Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

EasyEW posted:

Sally Forth

Jesus Christ.

First thing in the morning, I'm going to call my parents and tell them I love them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life

You don't get to call the Forths geeks, Reddick.
And you can't just draw the characters from your old comics and call it cosplay.
And if your idea of a stable relationship is a couple who's been together for 3 months and only just now kissed, wow.

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Viivi & Wagner

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

TofuDiva posted:

Bunch of threads ago, but I think maybe this guy was first introduced as one of Rex's patients who was denying it but obviously getting beat up at home. In which case this is a multi-year callback and I have no idea why I even remember it.
I completely forgot that's where Buck was introduced. Probably because they got rid of his weird Brady perm.

Vargo posted:

Thanks for taking care of these for me, JW! I'm back so I can take these again starting tomorrow.
It wasn't such a big deal to add them to my lineup, but I'm glad to stop now!

Aardmania posted:

Heathcliff

I really enjoy the lack of explanations in Heathcliff panels. Is he trying to attract fruit bats, and if so, why? Or is he just randomly wearing an apple costume and worried the fruit bats will come and try to eat him, and, again, if so, why?

F Minus

Awww just look at that little monster. :allears:

Mark Trail and our staunch allies in man's perpetual war on insects!

Mary Worth

She better not ditch him for that gently caress Wilbur again.

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Flash Gordon August, 1956

Well that was fast. Good going, Flash.

I'm starting to think Flash inadvertently saving the day is just the way these stories work.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

DIlbert

Foxtrot

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Professor Wayne posted:

Who even are these people?

I....*think* it's the Chinese people that are maybe related to the Chinese cello player?

It's kind of sad that Brooke gets so bored with the characters the strip is actually about that he just runs off into these random offshoot storylines. At lease Luann tries to keep Luann around.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Tina's Groove Classic (March 21, 2006)

Arlo and Janis Classic (March 21, 1996)

Garfield Classic (March 21, 1986)

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Aardmania posted:

9 Chickweed Lane

I think the translation server that they ran today's strip through is stuck on literal translation mode.

I hate that I know this, but Edda's superhero persona is Superlative Girl. So way to be creative with your dumb alterego names, Brooke.

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

Yeah, give the kid a dirty look. But when she asked if the ex had a chance, the best you came up with to reassure her was "You don't attempt to murder me" like that's some high bar to clear.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Aardmania posted:

9 Chickweed Lane

I think the translation server that they ran today's strip through is stuck on literal translation mode.

Here, let's clean this up a bit:

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

Endless Mike posted:

I....*think* it's the Chinese people that are maybe related to the Chinese cello player?

It's kind of sad that Brooke gets so bored with the characters the strip is actually about that he just runs off into these random offshoot storylines. At lease Luann tries to keep Luann around.

I was thinking it might be, but no guy from that storyline wears glasses. There was a secretary guy with strange ideas about corporate governance, but I don't remember him looking anything like that silhouette. I hate that I remember that but forgot the foreign language I learned in high school.

Looked it up to make sure:

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

treasureplane posted:

Dickie Dare (August 17, 1933)

I'm just gonna keep tracking these incidents. Did you know noodle-related violence has increased 100% since Dickie Dare joined the thread? It's true.

He sucks a lot of the time. Like a lot. But the Bizarro dude still has some good ones in him.

the bus

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Today's Garf

Zippy

Ripley's

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
I got to see this. I'll supply the bowling ball if someone can go get a grizzly to bite it and film it.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Sally Forth

Peanuts (November 8, 1970)

Funky WinkerOH GODDAMMIT, MORE OF THIS HORSESHIT?

Crankshaft

Out Our Way With The Willets/Wash Tubbs On Sunday (December 2 and 9, 1928)

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

poo poo, I laughed at that Pumpkin Jed Rose is Rose.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Flash Gordon

2003 Spiderman

The Amazing Mole Man

Nancy

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
:911: Double crying Nancy!

Nancy

Dustin

Kennel fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Oct 29, 2017

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Why are people posting so much Nancy
And not good, wacky, at times dadaist and very absurdist Nancy of old but the lovely tedious bad modern Nancy why the gently caress are you doing this to us you monsters

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Prince Valiant

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Time for another round of "how much time did it take to draw this poo poo vs how much time did it take to write this poo poo."
Parker needs to renegotiate his contract, if this split is anything less than 75-25, Kelly is hardcore screwing him over.

BC

Wizard of Id doing basically the same schtick as BC

Phoebe and her Unicorn

Baldo

Big Nate

Wallace the Brave

Curtis

Baby Blues

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Medenmath posted:

Prince Valiant

:finland:

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Calaveron posted:

And not good, wacky, at times dadaist and very absurdist Nancy of old but the lovely tedious bad modern Nancy why the gently caress are you doing this to us you monsters

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Calaveron posted:

Only children of the '40s-'50s-'60s will understand.

Or give a poo poo.

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

FrumpleOrz posted:

Mother Goose & Grimm

So she poisons them every Halloween?

EasyEW posted:

Crankshaft

I don't think hotdogs have veins :gonk:

Calaveron posted:

We post the good with the bad. You need to see current Gilchrist Nancy to appreciate Busmiller-era Classic Nancy. We are even posting the Guy and Brad-era Nancy to show how the strip transitioned into the idol-worshiping dreck that it is today.

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

Now I got Max Romeo stuck in my head.

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.

quote:

You don't get to call the Forths geeks, Reddick.
And you can't just draw the characters from your old comics and call it cosplay.
And if your idea of a stable relationship is a couple who's been together for 3 months and only just now kissed, wow.

Notice that every couple who isn’t in another comic is literally just a palette-swap version of Skip and Gwen?

What a lazy hack.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

This awful character design change in the early Gilchrists is what really gets to me. It's the only part of the comic that's even worse than the modern incarnations. She looks completely off-model compared to every other character in the strip. That she's always wearing a shirt with some weird county music logo on it just makes her look even worse.

Tracksuit

A specific submarine movie, or all of them?

Mother From Another Country

I didn't get the tweezers things last time either. Presumably a play on words.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Welp, I laughed at this one today.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Also shut the gently caress up already Baldo with your sanctimoniousness and your awful boring family

Angular Cyrus
May 29, 2007

everything is so much harder than it looks
Pop Team Epic

Honey Come Chatka

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Gonna have to go with "B"

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Viivi & Wagner

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Classic Dinette Set twists tongues.

Working Daze forgot to tell a joke again.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix is a master of disguise.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Some Guy TT posted:

I didn't get the tweezers things last time either. Presumably a play on words.

I thought it meant it's where people pluck the money out of your wallet.

EDIT: fuckdamn, there's a stock image for everything.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

Strontium posted:

Intelligent Life

Low effort, but:
1. I don't think Skip has said anything in weeks.
2. If someone said those word to me on a ride home from a holiday party, I would 100% think sex was expected.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Gilchrist has peaked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

kidcoelacanth posted:

Gilchrist has peaked.
Probably multiple times while doing that strip.

• Locked thread