Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

duz posted:

Given that the exact same thing happened with Obama, re: guns and bibles, you'd think she'd just be a whole lot more careful.

I mean, if she hadn't led with "some Trump supporters are fascists," she would've been attacked for sugarcoating things and minimizing how awful Trump and Republicans are. Instead she did, and got attacked for being mean to the economically anxious. What was she supposed to do?

Like there's any number of legitimate political attacks you can levy at Hillary Clinton but the deplorables speech was literally 100% correct and a fairly good overall piece of oratory.

Lightning Knight fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Oct 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Have some compassion for my millionaire racist Aunt born with a silver spoon up her rear end, she's not as privileged as you

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Lightning Knight posted:

I mean, if she hadn't led with "some Trump supporters are fascists," she would've been attacked for sugarcoating things and minimizing how awful Trump and Republicans are. Instead she did, and got attacked for being mean to the economically anxious. What was she supposed to do?

Like there's any number of legitimate political attacks you can levy at Hillary Clinton but the deplorables speech was literally 100% correct and a fairly good overall piece of oratory.

It just seems to come back over and over again to people wanting lay the blame on Hillary for not being able to cleverly outdo a bunch of blatant cheaters who get away pretty much everything they do. How dare she just get the popular vote and not beat this elaborate, undemocratic system that's been hobbled by massive voter disenfranchisement in the wake of the destruction of the voting rights act. Why couldn't she come up with the right words to appeal to poor white people that couldn't be chopped up, remixed, and blasted from every news outlet to say the exact opposite of what she intended? Why couldn't she be so good and skilled that it wouldn't matter that the game is rigged?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Somehow, Democrats manage to win elections every once in a while :iiam:

I know, I'm just as mystified about it as you are :confused:

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
And some cyclists managed to beat Lance Armstrong. Guess that means that his being a drug cheat didn't affect anything.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

gowb posted:

It's my job to deal with the people in my family I want to save, yeah. Whose job is it to convert those who have no such family members to help them? Are they doomed to the guilliotine?

Even the KKK aren't beyond compassion. http://www.npr.org/2017/08/20/544861933/how-one-man-convinced-200-ku-klux-klan-members-to-give-up-their-robes

I'm not saying people aren't justified in the hatred they feel. People are entitled to their feelings, no matter what they are. But try to have some compassion for fellow human beings who aren't as priveleged as you.

family poo poo, so what

Arthur Crackpot
Sep 4, 2011

Proceed in a str8 line shaped like a perpetually shifting torus knot until you feel a sense of despair transcending all mortal comprehension, then hang a right at the next octopus, she'll be in the first room on the left

gowb posted:

It's my job to deal with the people in my family I want to save, yeah. Whose job is it to convert those who have no such family members to help them? Are they doomed to the guilliotine?

Even the KKK aren't beyond compassion. http://www.npr.org/2017/08/20/544861933/how-one-man-convinced-200-ku-klux-klan-members-to-give-up-their-robes

I'm not saying people aren't justified in the hatred they feel. People are entitled to their feelings, no matter what they are. But try to have some compassion for fellow human beings who aren't as priveleged as you.

Some of your family, I'm sure, are very fine people.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vib Rib posted:

Nothing. What it did was nothing. It didn't do a loving thing. The quote was taken entirely out of context and leveraged, free of facts or meaning, to whip up the base. If Clinton had never said it in the first place, you think they wouldn't have found something else to throw at her? You think misinterpreted soundbites are what broke her chances? There but for a few careless comments go we? The radical alt-right wouldn't be a loving drop less radical and insane in an alternate dimension where she'd never said that; no one would be "closer" or less "pushed away". It's a loving excuse is what it is.

At this point, what difference does it make? Etc, etc.

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Lightning Knight posted:

We don't have to kill racists. We just have to politically marginalize and overwhelm them to make a better country.

You aren't entitled to complain to people who experience the consequences of these people's actions that they're wrong to call them shitheads. They are shitheads. You just love them anyway because they're your family.

I never said they weren't shitheads. I said they can be saved, and stopped from being shitheads. Why is that so controversial to you?

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

gowb posted:

I never said they weren't shitheads. I said they can be saved, and stopped from being shitheads. Why is that so controversial to you?

It's not controversial to me. You whining about "righteous liberal outrage" or whatever is, or more accurately I just find it laughable.

You're mad at people for not having patience for their abusers.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

No one gives a poo poo about your racist-rear end family gowb.

I'm still trying to figure out why you posted this comic in this thread.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"
Edit:
"Fire three rockets get one free!"

screen: "launch"

SwitchbladeKult fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Oct 29, 2017

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Lightning Knight posted:

It's not controversial to me. You whining about "righteous liberal outrage" or whatever is, or more accurately I just find it laughable.

You're mad at people for not having patience for their abusers.

Racism is a successful strategy to break up the lower classes and this thread is the best proof that it works

Edit: sorry, I should have said this forum. Nothing against this thread in particular.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

SwitchbladeKult posted:

Edit:
"Fire three rockets get one free!"

screen: "launch"

Does this guy actually get published in Russia, because this seems like the kind of thing that gets you murdered.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

The joke is that he doesn't have any friends, he's just listening to the voices in his head. AGC.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Actually no!

I mean, unless you regard being a Nazi as hereditary.

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Nazis love to punch other Nazis. That's how he knows they're Nazis.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Hey when did Mallard turn into a liberal?

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

https://twitter.com/LeftistScumbag/status/924466675973533696

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Don't blame yourself, blame the Zodiac Demons, or God. A Misremembered Final Fantasy Tactics Cartoon

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Office Pig posted:

Does this guy actually get published in Russia, because this seems like the kind of thing that gets you murdered.

He makes these for Deutsche Welle, a Germany company, and they are published on their Russian language site. I doubt these get published anywhere inside Russia.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Please let this be the end of Mallard Fillmore in a few newspapers.

Please for the love of god let him face real repercussions for siding with the actual loving goddamned sonofabitch NAZIS.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

That seems way too classy for :tinsley: I bet he drinks the stuff that comes in gallon plastic jugs.

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan
"No! I must punch the Nazis!" The duck's progressive liberal friend who is totally real and also a teacher shouted!
The drunk duck said "No, John. You are the Nazis."
And then John was a fascist.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

The defining characteristic of Nazis is attacking someome.

That's it, nothing else, no other context.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'm just lmaoing at the idea of literal nazi apologia in the funny papers next to Garfield and Family Circus.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Which Sunday papers publish Millard Fillmore and what other comics do they run? I want to get an idea of what that strip is in juxtaposition against.
edit: If it's stuff like Family Circus then does anywhere post that page online.

Trapezium Dave fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Oct 29, 2017

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I'd wish Tinsley to kill himself drinking wood alcohol but his liver is so soaked with real booze that it would not work.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost
All he did was say he's a Nazi, surely this does not indicate anything about his actions, desires, personal identity, or capacity for empathy and this incident should therefore be considered purely in terms of the bad monstrous liberals punishing speech they don't agree with because that's how my magic whiskey spectacles work

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Trapezium Dave posted:

Which Sunday papers publish Millard Fillmore and what other comics do they run? I want to get an idea of what that strip is in juxtaposition against.
edit: If it's stuff like Family Circus then does anywhere post that page online.

Stuff like Garfield, Family Circus, etc.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost
Hmmmm for some reason I'm now recalling that when Tinsley was mad at The Daily Show over a parody Mallard cartoon, he actually said in an interview that Jon Stewart changing his name from Leibowitz was "the real issue."

e: This was, of course, after Tinsley responded to the "Mallard Fillmore doesn't tell jokes!" parody comic with a nationally-distributed "Jon Stewart is a hooknosed child molester! Just a li'l joke ;)" strip

A HUNGRY MOUTH fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Oct 29, 2017

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Pfft I'm like that with no alcohol required :smuggo:

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Trapezium Dave posted:

Vivid memories of that stupid duck right between Foxtrot and Peanuts on the front page.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Hey guys how about we collect the blandest drinky duck cartoons and convince the syndicate to just rerun those indefinitely? Think of all the money they'll save.

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

Hey guys how about we collect the blandest drinky duck cartoons and convince the syndicate to just rerun those indefinitely? Think of all the money they'll save.

Hell you could probably find his selection from the Bush tax cuts and run them today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I never knew wtf was up with that comic. My eyes always just kind of went over it as a kid. It's still going and is now about Mongols or something?

• Locked thread