Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Lizard Wizard posted:

E: forgot to mention, but is the implication with Graphite that bugsters gain a human form when their host dies?

Sort of, but other times later on you'll see hosts that just become mind-slaves. Also, Bugsters advanced forms are apparently based on game NPCs but their base form is this orange fish-thing that acts like a Goomba in Mighty Action X and.. well... don't ask questions. Just go with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Kiriya... :(

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Buckle Up, LizWiz, you just got to where this show finds its stride.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

PMush Perfect posted:

Not Dragon/something?

No, as shown earlier when Banjou tried to use Rabbit and Tank, he's only compatible (at least, for now) with Dragon. The dragon mecha thingy Sento made him plugs into the Build Driver to make it work with only a single Bottle.

The actual Best Match for Dragon is Lock, creating KeyDragon, but that's unusable by Banjou.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Merry Christmas!

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

May the Sacred Flame shine forth!

Welcome to Ex-Aid :getin:

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

ep12 thoughts: we're suddenly jumping to level 10 now, and it's clear that new gashats might just surface whenever. guess we're gonna get even cooler new forms soon!

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Hey, we have another new form! And it's one hell of a form, so this is behind spoiler tags!

Ex-Aid Best Match!

Which is...literally Ex-Aid Lv2. Turns out Sento was never Katsuragi, he was Tsukasa all along.

Also KR Wiki has scans for several other Rider forms including, fittingly enough, Decade. They all follow the same principle of turning Sento into the Rider proper but with the Build Driver.

Blaze Dragon fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Oct 28, 2017

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Wait is that going to happen in the show

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Burkion posted:

Heisei Generations (Not Quite So) FINAL?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Burkion posted:

Ghost had the Rider Eyecons mostly be confined to their own specials but I think they used them in one of the last episodes of the show. So it might be a similar situation where there's mini-specials where Build uses the Rider bottles and it's a tossup as to whether they show up in the show itself.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Twelve by Pies posted:

Ghost had the Rider Eyecons mostly be confined to their own specials but I think they used them in one of the last episodes of the show. So it might be a similar situation where there's mini-specials where Build uses the Rider bottles and it's a tossup as to whether they show up in the show itself.

No, all of the Rider Eyecons were only used in either the Legendary! Rider Souls special or the Kamen Rider 1 movie, with Ex-Aid appearing, obviously, in Heisei Generations. In general, the previous Rider stuff will never appear in the series proper, with the obvious exception of Decade and the more unexpected exception of Wizard's last two episodes which may as well have been a special considering they had no connection whatsoever with the series' actual plot.

Ex-Aid Best Match will appear in Heisei Generations Final. The rest, apparently, will do so as well, which is rather impressive because that's a lot of forms.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

What're the odds of Ex-Aid giving Build a poo poo ton of Multiply power ups so he can become all the non-present Riders ala All The Forms via GataKiriBa OOO?

Also while just "becoming the rider" is a little lame, it is probably better than attempting New Forms based on each rider since they usually look like garbage. Some of Ghost's were alright.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I liked how Fourze did it, having different Modules based on each Rider rather than a whole new form, but for some reason those never appeared outside of Ganbaride. A shame.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Ex-Aid with a surprising amount of blood and poo poo getting real. This is good poo poo even if the belts look like fanny packs. Giant plastic fanny packs. Full of space warp video game violence.

It’s like Super Sentai but the rangers are completely dysfunctional. I guess it wouldn’t be a Kamen Rider show if the riders weren’t constantly at each other’s throats.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Ep13 thoughts: drat, Emu's got a hell of a fortitude save.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

coconono posted:

It’s like Super Sentai but the rangers are completely dysfunctional.
Too long to be a thread title. :(

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Lizard Wizard posted:

Ep13 thoughts: drat, Emu's got a hell of a fortitude save.
Now's a good time to watch the Snipe miniseries by the by. There's also some background errata that will make less sense if you don't watch the big Pac-Man team up movie but it can be handwaved away with relative ease if you get confused.

no go on Quiznos
May 16, 2007

Pork Pro

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

What're the odds of Ex-Aid giving Build a poo poo ton of Multiply power ups so he can become all the non-present Riders ala All The Forms via GataKiriBa OOO?

Also while just "becoming the rider" is a little lame, it is probably better than attempting New Forms based on each rider since they usually look like garbage. Some of Ghost's were alright.

The Wizard hoodie was one of the best things to come out of Wizard.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Craptacular! posted:

Now's a good time to watch the Snipe miniseries by the by. There's also some background errata that will make less sense if you don't watch the big Pac-Man team up movie but it can be handwaved away with relative ease if you get confused.

To make it easier on people watching, here's where every special happens or should be watched:

-Kamen Rider Heisei Generations: Dr. Pac-Man vs. Ex-Aid & Ghost with Legend Riders: Between episodes 10 and 11, as the other Riders don't know Kuroto is Genm. The events of the movie are canon to the series, but it's not obligatory to watch, everything important in it is explained in-series.
-Kamen Rider Ex-Aid "Tricks": Kamen Rider Genm: After the previous movie, as it serves as a direct continuation. Not subbed by EXCITE as far as I know, but also of dubious canonicity.
-Kamen Rider Snipe: Episode ZERO: The present part of the special is heavily unclear on when it happens, but it must happen between episodes 14 and 23 since Genm uses Level X, so it's before his death and rebirth as a Bugster. The past portion happens, of course, before the series itself. The first two episodes are subbed, the third is not, and the fourth has not been released yet. Absolutely a must-watch to understand Taiga's fall from grace, as well as, obviously, very much canon since several scenes are referenced in the series proper.
-Kamen Rider Brave: ~Let's Survive! Revival of the Beast Rider Squad!~: Between episodes 19 and 20 due to the date it happens in. Subbed, but non-canon and not particularly good. Still, it's short and if you really want to see Emu get beaten up in a way that's way too bloody for Ex-Aid but perfectly in-place for Ryuki, or just want to see Ohja back, go for it.
-Kamen Rider × Super Sentai: Chou Super Hero Taisen: After episode 23. Non-canon. Not subbed yet, I believe.
-Kamen Sentai Gorider: After Chou Super Hero Taisen, as it serves as a continuation of it. Just as non-canon, obviously, and just as not subbed, by EXCITE at least.
-Kamen Rider Ex-Aid "Tricks": Kamen Rider Lazer: Between episodes 23 and 24 as CR has Kiriya's computer and Poppy has not been brainwashed yet. Likely canon, but not needed to understand the series, nonetheless it serves as an explanation for how Kiriya knows the Proto-Gashats' true purpouse.
-Kamen Rider Ex-Aid "Tricks": Kamen Rider Para-DX: After the finale, but before True Ending. Not released yet.
-Kamen Rider Ex-Aid: True Ending: After the finale and Para-DX, but released before the latter and thus not affected by it. Serves as an epilogue to the series, thus is canon. Not subbed yet.
-Kamen Rider Ex-Aid: Final Stage: After the finale. It's unclear if it happens before or after True Ending as of yet, but considering Nico can become Snipe, which she doesn't in True Ending, it's likely after. Not released yet.
-Kamen Rider Heisei Generations FINAL: Build & Ex-Aid with Legend Riders: After True Ending. Apparently follows from its events, so True Ending will likely be needed to watch it. Not released yet.
-Kamen Rider Ex-Aid Trilogy: Another Ending: After True Ending, two years after in fact. Due to that, it likely happens after Heisei Generations FINAL as well. Not released yet.

I think that's all, Ex-Aid has a lot of stuff...

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Blaze Dragon posted:

No, all of the Rider Eyecons were only used in either the Legendary! Rider Souls special or the Kamen Rider 1 movie, with Ex-Aid appearing, obviously, in Heisei Generations. In general, the previous Rider stuff will never appear in the series proper, with the obvious exception of Decade and the more unexpected exception of Wizard's last two episodes which may as well have been a special considering they had no connection whatsoever with the series' actual plot.

Ah, okay, I couldn't remember fully because Frey and Freya did actually appear in the series, and I thought maybe that may have meant they used a Rider Eyecon.

That said, Ghost actually did have a flashback to the final episode of Drive in episode four, when Takeru was remembering how he got the Newton Eyecon.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I think the Kamen Rider Ex Aid christmas special gave me an LSD flashback. That fight scene was intensely weird.

E: oh poo poo, that got real dark. Noooo Kiriya.

coconono fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Oct 29, 2017

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

(Source)

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Oh, so this is the version Gen Urobuchi wanted.

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

May the Sacred Flame shine forth!

coconono posted:

I think the Kamen Rider Ex Aid christmas special gave me an LSD flashback. That fight scene was intensely weird.

E: oh poo poo, that got real dark. Noooo Kiriya.

Welcome to ExAid

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

All the other kids with the pumped up locks
Better run
Better run

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

COLT ARMS

(or whatever gun that is, I dunno guns)

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

:perfect: I can't believe this joke hasn't been made before in my recent memory.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

gently caress, that's even better :vince:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Build is SO GOOD!

I know I sound like a broken record but MAN.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Waffleman_ posted:

Build is SO GOOD!

I know I sound like a broken record but MAN.

Yeah holy poo poo this episode.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

"Wait, how did Nanba get such good pictures of BuiOH MY GOD"

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Why does the Lion Bottle let him shoot Hadoukens?

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Guy Goodbody posted:

Cats fear vacuums, unaware that their true potential can only be unlocked by fusing with one.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Because that's what lions do, obviously.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Guy Goodbody posted:

They're the Build equivalent of hairballs.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

more Ex-Aid thoughts:

The armors get cooler/more ridiculous as the season progresses, sweet. They don't have too much tactical significance beyond being more powerful but there's already so many moving parts in the story, it'd be overwhelming to have to show that as well.
Taiga's starting to grow on me. Mostly because he's fuckin annoyed by everyone's existence. I can respect that.
I'm a sucker for foreshadowing so Emu's second surgery reveal was a nice payoff. You know he's deeply involved in the bugster pandemic so seeing all the disparate threads about him link up was fulfilling. I can see Taiga and Surgery Jerk's conflict starting to come to a head too so I'm excited to see that play out.
The bugsters themselves are a dynamic lot which is a huge improvement over Agito's bland serial killers.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Is Wizard the only Rider who actually has a place to hold his form change gadgets?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Didn't Kengo carry Fourze's switches around in a case, or was that just the Burgeroids?