Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

wizard on a water slide posted:

Oh my god this Emperor MP fight

He's at like half and then he goes - counter-haste, Dispel, Slow that affects 7/8 people, multi-target attack spam

What even

Laggy netcode (not helped by the number of attacks involved and the intricate background) combined with someone who is already near the instant-turn threshold hasting themselves and having at the very least quick attacks if not instant.

The dispel -> slow combos are scripted - at 70% and 40%, I'd wager, which are the normal thresholds for that stuff - and everything else in his arsenal is varying degrees of Bullshit AoE.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Oct 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Record Dungeon:
- Releasing in December 2017
- Foretolds an original story of "FFRK"
- Famous scenes from existing FF titles will be fully remade in pixel art
- Will be using a brand new system

The main component of Record Dungeon to look out for is that it makes use of a system that is totally separate from existing contents. They will not be like weekly events.
Furthermore, they are designed in a way to give all players a fair start.

The game screen for Record Dungeons will also be completely new.
Instead of a selection menu like we have for current contents, you will be moving through dungeons in an Airship. This gives players a feeling of adventure.

The original FFRK soundtrack will also be played in Record Dungeon!

Record Dungeon Menu Screen:

Another main attraction of Record Dungeon are the memorable FF scenes in pixel art that are completely made from scratch.
The back of our characters, backgrounds, etc. All are fully remade.
You can also see new sprites like FFVII's Biggs, Wedge & Jessie. Even Cloud in a cross-arm pose.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Hogama posted:

Record Dungeon:
- Releasing in December 2017
- Foretolds an original story of "FFRK"
- Famous scenes from existing FF titles will be fully remade in pixel art
- Will be using a brand new system

The main component of Record Dungeon to look out for is that it makes use of a system that is totally separate from existing contents. They will not be like weekly events.
Furthermore, they are designed in a way to give all players a fair start.

The game screen for Record Dungeons will also be completely new.
Instead of a selection menu like we have for current contents, you will be moving through dungeons in an Airship. This gives players a feeling of adventure.

The original FFRK soundtrack will also be played in Record Dungeon!

Record Dungeon Menu Screen:

Another main attraction of Record Dungeon are the memorable FF scenes in pixel art that are completely made from scratch.
The back of our characters, backgrounds, etc. All are fully remade.
You can also see new sprites like FFVII's Biggs, Wedge & Jessie. Even Cloud in a cross-arm pose.

This looks like it's going to be gated behind magicite...

Cid mentions that magicite used to be used to power an airship, plus look at the party list.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
My team of Vanille/Tyro/Papalymo/Rinoa/Terra got through the 220 FFII fight, it wasn't pretty but we managed it. The Red Soul was tanky as heck, though, and I was worried I wasn;t going to beat the JS.

I took Terra out, and put Exdeath with his USB instead to see if I could squeeze out extra damage. My party steamrolled the JS, Exdeath was raining down Meltdowns all day long thanks to his USB, and even Rinoa's CMD1 on her BSB1 put in a lot of work. Maria RW helped and sometimes I wish I had one of my very own!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I can't wait to see my favorite FFVI scenes done in pixel art.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Mithross posted:

Cid mentions that magicite used to be used to power an airship, plus look at the party list.

Why would they mention giving all players a fair start if that's the case?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

I've noticed the Ultimate levels on these revisits give a tiny number of 3* motes compared to the previous stages. Were they originally 4* motes?

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

PneumonicBook posted:

Why would they mention giving all players a fair start if that's the case?

I don't know, but I just saw the "beat your first magicite cutscene" and it says that an airship runs on magicite, and Elarra is right there, and she says that beating magicite weakens the seal on her.

Maybe you just have to do one? Or maybe it's completely unrelated and all of those things are red herrings.

I mean, I could see them originally deciding to gate it behind magicite, then changing their minds after, so I dunno.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Bruceski posted:

I've noticed the Ultimate levels on these revisits give a tiny number of 3* motes compared to the previous stages. Were they originally 4* motes?

No, originally we just had 3* motes on a drip feed.

Then later on we had a decent amount of 3*, and 4* on a drip feed.

And now we're at plentiful 3*, decent 4* and drip feed of 5*.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

gently caress no.

I have thousands of 3* and dozens to a couple hundred of 5* at any given time. I am completely tapped out of 3-4 types of 4* motes frequently.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Mithross posted:

I don't know, but I just saw the "beat your first magicite cutscene" and it says that an airship runs on magicite, and Elarra is right there, and she says that beating magicite weakens the seal on her.

Maybe you just have to do one? Or maybe it's completely unrelated and all of those things are red herrings.

I mean, I could see them originally deciding to gate it behind magicite, then changing their minds after, so I dunno.

Probably a group unlocked feature.

I need more 4* motes :(

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Mithross posted:

They literally only have 25 stamina in the screenshot.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

wizard on a water slide posted:

Oh my god this Emperor MP fight

He's at like half and then he goes - counter-haste, Dispel, Slow that affects 7/8 people, multi-target attack spam

What even

It's so, so, so much easier solo, just give up and do it that way. It feels like a completely different fight, it's insane.

I bashed my head against that dumbass MP fight for like 2 hours even with parties that had wall, last stand, and multiple healers, and then nailed both difficulties solo on the first try.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

It's so, so, so much easier solo, just give up and do it that way. It feels like a completely different fight, it's insane.

I bashed my head against that dumbass MP fight for like 2 hours even with parties that had wall, last stand, and multiple healers, and then nailed both difficulties solo on the first try.

What do you use?

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Electric Phantasm posted:

What do you use?

I brought:

Cid Raines, fully dived with BSB, memento mori and wrath, + magic RM
Shadow, partially dived with BSB, lifesiphon + whatever, + ninja damage RM
Ramza, fully dived with Shout + USB, lifesiphon + affliction break, Battleforged
Onion Knight with BSB, Full Break, Magic Breakdown, Dr. Mog
Yshtola, fully dived with BSB + Wall, Ultra Cure + Protectga (shellga might have been better), Mako Might

Just RWed a wall

Basically Cid wraths until his BSB is ready, then casts memento mori and just chains CM1 of his BSB over and over.
Shadow lifesiphons and then chains his BSB CM1 together also.
Ramza slaps him with affliction break to hopefully stop him from slowing people, then I just lifesiphoned into his USB over and over, mixing in a Shout now and then might have been better but I dunno
OK casts his BSB, hits both breakdowns, then spams CM2
Yshtola hits the RW wall then just protects and cures until a big AoE hits, then I used Asylum

I've got some crazy good relics for this obviously, but you could probably do something similar without too much fuss if you've got any decent dark DPS options / +dark gear.

Probably not optimal at all since I was playing it extra cautious with the RW wall when I probably could have just used Yshtola for that and brought more firepower, but it was pretty easy. Didn't even need to bring last stand or anything, which was a nice change of pace compared to his "haste then dispel then spam 5 AoE attacks in a row before you can get an action off" multiplayer version.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Followed this advice and ran a modified version of my Holy magicite team + Cloud USB RW and it worked pretty well.

Ramza - Wrath/banishing strike - Chant/Shout - TG Might
Rikku - Magic dance/multi break - USB - Mako Might
Ysh - Wrath/Curada - Stoneskin/bsb - Dr. Mogs
Sephiroth - lifesiphon/hailstorm - Endark ssb - +weakness damage RM
Gaffgarion - Lifesiphon/Dread Weapon - BSB - Truthseeker RM

Slow resist accessories on everyone.

I basically took the first phase slow and built up two sb bars on Seph and Gaff while the other three kept buffs up and Ysh was able to barely keep everyone standing. Then fire off the Cloud USB on each of the dps and rush him down. Emp is too busy using dispel followed by slow to do any damage between his phase transitions. By the time he casts his first slow he's down past 40% and has to dispel and cast slow again.

And since you have two bars worth of USB empowered dps, that damage cannot be counter-hasted.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
3/22 Ace LMR, Nine LMR, Deuce BSB

Ehhh, could be worse I guess. Another boost will come in handy for me at least.

e: yolo'd another: Deuce USB! Awesome!

ceaselessfuture fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Oct 29, 2017

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

iPodschun posted:

I did a Belias vid too because why not

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oCb3_nPzkI

For the record, I replicated this effect on the d250 just now (my first d250!!)

I don't have rikku bsb but I have tyro usb2, so that's a 15% vs 30% boost, who can also dance too.

I also don't have TGC BSB, but I have his SSB. I also don't have Ramza USB but I have the other ones.

Otherwise it's functionally the same.

That being said, I went into the d250 boss with full SB bars on everyone (so functionally the same poo poo as the JS), and TGC's ssb was only hitting for 13-15k. Agrias's BSB was hitting for 35k times FOUR after 2 imperils. This will probably be even higher on JS as I get to skip the trash and equip damage increasing RMs.

Jesus .

The Mattybee
Sep 15, 2007

despair.
so Nine LMR doesn't work with his BSB commands

that's cool and not at all completely lovely

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
I got Deuce's LMR from the dollar pull and was thinking of possibly pulling on the Type 0 banner but other than a jackpot of all of Ace's stuff I don't think it's worth it. Deuce's USB seems pretty good but her BSB doesn't seem that special considering I'm stacked with Boostgas/Faithgas (Rikku USB, Onion BSB, Shout, Mog's BSB, probably one or two others I'm forgetting). Am I reading this right or is Deuce secretly great? I've been using Iris with her BSB and the only positive I can see with switching to Deuce assuming I pulled her stuff is because she has a natural dual cast WHM and I don't have Iris' LMR.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
Deuce is good, apparently, because of her LMR, USB, upcoming Bard abilities, and her natural +35% doublecast LM2. Being able to use 5* Black is kinda neat too I guess.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
So I'm pondering a draw on Type-0. I have Deuce's LMR already, do you think it's worth drawing on?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

OHMYGOD I did my first D300 JS! :bravo:

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

ceaselessfuture posted:

Deuce is good, apparently, because of her LMR, USB, upcoming Bard abilities, and her natural +35% doublecast LM2. Being able to use 5* Black is kinda neat too I guess.

What upcoming Bard abilities specifically? The mithril is more or less spent, it's just deciding between one Type Zero pull or a Noctis/Iris LMR chase pull.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

PneumonicBook posted:

What upcoming Bard abilities specifically? The mithril is more or less spent, it's just deciding between one Type Zero pull or a Noctis/Iris LMR chase pull.

Depending on what you already have on each banner, I'd just pull on the one with fewer dupes. I was talking about Allegro con Moto and forgot that it's already in the game! I think there are some 50% +Atk and +Mag buffs coming down the pipeline as well.

quote:

So I'm pondering a draw on Type-0. I have Deuce's LMR already, do you think it's worth drawing on?

If you get another one of her relics, then that'd be great! I went for Type-0 because I already had Ace USB and I wanted his BSB. I also was interested in getting a decent healer. Nine seems like a pretty meh wind-based Dragoon whose BSB isn't even Dragoon, but Ace and Deuce are by all accounts fantastic.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
The upcoming Bard abilities are basically 'stacking' ATK or MAG buffs that get stronger as you refresh the duration (which is about 10s normally).

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

ApplesandOranges posted:

The upcoming Bard abilities are basically 'stacking' ATK or MAG buffs that get stronger as you refresh the duration (which is about 10s normally).

I feel like having that on the character trying to keep everyone else alive means you won't have high stacks. Maybe I'm wrong though?

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

I'd agree, which, hypothetically speaking, is the reason the LMR is decent -- it lets you heal and keep up the buffs at the same time.

The Bard abilities also stack with Shout/Raines, unless I'm misreading.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

ceaselessfuture posted:

I'd agree, which, hypothetically speaking, is the reason the LMR is decent -- it lets you heal and keep up the buffs at the same time.

The Bard abilities also stack with Shout/Raines, unless I'm misreading.

Ah yea, that's an excellent point that I didn't think about. In that case it's probably pretty useful considering if my WHM isn't healing and there isn't a gimmick they're just kind of sitting there.

Type 0 pull was Nine's BSB and Ace's BSB. Hmm. I guess I'll wait and pull on the next Type 0 banner for Deuce specifically. Although that's right after the OK banner. I'll probably pull on 15 again before the banner's up because I'm a glutton for Moogle Dolls.

PneumonicBook fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Oct 29, 2017

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

It's definitely something I wanted :( 0/2 for wanted LMRs.

but hey at least my Ace's spells give him blink sometimes now...???

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
I got Ace BSB and Deuce LMR dupe. Sure, I'll take that, I guess!

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
I ended up doing Hit and Run poo poo for the first time in forever just because I didn't feel like dealing with trying Emperor MP. I probably built up more bars than I needed, but I wanted those Spirit motes bad.

The mote "dailies" in late December can't come soon enough.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

Shock Trooper posted:

The mote "dailies"

excuse me sir what the gently caress is this

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Two of the Halloween hunt icons are on the title banner's of the item chest and party screen.. Haven't found the third.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

Bruceski posted:

Two of the Halloween hunt icons are on the title banner's of the item chest and party screen.. Haven't found the third.

Click Mog's chest in the Library window! :)

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

ceaselessfuture posted:

They're introducing bosses you can farm for 4* motes, at 60 stamina a pop. Each mote type will have an associated boss (each has an elemental weakness, so they're like super-easy magicite bosses). Beat them in under 30 seconds and you get 10 motes. Each one sticks around for a couple days, but there is always one open. So I think you get like 3 days twice a month to farm each type.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

ceaselessfuture posted:

Sometime after the next Daily Dungeon overhaul (or during it? I'm not 100% on the timeframe), Japan added five cycling mote dungeons into the daily dungeon lineup. They're Difficulty 180 bosses designed for speed clearing, you only have one gauge to work with (and it's hardlocked, so no lifesiphon/entrust shenanigans), and you get some 4* motes for a clear, or more for a sub-30 clear.

e:f;b what Schwartz said.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

Well holy poo poo, that basically solves the one major issue I had with the game.

Hawkeye
Jun 2, 2003

iPodschun posted:

I did a Belias vid too because why not

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oCb3_nPzkI

Thank you for this, I just couldn't figure this drat fight out because there was so much HP to chew through. I had kept clear of using Cloud's USB but now I get it...

Celes w/ BSB2 (w/ low % 2X cast LM, fully dived)
OK w/ BSB
Relm w/ USB, BSB
Ramza w/ Shout, Chant
Record Keeper w/ Wall

Mine was less pretty, mostly because I didn't use Relm USB well to get the most out of Cloud USB, but Celes AOE for 20-40K/turn gave me enough time to limp through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

ceaselessfuture posted:

Well holy poo poo, that basically solves the one major issue I had with the game.

Yup, they're not effortless but if you're at all able to clear Magicite you will probably smash them. I'll also add in a few more details:

-You get six of the 4* Mote for clearing it at all, every time. If you do sub 30sec you get an additional 4 for 10 4* Motes total.
-Each boss is 200% weak as well as not having nearly as high of stats as a Magicite Boss, so any team designed for the latter will almost be overkill for the former.
-There is no Realm Synergy for any of the Mote Dungeons, just like Magicite.
-The bosses are as follows: 4* Spirit is Tonberry King who is weak to Earth, 4* Dex is Wladislaus (the sword-wielding Cieth from near the end of XIII) who is weak to Thunder, 4* Vit is King Behemoth and Undead Behemoth and they are both weak to Fire, 4* Wisdom is Lich who is weak to Wind and 4* Bravery is Red Dragon who is weak to Dark.

Zurai did a guide for all of them on Reddit:

https://im.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/6pikr5/new_mote_dungeons_boss_guide/

• Locked thread