Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Weatherman posted:

Yeah, as soon as I read "every time someone hits the bridge they have to stop the railway line for testing" I thought "why don't they put a big gently caress-off solid gantry six feet in front of and six inches lower than the bridge, so that the bridge is safe and we have another delicious can-opener to produce thread content?
I have literally already emailed the Minister with a link to 11foot8.com and suggestions to put a public-facing live-streaming camera in place. 11 foot 8 is great but another one can only be better for thread content.

Speaking of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWsSYzMGZws

Memento has a new favorite as of 10:42 on Oct 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Kay Kessler posted:

Fighting game playerbases have some seriously hosed up people in them.

I'm sure that's all true, but you could literally replace "fighting game playerbases" in that sentence with any other group of people and it would still be true.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Kay Kessler posted:

Fighting game playerbases have some seriously hosed up people in them. There was a scandal a few years back where a player was banned form most tournaments for beating his girlfriend. And one infamous instance had a guy let a Smash player crash at his place and he caught the dude masturbating into the sleeping bag he lent him.

I thought that was one where the Smash player graciously crashing at a guy's house literally poo poo the bed.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Memento posted:

I have literally already emailed the Minister with a link to 11foot8.com and suggestions to put a public-facing live-streaming camera in place. 11 foot 8 is great but another one can only be better for thread content.

Speaking of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWsSYzMGZws

I like how he just kinda drives off, like it's not going to raise any questions.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

TotalLossBrain posted:

2 story arrangements are not uncommon for fast food franchises in a lot of European cities, too*.

*I'm talking about the overcrowded ancient centers of larger cities.

In Milan, we have a 2 story McDonald's. This arrangement is not unique. What is unique is that it's right on top of the spot where the corpse of Mussolini was hung upside down (which, at the time, was a gas station)

OBR
Apr 9, 2009
LOL. "That's offensive! Let's put this misogynist meathead in his place"

https://twitter.com/RossTuckerNFL/status/924488403185557504

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

RyokoTK posted:

Please don’t conflate owning a shotgun for home defense with owning several assault rifles for mass murder.

The first one is when people think their property is worth more than a human being's life and the latter is I don't really know what.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Jerry Cotton posted:

The first one is when people think their property is worth more than a human being's life and the latter is I don't really know what.

I don't keep a gun but still cringe at this edgelord poo poo

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

hawowanlawow posted:

I don't keep a gun but still cringe at this edgelord poo poo

It's literally illegal to shoot a home intruder here and that's good. Number of people who get murdered and/or raped in their beds by burglars? Zero One.

Either your houses are poo poo or there's something inherently wrong with your society that guns simply will not fix. HTH.

e: From what I've seen it's literally both.

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 18:57 on Oct 29, 2017

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Jerry Cotton posted:

It's literally illegal to shoot a home intruder here and that's good. Number of people who get murdered and/or raped in their beds by burglars? Zero.

Either your houses are poo poo or there's something inherently wrong with your society that guns simply will not fix. HTH.

Your entire country has a smaller population than the San Francisco Bay Area

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Jerry Cotton posted:

It's literally illegal to shoot a home intruder here and that's good. Number of people who get murdered and/or raped in their beds by burglars? Zero.

"Why don't all those poor families in high crime neighborhoods just move to a safer one?" - An Idiot

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
My state hosted the In Cold Blood re-enactment society about 10 years back, and while I keep my shootbangs in a safe, I completely understand people who keep a revolver and a speedloader in their nightstand or whatever.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Sagebrush posted:

Your entire country has a smaller population than the San Francisco Bay Area

So you're saying it's OK to shoot people if there are a lot of them? Cool beans.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Like, hey, people who live in the favelas, don't you know it's unsafe? You should move!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

canyoneer posted:

"Why don't all those poor families vote for a social democrat and effect fundamental change in their society because, you know, they are literally the majority."

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

In the meantime,

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
we almost have this gun problem solved, let's keep going guys.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Jerry Cotton posted:

These people voted wrong and therefore shouldn't be allowed to defend themselves.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Jerry Cotton posted:

"Why don't all those poor families vote for a social democrat and effect fundamental change in their society because, you know, they are literally the majority."

We did. He lost to Hillary in the primaries. Who then got the majority of votes and still lost the last election. Because the US electoral system is possibly the worst in the world. HTH.

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
Hell yeah, let's get some circumcision chat going on too.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Besesoth posted:

We did. He lost to Hillary in the primaries. Who then got the majority of votes and still lost the last election. Because the US electoral system is possibly the worst in the world. HTH.

That's why it's relevant to this thread.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Jerry Cotton posted:

It's literally illegal to shoot a home intruder here and that's good. Number of people who get murdered and/or raped in their beds by burglars? Zero

It's nice to hear that your tiny population doesn't produce rapists or murderers. A large population will produce those, no matter how prosperous the population is.

"Excuse me sir, are you here in the middle of the night to rape/murder me, or just take my stuff?"

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Besesoth posted:

...Or the other party could have a system where there aren't so many bought supervotes that it does not matter who runs against the perceived winner?

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Jerry Cotton posted:

That's why it's relevant to this thread.

Meanwhile, this is irrelephant:

https://i.imgur.com/2JIqw5M.gifv

(I give up. Maybe someday I'll learn how to embed videos. :negative:)

SneezeOfTheDecade has a new favorite as of 20:51 on Oct 29, 2017

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
This argument is dumb as gently caress considered your more likely to kill yourself than a burglar but it’s more to make you look tough than anything practical.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Fantastic Flyer posted:

Hell yeah, let's get some circumcision chat going on too.

Maybe we can shoot the foreskins off?

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

ekuNNN posted:

"A Christian street preacher, who is known for his signs saying girls deserve to get raped if they’re not true Christians, goes to Apollo High School in Glendale, Arizona to shout that gay people will go to hell at children with a megaphone.
While he’s arguing with a parent who tries to get him to leave, 19-year old Tabitha Brubaker decides a more direct approach is needed, and hits him in the head with a baseball bat."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZrY9Njx2M8&t=424s

Practical solution: some guys should have followed him along yelling about how they were going to follow him home and rape make sweet consensual love to his gaping butthole beautiful body.

InediblePenguin posted:

my neighbor wasn't in a mosh pit, he was just in the neighborhood, existing, with his nazi tats hanging out because nazis exist in america and are proud of themselves for it, at least in Texas

haven't seen any openly "hi i'm a nazi look at my nazi swag" nazis in New York so far but I'm sure they're around too, tbh
Yeah, especially upstate where I grew up

:smith:

trickybiscuits has a new favorite as of 20:00 on Oct 29, 2017

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Inescapable Duck posted:

I thought that was one where the Smash player graciously crashing at a guy's house literally poo poo the bed.

I remember there was some Smash player who did something gross while staying over at someone else's place. I also recall reading about someone (not smash player) who stayed at a goon's house and just kinda never left. Eventually she died and when they cleaned out her bed or sleeping area there was literally urine or poo poo stains in the bed.

Edit: Thought I was in the AUG thread, oh well.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

https://i.imgur.com/X9XZLlE.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/Z5nx0Q9.gifv

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

A big fan of this tradition.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Flyball posted:

It's nice to hear that your tiny population doesn't produce rapists or murderers. A large population will produce those, no matter how prosperous the population is.

"Excuse me sir, are you here in the middle of the night to rape/murder me, or just take my stuff?"

I can't imagine living in this much fear. Lay off the CSI, brother

I have lived in poor areas filled with "thugs" and druggies my whole life and of course the crime rate is somewhat higher but jesus christ dude

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

KingSlime posted:

I can't imagine living in this much fear. Lay off the CSI, brother

I have lived in poor areas filled with "thugs" and druggies my whole life and of course the crime rate is somewhat higher but jesus christ dude

I don't live in a bad area, but that doesn't mean crime hasn't existed. People have had their cars and homes broken into, and shortly after my grandparents died someone jacked their car right out of our driveway in the middle of the night.

I haven't had anyone actually break into my house, but I've had people skulking around my backyard; earlier this year, our neighbor across the street ran out and told us that he just saw someone come sprinting out of our yard. We suspect that he was casing us to figure out a good way to break in.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Oh crime is absolutely a thing. My point is, not nearly as many people get raped/murdered in their sleep by an intruder as the average gun totin' American seems to believe.

Someone skulking around your yard? It's happened to nearly every one of us I wager (I can think of three instances in my family's home). Someone breaking in and forcing themselves into your sweet goony buttchecks? Gotta remember to keep the paranoia proportionate to the real, rather than preceived, risk

Like these horrible MURDERCRIMES where guns save the day or could have saved the day are not even 1/50th as frequent as their brain/the internet box/other paranoid weirdos has led them to believe

E: it's literally a non-existent threat for most people, it's just that stats are hard and guns make you feel like a cool rogue maverick dying to kill some rapists or whatever

EE: ok my b i'm done!

KingSlime has a new favorite as of 20:44 on Oct 29, 2017

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Enough gunchat please.

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

hackbunny posted:

In Milan, we have a 2 story McDonald's. This arrangement is not unique. What is unique is that it's right on top of the spot where the corpse of Mussolini was hung upside down (which, at the time, was a gas station)

Finally, a McDonald's I want to go.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Jesus, we get it. Euros think Americans are bloodthirsty savages, Americans think Euros are naive optimists. This isn't the thread to argue the issue.

POST MORE NUTSHOTS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-c8bv7e6EI

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

OBR posted:

LOL. "That's offensive! Let's put this misogynist meathead in his place"

https://twitter.com/RossTuckerNFL/status/924488403185557504

It’s a dick move to post this publicly. Just reply to clear the misunderstanding and move on like an adult.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Platystemon posted:

It’s a dick move to post this publicly. Just reply to clear the misunderstanding and move on like an adult.

Was it you?

I'm trying to understand how it's a "dick move". There's no identifying who the author was and it's pretty god drat funny that a misheard word can generate this kind of over-reaction.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://i.imgur.com/IbdaYeu.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

I don’t follow sportsball, so no.