Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

All I want is someone who makes watching Florida actually interesting and fun again. Like unless you are a Georgia fan the game yesterday was just bad. It wasn't entertaining (for a Florida fan or a neutral) watching the same tired offensive plays over and over again. The defence weren't putting on any sort of show. Special teams was just kind of ehhh. If we lose to #2 UGA then I can kind of accept that, but to do so putting nothing together on both sides of the ball is inexcusable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

rare Magic card l00k posted:

McElwain is going to get fired, and go to some random school and his offense will start scoring 60 a game.

Florida will sign Chip Kelly and fail to break 10 all season.

This is what's really going to happen.

[quote="“EvilHawk”" post="“477844661”"]
All I want is someone who makes watching Florida actually interesting and fun again.
[/quote]

Same. Someone mentioned 2007 earlier which is a good example, but I'd also point to several spurrier teams like 94, 97, 00. Good not great, but lots of fun to watch.

Mac and Muschamp have been fielding disjointed, unwatchable teams for a long time now.

LeeMajors fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Oct 29, 2017

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I want the new coach to at least keep the team from committing 8 false starts per game.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
Wake up at 7am, check twitter and message boards in hopes of a press conference today, rumors are Jones will be coaching next week, I shed a tear.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

nate fisher posted:

Wake up at 7am, check twitter and message boards in hopes of a press conference today, rumors are Jones will be coaching next week, I shed a tear.

We appreciate your sacrifice for wading into those cesspools :patriot:

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
It still kinda blows me away Mac was supposed to be an offensive coach and has some how done just as good or worse than Muschamp. How is that possible?

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

vikingstrike posted:

It still kinda blows me away Mac was supposed to be an offensive coach and has some how done just as good or worse than Muschamp. How is that possible?

He doesn't recruit as well, doesn't coach defense as well, and hired Doug Nussmeier to run the offense.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I remember when Mac said he could run an offense with his dog playing quarterback

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Ehud posted:

I remember when Mac said he could run an offense with his dog playing quarterback

Unfortunately, his dog is out of eligibility

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Ehud posted:

What he meant was his offense will look like his dog is the quarterback. He wasn't wrong.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
One day, we will swear to our grandkids that Florida football used to be fun to watch

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Ron Zook was not a great coach, but even with him we at least had a puncher's chance. Mac's Gators look so discombobulated.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Unsurprisingly, sounds like Mac's gone now.

edit: recruits are putting out statements saying don't contact them for interviews or comments, so yeah he's done.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

The Glumslinger posted:

Unfortunately, his dog is out of eligibility

No, it transferred to Louisiana Tech

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

quote:

Florida: Sources tell FootballScoop, Florida officials are meeting with Jim McElwain this morning. Will update once all is clear… ESPN’s Adam Rittenberg and Brett McMurphy have now both also reported on the meeting, with McMurphy adding the meeting’s focus is “legal issues, negotiations & much more on the table”.

He gone

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

LLCoolJD posted:

Ron Zook was not a great coach, but even with him we at least had a puncher's chance. Mac's Gators look so discombobulated.

Muschamp too. For like 8 years now we’ve either won 17-13 or gotten blown off the field. A watchable team with a punchers chance is all I want right now.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I want a team that is in the top 100 for scoring in college football

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
I enjoyed watching Florida football more than Tennessee football yesterday.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

lol RT and like when u see it

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/footballscoop/status/924686348350558209

waiting for somebody else to pick it up

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
E: beaten

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/robbieandreu/status/924687228718198784

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
lol that Butch Jones lasted longer than Mac

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Benne posted:

lol that Butch Jones lasted longer than Mac

This is actually not funny at all! :(

Edit: lmao who bought this dumb av

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Who is the interim? Is nuss gone??

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

nachos posted:

Who is the interim? Is nuss gone??

It had loving better be Spurrier.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/allbrightnfl/status/924689205875396608

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Aint it cool

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Butch Jones has outlasted Jim McElwain. What a survivor!

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

vikingstrike posted:

Our offense is better than Florida's right now, which is also pretty amazing.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

swickles posted:

It had loving better be Spurrier.

Randy shannon

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
Jesus Christ. I hope no one shows up for Tennessee homecoming next weekend. Sorry.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

This has to suck hard for Tennessee. Not that they're a lovely job or anything, but having to deal with a Florida opening (and essentially letting them have a head start) is rough.

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon

RumbleFish posted:

This has to suck hard for Tennessee. Not that they're a lovely job or anything, but having to deal with a Florida opening (and essentially letting them have a head start) is rough.

Maybe their plan is to get Butch as soon as Tennessee fires him.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
I guess we're going to hire him.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

General Dog posted:

With Auburn and LSU left on the schedule, Sumlin really needed to win the Mississippi State game, and he certainly didn't need to get embarrassed by them. 7-5 is looking more likely than 8-4, and that's probably not going to do it.

I don't know if/how it could happen, but Sumlin going to Florida would probably be a win for all parties involved.

e - So in the SEC Ole Miss/Florida are definitely in the market, Tennessee is all but in, Arkansas' probably going to be, and that doesn't count Nebraska/anyone else in the Power 5. Sorry Mizzou, you're probably stuck with Odom for another year.

C. Everett Koop fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Oct 29, 2017

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/brett_mcmurphy/status/924696062790717440

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Any Ideas on who Florida goes after? I'm sure people will say Chip Kelly, because they always do. Would they try to get Mullen to leave Miss State?

Mouse Cadet
Mar 19, 2009

All aboard the McEltrain
Next Stop: Atlanta
Frost should be their #1 candidate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
I guess they found the shark tape???

• Locked thread