Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Rocksicles posted:

It's the same type of show... PG intrigue and gunfights F.B.AIIII doing cool stuff with computers and poo poo... ENHANCE!

Yeah, and all that stuff is terrible. The reason The Blacklist gets a million seasons with it is entirely because it's James Spader. Like even Red's Most Wanted Poster has him being born in Masschusetts in 1960 because so was James Spader, and he's basically playing himself with less murder in his personal life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mulva posted:

Yeah, and all that stuff is terrible. The reason The Blacklist gets a million seasons with it is entirely because it's James Spader. Like even Red's Most Wanted Poster has him being born in Masschusetts in 1960 because so was James Spader, and he's basically playing himself with less murder in his personal life.

Anything to ease the crushing defeat of life. I'm a white male, aged 18-49, I like splosions and boobs.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Rocksicles posted:

It's the same type of show... PG intrigue and gunfights F.B.AIIII doing cool stuff with computers and poo poo... ENHANCE!

The tattoo poo poo cracks me up.
I skipped most of the last season, i'm all in for Rich Dot Com and the Magic tattoo.

I’d argue the other characters are much better on Blindspot, you actually like the crew. Also the gun battles are better.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
The thing to understand about Blindspot is that the characters are written as though they are highschoolers in a CW show.

But they happen to be seasoned veterans in an FBI special task force.

So if you can handle what the FBI must be like in the world of Riverdale, Blindspot is for you.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Snak posted:

The thing to understand about Blindspot is that the characters are written as though they are highschoolers in a CW show.

But they happen to be seasoned veterans in an FBI special task force.

Well, I tried a couple of episodes of Quantico but

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Wheat Loaf posted:

Well, I tried a couple of episodes of Quantico but
Quantico is poo poo and the only appeal is the pretty cast.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I haven't watched Quantico, but I've seen a few clips, and I assume Blindspot takes place in the same universe.

Fortunately, ever episode of Blindspot is guaranteed to have a shootout and a martial arts fight.

It's also not one of those shows that gives a poo poo about characters killing people. It's a breath of fresh air after like, Person of Interest. They just kill people all the time. Both sides.

It also becomes progressively more and more like Metal Gear Solid. The main villain of s2 is basically if The Boss was building Outer Heaven.

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

hey mister... can u play drums while I sing and play plastic guitar???
Dumb, corny action shows I like right now - MacGyver, The Brave, SEAL Team, and Lethal Weapon.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Snak posted:

So if you can handle what the FBI must be like in the world of Riverdale

I kind of want to see this exact thing now but I'm not sure it could be more insane than the Riverdale we're already getting.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Blindspot is the heiress to CSI Miami's crown: live action comic book crime shenanigans. Or, it's like Ziva David is actually Jethro Gibbs.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Snak posted:

It also becomes progressively more and more like Metal Gear Solid.

I'm suddenly way more interested in Blindspot than I was.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

In Fridays episode of OUAT Belle and Rumple built a huge fuckoff house with nothing but their hands. Was like Skyrim type poo poo.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

try the new taco place posted:

Dumb, corny action shows I like right now - MacGyver, The Brave, SEAL Team, and Lethal Weapon.

I unabashedly love Lethal Weapon. It's the most predictable show on TV, but it's ridiculously fun, anchored by the strong performances and perfect chemistry of Clayne Crawford and Damon Wayans. Crawford's version of Martin Riggs is even more damaged, charming, and hilarious than Mel Gibson's, and Wayans' version of Roger Murtaugh is much cornier, sillier, and more fun than Danny Glover's. I also like the captain a lot, but I'm a huge sucker for supportive TV and movie bosses who genuinely appreciate and protect their employees, since that has been so rare in my own experience.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Also that scene in last weeks Arrow where Diggle jumped off a roof and the lady whose name I forget Canary cried him over and down safe was badass.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
If the folks who make the Fast and the Furious movies could just remake Hardcastle and McCormick, that would do fine for me as well.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I'm suddenly way more interested in Blindspot than I was.

I mean... It's not nearly as cool as MGS and doesn't really have crazy tech. But the villain of the second season is a woman who's a radical who recruits orphans into her insane extremist terrorist super soldier program plan to take down the US.

Couple this with a protagonist engineered to be a soldier but who isn't sure what parts of her past are real or who to trust.

And a plot full of constant twists and betrayals.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I just binged through Season 3 of iZombie and even though I enjoyed it really feels like halfway through all the rest of the scripts got lost in a shredder so they started fresh with a whole new set of ideas. So many plotlines get dumped at the midpoint with no follow up like Major and Liv's relationship, the stolen cure, Blaine's Dad's new business ideas and more besides. It's just not the solid storytelling I've come to associated with the show.

Still worth it for the gang playing D&D though.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Zerilan posted:

I kind of want to see this exact thing now but I'm not sure it could be more insane than the Riverdale we're already getting.

They could adapt the Archie vs Predator comic

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Davros1 posted:

They could adapt the Archie vs Predator comic

How is that even a thing?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Oh boy
https://twitter.com/THR/status/924823677115518976

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

WHERE'S THE EVIDENCEEEE

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/KevinSpacey/status/924848412842971136
:yikes:

On one hand I'm glad this is all getting out in the open because it needs to stop but on the other hand WHAT THE gently caress

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Good gravy.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

That took a quick turn

EDIT: Oh boy

https://twitter.com/shaneriderMA/status/924852151838498816

MiddleOne fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Oct 30, 2017

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Can't wait for Corey Feldman's documentary now.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

GobiasIndustries posted:

https://twitter.com/KevinSpacey/status/924848412842971136
:yikes:

On one hand I'm glad this is all getting out in the open because it needs to stop but on the other hand WHAT THE gently caress
One of these paragraphs is not like the other

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Theres no mob like an angry mob.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Wow. Who knew something like this ...

......... would be what it finally took for him to fuckin' come out already!!! Girl, we all been knew.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Alan Tudyk and John Hannah are in Dirk Gently this season... it's so loving good.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I love Batiatus and Alan Two Dicks. Time to finally watch Dirk Gently.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

esperterra posted:

I love Batiatus and Alan Two Dicks. Time to finally watch Dirk Gently.

You seen season 1?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

All right so after watching most of season 1 of The Good Wife, I gotta say that I really don't understand Kalinda's character. She's more or less an emotional blank slate and has no backstory, she somehow knows everything and has a million contacts and everyone likes her, and she is simultaneously extremely loyal, out for herself, ambitious, passive and aggressive. Her detective work seems to consist of her asking one question and getting all the information the plot needs her to get from it, or finding a super-secret hidden document offscreen. The only thing that comes close to her acting like a believable human being is that she's unsubtly hinted at being gay, which means she must be in relationships sometimes.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

They attempt to give her backstory in a later season and it's disastrous. I think most of the online Kalinda fandom just talk about her boots.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

All right, fair enough, it doesn't really bother me that much anyway.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

If you keep watching the series I'm really looking forward to how you react to a future Kalinda thing. It takes place over a long time and not many people noticed it at first. It's one of the controversial parts of the show so don't look up any articles about The Good Wife if you don't want the spoiler.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Unless this show somehow gets worse than SVU's later seasons I'm probably gonna watch the whole thing.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
It's a shame that this looks pretty good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD6g33BNLpQ

Because CBS All Access.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

House of Cards is done.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

zoux posted:

House of Cards is done.

After the next season. Which will be Claire's rise to power and the natural series end anyways. I think somebody at Netflix is trying to score brownie points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

bring back old gbs posted:

After the next season. Which will be Claire's rise to power and the natural series end anyways. I think somebody at Netflix is trying to score brownie points.

Yeah, it's like the cancellation of Luck.

• Locked thread