Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
Didn't touch Hela but I T2ed Thor, Loki and Hulk and bought their uniforms.

It's probably just Stockholm syndrome but I think it was worth it if you have the crystals if only to get the Loki cards and the CTP which are worth more than the 300 crystal difference between this and their other costumes.

In terms of the uniforms themselves, Thor's costume is probably the best. He has a similar rotation now to Iron Heart/Elsa with costume/Captain Gundam where you cycle through Invulnerable skill --> normal skill --> his remaining three skills with iframes.

Loki's uniform makes him hella manoeuvrable but it doesn't really let him do anything that he couldn't do before except maybe reach a higher level with Sugoi. Hulk's uniform is basically a must buy if you want to use Hulk.

Also from some guy on Reddit:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

TheThirst posted:

You can, I used the ones from Shadowland for both of them.

Woohoo!

The Cinematic Battle Reward ones listed... is that a chance to get it daily from the box or is that the one-time-reward?

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
One time reward.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
Well, since getting Wolvie I've gone up to vibranium for the first time, but my average time spent per battle has probably gone up two minutes from Wolverine / Wolverine and Wolverine / Quicksilver pushes.

I can usually take care of other Wolverines with Sharon (although not this week) but my QS strategy at this point is just putting in Wolverine, setting it to auto and putting the phone down for a few minutes. Sometimes he breaks out of Hotdog Man's gently caress tornado, and sometimes he doesn't.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

I have yet to encounter a Wolverine that my Quicksilver couldn't solo

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Since I had Jean Grey up to 4-20 this week I decided to take Timeline seriously. I was only in Gold but I finished 125th, which I thought was pretty good. I couldn't break 100 but I probably would have if I had done one of the recommended players or if I hadn't lost a bunch of matches the first day or two before I swapped Jean in for Sharon Rogers.

The team I'm having success with is Wolverine, Doctor Strange, and Jean Grey. Jean does most of the heavy hitting but both guys can come through if needed. Wolverine is in the leadership role so he can take a beating from the start, especially from Stranges with the freeze. I let Wolverine get frozen and beat on a little and then as soon as the freeze is gone I take Jean in and she demolishes Strange. Strange is kind of invaluable against Spider-Man since he can kill Jean but I've got a Web Immunity obelisk on Strange and his freeze helps slow Spidey down enough to hit. In a fix where Strange is dead Wolverine can take him but its a pain in the rear end to try and get moves in between the webbings.

My main key is to skip any fight that includes Quicksilver, Thanos, Odin, Dormammu, or another Jean. I can actually beat a lot of Jeans, Odins, and Thanos' and I haven't tried Dormammu against Jean but I figure they're not worth it. But I just don't mess with Quicksilver. I'm probably screwed when I reach high enough that I can't avoid him.

I'm debating throwing one of the recommended players on my team for the points. I could stick a Web Immunity obelisk on Wolverine or Jean and that would probably take care of Spidey. Or I don't actually use Wolverine that much so I could just use the recommended player as my punching bag, even though they might not survive Strange's freeze. Its only my second week of caring about Timeline so I'll see... but 125 crystals was a nice reward this week I'd like to keep up.

In "I will never, ever beat Quicksilver in 15 seconds" news I'm down to like 23 seconds with Magneto, Jean, and Cyclops and an ally team of Strange, Wolverine, Widow, Kate, and A. Venom. I feel like I need the dodgers and those are the 3 best I have. I should probably ditch Cyclops for Wolverine and throw Rogers into my ally team but Wolverine's the other character I can break 30 seconds with so I always like to try him for a second go. I've done like 50 tries the last few days with just quitting once I pass 15 seconds. I just try until I get frustrated. I'm telling myself to stop caring that much and keep plugging along. I threw a ton of Damage and Attack Speed URUs on Jean so I guess I'll just keep on enhancing those and her ISOS (they're all 5 but I can work them to 6). I'm also a few 8 bio selectors away from getting She-Hulk to 6* so when that happens I'll try her leadership out and see if it helps.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

STAC Goat posted:

In "I will never, ever beat Quicksilver in 15 seconds" news I'm down to like 23 seconds with Magneto, Jean, and Cyclops and an ally team of Strange, Wolverine, Widow, Kate, and A. Venom. I feel like I need the dodgers and those are the 3 best I have. I should probably ditch Cyclops for Wolverine and throw Rogers into my ally team but Wolverine's the other character I can break 30 seconds with so I always like to try him for a second go. I've done like 50 tries the last few days with just quitting once I pass 15 seconds. I just try until I get frustrated. I'm telling myself to stop caring that much and keep plugging along. I threw a ton of Damage and Attack Speed URUs on Jean so I guess I'll just keep on enhancing those and her ISOS (they're all 5 but I can work them to 6). I'm also a few 8 bio selectors away from getting She-Hulk to 6* so when that happens I'll try her leadership out and see if it helps.

IIRC I was able to get this with Dormammu, Satana lead and Hellstorm with my heaviest hitting strikers, including Jean. I don't remember the striker team but I didn't go for dodge ignore, my Dormammu has a fire damage/ignore dodge/dmg proc obelisk. He just mowed him down with floating head and some other skill clicks.

I couldn't break it with Jean either. She does shitloads of damage but I guess there is still a blast/speed disadvantage in play.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't have Dorm built up (or Odin, Thanos, or any of the BO besides Proxima). I can work on him now that Jean is done but I kinda wanted to do Quicksilver first. But I made switch up once Q is at 5. I just have to fuse the BAM.

I tried Satana leading Jean a few times but it didn't seem to do as well as Magneto's leadership. I've tried with 1 or 2 dodgers and I always seem to be swinging at dead air. I've tried with Strange leading Jean to get his extra Dodge, but Magneto's still seems the best. Like I said, I'm going to try She Hulk when I can.

Jean may not be the solution I hoped she'd be. But its only been a few days that I've had her built up and I can keep working on the ISOs/URUs. I might toss a Critical Damage obelisk on her too instead of the Fire Damage she has now. But Dormammu, Odin, or Thanos may be my next target for hope.

I'm making peace with it being a time thing the same way I did when I got frustrated with hitting a wall with WBR and the Asgard missions. Eventually it will break.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

use characters that boost your main character's damage, such as warwolf, daisy, or beast

dont use any dodge ignore, or at most one. use all damage. you're not looking to speed up your average kill, you're looking to speed up your fastest kill. you want all your procs to align and one or two shot the boss. you could try a magneto lead but i would go with warwolf/daisy/(sharon or jean).

punchymcpunch fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Oct 27, 2017

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

another option is magneto/beast/wolverine where you pop beast's buff and then hit wolverine's 6 and then his 5 and after enough tries youll two shot him. this wasnt the team i first got the 15 sec kill with but im pretty sure ive seen it come in under the time at least once.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

STAC Goat posted:

Since I had Jean Grey up to 4-20 this week I decided to take Timeline seriously. I was only in Gold but I finished 125th, which I thought was pretty good. I couldn't break 100 but I probably would have if I had done one of the recommended players or if I hadn't lost a bunch of matches the first day or two before I swapped Jean in for Sharon Rogers.

The team I'm having success with is Wolverine, Doctor Strange, and Jean Grey. Jean does most of the heavy hitting but both guys can come through if needed. Wolverine is in the leadership role so he can take a beating from the start, especially from Stranges with the freeze. I let Wolverine get frozen and beat on a little and then as soon as the freeze is gone I take Jean in and she demolishes Strange. Strange is kind of invaluable against Spider-Man since he can kill Jean but I've got a Web Immunity obelisk on Strange and his freeze helps slow Spidey down enough to hit. In a fix where Strange is dead Wolverine can take him but its a pain in the rear end to try and get moves in between the webbings.

My main key is to skip any fight that includes Quicksilver, Thanos, Odin, Dormammu, or another Jean. I can actually beat a lot of Jeans, Odins, and Thanos' and I haven't tried Dormammu against Jean but I figure they're not worth it. But I just don't mess with Quicksilver. I'm probably screwed when I reach high enough that I can't avoid him.

I'm debating throwing one of the recommended players on my team for the points. I could stick a Web Immunity obelisk on Wolverine or Jean and that would probably take care of Spidey. Or I don't actually use Wolverine that much so I could just use the recommended player as my punching bag, even though they might not survive Strange's freeze. Its only my second week of caring about Timeline so I'll see... but 125 crystals was a nice reward this week I'd like to keep up.

You might wanna use Jean as leader because it will make you immune to all the Webs and Time Freezes almost entirely

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

In other news, you can only get different CTPs from different places

But some guy spent 200 earth dollars on obelisk chests in the store and got 0 (zero) of the four possible chest CTPs so lol!

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Also someone spent 28350 crystals on card packs and didn't get a single premium card. Lomarf.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

hahaha

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Are any of these good for a shadowland level without T2ing them? I've got a 6* MRUT burning a hole in my pocket but already have a line waiting for T2 tickets and mats. Regular Hulk (with the new uniform), Ironheart, Mantis, Spidey 2099, Red Hulk (with uniform). Comedy option: use it on Heimdall for the boost points and Lv3 uniform xp chips.

1.21 GIGATWATS
Dec 15, 2005

I GOT ELEVEN OF THESE!

bagrada posted:

Are any of these good for a shadowland level without T2ing them? I've got a 6* MRUT burning a hole in my pocket but already have a line waiting for T2 tickets and mats. Regular Hulk (with the new uniform), Ironheart, Mantis, Spidey 2099, Red Hulk (with uniform). Comedy option: use it on Heimdall for the boost points and Lv3 uniform xp chips.

I would go with 2099 of those options with Ironheart a close second since they are both paywall characters. You can get the Hulks and Mantis through normal bioselectors.

With Hulk's new uni, all of them can solo a floor in SL at T1.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

I don't have Dorm built up (or Odin, Thanos, or any of the BO besides Proxima). I can work on him now that Jean is done but I kinda wanted to do Quicksilver first. But I made switch up once Q is at 5. I just have to fuse the BAM.

I tried Satana leading Jean a few times but it didn't seem to do as well as Magneto's leadership. I've tried with 1 or 2 dodgers and I always seem to be swinging at dead air. I've tried with Strange leading Jean to get his extra Dodge, but Magneto's still seems the best. Like I said, I'm going to try She Hulk when I can.

Jean may not be the solution I hoped she'd be. But its only been a few days that I've had her built up and I can keep working on the ISOs/URUs. I might toss a Critical Damage obelisk on her too instead of the Fire Damage she has now. But Dormammu, Odin, or Thanos may be my next target for hope.

I'm making peace with it being a time thing the same way I did when I got frustrated with hitting a wall with WBR and the Asgard missions. Eventually it will break.

How much Ignore Defense does your Jean have on her stats page?

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

1.21 GIGATWATS posted:

I would go with 2099 of those options with Ironheart a close second since they are both paywall characters. You can get the Hulks and Mantis through normal bioselectors.

With Hulk's new uni, all of them can solo a floor in SL at T1.

Thanks.

One more question for anyone that can help. I'm still at 0/15 [ISO-8] Combines to unlock Cable, for The Shining ISO 1-3. I've upgraded tons of ISOs of all ranks since he was released. Am I missing something obvious?

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

bagrada posted:

Thanks.

One more question for anyone that can help. I'm still at 0/15 [ISO-8] Combines to unlock Cable, for The Shining ISO 1-3. I've upgraded tons of ISOs of all ranks since he was released. Am I missing something obvious?

Combine not upgrade, combine means you take 2 of the same type and upgrade them to +5 then you can combine them. ie two 2* Green isos to +5 then combine to end up with one 3* Green iso.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

So assuming I don't upgrade any characters past one of the one-time-reward thresholds, I should spend all 5 of my Cinematic Battle entries on the duder that's ranked the highest? Or does it not matter

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

thechalkoutline posted:

So assuming I don't upgrade any characters past one of the one-time-reward thresholds, I should spend all 5 of my Cinematic Battle entries on the duder that's ranked the highest? Or does it not matter

Yep. I went ahead and used the shadowlands uniform tickets to get Loki to mystic, and now I can just do his cinematic stage 5x for 5 of the best boxes. 'Best' is relative though -- out of 10 so far I've gotten 30K gold 7 times, a handful of bios twice (for hela and loki) and 50 bios once (for hulk.) Too early to know the drop rate but there's at least the potential for a decent chunk o' bios. Oh, plus the card -- I got a kinda pathetic roll on it but looks like you re-roll premium cards normally so I guess I'll slot it in another couple weeks. Level 2 and it's got lightning resist. :barf:

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

fart simpson posted:

I have yet to encounter a Wolverine that my Quicksilver couldn't solo

Wtf how. Almost every wolvie I face has an invul obelisk, and regens before my quicksilver can kill them.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Cool thanks; I went for the Thor uni with my SL tickets since I preferred the Energy Attack to Attack Speed but I'm gonna get Loki after I finish that dumb quest pack (any day now)

My card also rolled poo poo but oh well, plenty of cards to roll up with the new collection

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Oh, and for those that are wondering, these are the Card Collection sets that require Card Chest cards, e.g. you can pretty much assume you won't be completing these since people have spent $200+ without pulling a single unfarmable, so you may not want to prioritize the other cards in the collection:

All Attack
Cooldown Duration
Ignore Defense
Ignore Dodge
Critical Rate

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem

ZodiakLucien posted:

I'm on the fence about doing that, let me know how you like him.

I mostly did it to solo Fenrir in the new battle mode, but so far I do like it. Bless that new uni of his.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Xenochrist posted:

Wtf how. Almost every wolvie I face has an invul obelisk, and regens before my quicksilver can kill them.

Quicksilver ignores invuln obelisks so those don’t matter. I have a damage proc on my Quicksilver which helps too.

I’m in vibranium and place in the top 10% every week so I’ve battled a crapton of wolverines and my quicksilver has a literal 100% win rate so far

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

In the discord, I finally made a channel specifically for Future Fight just FYI. It’s about time. Sorry it took so long.

Should be much more organized now.

Come one come all.

https://discord.gg/RmRPzew

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

When you have extra boost points is there particular content that should be cleared as a priority for best chances? Like, is the roll for a possible boost-point drop the same on a mission that costs 4 as it is one that costs 6?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I try to use them for Dimension Shifts just because you get the best savings on that. The 100+ boosts cuts down the energy cost more so if you use it on like story missions you're wasting it since it won't go down.

I haven't really noticed any rhyme or reason to what prizes you get from where.

Nails
Oct 29, 2004

MALIGNANTLY USELESS
Any thoughts as far as who would be best to use the 6 * mastery ticket on out of Kid Kaiju, Ironheart, Enchantress, or Heimdall? Everyone's at 1 * except for Enchantress, who is at two. I'm leaning towards Enchantress, but honestly can't remember who's the best out of all of them.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Nails posted:

Any thoughts as far as who would be best to use the 6 * mastery ticket on out of Kid Kaiju, Ironheart, Enchantress, or Heimdall? Everyone's at 1 * except for Enchantress, who is at two. I'm leaning towards Enchantress, but honestly can't remember who's the best out of all of them.

If you're keeping them at T1, Enchantress for sure

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

Absolutely Enchantress. She can solo clear basically any qualifying SL stage up to 20 without breaking a sweat. Well, I've had her die on me a couple times due to bad luck or a lucky stun but she mostly trivializes things. KK and IH can clear a stage but they generally need backup and it's much more risky.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Yeah, Enchantress is probably the best pick. Though definitely not Heimdall since you can get his bios from SL.

Nails
Oct 29, 2004

MALIGNANTLY USELESS
Good call. That was pretty much what I figured. I do have a tier 2 ticket that I'm going to spend, but I also haven't really decided who to spend that on. Definitely would appreciate some thoughts on that too.

Options include: Captain America (Civil War), Moon Knight (Costume), Thor (Ragnarok), Hulk (Ragnarok), Rogue (Apocalypse), Giant Man (Goliath), Loki (Ragnarok), Punisher (Netflix), Mysterio, Ant-Man (Movie), Silk (Costume), Ghost Rider (Trenchcoat), Ultron (Movie), and possibly Red Hulk.

Hulk, Thor, and Red Hulk are all in progress, but should be done soon as I got a mountain of bios for all of them. Storm and Beast (Apocalypse) are both at like 4/19, so they're also possibilities. I don't have the deluxe package yet, so I won't get Phoenix for tier 2ing any X-Men, but that's on the list (assuming they don't release anymore amazing costumes before I save up 6600 crystals).

At this point, I'm looking at Hulk, Moon Knight, Thor, or Rogue, and leaning towards Hulk. Thor and Moon Knight also sound super useful, but I could theoretically tier 2 Thor without a ticket. So I guess really it's between Moon Knight and Hulk. To get Hulk there, I need to get that 6 star ticket and finish his gears. Moon Knight is ready.

Also, as previously mentioned, I'm going to drop that 6 * mastery on Enchantress. Her gears are poo poo, but bought the package for Valkyrie. So if I'm lucky and I max her gears, she is also a tier 2 option, and if I have any bios leftover, I can dump those on Enchantress, so MAYBE her too, but I doubt it.

Thoughts?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Loki's probably the right call of who you named. I don't know if the Ragnarok costumes push Thor and Hulk up but it sounds like Loki's boosts him and he was already the best of the bunch.

Don't use a T2 ticket on X-Men. You can collect their rank up material really easily and there's nothing else to use them on except T2ing X-Men. I've gotten Magneto, Cyclops, Rogue, and Storm all to T2 without even really trying and I could have had Beast months ago but I was saving for Jean Grey.

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

To be honest it was 4AM when I started making the gif and even I don't know what it's supposed to be about by the time I finished it an hour and a few GIS searches later :effort:

How's Hela with the new costume? Would it be better to use the mega 6 ticket on her or enchantress?

I really need more villains to go further in shadowloo.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

Differo Cathedra posted:

How's Hela with the new costume? Would it be better to use the mega 6 ticket on her or enchantress?

I really need more villains to go further in shadowloo.

Enchantress by a country mile.

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

To be honest it was 4AM when I started making the gif and even I don't know what it's supposed to be about by the time I finished it an hour and a few GIS searches later :effort:

Stunt Rock posted:

Enchantress by a country mile.

Thank god I asked and you answered then as I was so close to grabbing her costume.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

In general with tickets I like to remember the order of who is the toughest to get.

1: Pay Characters like Enchantress and Carnage, can only be built up through tickets or money.
2: A-Force characters (She Hulk, Sister Grimm, Singularity), can only be built up through tickets, money, or the 8 daily bios.
3: The Shifter characters (Clea, Gwenpool, Inferno, Vulture), can only be built up with tickets and really slow farming.
4: The unfarmable characters like Hulk and Moon Knight, can be built up through bio selectors from login, alliance store, or Shadowland.
5: Dimension Shift characters (Wasp, Yellowjacket, etc), farmable but takes a lot of energy.
6: The Asgard Characters, you can do like 30 bios a day but it costs a lot of energy and tickets.
7: The regular story characters and daily missions, easy to farm.

That doesn't mean Singularity is more valuable than Wasp or Moon Knight, but it means I don't necessarily want to "waste" a ticket on Wasp when I know there's a bunch of other ways to rank her up and only 1 or 2 for She Hulk or Ironheart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nails
Oct 29, 2004

MALIGNANTLY USELESS

Differo Cathedra posted:

Thank god I asked and you answered then as I was so close to grabbing her costume.

Her costume is actually a significant improvement, and I think it's worth it since its the standard price. I just don't know if I'd consider her worth a ticket. When I started playing again after a long break, I chose her as the character to auto 6*, and then was kind of disappointed by her utility. Her leadership is amazing though, so it worked out.

STAC Goat posted:

Loki's probably the right call of who you named. I don't know if the Ragnarok costumes push Thor and Hulk up but it sounds like Loki's boosts him and he was already the best of the bunch.

Don't use a T2 ticket on X-Men. You can collect their rank up material really easily and there's nothing else to use them on except T2ing X-Men. I've gotten Magneto, Cyclops, Rogue, and Storm all to T2 without even really trying and I could have had Beast months ago but I was saving for Jean Grey.

Really? I figured Hulk with tier 2 was actually the most solid of the new three. I haven't been super impressed with Thor, but he's okay. Thanks for the advice with the X-Men though. I think I'll compare Hulk and Loki and go from there. New Loki is super fun.