Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

Is there any way Matt Campbell stays at ISU? It's refreshing to see a bottom feeder succeed that doesn't cover for rapists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

GobiasIndustries posted:

Good, but nothing's gonna beat BYU this year.

Nah, duck is better.

And I can't believe I'm this happy/excited about a win over Purdue. Although Saquon and PSU are going to run for 400 yards against us in two weeks.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
IF WE GO 4-0 WE'RE GOING TO SHREVEPORT, BOYS!

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Stanley Tucheetos posted:

Is there any way Matt Campbell stays at ISU? It's refreshing to see a bottom feeder succeed that doesn't cover for rapists.

His buyout at the end of the year is $9.4 million. It's gonna take a lot to pull him for now.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
Cougs, no! WSU needs to stay out of Arizona.

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.
I don't think UConn is going bowling this year.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Ohio States D Line was insane in the 4th quarter. They held Penn State to negative yards on three of their last four drives. Oh the offense was pretty good too. JT Barrett had 16 straight completions at the end of the game.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Crotch Bat posted:

Given the overall weakness of the field, I think so provided the SECCG wasn't a blowout and a convincing win didn't happen somewhere else e.g. OSU blowing out Wisconsin. Especially true if UGA wins the SEC.

Committee wants eyes on TVs, Bama/Clemson is a must if possible, ND always brings in people good and bad, a good SECCG re-match isn't out of the question, I think.

this year is going to be the first time I ever root for notre dame because having the big12, pac12, big10 and acc all fighting over one spot is going to result in playoff expansion and then we can see cool teams like UCF get in if they're undefeated

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Good morning thread. I'm hungover and Iowa State has two top ten wins.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
MSU game was of course disappointing but not really worth getting glum about after last year. It’s not like we were really contending for the conference already and the team is super young. Most on brand thing would be to beat Ohio State or Penn State and then lose to Maryland.

Lewerke must’ve gotten all his passing yards on the first drive and the last two drives+3OT. He was missing guys deep all day and throwing short and medium passes at guys’ knees or into the dirt. He also should’ve thrown at least two picks in regulation and that game ending pick is entirely on him. Throwing a jump ball across your body on second down? Come the gently caress on dude.

Defense looked awful most of the day. It feels miraculous that they only gave up 17 in regulation. By OT they were completely gassed and embarrassed.

Walking through Evanston it felt like about 60% MSU fans but in the stadium it was about 50/50. Northwestern fans are very nice and there were a lot of people that came together representing both schools. The guy in front of me kept going “RAWR RAWR RAWR” and it was really cringeworthy. I’d feel better about the loss if it hadn’t been loving cold as hell all day.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Henchman of Santa posted:

MSU game was of course disappointing but not really worth getting glum about after last year. It’s not like we were really contending for the conference already and the team is super young. Most on brand thing would be to beat Ohio State or Penn State and then lose to Maryland.

Lewerke must’ve gotten all his passing yards on the first drive and the last two drives+3OT. He was missing guys deep all day and throwing short and medium passes at guys’ knees or into the dirt. He also should’ve thrown at least two picks in regulation and that game ending pick is entirely on him. Throwing a jump ball across your body on second down? Come the gently caress on dude.

Defense looked awful most of the day. It feels miraculous that they only gave up 17 in regulation. By OT they were completely gassed and embarrassed.

Walking through Evanston it felt like about 60% MSU fans but in the stadium it was about 50/50. Northwestern fans are very nice and there were a lot of people that came together representing both schools. The guy in front of me kept going “RAWR RAWR RAWR” and it was really cringeworthy. I’d feel better about the loss if it hadn’t been loving cold as hell all day.

please don't rawrshame

Tad SG
Apr 16, 2003

Here are provided seats of meditative joy, where shall rise again the destined reign of Troy.
Pac12 is such a mess. Most teams have 4 conference games left, and we've already got 11/12 teams in this year's transitive win loop:

co>cal>wsu>usc>stan>asu>uw>ucla>oregon>utah>zona>co

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

R.D. Mangles posted:

please don't rawrshame

That loving wildcat foley sound (which I think is actually a tiger) was driving me nuts.

Also lol at the guy who skydives in with an American flag during the anthem that they just leave on the ground.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

That loving wildcat foley sound (which I think is actually a tiger) was driving me nuts.

Also lol at the guy who skydives in with an American flag during the anthem that they just leave on the ground.

at least this time he wasn't near the red fireworks that shoot up, i swear they've come close to hitting that guy a few times

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

R.D. Mangles posted:

at least this time he wasn't near the red fireworks that shoot up, i swear they've come close to hitting that guy a few times

My dad pointed out that sudden explosive sounds near a large crowd in this day and age is kind of terrifying. I thought people would duck and cover.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
So did Saquon Barkley hurt or help his Heisman chances yesterday? Dude had 2 admittedly great plays but did almost nothing else the rest of the game.

Mr. World
May 6, 2007
Working undercover for the man . . .
A&M is still rear end. :sigh: And now we are going to fire the best coach we have had since R.C. because he couldn’t find a decent OC after Kliff left and spend the next decade in rebuilding hell.

Sir Thats Gross
May 27, 2006
Lyle Allen Jones is still employed by the University of Tennessee. I’m going to finish watching the season because football but what else is it going to take for him to not be our coach? I made the mistake last night of looking at the Tennessee football reddit and oh boy. Those guys are rabid about Gruden being our next coach.

sexy mouse
Sep 18, 2008

sexy eye~
sexy nose~
sexy mouse~
don't you know~
https://www.seccountry.com/florida/report-florida-officials-meeting-jim-mcelwain-sunday-morning

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Remember that time that Chauncey Gardner Jr. went on twitter to hate on Fromm for only throwing slants? I do, and here he is being totally blown up in all aspects of being blown up on a slant play:

https://twitter.com/UGAFOOTBALL2015/status/924437670289444864

Introducing interim head coach Nuss.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Tennessee V:lol:s

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

Mahoning posted:

So did Saquon Barkley hurt or help his Heisman chances yesterday? Dude had 2 admittedly great plays but did almost nothing else the rest of the game.

Some of it was bad play calling and o-line play in the 2nd half, but 2 YPC in a loss couldn't have helped.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

I think ISU will pay a lot for Campbell, but I figure we'll lose one or both coordinators.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Iowa's season has been annoying but they won a big bronze pig so this week is good. 2-0 in trophy games so far this year (and in a shocking reversal of fortune they're probably going to be the only thing keeping ISU out of the top 10 lmao)

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.

my wife makes the wildcat sound

any time we watch any northwestern game

then when they beat us she still does it but angrily

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Kentucky beat Tennessee and is bowl eligible in October for only the second time in 40 years. Ugly win, but they've all been this year. Didn't think they'd recover from 4 fumbles, but defense did a good job of holding them to 3 FGs off the turnovers (though Tennessee's incompetence did help too).

There was a bit of an injury scare when Stephen Johnson went out with a hurt shoulder, but was able to come back in and lead the final drive, capping it off with a leaping TD run and 2pt conversion for the 3 point lead. Stoops said after the game he's in some pain but should be able to play next week.

Tennessee's last drive though was way too familiar to Kentucky fans. Even with only 33 seconds left I still wasn't confident in the win until the clock hit double zeroes. Gave up 26 yards on a 4th and 25. Another big play to get within Hail Mary distance. And then Tennessee actually catches it, and visions of the bluegrass miracle went through my head. At least this time the receiver was tackled short of the goal line, but that was way too close.

Still, it's a win, and UK is going bowling with more winnable games left on the schedule.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

His buyout is big and they generally aren't afraid to pay a lot for coaches. I think ultimately he's gone because he's young and probably knows he can't sustain success at ISU but I wouldn't be totally stunned if he's there for a bit. I think Tom manning is probably about to get a way better job though, maybe a HC at a MAC level, but I think definitely a bigger OC/OL job

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
Just a reminder that Khalil Tate has started four games this season and is 13th in overall rushing yards, averages 13.4 yards per carry, has a passer rating of 187.5, and most importantly is undefeated as a starter.

E: video evidence of his greatness
https://twitter.com/PickSixPreviews/status/924501342604922880
https://twitter.com/RKelapire/status/924465387386781697

Ghost of Reagan Past fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Oct 29, 2017

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

lots of guys can overthrow a receiver that is open by nearly ten yards

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

Just a reminder that Khalil Tate has started four games this season and is 13th in overall rushing yards, averages 13.4 yards per carry, has a passer rating of 187.5, and most importantly is undefeated as a starter.

E: video evidence of his greatness
https://twitter.com/PickSixPreviews/status/924501342604922880
https://twitter.com/RKelapire/status/924465387386781697

how the gently caress was Pat White, But Better on the bench to start the season

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

lots of guys can overthrow a receiver that is open by nearly ten yards
Is this more your speed
https://twitter.com/RKelapire/status/924449523199492097

MourningView posted:

how the gently caress was Pat White, But Better on the bench to start the season
I have no idea but Arizona would almost assuredly be undefeated and he'd have already sewn up the Heisman.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Yea, he's had a pretty crazy rise. Last night was the first and sadly only time he'll play a D that doesn't just roll over against any O with a pulse but he played very well against them. With the exception of Oregon at 48 and Wazzu's top 20 D, every other D he'll have started against is ranked 90th or worse because apparently the Pac 12 is garbage on that side of the ball this year. Arizona is no better either, they escaped Colorado by 3 points and Cal by 1 point.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Oct 29, 2017

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

Is this more your speed

yes that throw was a delight, and is enhanced by the receiver's name being "Poindexter"

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
The funny part is he's probably going to keep RichRod employed longer than I think some Arizona fans want.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Crotch Bat posted:

The funny part is he's probably going to keep RichRod employed longer than I think some Arizona fans want.
Those people are dumb.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Our new president was president there when he was hired so expect that to get a mention if the job opens up. Plus there's already a successful ISU-Auburn coaching pipeline!

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

nobody let any big ten teams wear all-grey alternate uniforms ever again

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

R.D. Mangles posted:

nobody let any big ten teams wear all-grey alternate uniforms ever again

Also, nobody should wear grey uniforms in general

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Joel Klatt said before the game yesterday that Ohio State is the second best team. I agree so let's put them at #2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

I actually liked OSU's grey uniforms. The overall color scheme of the game wasn't really great though.

Man, that loss hurt. Utter collapse.

• Locked thread