Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Inzombiac posted:

In the SNES game Zombies Ate My Neighbors you have to survive each level and save your clueless neighbors.

What I didn't know until recently is that the neighbors are not a set amount per level.
You have only so many that carry over from level to level and if they die, that's it.
I've never had them all die but I assume that's the second fail state.

I've played this game many times before and read this at least 3 times and still have no clue what it means.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
You lose the game if all the neighbors get killed. You have fewer and fewer to start with each level if they keep getting killed, instead of the same number in each level, every time.

Edit: This is also why I never beat that loving game.

Rollersnake has a new favorite as of 04:56 on Oct 26, 2017

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Rollersnake posted:

You lose the game if all the neighbors get killed. You have fewer and fewer to start with each level if they keep getting killed, instead of the same number in each level, every time.

I've never gotten past the second or third mall level. Not due to neighbor deaths, its due to the GIANT loving BABY

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Rollersnake posted:

So if you had 10 initially and lost 5 in first level there'd be 5 in the second and if you lost 2 in that level, you'd have 3 left?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Yeah, exactly. They act as a sort of timer because monsters are all roaming towards them.

You have to prioritize who to get really quickly.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
I thought Fats Domino died like 30 years ago

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Inzombiac posted:

I've never gotten past the second or third mall level. Not due to neighbor deaths, its due to the GIANT loving BABY

Same. :negative:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Inzombiac posted:

Yeah, exactly. They act as a sort of timer because monsters are all roaming towards them.

You have to prioritize who to get really quickly.

So if you lost all but one in level one you're basically hosed because there are some that are basically impossible on some later maps?

I'm going to have to replay it now. thanks jerks.

Milo and POTUS has a new favorite as of 09:39 on Oct 26, 2017

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

It's LAPC-I not LAPC-1.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Every so often you'll get a neighbor added back to the lineup. I can't remember if it's at certain level marks or what but I know you can earn them back.

Also loving sandworms man.
And fishmen.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Olive! posted:

I thought Fats Domino died like 30 years ago

This. I never looked it up or anything; I just slotted him into "must be dead" slot.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
He slept on noted NFL bust JaMarcus Russell’s couch during Katrina

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

purple death ray posted:

I live in Oklahoma so we have fun things like Okmulgee and Tahlequah. I never thought twice about it until I started hearing people from outside the region try to pronounce them
Don't forget the town of Miami, Oklahoma, which is pronounced "Miam-uh." Local newscasters carefully pronounce the Oklahoma town as Miam-uh while correctly saying "Miami" for the city in Florida.

In North Dakota there's Hebron, pronounced HEE-brun.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

pookel posted:

Don't forget the town of Miami, Oklahoma, which is pronounced "Miam-uh." Local newscasters carefully pronounce the Oklahoma town as Miam-uh while correctly saying "Miami" for the city in Florida.

In North Dakota there's Hebron, pronounced HEE-brun.

so it's MEE-am UH? :thunk:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

The song "Like A Prayer" is about givin' out sweet blowjobs.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

The song "Like A Prayer" is about givin' out sweet blowjobs.

I watched the video just now and :lol: at Madonna busting some sweet Elaine Benes dance moves at the very end.

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

Elizabethan Error posted:

so it's MEE-am UH? :thunk:
My-AM-uh.

The one in Florida is My-AM-ee.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Chubby Checker is still alive.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Pretty much all of the very early rock stars were still alive until the last couple of years. The ones that died did so famously like Buddy Holly and Elvis.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Milo and POTUS posted:

So if you lost all but one in level one you're basically hosed because there are some that are basically impossible on some later maps?

I'm going to have to replay it now. thanks jerks.
Speedrun strats is to let all but one get eaten so you have less to rescue.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NehbVGWuv34
Levels end when you've saved everyone.

Croccers has a new favorite as of 14:38 on Oct 27, 2017

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mister Facetious posted:

Bubsy is not the same cat that goes, "Ick!" in that comic with the penguin.

:mad:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I don't know if the infrared camera part is accurate but still. Black panthers have spots too. That's a surprise.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

On a couple of occasions Ive gotten to see the panther at the local zoo close enough to notice those IRL. It's so neat :3

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

I don't know if the infrared camera part is accurate but still. Black panthers have spots too. That's a surprise.

And black housecats have stripes! Sometimes when mine is in the sun I can see them and then I tease her about her terrible dark secret that she's secretly a tabby.

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice

RareAcumen posted:

Did you notice the word 'misleading' right under the headline?

quote:

The picture only uses a poor camera in terrible lighting to represent human vision.
I do not know if the second picture is really in infrared, but I'd imagine that since the spots on any black panther can be seen normally, they would also show in infrared.
It's also important to note there are no true black panthers. Black panthers don't exist at all actually, as they're really either black jaguars or black leopards (like here).
A panther is more commonly called a cougar, and cougars are never melanistic.

(via reddit, the source of both the image and the rebuttal. Unless this guy was making stuff up too...?)

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben
The name Xavier is derived from the Basque Etxeberria, and isn't another "savior" name like Salvador or whatever.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

uvar posted:

Did you notice the word 'misleading' right under the headline?

(via reddit, the source of both the image and the rebuttal. Unless this guy was making stuff up too...?)

Leopards and jaguars are literally panthers.

e: Well, the other way around really. There's no animal called panther that isn't either a leopard or jaguar. Except in the US because Americans are really loving stupid.

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 17:42 on Oct 29, 2017

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jerry Cotton posted:

Leopards and jaguars are literally panthers.

e: Well, the other way around really. There's no animal called panther that isn't either a leopard or jaguar. Except in the US because Americans are really loving stupid.

Tigers, Lions, Jaguars and Leopards are also all Panthera.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

Tigers, Lions, Jaguars and Leopards are also all Panthera.

Yes, and Mountain Lions/Cougars are not. They are the genus Puma.

Both Puma and Panthera are in the same family of Felidae.

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
Tigers, Lions, Jaguars and Leopards are Pantera Coldplay

NonzeroCircle has a new favorite as of 22:11 on Oct 29, 2017

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice
This is just me being out of touch, but apparently touch-typing school lessons haven't been a thing for like a decade now. It doesn't seem to be slowing them down, annoyingly.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

NonzeroCircle posted:

Tigers, Lions, Jaguars and Leopards are Pantera Coldplay

Oh my.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

Croccers posted:

Speedrun strats is to let all but one get eaten so you have less to rescue.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NehbVGWuv34
Levels end when you've saved everyone.

Holy heck, I can't believe I never knew this. Today I learned so much about a game I haven't been able to beat in 2 decades.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

uvar posted:

This is just me being out of touch, but apparently touch-typing school lessons haven't been a thing for like a decade now. It doesn't seem to be slowing them down, annoyingly.

Hmph, kids these days won't have the same opportunities to learn typing that I did.

Selling lobs 250 each
Selling lobs 250 each
Selling lobs 250 each
Selling lobs 250 each
red: selling lobs 250 each
red: selling lobs 240 each

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

ArtIsResistance posted:

Hmph, kids these days won't have the same opportunities to learn typing that I did.

Selling lobs 250 each
Selling lobs 250 each
Selling lobs 250 each
Selling lobs 250 each
red: selling lobs 250 each
red: selling lobs 240 each

code:
a lad had jak salad

Whiz Palace
Dec 8, 2013
There's a chunk of English vocabulary that remains relevant solely through typing tests and palindromes.

ubergnu
Jun 7, 2002

Failed gothic
Just found out yesterday after all these years: The Bangles' Hazy Shade of Winter isn't written by them, it's a cover of a Simon and Garfunkel song! And I thought I had a somewhat good knowledge of their discography.

The Bangles version is better

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Whiz Palace posted:

There's a chunk of English vocabulary that remains relevant solely through typing tests and palindromes.

The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog.

EDIT: Looks like it doesn't have an S. I guess it should be "foxes" or "dogs".

IUG has a new favorite as of 15:54 on Oct 31, 2017

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

jumps not jumped

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

IUG posted:

The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog.

EDIT: Looks like it doesn't have an S. I guess it should be "foxes" or "dogs".

That's why you do "jumps" and not "jumped"

drat it Emmy