Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
There's no plot in that game worth understanding and all of it is told through the most disorienting trying-way-too-hard cutscenes I have ever seen

Also super cool that the last boss is incredibly ridiculously racist

gently caress Getting Up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Matt is correct about the Asura's Wrath true ending DLC being horseshit

Matt could not be more wrong about the Asura's Wrath true ending being horseshit

Wordnumber
Jan 13, 2015
I hope people have learned to not ask for an Asura's Wrath lp because I cannot think of anything more miserable then the boys lecturing about why you shouldn't like the game for 30 episodes, which is what they said they would do in that hypothetical lp.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I want them to shut up about how cool character action games are and to actually play one on the channel, and if that means they have to practice or do the bare minimum beyond starting the game and hitting record then so be it.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I want them to shut up about how cool character action games are and to actually play one on the channel, and if that means they have to practice or do the bare minimum beyond starting the game and hitting record then so be it.

I don't.

ok maybe W101

(They already played revengeance)

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Neo_Crimson posted:

I want the Holy Trinity to be explained entirely via fighting game metaphors.

Jesus our Savior is the character selected, who has entered the game world and interacts directly upon it. He's the aspect of the lord who accepts suffering willingly-- by being selected, the character will know pain, conflict, and even death. But lo, if he falls in the first round, he will rise again to triumph in the end.

The Father our Lord is the player holding the controller. His will acts directly upon the world and is undeniable, but he is remote and can't be seen in our reality. He sees all that is happening, has a divine gameplan, and works to shape the world as he sees fit. Those of us in the gameworld can't judge or even understand his plans, for he is unimaginably more complex than we are.

The Holy Spirit is the meta, which can't be seen in this world or in the next. You can't define it or touch it or shape it, but it is a part of everything, inside the fighting game and outside of it. The subtle and complex interactions of the fighting game community shape everything in and around the game and give it meaning and substance.

Character, player, and meta all together are inseparable parts of the competitor.

My brother. Won't you let The Lord win the EVO of your heart?

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Barent posted:

honestly I just want a podcast where pat & woolie bullshit about christianity the whole time

They should play El Shaddai and kill two birds with one stone.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Once woolie finishes the nier lp, pat will guide his hips through a nier automata lp, and it will be glorious

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Captain Invictus posted:

Once woolie finishes the nier lp, pat will guide his hips through a nier automata lp, and it will be glorious

You say that like Woolie will actually finish the LP instead of just saying he's going to and putting it off forever.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I also said that not entirely seriously

Hopeful, but not seriously

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Matt giving poo poo to asura's wrath DLC stuff is okay, but the actually story of the game seemed fine? Asura himself was fine as a character. He did the whole "Dude who is really mad at fate/deities" way better than the god of war series ever did.

Monaghan fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Oct 26, 2017

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
That girl design is...certainly something.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Everything except the actual gameplay in Asura's Wrath is fantastic and I think the best friends are just super salty they made a full LP that got killed by capcom

I mean yeah paying for the ending is dumb but the dlc ending is actually rad as hell

the failing the button input moment was loving outstanding and I question if Matt actually played it or not if he didn't even mention that bit, it was genius

it also has a far better ending than gurren lagann.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

After falling out of favor of One Piece (getting too old for it's sappy poo poo and all), I now have a great desire to watch Plague gripe about Luffy next.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Asura definitely has better characters than gurren

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Grouchio posted:

After falling out of favor of One Piece (getting too old for it's sappy poo poo and all), I now have a great desire to watch Plague gripe about Luffy next.
it's really amazing how you post this and then OP has an absolutely fantastic chapter with an incredibly hilarious reveal the very next day, keep making wrong takes, you seem to have an inverse monkey paw effect latent superpower!

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

it's really amazing how you post this and then OP has an absolutely fantastic chapter with an incredibly hilarious reveal the very next day, keep making wrong takes, you seem to have an inverse monkey paw effect latent superpower!

This arc has been awesome the whole way through too

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
Holy poo poo this is some absolute bottom of the barrel tier stuff.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Foxhound posted:

Holy poo poo this is some absolute bottom of the barrel tier stuff.

Super Best Friends Play: Holy poo poo this is some absolute bottom of the barrel tier stuff.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Oh, is the Scrublords up early?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Baron Snow posted:

Oh, is the Scrublords up early?

They've been in the day slot for all of October due to the Shitstorm.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
The Scrublords ends exactly how you'd hope.

edit: also the next video on my playlist was fight n' rage and woolie is IMMEDIATELY wrong about nationalities

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Dias posted:

Super Best Friends Play: Holy poo poo this is some absolute bottom of the barrel tier stuff.

To be honest we're probably due for a new thread soon, this one is about to pass its 4 year birthday.

And yeah the scrublords ending was 100% perfect.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Dias posted:

also the next video on my playlist was fight n' rage and woolie is IMMEDIATELY wrong about nationalities

Is this some kind of perfect storm of Quebecois nationalism and a weeb's obsession with Japanese culture that causes them to know literally nothing about anything outside Quebec and Japan?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

A good poster posted:

Is this some kind of perfect storm of Quebecois nationalism and a weeb's obsession with Japanese culture that causes them to know literally nothing about anything outside Quebec and Japan?

Globalism means the average nerd knows about North America, Japan and wherever they are from. If the nerd is from North America, they don't even get the last one.

also holy gratuitous gash shot gal

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Farewell, marble-dwellers!

Foxhound posted:

And yeah the scrublords ending was 100% perfect.

That whole scrublords was 100% perfect.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Matt and woolie deliberately making GBS threads on resident evil while playing umbrella chronicles is truly the essence of the brown tempest.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

:pusheen:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I appreciate the spirit of tonight's Shitstorm but it's not a video I'm actually going to sit through and a bad follow up to last night's huge nothing of a video

e: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJJRRyek0ro okay this makes up for it

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Oct 28, 2017

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Blockhouse posted:

I appreciate the spirit of tonight's Shitstorm but it's not a video I'm actually going to sit through and a bad follow up to last night's huge nothing of a video

that video just makes pat spontaneously poo poo his pants in anger

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Yeesh, the Umbrella Chronicles video sure is a single stretched out bit.
Also lol at Matt making fun of people who have no patience.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

HGH posted:

Yeesh, the Umbrella Chronicles video sure is a single stretched out bit.
Also lol at Matt making fun of people who have no patience.
Well, people who have no patience have to get gud, so Matt has a point.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

What's that Featuring Bayonetta picture they're talking about in the Marvel VS. Capcom: Infinite episode?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Pat's reaction to this Shitstorm game was me after finishing Doki Doki Literature Club, tbf.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
this imscared shitstorm is producing some never before seen matt and pat fright noises

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I'd love to see them play all of IMSCARED

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I'd love to see them play all of IMSCARED

Did you see how long it took them to figure out the game of tag?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Nilbop posted:

Did you see how long it took them to figure out the game of tag?

I was worried the video was gonna end with them not even seeing the killer in Babysitter Bloodbath.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i would at least like to see them play to the end of the first 'chapter' of imscared, before the puzzles start getting really bonkers