t see any food generating buildings and consumption just gets worse as I expand. I can get 2 food when I win a battle but it’s not enough.

Send a hero to scout through not-Africa and find all the provinces with fields (the green leaves symbol) these are the ones with the food buildings. There's four, I think, and they're all concentrated on the southern half of the continent. Plus the Wood Elf base will give you another food source.

Queek is actually the easier of the two to stay in the black with food. Skrolk needs to maintain constant raiding of his own territory or a forever-war to keep food up, Queek can just take over the southern half of not-Africa and then sit back on his little paws without worry.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Fangz posted:

Trustworthy is actually a pretty bad reliability rating. It goes Steadfast - Dependable - Trustworthy - Untrustworthy - Unreliable

It still makes me chortle that they picked a bunch of synonyms for the names

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
It's also fairly annoying that basically Steadfast is the only one that actually matters - anything lower than that and AI won't even agree to trade agreements that heavily favour them, even if they're halfway across the world and the player would have nothing to gain by betraying them.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I'm not really sure if favorability factors into trade decisions. It's based on how many goods you have, isn't it?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Fangz posted:

I'm not really sure if favorability factors into trade decisions. It's based on how many goods you have, isn't it?

It's both. It can be hugely profitable for them and they'll still say to piss off if they don't like you.

New Butt Order
Jun 20, 2017

Fangz posted:

I'm not even sure if that matters, actually. Even if it's part of the calculations, opinion and trust are the dominant variables. I can't recall ever getting a faction to agree to trade who won't agree to non-aggression first, for example. Or a faction that would agree to a military alliance before agreeing to trade because I produced to little.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.
Less blood mod for the blood and gore DLC is out.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1181459127

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
So how do people deal with non ideal climates? I'd really like to put down the vamps for good, but if I raze their cities they just rebuild and they've got way too many cities to occupy.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
I'll post a bit more later with some screenshots, but I have a piece of advice for anybody that thought rushing Skavenblight as Clan Angrund in the early game is a good idea: don't.

Edit:

It took 40 minutes for the rats to finally claw my Ghost Dads down and I almost had them- most of the remaining rats had very very low morale. Way longer than was worth playing out though.

Pendent fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Oct 29, 2017

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdu_FrYYrqg

Gitro
May 29, 2013
The difference between faction /Lord bonuses between the old and new ones is nuts. Hrm, half price line infantry that can get further discounts and buffs from tree or -4% recruit cost on a t4 unit.
+5 mage recruit rank faction wide or +2 if your Lord happens to be in the same province. Gee I just don't know who to pick????

I didn't pay attention to vlad's starting army and recruited 3 units of dogs. They were not very helpful in taking drakenhof.

Is there a way to do things before turn 20 as Carcassonne? I could beeline the orc decree and sit around raiding my only province and farm some chivalry but that would be really boring. I was in the process of experimenting with punching out whoever is south of you but then New Colossus finished downloading, and also there are a lot of skaven

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Some of the new buildings kind of offset it. Dwarves can get all their units at +1-5 veterancy and - 30% recruitment cost from gem, airfield, woodcutter iron mine and salt mine.

But at the same time I'm looking forward to the existing lords getting their skills updated.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
GCCM is releasing special structures for siege maps that give you special weapons in siege defenses. One of them were gate mounted flamethrowers for Dwarves :supaburn:

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Panfilo posted:

Some of the new buildings kind of offset it. Dwarves can get all their units at +1-5 veterancy and - 30% recruitment cost from gem, airfield, woodcutter iron mine and salt mine.

But at the same time I'm looking forward to the existing lords getting their skills updated.

I don't think any faction is beating Teclis in mage ranks. He gets +5 as his faction ability, his one legendary item allows mage recruitment everywhere and gives another +2 ranks, IIRC there's a technology for a further two ranks, meaning you can get rank 9 mages wherever you need them. Not to mention that you can recruit level 16 mages in Saphery eventually.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Panfilo posted:

GCCM is releasing special structures for siege maps that give you special weapons in siege defenses. One of them were gate mounted flamethrowers for Dwarves :supaburn:

My main complaint with GCCM maps is they seemed to focus on eye candy above gameplay, you'd have lovely looking massive cities, but it would take literally 20 real time minutes to force march your army until you even had line of sight of where the other forces were holed up.

Their upcoming quality culling sounds needed because a good chunk of the maps just seemed rush out as fast as possible to fill empty map spots because there were plenty of maps with floating structures and maps that were just small squares in the middle of a featureless plain.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Unfortunately they're not updated yet :( I want to continue my Empire and Dwarf games...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
God I missed blood effects. Look, Mazdamundi just opened a big jar of raspberry jam!

Is this a new effect? The Solar Engine Bastilidon blew a group of Dark Elves off the wall, leaving mostly bloody smears behind.

Also, wanted to mention my closest battle ever:

Staggered heals from the Revivification Crystal and Mazdamundi were able to barely keep my heavy hitters alive after I lured them all into the center. Lesson learned: fewer Temple Guard, more dinos.

P.S. In my campaign, The Cult of Pleasure confederated Naggaroth. So you could say Malekith moved back in with his mom! :)